PDA

View Full Version : TLC/CW variations?

Darth Jax
07-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Now that everyone has had a chance to make their initial purchases and scrutinize their finds are there figure variations that have come to light?

i noticed in the evolutions imperial pilot set that the clone wars pilot helmet isn't painted the same as on the front/back of the package. the 2 new comic packs have the figure names on the opposite side of the packaging from the correct figure (previous packs were all listed on the correct side as the figure).

Blue2th
07-28-2008, 09:04 PM
the 2 new comic packs have the figure names on the opposite side of the packaging from the correct figure (previous packs were all listed on the correct side as the figure).

I noticed that today with the Assaj comic pack.
I don't really look for package variations though. I like when they mess up a figure and have to call the factory, and a few get out, or a running change.

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 03:19 PM
The TLC packaged Fett Evo set has a version like the old one where Boba's missing his chest emblem, and later runs of the set have the chest emblem. I've only seen those later ones at TRU, the other chains have the no-emblem version.

jamesbondo07
08-01-2008, 03:54 PM
The Ak-Rev packaging has a robotic arm on the back that goes from the top left of the back of the card to the bottom right. It replaces the image of a droid in the bottom right. I haven't seen this on any of the other packages for figures and I have only seen this on the AK-REV without the 1st day sticker.

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Good notice, I have the figure and did take notice of it, but didn't realize it wasn't on the others.

jamesbondo07
08-15-2008, 10:11 PM
It was mentioned that someone could remove a 1st day sticker and put it on a different figure. The only problem with that is 1st day figures have a refelective Star Wars print on the front of the card and the non first days don't so it is pretty easy to tell if someone has done the ole switcheroo. Just a little fyi.

FundingMyAddiction
09-01-2008, 11:30 PM
The Ak-Rev packaging has a robotic arm on the back that goes from the top left of the back of the card to the bottom right. It replaces the image of a droid in the bottom right. I haven't seen this on any of the other packages for figures and I have only seen this on the AK-REV without the 1st day sticker.

I'd noticed this too. It's a pretty weird/cheesy graphic, but I do wonder how it ended up on just that card.