PDA

View Full Version : Why is Rex...ummmm...old?????

Kidhuman
07-29-2008, 01:53 PM
He is a clone, shouldn't he look like the rest of them? Why is he older and looks alot different than Jango?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
He's not, he cuts his hair short and dyes it blonde so it kind of looks white on the figure. And that apparently IS how the clones look in the show.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-29-2008, 04:03 PM
It's because the Hasbro "production error" was the old guy who wheels crates of action figures into a government storage facility in NV calling in sick to see The Dark Knight. Rex was stuck in that place so long, he done gots old.

bigbarada
07-30-2008, 01:37 AM
Don't the clones age twice as fast as regular humans?

Darth Jax
07-30-2008, 07:39 AM
JJL were did you get the info that he dyes his hair. The clone wars book indicates he looks exactly like all the other clones including "the strong features, brown eyes and brown hair typical of a clone trooper (page 19)"

Bel-Cam Jos
07-30-2008, 10:54 AM
In the novelization, it mentions some clone who shaves his head. So I guess there's some individuality. As long as Rex doesn't do that it-looks-like-crap-sticking-up-and-messy-but-it-actually-took-me-two-hours-to-get-it-looking-just-this-way style of today, he'll be okay. :p

El Chuxter
07-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Gree has some weird three-mohawk deal going on.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Gree has some weird three-mohawk deal going on.No, that's Commander Tee, identification BA-F001. : pity:

JediTricks
07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
JJL were did you get the info that he dyes his hair. The clone wars book indicates he looks exactly like all the other clones including "the strong features, brown eyes and brown hair typical of a clone trooper (page 19)"Karen Traviss was at a panel I saw talking about the Clone Wars movie adaptation, and she mentioned that she hadn't seen 1 shred of footage when she wrote it, they gave her the script and nothing else, so she felt there were some parts where stuff like that would come up, it would be different, and she suggested we consider the book more like a reimagining than a direct adaptation or sourcebook as there will be incongruities.

No, that's Commander Tee, identification BA-F001. : pity:NIIICELY DONE!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-31-2008, 04:22 PM
JJL were did you get the info that he dyes his hair. The clone wars book indicates he looks exactly like all the other clones including "the strong features, brown eyes and brown hair typical of a clone trooper (page 19)"
I got it here. (http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000655.html)

Darth Jax
07-31-2008, 05:42 PM
thanks, was just wondering cuz i hadn't come across that anywheres

DarkArtist
07-31-2008, 06:36 PM
whether he is young, old or just crazy looking i finally got my 3 from Hasbro yesterday. I actually like the concept of the clones trying to be more individualized and trying to break free of Jango's image...it sort of makes them more human in a way.

i can't remember which EU book i read it was either one of the Clone Wars novels or Republic Commando ones where the main clone character wanted to get out of the army and really just have a normal farm life, and be more human. I think it was the Cetus Deception but I'm not 100%. I think also the book Hard Contact mentioned the clones starting to have feelings for their Jedi Generals.

MaquisWarrior
08-01-2008, 04:47 PM
To all OLDER MEMBERS:

Remember the hilarious TV show send ups I did (thanks Robot Chicken for NOT STEALING THEM) and the Unleashed figures I also hilariously did and how I was almost kicked out of this club because of it! Well I'm glad it didn't happen to this guy for getting his info about dying his hair. I never go an apology for any of it! :mad:

cookiemonster
08-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Darth Jax have you actually seen the movie, Rex has got blonde hair in it, so whatever info you are reading is wrong, I know he dyes his hair and each clone is supposed to have a diferent look so they can be individuals now so we can care about them dying, now I dont know if this is just going to be individuality for the higher ranked clones or what, but the way they anwser it is the Clones have gained individualism from the Jedis they serve under. So in other words Hasbro screwed up all those Stormtroopers for nothing.

Darth Jax
08-20-2008, 07:16 AM
yes i've seen the movie (and even if it gets me banned i'll admit i enjoyed it).

the junior novelization has Rex brunette. the Traviss version has him as mr. clean, in fact he pulls out his razor everytime he pulls his helmet off to keep it smooth.

cookiemonster
08-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Darth if I was you stick with the movie at least you can see what it looks like there.

Oh and by the way your not the only one that thought the movie was good, actually I think it was better than the Phantom Pants (errrrr I mean Menace) and Attack of the Clowns (woops did it again the Clones).

Kidhuman
08-20-2008, 03:10 PM
yes i've seen the movie (and even if it gets me banned i'll admit i enjoyed it).

Us mods will be discussing it. ;)

JediTricks
08-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Some mods won't even be seeing it. :p

cookiemonster
08-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Well in that case I think some Mods are missing out on a good movie, just my opinion, lol.

Kidhuman
08-23-2008, 05:45 AM
Just so you know, this mod saw it as measuring stick to ban people

cookiemonster
08-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh well I saw and enjoyed it and after all you dont want to be classed like anotheR Site do you, lol.:whip:

Banning people for a diference of opinion.:thumbsup:

bigbarada
08-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty sure KH is joking. Besides they wouldn't ban people for liking the best Star Wars movie released in 25 years.;)

cookiemonster
08-24-2008, 12:19 PM
I know BB why do you think I done a put down of anotheR Site, lol.

I also agree with you, when you say best movie since ROTJ, this is how they should have done the Prequel Movies.

Kidhuman
08-24-2008, 07:47 PM
I liked the movie, I thought it was good. Some shotty animation about it really.

JediTricks
08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Everybody who saw this movie is banned... from the ability to not see it. :p

cookiemonster
08-27-2008, 02:17 PM
:twisted:Yeah Right:twisted:, and are you going to personally come and knock on my door when I buy the Movie on DVD - I warn you I have a female Great Dane (and no its not a woman from Denmark, sheesh, one woman is enough for any man, especially seeing mine is of Irish Decent), and the Great Dane says "You are Crunchy, and Taste great with Ketchup".:thumbsup:

bigbarada
08-28-2008, 06:03 PM
I think JT is saying that we can never unsee what we have seen.:cross-eye

cookiemonster
08-28-2008, 06:39 PM
And BB who would want to, its actually purged the memories of the Phantom Menace out of my mind at last, lol.:whip:

JediTricks
08-30-2008, 03:04 PM
I think JT is saying that we can never unsee what we have seen.:cross-eye
Precisely! And I, who have not seen it, won't have to worry about that for a while.

cookiemonster
08-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Damn JT that means I have to buy regular Dog Food for my Great Dane:yes:

And she was looking forward to Flambe Jedi on a Stick

JediTricks
09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Well, I walk softly but carry a large serrated one-handed folding knife, so I doubt your dog would find that very tasty. ;) Although, knowing my last few dogs, they'd chew it up no matter what, dogs have an obsession with gnawing. I suggest you let 'em have any POTF2 main character figures from '97 or before, especially the '95 batch. :p Part of me wants to set up a shelf with new clones and new stormtroopers assassinating the entire '95 line one by one, but the friggin' POTF2 figures aren't articulated enough to look like they're being shot.

cookiemonster
09-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Actually to be honest, she's more like scooby doo - she would take one look at you and hide behind me, lol. Now the Beagle and the Rat Terrier would take you out, lol.

JediTricks
09-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Does she say "ruh roh!" and other great dane sayings, or float in the air over snacks? ;)

cookiemonster
09-04-2008, 06:48 PM
I dont know about floating, but she can be upstairs and as soon as she hears the rustle of the treat bag, she magically and silently appears, you know she may just well float after all, lol.

OC47150
09-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I thought Rex shaved his head. Or I think I read that in the novel.

But the individuality of the clones is cool. I want a clone with the dual red mohawk!

Kidhuman
09-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I think that clone with the red mohawk was Fox. He was a Target Exclusive

ncbarrett
09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I think that clone with the red mohawk was Fox. He was a Target Exclusive

Actually it is Commander Gree..

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/detailed.xml?product_id=1306194&type=img3

cookiemonster
09-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Ok I am liking the Commander Gree head, the rest of the outfit looks ok as well, very Nam haircut..