PDA

View Full Version : To swap or not to swap

Neuroleptic
07-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Well, now that I finaly have Darth Vader with removable three stage helmet, I am probably never going to get another Darth Vader ever again.

. . . unless he comes with a different set of hands!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I couldn't stand the fact that the ultimate Darth Vader is left handed.

So . . . I popped the hands off of my 30th aniversary Darth Vader that came with the Kenobi robes base and swapped the hands. I like the look of the hands that come with the newest vader better, but this is the vader I have fighting luke and having him using his off hand during this just didn't make sence to me.

So since my 30th anaversary Vader is the one on my sith shelf, I gave in to temptation and swapped hands.

The other figure I'm thinking about swapping out parts on is Sand Storm Luke. I got him because I didn't have a single luke in my collection at the moment and I just felt that the (NEAR) ultimate Darth Vader deserved an opponent.

Unfortunately, he deserves an opponent with a better head on his shoulders.

So, anyone know a good luke with a likeness that I could swap heads on? Cause this guy is fuuuuugly.

Old Fossil
07-29-2008, 09:17 PM
I would suggest using the TAC Ceremonial Luke's head.

Good head, there.:cross-eye

bigbarada
07-29-2008, 09:40 PM
I also swapped out the hands for my Legacy Vader with the hands from the TAC ANH Vader. I was originally just going to swap out the right hand, but the gloves on the TAC figure are a lot shinier, so you have to swap out both. The figure looks fine now, no problems with holding his lightsaber at all.

I actually had to perform a similar procedure on my Evolutions Vader, thank goodness that TAC Vader rotted on shelves for so long and was easy to find.:rolleyes:

I can't give you any advice about the Luke, that figure is just a turd from top to bottom.

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Hmm, glove-swap, that's a good idea, I hate that hand they put with this figure.

Has anybody actually taken off the lower part of the helmet? I can tell it's 3 pieces, mine has the head (really the upper head, there is no lower head) rotate separately, but I can't get it to come off of the peg holding it. The helmet put together looks a lot better than early first pictures (such as the one in the SSG header above).

As for Luke Sandstorm, I actually like that figure's head, it's a little flat-faced but the likeness is in there, and the wild hair reminds me of the battle scene, and he has the missing belt for DS2 Luke we were hoping for (that's what was missing on last year's Jedi Luke, you can remove the cloth but no belt). The only real option you have to swap it is last year's TAC palace Luke, and that head is based on the 4-year-old Saga version so it's lost its luster.