PDA

View Full Version : V-19 Torrent SWTF shown at SDCC

JediTricks
07-30-2008, 02:54 PM
You may not have noticed it, as it was shoved in the back row and mislabeled as Cmdr Cody, but Hasbro brought with them a V-19 Torrent SW Transformer. I think this one looks pretty slick so far, but they didn't show the vehicle mode, so who knows: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29307
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29300
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29296
The mech-head looks beefy and roboty.

On a semi-related note, the black repainted Imperial Shuttle/Emperor looks really cool, I hate myself for saying it but I think I might buy that one as I liked the first one.

Jangu Fett
07-30-2008, 08:37 PM
I seen that, not bad, but I rather see both modes. JT, you are not alone. I thought the repaint Emperor/Imp. Shuttle was slick. I wonder what the 4th new mold is???

I'm abit concerned over what looks to be a lack of mini-figs, on the packaging. Yes, you can see a pilot figure in the mech V-19, and maybe one in the new General Grevious. But all the others shown, and the packaging for them. Doesn't show them. To me it looks like Hasbro has decided to go along the line of the Marvel TF and not include mini-figs. If that's the case, I'll stop collecting them. I only collected them because they were the closest thing to the Action Fleet.

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 03:55 PM
I assume the alt mode will look like the recent V-19 toy they released in the Clone Wars line, but I wish I had remembered to bug them about getting that transformed, it just slipped my mind.

Who said there was a 4th mold? I hadn't heard that. There wasn't a 4th mold at the show (there may have been a repaint I didn't notice though, except for the Emp I don't pay much attention to the repaints).

I am pretty sure the new packaging just hides the minifigs far too well, I can't imagine them dumping the minifigs when that's still one of the main concepts of the line - mechs (then again, you're right, Marvel Crossovers are also mechs and have no figs or place for them). I hate the new packaging so much that if they changed the minifigs AND the packaging for the worse, I would finally walk away from this shaky line.

Jangu Fett
08-01-2008, 04:25 PM
I took this from the GG / TIE Bomber thread Battle Droid originally posted it.

"http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=10982

JI: Can you tell us what new Transformers/Star Wars sculpts we might see for this year?

Hasbro: Four all-new sculpts are planned for later this Fall. We are going to be revealing all of them (and possibly more) at Comic Con, but we'll give you a little taste of our September wave: General Grievous/Grievous Starfighter, and TIE Pilot/TIE Bomber."

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Ah, ok, I had seen that and just forgotten since we already knew about those 2 before Hasbro's answer. Good point. If you post the question in Q&A poll about the 4th new mold (and a pic of vehicle mode for V-19), I'll add it.

figrin bran
02-15-2009, 06:47 PM
The V-19 and AT-TE are out now. I saw a few at Targets and Walmarts over the weekend. Target and WM are charging 16.50ish for them but I found a Target where they were still $15 something so I got the V-19. I would've bought the Rex AT-TE as well but I needed the money for Universe Inferno.

There is no mini fig but the cockpit does open up.

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 07:08 PM
I've decided to pass on both, I think I'm giving up on this line despite hearing ok things about the V-19.

You looking for Inferno? I stashed one for a buddy last week, I'll go back and see if it's still there, pretty sure he didn't pick it up.

figrin bran
02-18-2009, 11:01 AM
I've decided to pass on both, I think I'm giving up on this line despite hearing ok things about the V-19.

You looking for Inferno? I stashed one for a buddy last week, I'll go back and see if it's still there, pretty sure he didn't pick it up.

No, I meant I needed my cash on hand to pay for Inferno and thus didn't have enough for AT-TE Rex :D

JediTricks
02-19-2009, 11:11 PM
So, what do you think of the V-19?

figrin bran
02-20-2009, 12:52 AM
It's not bad as far as SW TF's go. However, as the price continues to escalate on this line, it's harder and harder to justify the few that I do purchase.

The deco on the alt mode could stand to have a bit more weathering but that's just my personal preference. Bot mode has decent articulation but massive amounts of kibble on the back from the tail fin as well as wing kibble on the arms. My main reason for getting this was to get a V-19 in this scale so it might not be something you'd want to get. Overall, I suppose it would merit a B+/B and that's graded against other SW TF's.

JediTricks
02-23-2009, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the info. Kibble has been this line's biggest failure.

Warstar
06-03-2009, 12:24 AM
...variation on the V-19...

Wish I had pics but they are REALLY easy to spot!

One version is Gray base-plastic, with White painted near the front of the "engine" tubes.

The other version is White base-plastic, with no white paint (it would be lost).

Anyone else catch this variation?

More importantly, anyone care? :p

JediTricks
06-03-2009, 03:38 AM
Man, OLD'D! I have started noticing these on shelves, but my interest in the line has dropped to zero.