PDA

View Full Version : Should Hasbro make new figures of Piett, Ackbar, etc or not?

urrutiap
07-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Piett
Nien Nunb
Ackbar
That Camel Joe lookalike
Rancor Keeper
a third Bib Fortuna and get it right this time or just stick with Saga 2 Bib?
Weequay done super poseable. Tired of seeing released POTF2 Weequays being repainted a little and stuck with the left hand having the palm facing up

In my personal opinion I think the Piett figure from the POTF2 series is fine as it is even though its outdated. Nien Nunb and Ackbar are the only two that need an update

Slicker
07-31-2008, 04:15 AM
I think that we definitely need a Piett and an Ackbar. It's been far too long since we've had a new Ackbar.

sebillba
07-31-2008, 04:32 AM
I got my Rebel Pilots Evo set yesterday, and now I've got the updated Ten Numb, it really highlights how badly we need a new Nien Nunb.

obi-dad
07-31-2008, 07:01 AM
Piett - Not bad (probably the best out of this list), but it's time to get him updated
Nien Nunb - unless I'm mistaken, a simple repaint of Ten Numb shoud do the trick
Ackbar - definitely need, maybe not fully SA, but regular knew and elbow joints are needed
That Camel Joe lookalike - didn't we just get one a few years back?
Rancor Keeper - this looks worse and worse as the years go by and Hasbro's sculpting improves
a third Bib Fortuna - not sure
Weequay - go all out and repaint away.... need the blonde skiff guard.

Cane_Adiss
07-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Piett - Imperial officers don't really do much for me. I would pass on this if they ever remade him. The first one was boring enough.

Nien Nunb - This ones a no brainer. I'm shocked Ten Numb came first but this one shouldn't be far behind.

Ackbar - also a no-brainer. Hasbro knows we want this one! Give us his command chair too!

Sealt-Marae (That Camel Joe lookalike) - I can see Hasbro waiting to do this one if they ever bring the Vintage line back (hopefully never) but we need an update regardless.

Rancor Keeper - This one is as good as we'll ever get i think. I don't see Hasbro putting resources into resculpting a pegwarmer as persistant as this one.

Bib Fortuna - I think a head re-sculpt is all this one needs. This character is no different essentially than the many "senator" type figures we've gotten so the figure doesn't need to be ultra articulated. The Saga figure was one of the best sculpts in that line, even if he had the worst facial expression possible for the figure.

Weequay - I honestly thought we'd see this one redone by now. The Sev figure we just got had a headsculpt that was dead on to the Jabba's Skiff Weequay so I assumed a head sharing was going to happen. I guess we'll have to wait and see about this one.

Other figures that need updated:

EV-9D9 - She needs an articulation upgrade desperately, and it would be nice if Hasbro gave her an articulated jaw similar to the vintage figure. One that I would buy over many of the above listed.

Orrimaarko - This figure was awesome for it's time, but it would be great to see him updated. Perhaps in a Endor Rebel Evolutions pack with Nien Nunb and...

Ishi Tib - This guy deserves a new figure as well. Perhaps Hasbro could give him a name (with Lucasfilm's blessing of course).

Lak Sivrak - A long shot, since he was cut from his scene in the cantina. It would be good to see him better sculpted and articulated, and maybe he has more of a chance now that his "lover" is getting released next year.

ASP-7 droid - This was a figure I was excited for years ago, and it was actually pretty tough to find. When I did however, I passed over it in favor of EV-9D9. Mainly because it wasn't that cool looking in person. I think this one needs to be better designed, painted and articulated.

Sy Snootles - I hated what they did to her design in the special editions. They made her look like a loony toon. Her corresponding figure was decent for its time, but in this day and age its much too pre-posed and more of a statue than anything. Hasbro should actually do a figure based on her pre-special edition appearance, as that's a figure fans might appreciate more.

Joh Yowza - Let me start off by saying that I hate this character. Regardless of my distaste for him, he is still an energetic creature that jumps and moves around quite a bit. Unfortunately his figure can't do the same.

bigbarada
07-31-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm not sure if I would buy a new Admiral Piett, since I'm getting a little bored of getting the same Imperial Officer body just with different heads. However, we do need a new Grand Moff Tarkin and not one that's just a repaint of the Ep3 figure.

Nein Nunb - Definitely need a new one of him. They could use arms and legs of the new Ten Nunb, but he would need a completely new torso, hands and a retooled head with the cap sculpted on.

Admiral Ackbar - He's in my top three for most wanted figures. I would like to see him as super articulated as possible.

Yak Face (or the Joe camel guy) - we haven't seen a new version of him in 11 years, so an update would be nice. He wasn't a great seller back in 1997; but then again he wasn't a great figure either. Hasbro should really go all out, put him in the vintage style line and collectors would go crazy for him.

Rancor Keeper - the 1997 version looks terrible, but Hasbro would really have to knock a new version out of the park for me to buy it.

Bib Fortuna - with a soft-goods robe, he'd make a great addition to the vintage style collection.

Weequay - YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! This figure is horribly outdated and the 1997 version is actually worse looking than the vintage figure. Redo him from scratch, make him super articulated and then make all the other skiff guards while they are at it.

I'll add a few of my own:

Gamorrean Guard - another one where I think the vintage figure actually looks better than the modern update. Seeing what Hasbro has done with figures like Yarna, Hermi Odle and Ephant Mon, they could really make this an awesome figure. This guy is actually #2 on my list of most wanted figures (Kithaba is number 1).

Rebo Band - everyone has forgotten the special editions already, so just make a high quality 1983 version of the band and be done with it... and give Sy Snootles back her headdress and boobs while they are at it.

Oola - hopefully the rumors are true and we're getting a new one of her next year. Super articulated with the new hip articulation would be a must.

Barada - I'm sure not many fans would be overly thrilled with the idea of an all new super articulated Barada, but I know I would.:)

EV-9D9 and 8D8 - after seeing the new 2-1B, I think Hasbro could really do something cool with these guys.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-31-2008, 02:28 PM
I'd love some new additions of all these guys...as the POTF2 figures while cool in the day suck pretty bad by today's standards.

Nien Numb- As long as he has a removeable cap thingie and a soft goods vest.

Ackbar: After getting the Mon Cal. Warrior from the CW line...they good do wonders for this guy...

Yak- Face...Not really needed, but i'd buy it if they made him...a great vintage figure...

Rancor Keeper: LOL, this could be awesome but it won't happen, as this guy peg warmed forever!!!

Bib Fortuna: Why have they not done him yet? Soft goods robes like the Kenner one....No stupid thick plastic...sick of those stupid bulky cloaks.

Weequay: Another why figure? Cool looking alien so's very iconic, needs a great Sa update, with a SA armor piece (Joking).

Also Oola, Prune Face, Wicket, The Ewok with Wicket from POFT2, The Max Rebo Band, Dash Rendar, and All the ROTJ Droids...would be cool as well.

bigbarada
07-31-2008, 02:44 PM
The Ewok with Wicket from POFT2,

That was Logray and he, along with Wicket and Paploo, definitely need a modern upgrade.

Devo
07-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Yep. Piett, Ackbar, Nien Nunb, gamorrean guard and Dr.Evazan would top my list of POTF2 figures needing resculpts.

urrutiap
07-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Saga 2's Bib Fortuna is still nice looking but he's one of those stiff looking salt and pepper shaker figures.

I've been thinking about something about Nien Nunb. His outfit is all red with a black vest right? well so far we've had those 30th anniversary Red outfit Naboo figures and some crappy Han Solo Endor Raid figures with a removeable jacket or even some of the Vintage Style Hans like Endor Han or whatever.

Frankensteining a few Saga 2 figures here and there to make a Nien Nunb might be great but it would look terrible especially when the last part is the head of Nien Nunb.

AmanaMatt
07-31-2008, 08:41 PM
We could really use new versions of

Ackbar
Weequay - very much needed
Gamorrean Guard - still good, but a new one could blow us away

Off track:

Why do some hate the Vintage line so much still? There were a few bad ones, but we received awesome versions of several imperials, new chewie, Hans....I love that line.

Anyway, what do I know about that line. It only got me excited in SW collecting again. :love:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Off track:

Why do some hate the Vintage line so much still? There were a few bad ones, but we rec awesome versions of several imperials, new chewie, Hans....I love that line.

Anyway, what do I know about that line. It only got me excited in SW collecting again. :love:
I think it's that many basic figures are at or above the quality of vintage figures by now, and many of the figures in that line are, in the opinion of many, just not worth the extra few dollars, especially when they get re-released multiple times or retooled to be better later (see: stormtrooper, Vader, Chewie, Hoth Han, X-wing Luke, etc.).

There are a few figures from the early days I'd like to see redone, including Piett and Ackbar. I don't need or really want resculpts of background characters. I would take a new Ponda Baba, but I already have three, so what's the point?

General_Grievous
07-31-2008, 10:52 PM
I'd settle for a new Ackbar, but I think the POTF2 sculpt that needs to be updated most is Wicket.

TheDarthVader
07-31-2008, 11:48 PM
Any updated figure having to do with jabba's palace would be welcomed in my home. I would also buy any updated droid, pilot, or ewok. YES. The answer is YES...we need them!

figrin bran
08-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Yes to everyone that's been mentioned especially Ackbar and Nien Nunb.

Adam
08-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Admiral Ackbar - He's in my top three for most wanted figures. I would like to see him as super articulated as possible.

My POTF2 Ackbar is forever in a hands raised, "IT'S A TRAP!!" pose on my shelf.

Surely, a more dramatic IAP pose can be achieved, Hasbro. (not sarcasm)

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Ackbar should be done again, the original was good but the body lets this figure down painfully. Look at those legs, that work could be Kenner's ESB line easily - yes, I know he's an ROTJ character, but Kenner's sculpting was better than POTF2 Ackbar by 1983. :p

Nien Nunb was a bad sculpt for its day, and hasn't gotten any dang better. That figure is attrocious in sculpt and paint, it needs to be redone stat. Hell, I don't think it can even fit in the new Falcon!

Admiral Piett is a toughy, he's a major character and a survivor up until the end of the series, but he's just another boring guy AND we have a figure of him. This one is on the fence, it could stand to be done but it's not necessary and it will likely fail if done.

Yakface doesn't need to be redone IMO, that's an ok figure, but could use a better deco. I wouldn't think many folks would buy a new or a redeco tho'.

Rancor Keeper is a figure that is legendary for how goofy it is and how badly it pegwarmed. The only way to sell this now is in a battle pack alongside the alien rancor keeper and a new door accessory and a wad of cash in the box.

Bib Fortuna I feel like deserves a better figure, but the market wouldn't support it at all.

Weequay MUST be done right soon, and the head has to be better than Ak-Rev's, that wasn't impressive work there, it was only "good". Weequay needs to be ultra badarse though.

I got my Rebel Pilots Evo set yesterday, and now I've got the updated Ten Numb, it really highlights how badly we need a new Nien Nunb.The original Ten Numb figure did that too. Oh, and so did the original Wicket figure, and the original Monkey Face Leia. ;) POTF2 Nien Nunb sucks.

From the others mentioned here...

EV-9D9 is a must, the POTF2 figure is a modification of the superior '80s figure, they actually took OUT a feature (the muppet mouth) for no real reason.

Prune Face I don't think the market could support, and the original seems fine as it is IMO. If they did a different Prune Face, and I believe there is one, I suspect it'd not get a lot of traction.

Ishi Tib I don't think they should redo the figure of, I think folks have been complaining for a DIFFERENT Ishi Tib and that's what Hasbro should do (not that I personally care at all, I wouldn't bother).

Lak Sivrak is an awesome figure, doesn't need redoing. New articulation would be nice, but what's the point really?

ASP-7 droid is kinda meh, but its entry in the movie is equally meh. The original figure sucks, but almost nobody would buy a new version because it's a total "who cares" piece. I have a ton of them from clearance days.

Sy Snootles done pre-SE is a must in my book, not only does she need a different pose and face, but it's just another "face of the palace" that folks need to see done right.

Joh Yowzah sucks and should burn in hell, no second figure needed. What we really need to make is a time machine to go back and erase that turd from the continuity. Oh, and if there's time, kill Hitler and save JFK, I guess - whatever. ;)

Gamorrean Guard could stand an update, the POTF2 version and its repaint are very good for their time I think, but the articulation is lacking and the fist issue is never going away, and the sculpt could use some sharpening.

Rebo Band is one I don't think needs doing, Sy needs doing but the other 2 are really decent already.

Oola is not a figure I'd be thrilled to buy yet again, but the POTF2 figure can't really dance and that's all she is, a dancer. She's another "face of the palace" though so it should be done right.

Barada and the other guards might as well just get it done with the versions we don't have, but I kinda don't care that much about that whole thing - we've got representatives of their species which are ok as it is. I wouldn't say no though.

8D8 is not a figure I think needs updating, the original serves its purpose pretty well, good sculpt for the time and great light-piped eyes.

Why do some hate the Vintage line so much still? There were a few bad ones, but we received awesome versions of several imperials, new chewie, Hans....I love that line.

Anyway, what do I know about that line. It only got me excited in SW collecting again. :love:First off, the line has a LOT of stinkers, almost half are turkeys, and then they're $10 turkeys. Secondly, even the line's successes aren't nailed, the Biker Scout's body could have more range and a bigger head, the Stormtrooper needed the TAC changes. Third, although their molding and paint often was superior to the basic line, the modern basic line pretty much gets everything else just as good so they're not necessary. Forth, they came with almost no accessories.

Let's break it down fig by fig

Luke ANH - poor likeness, awful hair paint, soft goods execution is poor, articulation is ugly underneath and ineffective.
Leia ANH - poor deco hides likeness, hair sculpt is wrong, outfit is simplistic, articulation is so-so, neck is long.
Han ANH - non-removable vest, shrimpy and very skinny, belt sticks way out, likeness is questionable.
Obi-Wan - frail body with bad articulation choices, skinny facial likeness, unacceptable POTJ lightsaber, robe is way too big.
Vader - good, but problematic articulation design leads to breakage, articulation could be better.
Yoda - soft goods bulks this character out, face doesn't work as well as some others, total ripoff at price.
3PO - um, is there anything GOOD about this one?
Lando - decent fig but so-so articulation, dedicated cape, unmerciful pegwarmer.
Chewie - very good, but sculpted hair on hands is limiting, and likeness doesn't quite get the character's roar or quiet face.
R2 - very good sculpt, but needs paint weathering BADLY, maybe another gimmick, and since ROTJ, needs saber in dome!!! Plus, blank panel on dome.
Boba fett - darn good, hips could be more dynamic but hard to dislike. Backpack is too big and falls off too easily tho'.
Stormtrooper - good, but very undynamic pose and helmet could be better (and now is). Deco on plastic is underperforming.
Luke Pilot - good, but likeness is so-so and stolen from ANH fig with better paint. Deco on body is pitiful.
Tusken Raider - awesome. Articulation could be better but still nifty.
Greedo - nice vest, hippie!
Biker Scout - range of motion is hampered, pose isn't very "vintage" yet still undynamic, head way too small.
Han Endor - fair but not great, a lot of folks don't like this head sculpt and it's small.
Bossk - rules! But he's not iconic, kind of a vague entry.
IG-88 - rules slightly less but still awesome. Holster doesn't work, grenades aren't removable.
Han Hoth - not that great, hood situation is lame and pretty much buries this one
Luke Bespin - good update but likeness isn't there, and what's with the green crotch?
Leia Endor - awful awful awful. Long neck, skinny body, underwhelming, ripped off helmet and poncho, very sucky.
Snowtrooper - very good, what's with that deco though? And he's a little short for a Snowtrooper.

DarkArtist
08-03-2008, 05:12 PM
totally agree that we need a new Admiral Piett from ROTJ - he should have some basic articulation maybe SA (I know why SA) but this way for those of us who want to use him in other dioramas other than aboard the Executor, the SA will be a great addition to the figure.

Admiral Ackbar - hard to redue this figure but one I wouldn't mind seeing redone, maybe as a pack-in they can include his commander chair from Home-One.

Weequay - definately need an SA sculpt of the classic Skiff Guard.

bigbarada
08-03-2008, 05:37 PM
First off, the line has a LOT of stinkers, almost half are turkeys, and then they're $10 turkeys. Secondly, even the line's successes aren't nailed, the Biker Scout's body could have more range and a bigger head, the Stormtrooper needed the TAC changes. Third, although their molding and paint often was superior to the basic line, the modern basic line pretty much gets everything else just as good so they're not necessary. Forth, they came with almost no accessories.

Let's break it down fig by fig

Luke ANH - poor likeness, awful hair paint, soft goods execution is poor, articulation is ugly underneath and ineffective.
Leia ANH - poor deco hides likeness, hair sculpt is wrong, outfit is simplistic, articulation is so-so, neck is long.
Han ANH - non-removable vest, shrimpy and very skinny, belt sticks way out, likeness is questionable.
Obi-Wan - frail body with bad articulation choices, skinny facial likeness, unacceptable POTJ lightsaber, robe is way too big.
Vader - good, but problematic articulation design leads to breakage, articulation could be better.
Yoda - soft goods bulks this character out, face doesn't work as well as some others, total ripoff at price.
3PO - um, is there anything GOOD about this one?
Lando - decent fig but so-so articulation, dedicated cape, unmerciful pegwarmer.
Chewie - very good, but sculpted hair on hands is limiting, and likeness doesn't quite get the character's roar or quiet face.
R2 - very good sculpt, but needs paint weathering BADLY, maybe another gimmick, and since ROTJ, needs saber in dome!!! Plus, blank panel on dome.
Boba fett - darn good, hips could be more dynamic but hard to dislike. Backpack is too big and falls off too easily tho'.
Stormtrooper - good, but very undynamic pose and helmet could be better (and now is). Deco on plastic is underperforming.
Luke Pilot - good, but likeness is so-so and stolen from ANH fig with better paint. Deco on body is pitiful.
Tusken Raider - awesome. Articulation could be better but still nifty.
Greedo - nice vest, hippie!
Biker Scout - range of motion is hampered, pose isn't very "vintage" yet still undynamic, head way too small.
Han Endor - fair but not great, a lot of folks don't like this head sculpt and it's small.
Bossk - rules! But he's not iconic, kind of a vague entry.
IG-88 - rules slightly less but still awesome. Holster doesn't work, grenades aren't removable.
Han Hoth - not that great, hood situation is lame and pretty much buries this one
Luke Bespin - good update but likeness isn't there, and what's with the green crotch?
Leia Endor - awful awful awful. Long neck, skinny body, underwhelming, ripped off helmet and poncho, very sucky.
Snowtrooper - very good, what's with that deco though? And he's a little short for a Snowtrooper.

The vintage-style line was the bees knees back in 2004 and it was exciting to see the vintage card designs on store shelves again. Nowadays, the novelty has worn off somewhat and the higher quality figures are starting to become more of the exception than the rule.

From the ones released so far, I still really like the original Han and Chewie figures. Still the best Chewie sculpt in my mind, but I would prefer more neutral hands. I think Han looks great standing next to Chewie, because it accents the size difference, but he is looking a little skinny compared to more recent figures.

Boba Fett is good, but I think the 300th figure nailed the helmet much better.

Artoo is good, but I actually prefer the 2006 Hoth Artoo rerelease.

Nothing else from the 2004 line really stands out anymore.

From 2006, I really like the Tusken Raider (except for his elbow articulation) and Greedo (as long as you swap out his vest)

I loved the Biker Scout, but his pin head is really a glaring flaw these days. Plus, JT is right about the limited range of motion.

All the other 2006 figures were substandard even in 2006.

For 2007, Bossk is one of the greatest action figures in Star Wars toy history!

The Snowtrooper is awesome as well, but I agree with JT on the deco... a little on the "WTF were they thinking?" side. They're helmets were shiny white in the film, not a dull pinkish-grey.

IG-88, another landmark figure, but somewhat hurt by accessory problems.

Luke, Han and Leia from the 2007 line were jokes.

If they bring this line back, I hope they take some lessons from the 25th Anniversary GI Joe line. Just update the vintage card designs with J-hooks, ditch the clamshells, keep the coffin blisters and drop the price to match the standard figures.

Devo
08-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Bib Fortuna I feel like deserves a better figure, but the market wouldn't support it at all.

But isn't that the case for most backgrounders? Don't Hasbro shoot themselves in the feet with pretty much all these guys? Thats the reason I'm still collecting this line, Hasbro's willingness to make characters they could lose money on, but which I happen to really want. And they normally do a steller job on backgrounders, more so than they do on core characters these days. So it really comes down to what figures you want rather than considerations of if it would do well on the market, which is win-win for us. I don't think Bib fortuna needs another new figure because soft-goods would inevitably the route they'd take and soft goods are hit&miss at best. I very much want a resculpt of boring 'ol Admiral Piett though. He's probably the most important imperial officer in the trilogy so how can they just leave him as is - which I highly doubt they will anyway.

My Vintage line mini-reviews:

VOTC Luke - didn't buy it because of the softgoods and the balljointed head

VOTC Han - heavily overrated, anorexic figure

VOTC Chewie - excellent, despite the hand fur dictating the hand pose at all times

VOTC Leia - giraffe neck and necessary but nevertheless crap looking softgoods. Doll-like face. The arm articulation was good though surprisingly considering it was just swivel elbows

VOTC Vader - didn't do it for me, ball-joint neck makes neck too long, swivel elbows that pop off too easily and horrid, horrid softgoods

VOTC Fett - decent but 300th figure has a more solid (literally&figuratively) headsculpt

VOTC C-3PO - good paintjob, thats it. More recent 3POs could do with this paint though rather than being so shiny and pristine

VOTC R2-D2 - Fine but I don't like chrome dome R2s which is sadly the route they've taken ever since

VOTC Stormie - we all loved it at the time because it was a step-up from previous versions but its probably overrated - the limbs&head noticeably being a different type of plastic to the torso (and yellowing easily), the hands are too solid to hold weapons properly

VOTC ben kenobi - ....awful everything. Tiny pink head, swivel elbows, no knee joints, softgoods were ridiculous - wasn't even good at the time

VTSC endor Han - hate this figure, pea-head, torso disproportionate to the anorexic legs carried over from VOTC - the jacket was good, thats all.

VTSC X-wing Luke - horrible ball-jointed head, angular shoulder joints but I thought it was redeemable with a different head (early bird)

VTSC Greedo - Excellent figure if you use a POTF2 vest. Stupid use of soft-goods where plastic far more effectively looks like the real costume

VTSC Tusken raider - I think this is overrated - the head is squashed into the body, the material of the softgoods looks great but it doesn't hang realistically and the swivel elbows are very limiting, plus they pop off easily.

VTSC Biker scout - I love this figure...but yeah the helmet could stand to be bigger

VTAC Endor Leia - I like the body sculpt and thats it. One of the worst ball-jointed heads we've ever seen, a poor facesculpt with doll-like paint. And the raison d'etre of the figure earns it a fail all by itself - the poncho is completely the wrong colour.

VTAC Bossk - flawless for me

VTAC IG-88 - likewise flawless for me

VTAC Snowtrooper - I like it, tis short though - not rebel trooper short but short nevertheless, and yeah I don't understand the pink tones to the helmet

VTAC Bespin Luke - It has flaws but it manages not to be a complete disaster. The likeness is nowhere to be seen and the joints aren't the best, again with that angular shoulder articulation and sticky-out elbows.

edit: forgot VOTC Lando - I hate this one. The legs are the only good thing about it IMO. Despite the fixed pose I far prefer the POTJ figure. Also VOTC Yoda - this hasn't got much going for it. The softgoods coat lacks a hood, I thought he had one in the OT. The headsculpt doesn't quite capture Yoda and I hate the softgoods skirt with the sily legs underneath.

JediTricks
08-04-2008, 10:57 PM
But isn't that the case for most backgrounders? Don't Hasbro shoot themselves in the feet with pretty much all these guys?Each one is taking a risk, but virtually none of them have had not 1 but 2 prior modern releases the way it's being suggested here. Bib Fortuna was out 2 and a half years ago, he's part of the "modern regenesis" of the line, the current level of sculpting and deco and articulation separating the ROTS line from the Saga line (Saga line's 2nd year they pretty much were on track to where we are now, but it was a big mix). Bib Fortuna pegwarmed in '06, it's not like we haven't seen him since 1985. It'd be like doing a new 4-LOM next year, sure the one we have could be better in many ways, but we JUST got him.

obi-dad
08-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Rancor Keeper is a figure that is legendary for how goofy it is and how badly it pegwarmed. The only way to sell this now is in a battle pack alongside the alien rancor keeper and a new door accessory and a wad of cash in the box.
Well, according to this weeks Q&A, we are getting Malici (sp? ... don't care enough to look it up) in 2009, yet they didn't say in what format. Guess we'll find out if it pegwarms again (if single carded) or if a great sculpt will make this figure sell.

Cane_Adiss
08-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm pretty sure they said Malakili would be part of their 2009 ROTJ basic wave. I wish they would've included him w/ the rancor as that would have freed up another spot in the basic line for a figure I would rather have seen. Such as Cane Adiss :rolleyes:, Loje Nella, Attark or Jess.

Jargo
08-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Piett could be done in a battlepack. same way the imperial in the shield bunker battlepack has been done. new head on recent imperial body.

Nien Nunb needs redoing as well as a decent ROTJ General Calrissian.

Admiral Ackbar, Mon Cal B-wing pilot, Mon Cal officer should be done. as a set.

Yakface or Saelt Marae is ok. could do with knees and a soft goods robe so the dude can sit.

a smaller articulated Ree Yees to accompany yakface would be good.

Rancor Keeper I really want a new malakili to go with the new rancor. shove malakili in a set with the other two keepers Velken Tezeri (human) and Giran (green nikto) and i'd buy it.

Weequay- I'll take the two weequay from the skiff battle please. all new sculpts and fully articulated.

Gamorrean, A new one would be cool. good articulation and new accessories. like the gun and holster and vibro-pike. though it should also still come with the vibro-axe.

Oola. I'd buy a new better articulated one like a shot.

Sy Snootles needs updating with ariculation.

wooof. just needs doing period

urrutiap
08-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Has anyone read the full Hasbro Q and A report at rebelscum? A new Malakill figure will be made in 2009 for another Return of the Jedi figure line. About damn time but 2009 I dont want to wait that long

bigbarada
08-07-2008, 10:08 AM
If we get a new Rancor Keeper next year and no new Admiral Ackbar or Gamorrean Guard, then I'm going to be pretty ticked off.:mad:

El Chuxter
08-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Are they going to resculpt Saelt-Marae as well, so when these two terds pegwarm like they did a decade ago, they can say there's no interest and cancel the line?

I honestly saw several WM's mark just those two figures down to a QUARTER before they finally cleared out, more than two years later.

dindae
08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I don't see a reason for any of the POTF2 to not be resculpted that haven't been done already. Since I have cut back on what I'm buying I don't know how many I would buy but some that I would buy are Weequay (I can't believe they are still pawning this figure on us), Gamorean Guard, Nein Numb, Malakili, and Lak Sivrak. That doesn't mean I wouldn't buy others. I didn't think I needed another 2-1B, Bossk, or IG-88 until I saw them.

As far as the vintage line goes. I really like the throw back packaging since that's what I grew up with. I didn't like a lot of the first year's figures. But when I was a carded collector I was really excited at the prospect of getting all of the 96 figures on a vintage card. Now that I'm not I don't really care and now that they are talking about adding the prequels to a vintage card the whole thing has lost it's point.

Qui-Long Gone
08-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Piett could be done in a battlepack. same way the imperial in the shield bunker battlepack has been done. new head on recent imperial body.

Nien Nunb needs redoing as well as a decent ROTJ General Calrissian.

Admiral Ackbar, Mon Cal B-wing pilot, Mon Cal officer should be done. as a set.

Yakface or Saelt Marae is ok. could do with knees and a soft goods robe so the dude can sit.

a smaller articulated Ree Yees to accompany yakface would be good.

Rancor Keeper I really want a new malakili to go with the new rancor. shove malakili in a set with the other two keepers Velken Tezeri (human) and Giran (green nikto) and i'd buy it.

Weequay- I'll take the two weequay from the skiff battle please. all new sculpts and fully articulated.

Gamorrean, A new one would be cool. good articulation and new accessories. like the gun and holster and vibro-pike. though it should also still come with the vibro-axe.

Oola. I'd buy a new better articulated one like a shot.

Sy Snootles needs updating with ariculation.

wooof. just needs doing period

You should be the pitch man at Hasbro....Yes to all of these figures!!! Especially Gamorrean (2 pack please!), Oola, and Ackbar (who should come with his own Ackbar cereal box!)....

AmanaMatt
08-08-2008, 08:32 PM
JT - regarding Vintage figs, I agree almost half were stinkers...

Ben Kenobi, Leia, and worst of all ANH threepio (wow does this one suck).

That said, I love:

ANH HAN - sure, he has a lacking removable vest, but does he reall need one? I mean, its not like he took it off in the movie. The likeness is there, to me, but the hair sculpt is not ANH enough...articulation on this one is INCREDIBLE! Those joints are super small, and can almost not tell they are there.

Chewie: there has been four versions of this one, but while the ANH headsculpt is my fav, this one is kind like ROTJ style. The hair sculpt does limit the hands a bit, but for a SA articulated fig, this is one of the best figs ever done, IMO. No standard Chewie has ever come close to this one, ever.

ANH Luke - cool fig, hair and face are off, agreed. I thought he had great articulation and pretty good soft goods.

Biker Scout - helmet is a tad small, but I don't have issues with the articulation really. He is lightyears ahead of all prior Biker Scouts

Bosskk - a perfect figure

Ig-88 - close to perfection. Aside from the head node missing, its awesome

Snowtrooper - flawless (to me)

Yoda - I love this fig....

I could list them all, but I agree that Endor Han, Bespin Luke and similar have issues.

Given these flaws, the Vintage line impressed me much more than most figs in the standard line.....

Devo
08-09-2008, 06:09 PM
my hit:miss ratio for the Vintage line (black&white - pretend theres no grey, summary of my previous post)

Han - miss (I even prefer commtech)
Chewie - hit
Luke - miss (didn't buy)
Leia - miss (best we have for posing purposes, but thats all)
Ben - miss (outright crap)
Vader - miss (hate soft-goods)
R2 - miss (have to fail it because of that chrome dome)
threepio - miss (good paint cannot make up for sculpt)
Lando - miss (decent legs cannot compensate for overall crappiness)
Yoda - miss
stormtrooper - hit (despite my complaints, I have a lot of these)
Fett - hit (despite the IMO inferior helmet sculpt)

Endor Han - miss (I like the jacket only)
Biker scout - hit (despite too small head)
greedo - hit (if you replace the softgoods vest)
tusken - miss (prefer Saga and POTJ)
X-wing luke - hit (despite crap head)

Endor Leia - miss (almost outright crap)
Bespin Luke - hit (sculpt survives not up-to-scratch joint quality&no likeness)
Hoth Han - hit (the lack of hood-up didn't match the 80s figure but I was happy since we'd never gotten a hoth han with hood down before)
Snowtrooper - hit
IG-88 - hit
Bossk - hit

11 hits:12misses

Of the misses not all of them are crap but I don't think they're definitive and their cons outweigh their pros in my opinion.

Of the hits some of them aren't definitive either but their pros outweigh their cons.

JediTricks
08-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Has anyone read the full Hasbro Q and A report at rebelscum? A new Malakill figure will be made in 2009 for another Return of the Jedi figure line. About damn time but 2009 I dont want to wait that longWow, good thing I don't write one of these here and have been since before any other site out there. :p http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1298

Are they going to resculpt Saelt-Marae as well, so when these two terds pegwarm like they did a decade ago, they can say there's no interest and cancel the line?Yeah, I hated when those 2 killed the line and we never joined this site and started talking on these forums. :p

ANH HAN - sure, he has a lacking removable vest, but does he reall need one? I mean, its not like he took it off in the movie. The likeness is there, to me, but the hair sculpt is not ANH enough...articulation on this one is INCREDIBLE! Those joints are super small, and can almost not tell they are there.He needs a movable vest because it changes position throughout the film and has several different looks. And the joints are small because the FIGURE is small.

ANH Luke - cool fig, hair and face are off, agreed. I thought he had great articulation and pretty good soft goods.Not seeing this at all, both are not executed to modern quality. Compare that Luke to Nelvanna Anakin from last year, it's embarrassing how bad the VOTC fig is.

Given these flaws, the Vintage line impressed me much more than most figs in the standard line.....Compared to when?

El Chuxter
08-10-2008, 11:06 PM
I was exaggerating (obviously), but why resculpt the two all-time biggest pegwarmers (prior to the Neimoidian Warrior)?

JediTricks
08-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Hasbro is crazy? I dunno.

cookiemonster
08-15-2008, 08:32 PM
I would say update everything before ROTS Figures, the whole lot could do with new sculpts, Look at Djas Puhr nice figure apart from he is preposed.

Also how hard is it not to muck up Dannik Jerriko, well Hasbro Managed to muck it up, so theres another one that needs a slight retooling.

As I said anything before ROTS Figures just do again with a few Exceptions.

R1-G4
Captain Antilles
General Dodonna
Tanus Spijek
J'Quille
General Madine
R2-D2 - Sail Barge
Both Imperial Dignitarys
Ephant Mon

These are the ones that dont need an update, the rest update.

Devo
08-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Holy......you must have even stricter standards than me! And I thought I was hard to please. I wouldn't say everything prior to the ROTS line needs updating - at a push I'd say everything prior to and including some POTJ. Even then I still think the Episode I line had some good figures that stand up well today and some latter POTF2 figures like the Jawa and commtech Vader are still great. And there have been some stinkers after the ROTS line - so I don't think its possible to make any blanket statements.

JediTricks
08-17-2008, 01:06 AM
A lot of pre-ROTS product really does stand to be refreshed, I can point to only a handful of items like FX-7 that hold up from '95 to '05. The only exception is some of the later Saga stuff like Dodonna and Dengar and a few more where they had good sculpts and didn't NEED more articulation as well. There just aren't that many great sculpts body AND head together that hold up from that period. Does that mean Malakili needed a new figure? Hell no, that makes no sense at all, that's a figure we really never needed to buy again because it's dubious we needed to buy it once. But EV-9D9? Hell yeah.

cookiemonster
08-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Devo there is a few that can pass for todays standards like FX-7 (they definitely dont need to make that one again), but theres others that look good but could do with todays standard improvements (such as Bo-Shek).

Yeah like you said not every figure needs a major overhaul, but they all need to be brought to todays standards at least (well the ones that dont look right next to your newer figures).

So if that is me being more select then so be it, I dont see why I should pay for re-packs of old figures which they release now, when I can pick up these figures for less on the second market, when they could bring out the same figures with better articulation and sculpts, which would fit in better with the new heights now and have the same articulation as the figures of now.

cookiemonster
08-17-2008, 06:01 PM
I apologise for the Double Post. However these are the figures in my opinion that could do with upgrades.

A NEW HOPE:
ASP-7
AUNT BERU
BO-SHEK
CANTINA BAND MEMBER
DANNIK JERRIKO
DJAS PUHR
ELLORRS MADAK
KABE
KETWOL
LABRIA
LAK SIVRAK
MUFTAK
NABRUN LEIDS
POWER DROID - VINTAGE STYLE
RONTO
SANDCRAWLER DROID - VINTAGE STYLE
SNAGGLETOOTH - VINTAGE STYLE
TAKEEL
UNCLE OWEN
ZUTTON

ADMIRAL MOTTI
DEATH STAR DROID
DEWBACK

JEK PORKINS
PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA - CEREMONIAL DRESS

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:
DENGAR
LANDO CALRISSIAN
LANDO CALRISSIAN - SMUGGLER
WAMPA

CAPTAIN PIETT

C-3PO - REMOVABLE LIMBS
DAK RAILTER - SNOWSPEEDER GUNNER
LUKE SKYWALKER - SNOWSPEEDER PILOT
REBEL COMMANDER - VINTAGE STYLE
TAUNTAUN
WEDGE ANTILLES - SNOWSPEEDER PILOT

RETURN OF THE JEDI:
LOGRAY
WAROK

8D8
AMANAMAN
BARADA
BARQUIN D'AN
B'OMARR MONK
DODA BODONAWEEIDO
DROOPY MCCOOL
GREEATA
JABBA THE HUTT
JOH YOWZA
KLAATU - SKIFF GUARD
LYN ME
MAX REBO
OOLA
POTE SNITKIN
REE-YEES
RYSTALL
SAELT MARAE
SY SNOOTLES
TESSEK
VIZAM

THE EMPEROR

ANAKIN SKYWALKER - VINTAGE STYLE

A-WING PILOT - VINTAGE STYLE
B-WING PILOT - VINTAGE STYLE
ISHI TIB
LANDO CALRISSIAN - GENERAL/PILOT
MON CALAMARI OFFICER
MON MOTHMA
NIEN NUNB
PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA - EWOK CELEBRATION
R2-D2 - POP-UP LIGHTSABER

This is the list of figures I think need updating, I only collect OT with a spattering of PT (however the only PT I collect pertains to the Clone Wars), however like I said I think most of the figures From Saga back need to be updated with a few exceptions, also I havent listed the already rumor listed figures, as I believe they will be updated and released.

Devo
08-17-2008, 07:37 PM
but theres others that look good but could do with todays standard improvements

On this sentence the rest of my post will hang, since for me, if it still looks good it doesn't necessarily need to be redone and ironically enough it is Boshek who I would use as an argument against a 'requirement' to redo every older figure that lacks todays articulation and seperately sculpted pieces.

A NEW HOPE:
ASP-7 Well, Ok, but I don't think the character design lends itself well to a figure anyway
AUNT BERU Agreed
BO-SHEK No, I think the sculpt is fine even without the seperately sculpted straps of today - good likeness that a ball-joint neck would jeopardize, not worth re-doing
CANTINA BAND MEMBER Agreed
DANNIK JERRIKO Fill in the holes in the face is all
DJAS PUHR basic articulation but the sculpt looks good, I wouldn't bother
ELLORRS MADAK I think he's perfectly fine
KABE Doesn't strike me as out-of-date
KETWOL wasn't he a Special edition creature? I have less fondness for them, don't see how this guy could be improved - I'd not be amused if a ketwol update came before a new cantina alien
LABRIA Yeah perhaps, lacks articulation and unlike Djas Puhr, he isn't saved by a 'new' looking detailed sculpt
LAK SIVRAK Yeah definitely
MUFTAK Nah, stands up fine despite limited articulation, don't think he needs VOTC chewbacca treatment
NABRUN LEIDS Not SA but does he need to be? The sculpt probably could be improved but he's not 'Evazan' bad
POWER DROID - VINTAGE STYLE Yes I'd like this done
RONTO Yeah why not, with a bit of real-feel skin
SANDCRAWLER DROID - VINTAGE STYLE Is this RA-7? If so yes I agree
SNAGGLETOOTH - VINTAGE STYLE Do you mean the tall blue one? I don't think accidental inaccuracies from vintage need to be deliberately repeated but thats just me
TAKEEL Yes this ones outdated, not a priority for me though
UNCLE OWEN Most definitely
ZUTTON No I think the POTJ is perfectly fine, looks exactly like what it was, a guy in big head-mask

ADMIRAL MOTTI not as bad as Piett and he already has a good likeness, unfortunately I can't see them sculpting a new body for him - only rehashing. To be honest I'm fine with commtech
DEATH STAR DROID if they do RA-7 then why not
DEWBACK Definitely, and with real-feel skin

JEK PORKINS I know he lacks SA or the seperate straps but I think he's still a good unique rebel pilot sculpt that I'd say hasbro is unlikely to redo
PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA - CEREMONIAL DRESS Most definitely

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:
DENGAR The saga was and is excellent IMO, only lacking the pistol holster but I guess they'll redo him anyway
LANDO CALRISSIAN I agree, VOTC sucked
LANDO CALRISSIAN - SMUGGLER TAC should have been better but this isn't going to happen
WAMPA I don't see whats wrong with the Saga one

CAPTAIN PIETT Yep, definitely - the most important officer in the saga - they can't possibly leave us with POTF2

C-3PO - REMOVABLE LIMBS I suppose, still fond of the POTF2 one though
DAK RAILTER - SNOWSPEEDER GUNNER Give me as many snowspeeder pilots as possible
LUKE SKYWALKER - SNOWSPEEDER PILOT Definitely
REBEL COMMANDER - VINTAGE STYLE Definitely
TAUNTAUN I'm sure a new one could be far better so Yes
WEDGE ANTILLES - SNOWSPEEDER PILOT Yes

RETURN OF THE JEDI:
LOGRAY Agreed, with the way they're doing ewoks now these POTF2s stand out for the wrong reasons
WAROK Yep

8D8 Would you believe I only got this guy recently, he's old looking for sure
AMANAMAN ?? Really?? POTJ is fine
BARADA OK, but new skiff guards first
BARQUIN D'AN Ermmm..alright
B'OMARR MONK Nah, seen too fleetingly to bother
DODA BODONAWEEIDO His heads very small but dunno if its necessary
DROOPY MCCOOL I think POTF2 is fine
GREEATA Don't need strictly speaking but a dancer could do with more articulation
JABBA THE HUTT Oh yes, for sure
JOH YOWZA Nah
KLAATU - SKIFF GUARD OK, but again - new ones first
LYN ME as with other dancers
MAX REBO I don't see any improvement needed
OOLA I agree
POTE SNITKIN Definitely NOT! Excellent sculpt even today
REE-YEES OK, an iconic Jabbas palace alien he might deserve more articulation
RYSTALL as with other dancers
SAELT MARAE Hes outdated for sure, and I suppose if they're redoing malakali theres a good chance they'll redo Yak face
SY SNOOTLES Yeah I'd buy a new Sy, OOT style
TESSEK No. Iconic like Ree yees but POTJ did him fine justice
VIZAM can't think of who this is

THE EMPEROR Yes most certainly, only thing is I can see Hasbro going soft-goods overload and ruining it, leaving me to continue using my POTF2 for another 10 years!

ANAKIN SKYWALKER - VINTAGE STYLE Only a new spirit version of Sebastian Shaw, ideally executed better than the TAC Haydakin spirit

A-WING PILOT - VINTAGE STYLE The current 2008 A-wing pilot on a basic card would be fine
B-WING PILOT - VINTAGE STYLE The new evolutions on basic card, new headsculpt for diversity
ISHI TIB I'd like a jabbas palace version, but I suppose the rebel fleet version has an outdated outfit
LANDO CALRISSIAN - GENERAL/PILOT Yes I'd like a new one, Saga was alright but the headsculpt was off and, though I usually prefer plastic capes, he could do with softgoods of the kind ROTS Count Dooku had
MON CALAMARI OFFICER Yes
MON MOTHMA No, I think the old one was fine, good headsculpt, and Mon mothma does not need SA
NIEN NUNB Yes
PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA - EWOK CELEBRATION Yes
R2-D2 - POP-UP LIGHTSABER Meh

CaptainSolo1138
08-17-2008, 09:55 PM
My POTF2 Ackbar can already raise his arms in order to alert the Rebels of their impending doom via Imperial warships and the Death Stars still active shield. (http://www.toastedpixel.com/comic/guest_admiral_ackbar.png) Ergo, no new Ackbar is needed.

cookiemonster
08-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Ok devo heres the ones I think need to be majorly updated and why.

A NEW HOPE:
ASP-7 Well, Ok, but I don't think the character design lends itself well to a figure anyway - This could work as a Build a Droid, which means for those who wanted a new one they could have one, and for those who didnt he wouldnt be pegwarming.

AUNT BERU Agreed - We are both agree on this one.

BO-SHEK No, I think the sculpt is fine even without the seperately sculpted straps of today - good likeness that a ball-joint neck would jeopardize, not worth re-doing - I have to disagree with you on this, first off if they retooled VOTC Bossks body and upper arms and upper legs and then obviously put resculpted lower arms and legs, this figure would work, and if customisers can dremel a head to fit on figures I am sure Hasbro can, in other words simple kit bash.

CANTINA BAND MEMBER Agreed - We both Agree on this and I do believe theres rumor of this one coming.

DANNIK JERRIKO Fill in the holes in the face is all - I totally agree with you nice overall figure but needs the holes in his face filled.

DJAS PUHR basic articulation but the sculpt looks good, I wouldn't bother - It is a good sculpt but its not a great figure because it suffers from what most of the SAGA figures suffer from preposing, if they had put him in a neutral pose this figure would work, now if they add new articulation to him it would be not just a good sculpt but a great looking figure.

ELLORRS MADAK I think he's perfectly fine - Yeah but if they are going to do a new Baniss Keeg, then I think he deserves the royal treatment as well.

KABE Doesn't strike me as out-of-date - Actually this one is really out of date and nothing proves that more than looking at the TAC Jawa, look how they did him, now look again at kabe, just think what kabe might look like if they did use the same method of updating her.

KETWOL wasn't he a Special edition creature? I have less fondness for them, don't see how this guy could be improved - I'd not be amused if a ketwol update came before a new cantina alien - I disagree, the head is wrong for starts, there is no way for the figure to sit, and no articulation apart from the real basic articulation.

LABRIA Yeah perhaps, lacks articulation and unlike Djas Puhr, he isn't saved by a 'new' looking detailed sculpt - This figure is an abomination, and the one that made me look at all the rest.

LAK SIVRAK Yeah definitely - I am surprised this one wasnt done with Dice, it would have made more sense.

MUFTAK Nah, stands up fine despite limited articulation, don't think he needs VOTC chewbacca treatment - Yeah but just think how better it could be, plus Hasbro could use an update of a Talz have you seen Foul Moudama.

NABRUN LEIDS Not SA but does he need to be? The sculpt probably could be improved but he's not 'Evazan' bad - I agree an easy rectify again, but those arms need to be able to move, and I would love to see knee articualtion on him.

POWER DROID - VINTAGE STYLE Yes I'd like this done - I agree with you.

RONTO Yeah why not, with a bit of real-feel skin - I didnt think of the real skin thing, but sounds cool.

SANDCRAWLER DROID - VINTAGE STYLE Is this RA-7? If so yes I agree - Yup its the Silver RA-7.

SNAGGLETOOTH - VINTAGE STYLE Do you mean the tall blue one? I don't think accidental inaccuracies from vintage need to be deliberately repeated but thats just me - Nope not the Blue one I dont like it, I meant the little red one with furry feet, I just love this figure and would love to see him done as a VOTC Figure.

TAKEEL Yes this ones outdated, not a priority for me though - I agree with you in the fact he needs an update.

UNCLE OWEN Most definitely - Totally agree with you, he was outdated when he first came out.

ZUTTON No I think the POTJ is perfectly fine, looks exactly like what it was, a guy in big head-mask - I disagree he would benefit from knee arm articulation as it is he has partial and then none, just redo him with proper articulation.

ADMIRAL MOTTI not as bad as Piett and he already has a good likeness, unfortunately I can't see them sculpting a new body for him - only rehashing. To be honest I'm fine with commtech - Badly needs updating unless you like you figures with that look to the sky look, but seriously its an easy kit bash once again, they dont need to make a new body for him, just use one of the more upto date bodys with a slight bit of badge altering, or to be honest go wild and make a new we dont have an Imperial Admiral in the new style.

DEATH STAR DROID if they do RA-7 then why not - Yeah this figure needs an update.

DEWBACK Definitely, and with real-feel skin - I like the sounds of real skin.

JEK PORKINS I know he lacks SA or the seperate straps but I think he's still a good unique rebel pilot sculpt that I'd say hasbro is unlikely to redo - Totally disagree on this he needs the same love as the other new pilots coming out.

PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA - CEREMONIAL DRESS Most definitely - I agree, and this time get her the right height.

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:
DENGAR The saga was and is excellent IMO, only lacking the pistol holster but I guess they'll redo him anyway - The only reason why hes here is because of the new rumor about him.

LANDO CALRISSIAN I agree, VOTC sucked - This figure I agree with you on wheres the SA treatment like the others have.

LANDO CALRISSIAN - SMUGGLER TAC should have been better but this isn't going to happen - well if they produce a new Lando how hard would it be to update this one.

WAMPA I don't see whats wrong with the Saga one - Would like SA on this so we could do more action with it, or even just pose it.

CAPTAIN PIETT Yep, definitely - the most important officer in the saga - they can't possibly leave us with POTF2 - I would love this figure to be brought out with an upto date sculpt.

C-3PO - REMOVABLE LIMBS I suppose, still fond of the POTF2 one though - Like I said never liked the POTF2 figures except one and thats Pote Snitkin, I much prefered the Vintage one.

DAK RAILTER - SNOWSPEEDER GUNNER Give me as many snowspeeder pilots as possible - Yeah he is sorely in need of an update more than any snowspeeder gunner or pilot.

LUKE SKYWALKER - SNOWSPEEDER PILOT Definitely - Totally Agree with you.

REBEL COMMANDER - VINTAGE STYLE Definitely - Totally agree with you.

TAUNTAUN I'm sure a new one could be far better so Yes - Would love a new one, with a way for the new Han Solo to be able to sit on it, I am thinking similair to the Vintage style one.

WEDGE ANTILLES - SNOWSPEEDER PILOT Yes - Totally needs an update.

RETURN OF THE JEDI:
LOGRAY Agreed, with the way they're doing ewoks now these POTF2s stand out for the wrong reasons - I think any of the old Ewoks need an update to todays Ewoks Standard.

WAROK Yep - Likewise with this one.

8D8 Would you believe I only got this guy recently, he's old looking for sure - Definitely needs an update.

AMANAMAN ?? Really?? POTJ is fine - Yes he's fine but look at the new Amanin coming out, how easy would it be to retool that one to look like Amanaman.

BARADA OK, but new skiff guards first - I disagree do the more memorable characters first then work on new figures, he's had two figures made of him, and both havent really done him justice.

BARQUIN D'AN Ermmm..alright - I think all the band figures could do with an overhaul, to bring them up to Ak and Umpass standards now that doesnt mean they need to be completely SA but definitely need some sort of articulation.

B'OMARR MONK Nah, seen too fleetingly to bother - Actually I thought I had taken this one down, anyhow theres rumors that theres a new one on its way.

DODA BODONAWEEIDO His heads very small but dunno if its necessary - Most definitely necessary his head would be great for wald, unfortunately this guy is supposed to be an adult, plus the figure needs some form of new basic articulation.

DROOPY MCCOOL I think POTF2 is fine - I think this figure could be improved a lot.

GREEATA Don't need strictly speaking but a dancer could do with more articulation - Most definitely need SA so they can dance, and be posed in dance moves.

JABBA THE HUTT Oh yes, for sure - with some sort of real skin, how sicc would that be.

JOH YOWZA Nah - Yup needs an update could do with articulation.

KLAATU - SKIFF GUARD OK, but again - new ones first - See Barada.

LYN ME as with other dancers - I agree.

MAX REBO I don't see any improvement needed - I do they could redo the Organ for starts, then Max could use some form of basic Articulation so he could actually play the keys in the middle and at the far ends.

OOLA I agree - Totally.

POTE SNITKIN Definitely NOT! Excellent sculpt even today - I think this figure is really great figure for its day, however it could do with a Poncho Style Garment done in Cloth, also he would look even better with SA or even Basic Articulation.

REE-YEES OK, an iconic Jabbas palace alien he might deserve more articulation - I definitely Agree he needs more articulation, even maybes SA.

RYSTALL as with other dancers - See Anwser for others.

SAELT MARAE Hes outdated for sure, and I suppose if they're redoing malakali theres a good chance they'll redo Yak face - I have heard rumor that they are going to do him, now like I said its a rumor so dont put to much stock in that.

SY SNOOTLES Yeah I'd buy a new Sy, OOT style - Sy needs the SA treatment and her Feather Back.

TESSEK No. Iconic like Ree yees but POTJ did him fine justice - I disagree they could give him the same Cloth Garments that the Kenner one had, and Shrink him down a bit, and for good measure give him SA.

VIZAM can't think of who this is - its the POTF2 Nikto, and he needs updating.

THE EMPEROR Yes most certainly, only thing is I can see Hasbro going soft-goods overload and ruining it, leaving me to continue using my POTF2 for another 10 years! - Now I like some soft goods, but with this one I want him made in the similair way to the POTF2/Vintage style, with rubber used for the skirt piece.

ANAKIN SKYWALKER - VINTAGE STYLE Only a new spirit version of Sebastian Shaw, ideally executed better than the TAC Haydakin spirit - Definitely I feel cheated we got that Hayden piece of crap.

A-WING PILOT - VINTAGE STYLE The current 2008 A-wing pilot on a basic card would be fine - Just would love to see these on a Basic Card.

B-WING PILOT - VINTAGE STYLE The new evolutions on basic card, new headsculpt for diversity - Just would love to see these on a Basic Card.

ISHI TIB I'd like a jabbas palace version, but I suppose the rebel fleet version has an outdated outfit - I want all the Ishi Tibs that appeared, so I am not bothered which one they do first, as long as they redo this one.

LANDO CALRISSIAN - GENERAL/PILOT Yes I'd like a new one, Saga was alright but the headsculpt was off and, though I usually prefer plastic capes, he could do with softgoods of the kind ROTS Count Dooku had - I agree with you.

MON CALAMARI OFFICER Yes - I totally agree with you, if we are getting Admiral Ackbar I want a new one of these as well.

MON MOTHMA No, I think the old one was fine, good headsculpt, and Mon mothma does not need SA - Ok she may not need SA however she does need a better sculpt, put the ROTS Mon Mothma next to the POTF2 Mon Mothma you will see how much this figure could be improved.

NIEN NUNB Yes - I am surprised he wasnt done for this year with the release of the Falcon.

PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA - EWOK CELEBRATION Yes - Totally

R2-D2 - POP-UP LIGHTSABER Meh - Now this could work, as long as they use a hilt, instead of the full saber and blade, also it would look nice on a R4-G9 mold.

Devo
08-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Mon Mothma! I can't believe we got that figure back in 1998! That was before I had internet and therefore had no awareness of what figures were coming. And I saw Mon Mothma on the pegs. I thought 'OMG cool!!' Again though I wouldn't consider a Mothma redo an imperative. On the 'Evazan' or 'Owen Lars scale of crappiness' she doesn't particularly register for me. I don't think the headsculpt could be done better, it could even end up worse (headsculpts haven't necessarily always been an improvement as time has worn on especially in this balljointing era). Perhaps the outer robes could be a more detailed plastic - NOT softgoods and the under-robes could be like Agen Kolar's skirt so as to not render leg articulation totally moot.

Fair point about the R2 with pop-up lightsaber. For some reason my mind wouldn't stop regurgitating that abominable last attempt with the fully lit sabre and tree trunk middle leg. I don't know why I didn't think of it just with a lightsaber hilt. I'm sure this one will be done - its a core character after all.

Heres the ones from your list I'd say would be possibly on Hasbros radar:

Aunt Beru (they must know this is needed)
Cantina band member (possibly asked about in a Q&A)
Labria (memorable cantina alien, old figure)
Power droid (if its the moisture farm one its a different 'character' to the ones we have in the modern line)
Ronto (battlepack material though they might just repack the old one)
sandcrawler droid (all older droids seem to be getting updates)
Uncle Owen (much requested, they usually give in to us eventually)
Death star Droid (as with RA-7, just repainted)
Dewback (I'm pretty sure they said they were thinking of doing a new one in a Q&A)
Leia ceremonial (They'll definitely do this)
All your ESB listings (they all seem like obvious choices - the snowspeeder guys will be kitbashes or evolutions bodies with new heads though I imagine)
Any ewok prior to Chief Chirpa (A recent Q&A said they'd be rescaling the old ewoks)
Jabba the Hutt (Likewise a Q&A said this was a certainty at some point)
Oola (I'm sure this old female fig will get a rescale and thus resculpt)
Ree yees (he's memorable enough)
Yak Face (an old pegwarmer but thats not stopping them redoing Malakali)
The Emperor (Guaranteed...just not guaranteed to be good)
Ishi tibb (They'll surely do the jabbas palace one next)
A-wing pilot (A candidate for a future Fans choice legends line?)
B-wing pilot (as above)
Lando in generals gear (a core character, as of yet not totally SAd)
Mon Cal.officer (Ackbar is surely a guarantee, this guy would follow as a repaint)
Nien Nunb (I'd venture to say guaranteed aswell)
Leia Ewok celebration (less obvious version of Leia but she too needs rescaling)
R2 w/pop-up sabre (core character for a new carkoon wave)

Qui-Long Gone
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Not to change the list(s), I would love to see an updated Wickett. His POTF figure is way too out of scale for the recent versions of Ewoks and with the new Leektar/Nippet Ewoks we've seen that Hasbro still excells at small figures. The soon-to-be-released Even and Yaddle are further proofs of this.

I'd like to see some major efforts made to give us descent Lukes and Solos....Hasbro seems to nail secondary figures, droids, troopers, and "aliens," but when it comes to the heroes (here meaning the major SW human characters) things run amuck....

DarkJedi5
08-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Aren't we getting the black and silver RA-7s as part of the BAD line around waves 4 and 5 or so? If that's the case, I think that's as good as we'll see them.

AmanaMatt
08-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Woof has been confirmed from Hasbro -- cannot wait....

Jaff
08-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Piett - I wouldn't mind an Admiral version, but not a remake of a Captain version, it's just not needed.
Nien Nunb - I'm fine with the current version
Ackbar - I think this version is fine, I would say make other briefing figures instead.
That Camel Joe lookalike - Definately. I always thought the colors to the POTF2 version was too rainbow bright, and I don't think he's to scale. His head is very big in the film.
Rancor Keeper - This fig is confirmed to be released in 2009.
a third Bib Fortuna - I am quite pleased with the Saga version.
Weequay - A new version would rock, but the old version can hold it's own.

In the end if they released every one of these figs as VOTC I would buy 2 of each, one to open, and one to keep sealed. I say this so when Hasbro reads this they will still know that there are suckers out there who would fork out cash for this line.

cookiemonster
08-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Qui the reason Wicket isnt on the list is the same as Teebo and Paploo not being on the list, in other words they are being rumored to appear next year and the year after (actually Hasbro confirmed in a Q&A that one of those Ewoks will be appearing next year, they just havent said which one).

My honest hope is that it will be Wicket and they Pack Logray with him.

bigbarada
08-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Woof has been confirmed from Hasbro -- cannot wait....

Confirmed confirmed? Or just rumor list confirmed?

cookiemonster
08-18-2008, 11:53 PM
I think he has been confirmed rumor wise, I dont know if he has been confirmed by Hasbro as a Definite Confirmed, the only ones I know that a definites are an Ewok (which is one of these Wicket, Paploo or Teebo), Malakili and Luke Skywalker - DS II, anybody else got any confirmed for definites yet.

Devo
08-19-2008, 02:50 PM
If you left off figures who are rumoured then your list should have had Dr Evazan and ponda Baba - haven't seen Hasbro give any affirmative on them. Evazan is easily the most outdated looking figure we still have to put up with.

Also I laid out all the jabbas palace aliens last night, as I do when I add new figures to a particular theme (got Yarna, Bane malar and Ak rev) - and yeah on second thoughts a few of them look pretty outdated

-the dancers, the sax players, sy snootles, 9D9 and 8D8, yak face, ROTJ Dengar, the current skiff guards and the gamorrean.

I wish we could get the new ones and the resculpts at the same time.

cookiemonster
08-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah but I didnt say confirmed rumors by Hasbro I said rumors which are on other sites Devo.

Thats what I would love, say 2 or 3 new ones and 1 or 2 re-sculpts, that list would be done in no time. Dont get me wrong I am not saying dont do new ones hell I want new ones, but I want all the others resculpted as well, so they fit with my collection and not look outdated.

DarkJedi5
08-20-2008, 03:09 PM
I would really like to see some of the troopers from the various movies redone with greater detail. It is Star WARS after all and so most of the display and play options involve fighting. Hasbro still needs to make the ultimate versions of; Rebel Fleet troopers, Rebel Snow troopers, Imperial Guards, Battle Droids, an SA Gungun warrior, the Endor troopers could be revisited, and I wouldn't mind an SA TIE pilot to do battle with all these rebel pilots we've gotten lately.