PDA

View Full Version : Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack

Mad Slanted Powers
07-31-2008, 07:04 PM
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29003

For me, this set is one of the highlights of what was shown at Comic-Con. Red Leader, his astromech, and the Rebel Technician all made our top 25 ANH list, and the Rebel Technician made the overall top 50 (Phase 2 method, but not Phase 3). Plus, we get the transport.

It is hard to tell from the picture, but Red Leader figure looks to be a pretty good likeness of what we saw in the restored hanger scene. The Rebel Technician looks like it might be a repaint of the Rebel Honor Guard. I like the color scheme of the R5 unit.

Neuroleptic
07-31-2008, 08:09 PM
This is one of the few action packs that I want for the entire action pack instead of just one or two of the figures. If I see this puppy on the shelf, nothing is going to keep me from buying it.

I mostly collect Rebel pilots, droids, and imperial ground troops. So this meats two out of three of the requirements of my focused collecting. Plus, it comes with a small vehicle.

And I LOVE the R5 unit.

Phantom-like Menace
08-01-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm not completist on pilots, but I have begun to focus on getting more of them, so I'm for Red Leader, but I'm definitely completist on astromechs, so the droid is awesome. I'm especially happy to get droids that go with pilots.

obi-dad
08-01-2008, 11:40 AM
This and the pics of the ANH wave were the most exiting to me. I just may get two of these for the vehicle alone and I'm sure I'll have multiple dioramas I could set up Red5 & his droid.

I just wish the vehicle ladders we saw in the canceled Target accessory packs from around '02 would have come with this pack.

Old Fossil
08-01-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm all over this set. I've wanted that R5 for a long, long time.

Well worth $20!

Sinscia Fat'o
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm just surprised there's no Leia, Luke Han, or Chewie in the set! Which is Awesome!! I'm really excited about the shuttle thingie.

Tycho
08-01-2008, 12:57 PM
I agree! This set is going to SELL.

The Rebel Flight Technician was on my poll (at No. 11 I think) back in 2004-'05. Then he made MSP's poll as well. This figure is long overdue.

Red Leader (Garven Dreis) always comes close, too. I'm digging that they made his astromech as well.

And the darn transport! I think JT figured that seats folded down from it to carry the pilots. I'm not sure about that, or if it's just the smaller version of one of those that Han Solo used to load his "reward" on. I'd take either-or, though I'm not sure Han was actually using a smaller one - or if it wasn't just the same prop. I'm always watching him and Luke interact in that scene and not the cart.

But I really want this set and love the value I see in it!

jedi master sal
08-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah, THIS is the complete package. New sculpts, great repaint (R5), fresh new vehicle. All for $20. That's an excellent deal. Again as stated I'll buy two sets then hope that Hasbro single cards the Rebel Technician so I can get 8 more of him.

Tycho
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Well, I don't think they're new sculpts:

The Yavin Honor Guard is re-used for the Rebel Flight Tech.

Any number of X-wing Pilots are re-used for Garven Dreis.

You just have new heads, that's all.

Then the R5 droid is just a re-paint. It was very easy for Hasbro to put together a very highly demanded set out of existing tooling and surely a remarkable profit for them on this single item piece. - Not that we care. Where do we line up to buy it? :D

Kidhuman
08-01-2008, 09:25 PM
I like both the battle packs pictured there. WIll get them both

obi-dad
08-01-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm just surprised there's no Leia, Luke Han, or Chewie in the set! Which is Awesome!! I'm really excited about the shuttle thingie.

Don't give them any ideas! It looks like they are already planning on taking the 2nd Imperial Officer out of the Endor pack... next thing you know, they'll put POTF2 X-Wing Luke & Han and a small vintage X-Wing in this and call it an Ultimate Battle Pack to sell for $59.99.

DarkArtist
08-02-2008, 08:21 PM
i might get a few of this battlepack perhaps 2 to 3 of it for the transports and the ground crew guy. new droids are always a welcome and the addition of a SA Red Leader is another plus.

on another note does anyone know if the picture of the Endor Bunker is accurate since they show 2 Imperial Officers yet only list the name for one. would love to have more than just one of these black suited Imp's

Mad Slanted Powers
08-02-2008, 08:53 PM
i might get a few of this battlepack perhaps 2 to 3 of it for the transports and the ground crew guy. new droids are always a welcome and the addition of a SA Red Leader is another plus.

on another note does anyone know if the picture of the Endor Bunker is accurate since they show 2 Imperial Officers yet only list the name for one. would love to have more than just one of these black suited Imp's

From JT's Comic-Con wrap-up article (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=48&p2_articleid=1577):

Battle Packs were also mentioned and shown. The slide with the "Assault on The Shield Generator" had an incorrect display, showing 2 Imperial Officers, while the set only comes with 1 - but that officer is Lt. Renz, the one who uttered the now-infamous phrase, "you rebel scum!"

General_Grievous
08-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I'll definitely pick this one up. I'm especially excited about Red Leader. But since I don't collect vehicles of any sort any more, I will probably be trading away the transport, so it will be up for grabs. :thumbsup:

Jargo
08-07-2008, 07:09 AM
vehicle access ladders and bounty crates and flight deck control batons would make the Yavin set kick ***. it's great as it is but a few more accessories would make it a killer set.

obi-dad
08-07-2008, 07:40 AM
This and the pics of the ANH wave were the most exiting to me. I just may get two of these for the vehicle alone and I'm sure I'll have multiple dioramas I could set up Red5 & his droid.

I just wish the vehicle ladders we saw in the canceled Target accessory packs from around '02 would have come with this pack.

I just found the thread about the cancelled set. Seeing the accessories [3 vehicle ladders!!!] again make me really wish this new set (that I am already VERY excited about) could have included just a little bit more.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=16934

Old Fossil
08-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Thank goodness they never mass produced that tech figure. How horrid!

obi-dad
08-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Thank goodness they never mass produced that tech figure. How horrid!

I know!!!! When searching the web for a pic of the set, I found an old Q&A where the site acknowledged there were several request for the accessories, but they were asking when Hasbro would release that figure!!! At least Hasbro had the good sense to wait and update him. But, now that I've seen the accessories again, I'm not quite as thrilled as I was when I first saw this new Battle Pack. Don't get me wrong, I love it still, but keep thinking how much better it could have been.

In fact, I just added a question concerning the old accessories in the Q&A.

sebillba
08-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Were there also photos of the unproduced Gungan and Gamorrean sets? I've heard about these before, but never seen them.

obi-dad
08-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Were there also photos of the unproduced Gungan and Gamorrean sets? I've heard about these before, but never seen them.

I've seen them, but the thread I found that in was in a SSG thread just for this set. I'll search for them, since I'm sure they are out there somewhere.

sebillba
08-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks Obi, that would be great, I'd really like to see them.... even though it'd be so frustrating knowing they never got released.

mtriv73
08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I'll get at least 2 of this set and maybe 3 if it look good in the package. I need the first to replace the figure that came with the red leader x-wing a few years ago and his cardboard droid. I'll need another for my wall-o'-astromechs, and maybe a third to keep boxed. I can't wait for this one. I can't think of a battlepack I've looked forward to more. And the best part is, it doesn't come with any throw away repacks of core figures we have 10 of already. Great job on this one Hasbro.

sebillba
08-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Just found a thread about the other two unproduced sets: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=16411&highlight=gamorrean+accessory+pack with pics on Galactic Hunter (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=515&zoneid=2).

obi-dad
08-07-2008, 02:50 PM
I've seen them, but the thread I found that in was in a SSG thread just for this set. I'll search for them, since I'm sure they are out there somewhere.

I'm still sure pictures are out there somewhere, but where ever that place is??? is eluding me currently. This is all I could find so far:

32017 Yavin Hangar with Rebel Technician
32018 Jabba's Palace with Gamorrean Guard
32019 Gungan Defense with Gungan Warrior

Maybe someone else has them saved to their harddrive or can use the above information in a search engine to find pictures. I found many forums that listed the 2002/2003 lineup, which included the above information, but again, no pictures.

sebillba
08-07-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm still sure pictures are out there somewhere, but where ever that place is??? is eluding me currently. This is all I could find so far:

32017 Yavin Hangar with Rebel Technician
32018 Jabba's Palace with Gamorrean Guard
32019 Gungan Defense with Gungan Warrior

Maybe someone else has them saved to their harddrive or can use the above information in a search engine to find pictures. I found many forums that listed the 2002/2003 lineup, which included the above information, but again, no pictures.

Did you see my previous post? I found a thread with a couple of pics, linked above.

obi-dad
08-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Did you see my previous post? I found a thread with a couple of pics, linked above.

Totally missed it... there's only so much I can get away with at work :D and I had left this thread open while searching in another browser, never refreshing this window. Cool... nice to see the pics again. Yeah, these two definitely seem like the lower end of the accessory spectrum but seeing them still makes me wonder why Hasbro created all the great accessories & molds, but hasn't got the accessories out to us in some way.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-25-2009, 01:59 PM
The slide in the picture I linked to in the first post said this is supposed to be out 2/1. Is this still the case, or has it been delayed. That would be nice if I could find it next Saturday.

Jargo
01-25-2009, 04:42 PM
rebelscum has a link to entertainment earth who say it's in stock with them in april.

JON9000
01-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Here is an example of Hasbro knocking one out of the park. This set is just awesome.

DarkJedi5
01-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Yeah, they did a really nice job on this set, I'll probably get two for the extra sled and tech. If anyone who's passing on the set wants the extra pilot and R2 we might be able to work out a trade or something.

TheDarthVader
01-29-2009, 12:13 PM
I love this set and will be buying one. Yes, hasbro finally got a battle pack right. That is one hell of a job, Hasbro. Keep sets like this one coming!!

obi-dad
01-29-2009, 01:12 PM
maybe 2 for me. Best non-UBP BP ever.

pbarnard
01-30-2009, 08:11 AM
I've always liked Hasbro's battle packs. It's good value for my money, and if I exercise enough patience, a group of figures I want will be mine for less than card by card purchasing. This set stands out. Pilots, Droids, a unique vehicle and a background character that's more upfront despite no speaking lines.

JEDIpartner
01-30-2009, 08:20 AM
I've been waiting for this one to come out! VERY excited about its release.

mark2d2
02-16-2009, 06:54 AM
The pics from Toy Fair make this set look even cooler. There is a compartment on the vehicle in which one can store things. Wish this would get released already... May seems a long, long way off.

Kidhuman
02-16-2009, 07:16 AM
They should have left the X-wing ladders in it

sebillba
02-16-2009, 07:30 AM
Wish this would get released already... May seems a long, long way off.

I've not even seen the Shield Generator BP yet, I can't even get it from my usual online suppliers. Is it easy to find in the States? If so, would anyone be willing to pick it up for me please? I'm assuming it's around $20, so I could offer $30 including shipping (loose is fine, should only cost around $5). Please PM me if you can help. Thanks! :D

DarkJedi5
02-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Why (http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbro-SW/image110.asp) does Red Leader have Darth Vader's lightsaber hilt?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Why (http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbro-SW/image110.asp) does Red Leader have Darth Vader's lightsaber hilt?
It's a re-use of Luke's body so something must have gotten lost in translation. A great deal of the figures shown have problems that I assume will be fixed before production - for instance, there is no soft goods on any of the figures shown here that will end up having them.

DarkJedi5
02-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Sure, sure I get that, that's why it's Darth Vader's hilt (as was first packaged with VTSC Luke and every subsequent rerelease) but why is there even a hole in the torso for it? They haven't bothered to plug it up? I can't tell from the slide show photos if there's a hole or not but it's clear that the lightsaber isn't in the picture. I guess I don't even know how a lightsaber hilt got packed for the trip. I mean, didn't some one at some point say, "Oh, hey, that doesn't belong."? Is the Corran Horn figure going to come with a lightsaber? I guess that wouldn't be inaccurate (unless it's DV's) but what about all the other times they've reused this sculpt? I don't remember the X-Wing pilots from the Evo sets having lightsaber peg holes....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Sure, sure I get that, that's why it's Darth Vader's hilt (as was first packaged with VTSC Luke and every subsequent rerelease) but why is there even a hole in the torso for it? They haven't bothered to plug it up? I can't tell from the slide show photos if there's a hole or not but it's clear that the lightsaber isn't in the picture. I guess I don't even know how a lightsaber hilt got packed for the trip. I mean, didn't some one at some point say, "Oh, hey, that doesn't belong."? Is the Corran Horn figure going to come with a lightsaber? I guess that wouldn't be inaccurate (unless it's DV's) but what about all the other times they've reused this sculpt? I don't remember the X-Wing pilots from the Evo sets having lightsaber peg holes....
They've only used this sculpt twice - once on the original Luke figure, than later on the repaint that came with the blown-up R2-D2 (I guess three times if you count the recent Saga Legends figure). They're going to start using it more (Wedge, Garven Dreis, John D. Branon, Corran Horn) but I doubt they'll include the lightsaber. As I said, a lot of the figures are screwy here. Even if they do include the saber, just take it away and give it to a Vader or something.

DarkJedi5
02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
I suppose you're right, the only male pilots in the evo sets so far have been snowspeeder or B-Wing pilots.

sebillba
04-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Apparantly these sets are starting to show up at Target. Someone over at RS posted some pics. http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3611337&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=5&vc=1

DarthQuack
04-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Dude in there has a sweet collection of Rebel pilots and Droids.

figrin bran
04-19-2009, 06:52 PM
I saw one at my local Target today. I would've bought one except that the battlepacks have been raised to $26 at this location.

Tycho
04-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Dude in there has a sweet collection of Rebel pilots and Droids.

At first I was amazed that Hasbro made that many, but then I noticed a lot of customs. Which is quite OK, too. I have customs as well.

Devo
04-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Anyone know what online stores have this? BBTS seem to have sold out of their preorders and forbidden planet for some reason won't allow me to order at all - keep getting a 'page not found' everytime I try to use my existing account.

obi-dad
04-20-2009, 07:47 AM
I checked at Target.com after the post that they have started showing up, but couldn't find it there.

sebillba
04-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Anyone know what online stores have this? BBTS seem to have sold out of their preorders and forbidden planet for some reason won't allow me to order at all - keep getting a 'page not found' everytime I try to use my existing account.

Which FP did you use - the regular .com or FP International (.co.uk)? I've just tried both, and they seem to work ok, although I didn't complete checkout on either since you never really know when they'll get them in, and they're a pain to cancel orders with.

Devo
04-20-2009, 06:04 PM
I was trying the ".com" one. I used it for the Lars homestead UBP.

Dark Marble
04-21-2009, 12:23 PM
I picked this one up yesterday and the $26 I had to pay for this sure did hurt. It is a great set and the pilots and general vechicles is what started me into collection star wars back in 1997, but this might be my last year for anything outside the basic movie figure line. These prices are just a little to extravagant.

Tycho
04-21-2009, 02:45 PM
I got it today for 21.99, or 23 after tax.

The shelf in the toy isle still said 21 and my friend was there buying the other one. We went to the register together and the employee didn't say anything to us except "OK" and he took the 23.99 ring-up price and lowered it to $21.99. Then, like I said, with tax it was about 23.

The seats do not fold down and at best this thing can carry 2 figures, most likely. I don't plan to open it until I can make some kind of real estate deal in the hundreds of thousands...

DarkArtist
04-22-2009, 11:23 AM
is this set only a Target exclusive or is it available at all stores. haven't seen one yet but want to get possibly 2 for a diorama scene I'm building.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
is this set only a Target exclusive or is it available at all stores. haven't seen one yet but want to get possibly 2 for a diorama scene I'm building.
It should be at other stores as well.

clone157
04-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Target just seems to get their stuff 2 weeks before Wal-mart, and a month before TRU. At least here in Austin.

jamesbondo07
04-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Got one for 21.99 at Target. The set looks really good.

tagmac
04-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Just got mine this morning at Target. They only had one left, but two each of the Clone Troopers set and the Clone Wars Jabba set. Not happy about the price going up a few bucks, though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2009, 03:00 PM
I've been to several Targets in the last few days. As for pricing, I've seen $21.99, $22 and some change, $23.99, and $26 and some change. That's really annoying. It's the same thing with vehicles; at one store, they were for $19.99, so hopefully I'll be able to get the new ones around that price when they come out. Also, I've only seen the Yavin set at the one that was charging over $26 . . . damn. At least I got Jabba for $21.99.

sebillba
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Forbidden Planet have now changed their pre-order date for this set from tomorrow to 31st May. :upset:

jonthejedi
04-27-2009, 04:17 AM
A question for those who have bought & opened...does the hinged top open(looks like it does) on top of transport & is there an extension included for the transport arm the ground crew guy is holding in his hand(it looks longer on the back prototype picture, almost with a black extension arm)???

sebillba
04-27-2009, 06:10 AM
A question for those who have bought & opened...does the hinged top open(looks like it does) on top of transport & is there an extension included for the transport arm the ground crew guy is holding in his hand(it looks longer on the back prototype picture, almost with a black extension arm)???

I haven't got it myself yet, but you can get a good look at it here (http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/TLC/battlepacks/yavin.html). So yes, the top does open, and I've also heard a few complaints that the control lever is shorter than the artwork, so I guess that means there's no extension for it.

mark2d2
04-28-2009, 03:54 AM
Yeah, the only flaw in the set is that the handle is wayyyyyyy too short and does NOT match the photos on the box at all... Otherwise, totally amazing set. Especially the transport, droid, and even the rebel crew technician...

DarkArtist
05-01-2009, 10:33 AM
still have yet to see this set in stores. for those who have it can you fit a few figures on the transport ? Was thinking of putting VOTC versions of Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie and the droids on it and sorta setting up a dio of when they arrive in the Yavin Hanger

DarthQuack
05-01-2009, 10:44 AM
I just wish I had some disposable income to be able to purchase any of these battle packs.

DarkJedi5
05-01-2009, 02:28 PM
still have yet to see this set in stores. for those who have it can you fit a few figures on the transport ? Was thinking of putting VOTC versions of Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie and the droids on it and sorta setting up a dio of when they arrive in the Yavin Hanger

I don't own the set yet but I think that would be a really tight squeeze. This photo (http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/ActionFigures/TLC/battlepacks/yavin/lf65.html)from Yakface shows five figures as passengers but I think getting R2 on there without making it look crowded would be the hard part. And Chewie is a much bigger fig than any of these pilots.

mtriv73
05-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Found one at a Toys R us today. Finally somewhere other than Target. Unfortunately, it was 24.99.

DarkArtist
05-02-2009, 09:19 AM
found one yesterday in Target. pretty nice set haven't had the chance to set anything up yet, hopefully in the coming weeks once I've fully moved in I'll have a weekend to set up some dios and post some pics.

Tycho
05-02-2009, 10:37 AM
They had 2 more of these at Target this morning. Seeing as how I already have one, I left them behind. They're nice sets though. Red Leader's helmet is as detailed as it ought to be.

mark2d2
05-03-2009, 06:17 AM

Owning this, I don't see how they would all fit... But in defense of the toy...if one watches the film closely -- and I myself only just noticed this after getting the Scramble on Yavin set -- it takes not one, but TWO transports to carry Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Artoo, and Threepio. . .

Kidhuman
05-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Saw this the other day and no way can I justify buying this.

Darth Jax
05-03-2009, 08:11 PM
it looks great, but like KH i can't justify buying it for myself. i've dropped plenty of hints (well not so much as hints as flat out said that i want it), but will have to wait until some type of gift giving occasion occurs.

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2009, 08:57 PM
I finally found one last night at Target and bought it. Glad I did, its a very cool set.

DarkJedi5
05-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Been looking everywhere for weeks to no avail. When I finally see it I plan on getting two. Anyone want a spare Red leader and R5?

JON9000
05-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Got one yesterday. Really cool, I just wish Red Leader was a bit taller.

Tycho
05-13-2009, 08:47 PM
At my Target today there were 2 of these sets where the Rebel Flight Tech was replaced with that EU McQuarrie Speederbike Pilot from 1998. They also had 2 more that were un-tampered with. :rolleyes:

Phantom-like Menace
05-14-2009, 02:54 AM
Any astromech is a sure purchase for me, so I grabbed this as soon as I saw it. I'm pretty happy, but I'm finding myself wanting to set up some kind of hangar diorama, and I have zero space to do so.

I second any complaints about the vertically challenged Red Leader.

mtriv73
05-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Got one yesterday. Really cool, I just wish Red Leader was a bit taller.

I had a hard time getting him in the cockpit of his x-wing at his current height. If he hits the brakes too hard he's going to bonk his head pretty good on the cockpit (I guess that's why he wears the helmet.)

El Chuxter
05-14-2009, 09:32 AM
At my Target today there were 2 of these sets where the Rebel Flight Tech was replaced with that EU McQuarrie Speederbike Pilot from 1998. They also had 2 more that were un-tampered with. :rolleyes:

This is really getting problematic. I see at least one switcheroo at almost every store I go to now. I smell a Hasbro question.

Droid
05-14-2009, 10:01 AM
This is really getting problematic. I see at least one switcheroo at almost every store I go to now. I smell a Hasbro question.

I think they answered it before and basically said it was a retailer problem.

I don't really know what Hasbro could do. They tie everything down so much it takes an hour to open everything. Someone takes it homes, does a switch, the person at the return counter pays no attention, and then it gets put back on the shelf. Seems pretty hard to stop unless: a) the stores start paying attention; b) develop a no return policy on toys; or c) they don't put returned items on the shelf for resale. None of those seem like attractive choices.

I would like to know if I took a switched item to customer service and reported it if they could track back who returned it and go after them.

I saw a G.I. Joe DVD pack that had switched figures. I reported it. The manager thanked me and then the next day it was back on the shelf. The store just wanted to sell it to some grandparent or child who didn't know better.

mtriv73
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I asked customer service before if they could track it and while they technically could, they don't want to expand the resources. It technically is theft, but the person who returned it could argue it was that way when they got it and that's why they returned it.

I think it's despicable that anyone would stoop that low over a toy (or anything for that matter) but there are lots of losers out there. The only way to stop them is stop buying things from them on ebay or at flea markets at any premium.

El Chuxter
05-14-2009, 12:22 PM
It's impossible to track because of what you said, mtriv73. I actually bought a Transformer once that had the weapons switched out with irrigation piping. I took it back, and it wound up back on the shelf. I used an ATM card, so they could've possibly tracked it to me, but if I were going to do that, I'd use cash and keep my receipt, which makes it totally untraceable.

What Hasbro could do about the problem is make the sets a bit less tempting to do that with. The "one new figure with four old ones, and not just any old ones, but the same Cantina Han, 500th Vader, ROTS Clonetrooper, and ROTS Emperor we've already bought fifty times," that's what makes people want to do it. Sure, it'll happen anyway, but not on the scale it occurs now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-14-2009, 01:20 PM
It was a problem in my area for a while, and often occurs when clone-related things come out. I can remember specifically that it happened to 501st clones, both waves of the Order 66 packs, some battle packs, and stuff like that. I'm not really sure what you can do . . . report it to the employees or manager, for sure, and after that it's up to them. But I haven't seen anything for almost a year, so that's good. Maybe the guy who was doing it moved to Chux's area. :p

My mom got me the Jedi Temple Assault battle pack for Christmas a few years ago, but someone had switched all the 501st clones with clone pilots and my mom didn't realize that, but we took it back just fine. So, it would be problematic to know whether the customer had switched out the figures or bought the set after someone else already did, and stores have some policies when it comes to accusing people of stealing or tampering or whatever.

So, yeah. Just point it out if you want to, and be sure to check whatever you buy to make sure that it's fine. I don't know what else you can do.

El Chuxter
05-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Found a great switcheroo today: someone bought the new Jawa, switched it with a red holo mini-figure of Dooku, and returned it. Left the WED droid and BAD part. Why the hell would you not want at least the WED? And how blind was the employee who processed it?

On the opposite end, I once encountered a GIJoe comic pack where someone took great pains to make it look like the two wrong figures were supposed to be there, by actually cutting out pictures of them, putting them in place of the character photos on the cardboard insert, and even putting a different comic in!

tagmac
05-18-2009, 01:10 PM
If you think that's bad, the K-Mart in Hazlet, NJ had about 5 SW comic packs the last time I went in which had these obscure, completely unrelated comics stuck in them. It's obvious someone took great pains to open and close the packages so they looked brand new after swapping the comic. What gets me is that the comics themselves are just worthless reprints. Switching the figures them,selves would make more sense, but they were still intact.

Old Fossil
05-18-2009, 08:15 PM
I got this set today. It's nice, though I'm still not sure it's 25 bucks-nice.

Snowtrooper
05-18-2009, 10:52 PM
My brother picked this up for me at Target. Its definitely one of the better BPs that Hasbro has released.

R5-K6's paint job is flawless. All of the straight edges are straight with no slop that I can see. I thought that it would be screwed up somehow since it was a more complicated paint job.

Rebel ground crew is excellent. I hope they release him on single card some day since this is one I'd like to army build. The vehicle that comes witht him seems pretty nice as well.

Garven Dreis is probably the weak part of this set. The headsculpt and helmet are done just fine, but they should have used a taller body rather than X-Wing Luke's.

For $22, I think its a pretty good deal. You get an excellently painted droid, completely new rebel, new vehicle, and a decent kitbash. A

figrin bran
05-18-2009, 10:58 PM
$22??? I wish I could find it for that price around Los Angeles. I saw it at TRU on Sat. for 24.99 and as that will be the lowest price that I'll find around here, I ended up buying it.

JEDIpartner
05-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Looks a bit like Ryan Stiles. No lie.

DarkJedi5
05-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Looks a bit like Ryan Stiles. No lie.

I was looking at mine yesterday thinking the exact same thing!

JEDIpartner
05-22-2009, 03:18 PM
I was looking at mine yesterday thinking the exact same thing!

I'm glad it wasn't just me!!!!! :thumbsup:

sebillba
05-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm glad it wasn't just me!!!!! :thumbsup:

No, not just you... it was mentioned a while back on RS, and now I can't look at this figure without thinking it's Ryan Stiles! (Well, looking at pictures anyway, seeing as I haven't actually got one yet!)

JEDIpartner
05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
"I seem to have discovered it..." The thread over at 'Scum, that is!! LOL

sebillba
05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Oh that was you, lol I'd forgotton who posted it, or probably just didn't notice - I'm more of an occasional lurker over there tbh.

SplFrcsCWO
05-24-2009, 04:40 AM
Shouldn't the helmet have the mic near the chinstrap?

Mad Slanted Powers
05-24-2009, 01:16 PM
I like both the battle packs pictured there. WIll get them both

Saw this the other day and no way can I justify buying this.
What changed your mind? This seems like a pretty good set if I could actually find it.

Devo
06-10-2009, 08:04 PM
When the hell is BBTS getting this?

bigbarada
06-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I saw one of these sets last week at a Wal-Mart in Granite City, IL. I didn't buy it, but I'll go check to see if it's still there if I can get back down there this week. I might be able to help someone out who is looking for it.

Blue2th
06-11-2009, 12:20 AM
I've seen this BP twice now, and though all BP's have gone up this looks like the best value. Were paying $8 a figure now anyways, that's three figures and a cart.
The kit-bashed Red Leader, though small in stature is SA, with a nicely detailed helmet. The Driver looked to be SA as well, it this right? I don't see any swivel elbows (that really bugs me I hate them) but ball joints. Can't hardly tell, but his knees are ball jointed too right? I can see articulated ankles there.

With a droid and a cart.
Definitely geared toward collectors, and the best bang for the increased price no?
Think I will buy one.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-11-2009, 12:28 AM
I've seen this BP twice now, and though all BP's have gone up this looks like the best value. Were paying $8 a figure now anyways, that's three figures and a cart.
The kit-bashed Red Leader, though small in stature is SA, with a nicely detailed helmet. The Driver looked to be SA as well, it this right? I don't see any swivel elbows (that really bugs me I hate them) but ball joints. Can't hardly tell, but his knees are ball jointed too right? I can see articulated ankles there.

With a droid and a cart.
Definitely geared toward collectors, and the best bang for the increased price no?
Think I will buy one.
Indeed. Pretty good value. I paid $40 for the Battlefront II Clone pack from TRU. That's 5 figures at $8 a figure.

Blue2th
06-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Indeed. Pretty good value. I paid $40 for the Battlefront II Clone pack from TRU. That's 5 figures at $8 a figure. Yeah but hows the quality of each figure? Are you getting a few dud filler figures in there with some good ones or are they all decent and worth the $8 a piece?
(that's based on the assumption that figures are worth $8 a piece to begin with of course)

Mad Slanted Powers
06-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Yeah but hows the quality of each figure? Are you getting a few dud filler figures in there with some good ones or are they all decent and worth the $8 a piece?
(that's based on the assumption that figures are worth $8 a piece to begin with of course)

I don't have this battle pack, so I don't know. Still, three figures and small vehicle for the price they are selling it is better than $40 for 5 repacked/repainted clones.

sebillba
06-11-2009, 01:06 AM
The Driver looked to be SA as well, it this right? I don't see any swivel elbows (that really bugs me I hate them) but ball joints. Can't hardly tell, but his knees are ball jointed too right? I can see articulated ankles there.

Yup, he's SA, with ball joints all the way, right down to his ankles.

Blue2th
06-11-2009, 01:14 AM
I meant the TRU 5 pack you bought MSP.
As with some of the figures in BP's there are usually some duds or filler in there. Would Hasbro possibly put 5 decent figures in one pack? They've come close with a few of the exclusives. They're cutting the number of figures down, it would at least be good to not see the crappy ones thrown in there for the price we're paying.
We have to pay more, I'm going to be a little more picky.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-11-2009, 01:23 AM
I meant the TRU 5 pack you bought MSP.
As with some of the figures in BP's there are usually some duds or filler in there. Would Hasbro possibly put 5 decent figures in one pack? They've come close with a few of the exclusives. They're cutting the number of figures down, it would at least be good to not see the crappy ones thrown in there for the price we're paying.
We have to pay more, I'm going to be a little more picky.

Well, I was referring to the Yavin pack as being a good value compared to the TRU Battlefront Clone Pack, which is just a repack of this set (http://www.rebelscum.com/tacBF2clones.asp). Actually, there are 6 figures in there, so that is a little better value.

obi-dad
06-11-2009, 07:18 AM
I ordered on Amazon.com with free shipping & got 2 for $50. This set is one of the best values in a BP in a long time. I've wanted this cart for what seems like forever and would much rather Hasbro include small vehicles or environmental pieces (like the Hoth piece that orignally came with Reiken???) than for a set of 4 or 5 rehashes. I may get a 3rd!

Devo
06-11-2009, 06:44 PM
....so no one knows when BBTS are getting this then..:tired:

obi-dad
06-12-2009, 07:47 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't know.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-15-2009, 09:01 AM

BBTS takes a bit longer to get stuff in than other online retailers, so i'd give them a few more weeks at the very least.

I found this set at TRU on saturday and i'm a bit torn about it. I just don't know if it's worth 26 bucks. The only real reason I got it as I don't think I have any sort of transport vehicle, but the figures are pretty simple, just a droid, x-wing pilot, and rebel ground crew. They look decent, but I have many droids, rebels, and x-wing folks. I dunno. I just have trouble justifying paying 26 bucks for this set when i'm trying to watch my $$. I do like it though. we'll see.

Ji'dai
06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
I was fortunate to find this pack and the Jabba's Palace one at KM while the BPs were on sale for $20 each. Had that store had another Yavin pack I probably would've bought an extra.

The Rebel Ground Crew fig is SA, which was a big selling point for me. Had Hasbro cheaped out and paired a repainted POTF2 Imperial Scanning Crew figure with the transport, I would've passed. Quickly.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-18-2009, 12:24 AM
I still haven't seen this. Is it going to be out in the new packaging? I'd really like to get one.

pbarnard
08-18-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm with MSP. No sight, no seen, no nothing.

Blue2th
08-18-2009, 09:20 AM
I saw it in a couple of places a few weeks ago. It seemed to be only one per case. I didn't buy it, hesitated, now I can't find it anymore. :cry:

Devo
08-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Still waiting on BBTS.

obi-dad
08-19-2009, 12:12 PM
I ordered my from HTS and got the 10% off and free shipping... They (I bought 2) came in perfect condition and I couldn't be happier with this set!

pbarnard
08-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I ordered my from HTS and got the 10% off and free shipping... They (I bought 2) came in perfect condition and I couldn't be happier with this set!

Can't even find it on HTS now. Found it out of stock at TRU.

clone157
08-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Found one at an out of the way Walmart. Saw 2 more at Fry's Electronics. They cost a few bucks more, but I really enjoy this BP for it's use in my diorama. I may pick up a second one and do a head switch with one of the Snowspeeder pilots from the Evolutions sets.

Blue2th
08-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Anybody know if these will be re-issued in the red label box?
I sure hope so. There's none nowhere. Not even on ebay. Just people selling the figures individually.

Seems there wasn't many of them issued and a limited run. Probably an expensive BP for Hasbro to do, so maybe no? :cry:

Blue2th
08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Check your K-Marts everyone. I finally found one today. It was marked down to regular price $24. :rolleyes:
A little handled because it sat on the K-Mart shelf forever as everything does, but the figures had decent paint, so I nabbed it.
Watch it'll come out in a couple of weeks in the red box. I don't care, must have one now, can't take the chance I won't find one.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Check your K-Marts everyone. I finally found one today. It was marked down to regular price $24. :rolleyes:
A little handled because it sat on the K-Mart shelf forever as everything does, but the figures had decent paint, so I nabbed it.
Watch it'll come out in a couple of weeks in the red box. I don't care, must have one now, can't take the chance I won't find one.

Been a while since I checked there, but I'll be in that area when I go to the dentist tomorrow.

Darth Jax
08-24-2009, 06:52 PM
i see this set pretty much everywhere.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Didn't see it at K-Mart or Wal-Mart on Tuesday, or at Target on Wednesday. Today I drove to Mt. Vernon and didn't see it at Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart or Fred Meyer. Both K-Marts did have their exclusive pack of repacks - Red ARC Trooper, Quad Gun Clone, Scuba Clone and Obi-Wan in armor. If it didn't have Obi-Wan, I might have got it for army builders, but I already have two of each of those clones, so probably would have passed anyway.

Blue2th
08-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Bummer guy!
I haven't seen it since.

I was looking in the Q&A for some hint as to whether it will be re-issued or not, all I could find was this:

DewbackPatrol.com (Ed): With the success of the Scamble on Yavin battle pack (it flew off the shelves) has any more thought gone into producing more quality sets based on the OT?

Hasbro: Yes, but it will not be in the mainline since the Battle Packs are going back to their roots of tooling-light, value-based sets. We will be looking at some of these ideas for exclusive Battle Packs, however, and if they do make the lineup we'll have details on those next year at Toy Fair or Comic Con.

Does this mean they aren't going to re-issue it in the red box because it's not value based?

Old Fossil
08-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Wow. Glad I got this set when I did, then.:sad: