PDA

View Full Version : Collecting the new AOTC Figs

Deoxyribonucleic
02-16-2002, 01:39 PM
Alright, I'm just curious to get an idea of how many people are as gung-ho as collecting AOTC figs as all the past figures the have been released?

I guess my question is, who's gonna collect them seriously and who is completely sick of it all and think these figures look aweful?

master jedi
02-16-2002, 03:14 PM
I'm sick of them already. I don't see how anybody could like these things.

GNT
02-17-2002, 12:59 AM
As I've seen the figures today,I must say I'll be buying a few selected ones :)

Casual George
02-17-2002, 03:48 PM
Over all they look pretty cool. I'll take the whole lot of 'em.:)

Beast
02-17-2002, 06:22 PM
I pretty much like them all. Every line has some hits or misses, I will take the misses and hope for a better version in the future. So yes, I am going to buy them all. Can't wait to get the awesome dynamically sculpted Jedi's set up in the Arena playset. That is going to look so cool in my room. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-17-2002, 06:39 PM
The only figures that are really displeasing is alot of the ones with the gimmicks which will hopefully be dropped.

Beast
02-17-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
The only figures that are really displeasing is alot of the ones with the gimmicks which will hopefully be dropped.
Yeah, but atleast not all of them look bad. The lightsaber on Anakin is pretty bad looking. And the quick draw feature on Padme leaves the shoulder looking wonky. Other then that, the magnets and the action features look pretty well hidden. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-17-2002, 07:44 PM
I was just looking at the Arena again...did anyone else notice that the arena is only filled with figures and the reek that will be released on the 23rd? Well minus the preview Jango and R3-T7, but those are being released before so they can't really be excluded.

On the gimmick figures, Kit Fisto is pretty good and should look ok with the other figures. Padme, Anakin and Deluxe Jango appear to be the truly bad gimmick figures of AOTC. The rest are more or less ok with the gimmicks well hidden.

General Veers
02-18-2002, 01:13 PM
I will be buying most of the new ones, minus peasant disguise anakin.

evenflow
02-18-2002, 01:16 PM
Some look good, and others don't. I will buy them all, thats just the way it is.

JEDIpartner
02-18-2002, 02:00 PM
Nor am I wasting my money on them. There are far too many more worthwhile things to spend my earnings on than badly sculpted junk. There are some good ones and I will definitely be buying those... I'm only going to show Hasbro as much respect for their corporation as they have shown for me as a collector! :mad:

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-18-2002, 02:21 PM
I was gona say I'll only buy the ones that look decently sculpted without the flying ninja styling, but after reading Tycho's posts in the 'in hand' thread I feel that if the paint obs are so bad there will be very little that I buy. It was bad enough that the POTJ figures were made of bendy plastic and had arms that came off if you turned them and all the floppy accessories but if the paint is going to be as bad as the poorly applicated Zutton or the weird teeth of x-wing Luke and all that wave with eyes on their foreheads and stupid mistakes like that, then what's the point wasting money on bad quality merchandise.
There are those who will no doubt chirp up with 'why not quit collecting then?' like a tired old parrot but the point is that us who don't like the stuff want to collect like we always have done. We still like the sculpting on some of them but the production quality is really slumming it. new levels of bad have been achieved by Hasbro this year. Maybe the next waves of stuff for the third quarter will be better, going by this lot it doesn't seem likely that production values will improve at all by then. Yeah so the first waves are rushed to meet deadlines, doesn't mean they have to suffer from a lack of quality. What kind of sales pitch is that to kids? What kind of confidence does it inspire in retailers to restock or purchase further waves? In the end it's the collectors who suffer whatever happens. Bad bad practices yet again from Hasbro.

I noticed that Hasbro have updated their website with a big fanfare of apathy. WOOOOOO! Way to go you revolutionaries!!! What an inspiration they are to us...

Anyway back to my post, If I was going to pick any of the figures up I'd say that Orn Free Taa looks pretty cool, I'm not sure about the droids though if they're made of floppy stuff they may just warp and fall over like OOM-9. So forget them. Forget about the action stance figures too. So that leaves the Geonosians and the ones that will fit in vehicles. Zam, Jango with removable helmet, is he gonna fit Slave-1? maybe him. Typho Pilot Obi if his legs aren't too wide apart. Definately not the clonetroopers that look like they have no joints at all. I do have a soft spot for the Nikto jedi despite his weird pose. He's just so different. And of course Dooku. Now that's a figure and a half that is!