PDA

View Full Version : Ewoks!

Tycho
08-01-2008, 12:51 PM
OK, it's about time we had a thread dedicated to Star Wars' most important characters.

The vintage collection had 8 in the 1980's:

Logray
Chief Chirpa
Wicket
Teebo
Paploo
Lumat
Warok
Romba

Today, the modern collection has

Logray 1998
Wicket 1998
Paploo (in battle pack) 1999
Teebo 2002
Chief Chirpa 2006
Romba 2007
Graak 2007
Leektar & Nippet 2008

We still need updates to Lumat and Warok.

Paploo needs a carded figure and his own sculpt - I mentioned this to Hasbro at Comic Con and they considered it. Paploo was also played by Kenny (R2D2) Baker.

Many think Wicket needs a newer, smaller sculpt for the modern line, and Logray could be SA to match up more with the post-year-2000 Ewok figures.

I don't care about Logray. I think the figure we have is fine for re-release I guess. Wicket I might purchase and then use the Wicket figures I already own as different, random Ewoks.

We also have the Ewok that came with the Glider (Ultra Figure Assortment 2004) and the one that came with the glider in the Complete Galaxy set 1998.

I think there were a couple of repaints in the Ultimate Endor Battle Pack (2007) and we are getting Keolkeech, amongst 2 others, in an upcoming Marvel Comic Pack (though they are probably painted in such a manner as to be unusable with the rest of the modern figures).

So, Yub-Nub. What are YOUR thoughts about Ewok action figures?

bigbarada
08-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Well, any Ewok figure made prior to Chief Chirpa is now way too big to fit in with the current figures. So that would mean that Wicket, Logray, Teebo, Paploo and the glider Ewok all need to be remade in the new scale.

I would like to see Wicket and Paploo get their own unique molds, but I wouldn't mind if Hasbro just reused the current Ewok body for Teebo and Logray.

Ando
08-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Don't forget Oochy from the Target Endor Ultimate Battle Pack.

Sinscia Fat'o
08-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm not big on Ewoks, though the one's from POTF2 need a new updated version. I'd like a Princess Kneesha though. I also actually liked the new two pack that had the baby ewok in it. Cool little figure.