PDA

View Full Version : Stormtrooper Commander???

Bib Un-Fortuna
08-02-2008, 09:46 AM
As someone who is (im)patiently awaiting the release of The Force Unleashed, I have been quick to gobble up anything relating to it. A while back I heard a tale of a Stormtrooper Commander TFU carded figure on a TAC card that may (or may not) be an exclusive. But no one seems to know anything else about it. If you have no idea of what I speak . . .

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/actionfigure/stormtrooper_commander_coming_to_eb_games_116097.a sp

Anybody have any more info on this???

jedi master sal
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
None yet. I keep asking my local gaming sotres and other than the actual game, they have no clue what else might come with it or any other promotions to coincide with it.

I'm hoping it's the deal of reserve your copy and get a free Stormtrooper Commander. I'd like to get the display one again like I did for the Scout trooper with the Battlefront game.

PAA_707
08-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Speaking of Sandtroopers I have a question about them, but not the Commander.

I was at the store and I saw 2 different looking Sandtroopers, but basically the same exact packaging. One of the Sandtroopers is pure white, totally clean. Then the other one actually looks like he is covered in brown sand. There was a couple of both and I inspected the packages and hey were exactly the same.

Anyone know the deal about that? Is it kind of like there are 2 Clone Troopers in the Legacy edition. One is the regular all white and the other one has light blue trim with some huge guns.

bobafrett
08-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Speaking of Sandtroopers I have a question about them, but not the Commander.

I was at the store and I saw 2 different looking Sandtroopers, but basically the same exact packaging. One of the Sandtroopers is pure white, totally clean. Then the other one actually looks like he is covered in brown sand. There was a couple of both and I inspected the packages and hey were exactly the same.

Anyone know the deal about that? Is it kind of like there are 2 Clone Troopers in the Legacy edition. One is the regular all white and the other one has light blue trim with some huge guns.

Yes, I picked up one of each, there is also a Sandtrooper with either a blaster/weapon variant, or just the position of the weapon is different. Hasbro does this to get us completeist to buy two of the same figure I think. Or maybe there are those who just want a clean looking sandtrooper, so he looks like he woke up in the morning with his polished armor, then he gets sent on a mission to a baren dessert wasteland, and dirty's his armor.

Darth Jax
08-04-2008, 10:23 PM
The sandtrooper that was released as part of the 30th anniversary legends collection came with different ranks (shoulder pauldron colors) and in clean or dirty variants. Hasbro will often repaint army builder figures for a bit of variety (or change headsculpts on otherwise generic troopers).

The blue clone with the big quad gun is from the first televised clone wars cartoon series.

PAA_707
08-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Thank god for this website, I'm learning new things everyday. And everyone here is pretty coo. I go on a few other forum sites, run with the same formats, and there's a lot of jerks around.

As many questions as I have asked in the past few days, I woulda had people complainin on other sites like whiny breezys. I just thought I'd point that out, it seems everyone around here is helpful. And actually seems interested in conversing and lacing on some figure knowledge.

pegger
08-12-2008, 08:05 PM
I got my Stormtrooper Commander at EB games today - when I pre-ordered FU. Of course - that's up here in Canada - but I'd assume they are available now in the US.

DarkArtist
08-24-2008, 07:22 PM
I got my Stormtrooper Commander at EB games today - when I pre-ordered FU. Of course - that's up here in Canada - but I'd assume they are available now in the US.

i so want this guy. might have to take a ride to EB Games and see if I can pick one up.

jedi master sal
08-25-2008, 10:40 AM

Did you get the figure already? I know they don't give the figure out first here, at least in my area. You have to pay for the balance on the game first before getting the free swag.

Hmm, I'll have to check out EB games tonight.

pegger
08-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Did you get the figure already? I know they don't give the figure out first here, at least in my area. You have to pay for the balance on the game first before getting the free swag.

Hmm, I'll have to check out EB games tonight.

Yup - I have the figure already - I traded games in - so my balance was paid in full - maybe that's why I got it already - but quite a few Canuck have him already.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2008, 12:37 PM
The Galactic Hunter guy said that they'll be available at Game Stop in the US, but he said they were there in Canada (which was wrong, of course), so who knows.

DarkJedi5
08-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Wasn't there a whole forum section for TFU not too long ago...?

jonthejedi
08-30-2008, 06:14 AM
I've checked with my local EB Games twice...they haven't heard a thing about any figure promotion.

DarkArtist
08-30-2008, 06:37 PM
i stopped by GameStop today to pre-order both Force Unleashed for PSP and Wii and the Lego Batman for PSP and asked what promos they are giving away. the manager pointed to 4 different lego keychains for Lego Batman (Batman, Robin, Joker and Catwoman) and stated that they have some kind of collectible for the Force Unleashed and about 40,000 would be getting released for the midnight sale of the game. after the calculations he performed he stated that it would be about 9 per store and on a first come first served basis.

he stated he would try to put one aside for me as he feels that the people who pre-order the game should get the promos and not just anyone who walks in and picks up the game. hopefully he's telling me the truth and on the 15th i'll get at least one of the Stormtrooper Commanders.

FundingMyAddiction
09-02-2008, 12:27 AM
I can't believe how little information is available on this figure and how much they're currently going for on eBay.

DarkArtist
09-02-2008, 09:17 PM
I can't believe how little information is available on this figure and how much they're currently going for on eBay.

i have a feeling that StarWarsShop.com will carry this figure or maybe even Hasbrotoyshop.com after the game is released.

i really hope i get one though. been wanting this figure since the first photos leaked.

jonthejedi
09-04-2008, 05:01 AM
I went in to a Gamestop near where I work...they hadn't heard about any FU promotion with a free action figure. Has Hasbro confirmed this?

FundingMyAddiction
09-07-2008, 02:10 AM
i have a feeling that StarWarsShop.com will carry this figure or maybe even Hasbrotoyshop.com after the game is released.

i really hope i get one though. been wanting this figure since the first photos leaked.

I really hope you're right about it being carried elsewhere. I like the look of the figure.

I was also interested in the commemorative Force Unleashed 3-packs, though I can't seem to get any information on those either. One had Palpatine and two shadow stormtroopers and the other was Vader with two Incinerator Troopers.

jonthejedi
09-07-2008, 05:48 AM
The commem. 3-packs will be WalMart only exclusives, most probably set up in dumps in the elect. dept. on 9/16 when Force Unleashed is released. At least that's been the pattern with the other sets I've found...they were not in the toy dept.

DarkArtist
09-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I really hope you're right about it being carried elsewhere. I like the look of the figure.

I was also interested in the commemorative Force Unleashed 3-packs, though I can't seem to get any information on those either. One had Palpatine and two shadow stormtroopers and the other was Vader with two Incinerator Troopers.

i also want those troopers. hoping to pick up 2 sets of each to somewhat troopp build them. i think 4 of each trooper should be enough. i actually debating ordering the TAC Stormtrooper army builder from HTS/

Thunderbird
09-08-2008, 08:52 PM

I just found these today. Keep your eyes open. Also they were in the toy department not the electronics department.

DarkArtist
09-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I just found these today. Keep your eyes open. Also they were in the toy department not the electronics department.

nice find. i go to Walmart every morning on the way to work so I'm hoping i can get these sets either this week or early next week. would love to get about 2 of each but will settle for 1 of each.

in truth i really want about 6 of each trooper as that is the amount of troops I build with markings, plain white troops are more usually 10 to 20 of each.

might order the build your armies sets from HTS this weekend (perhaps 2 for customizing)

Thunderbird
09-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Man did these go fast. I stopped in on my way to work this morning and they were all gone exept for 3 of the Vader sets. There were at least 20 of each yesterday. I'm not an army builder so I'm good with the 2 set that I was able to get. I'm sure I'll start seeing these back on the shelf once some moron swaps out the figures.

FundingMyAddiction
09-11-2008, 12:22 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Wal-Mart tomorrow.

What's the price tag?

jedi master sal
09-11-2008, 08:35 AM
I picked up three sets of the Incinerator set and two of the shadow trooper set. As well I checked in with my local Gamestop and they finally confirmed that they will be getting the exclusive figure (with the purchase of TFU). So I preordered with them. Now I have to find my receipt for TRU and cancel that pre-order.

jonthejedi
09-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I walked out with a stormie cmdr. an hour ago. Supposedly, only Gamestops who are holding Midnight Madness are gettin' them.

Thunderbird
09-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Wal-Mart tomorrow.

What's the price tag?

They were $14.84

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Straight from Hasbro's mouth, as seen on RS:

We have gotten word from LucasArts regarding the much-anticipated The Force Unleashed Stormtrooper Commander 3-3/4" figure — and we wanted to make sure you were equally informed to share the info with your readers!

In the U.S., it will be available at GameStop at midnight on Sept 15th (the first day of sale will be Sept. 16th everywhere). It will be available while supplies last, with a priority for those who pre-order the game.

In Canada, the figure will be available at EB Games for their pre-orders.

In the U.K., it will be available at HMV for their pre-orders.

So there you go! Thanks to Hasbro for sending out the info on what is currently the figure everyone has been talking about!
So there you go.

jedi master sal
09-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Problem is not all Gamestops are getting the figures and not all that are having a midnight sale will get the figures or have enough to go around, even for their pre-orders.

I'm going to have to call my local store. I'm a loyal customer there, so I'm hoping that holds some weight to my pre-order. Though the last time I asked they said they didn't have the figures yet and that the mall Gamestop did. So I'm a little worried about it. I just want the one figure... I hope Hasbro considers selling this later as it sounds like there are going to be a lot of disappointed people due to the lack of product for the figure.

jediguy
09-13-2008, 02:17 PM
I just read on Imperial Holocron that GameStop is giving the figure out NOW to those who have paid the amount in full already

since I paid the total for 3 games on 9/02, I went there just now and showed the manager my receipt
he said that he wasn't supposed to give the figures out before the launch
I told him that I read that those who paid the full total could have them right away
he wasn't happy about it, but he looked in a couple of drawers behind the counter
he was surprised to find a drawer full (I saw more than 10 but less than 20)
he got 3 out and scanned one
then he got a real confused look on his face, and said that there were 2 missing
he asked his coworker if he knew where the other 2 figures are
the coworker said that he had taken one
the manager asked him if he had reserved a copy of the game
the guy stuttered, and said yes, and said the other guy reserved a game as well
the manager looked very annoyed, and told his coworker that the figures were for the customers, and if there were any left over, then the staff could have one
the coworker looked kind of scared; I think he lied to his boss

I now have my 3 figures in my possession

this will be a day long remembered!!!

DarkArtist
09-13-2008, 06:31 PM
i just came from gamestop and asked about the figure and offered to pay for the Wii and PSP versions in full and asked about the figure to which he replied sorry they are only for those who get the game at midnight and they are only one per person. i stated that i really wanted the figure and read that they were for those who pre-ordered to which he said he was told by corporate office that he could only give them out on a first come first serve basis and was not sure how many he was getting.

i said then fine give me back my money for the pre-orders and i'll get the games from walmart for less cash at which he remembered who i was and said he would put one aside for me. i just really hope i can get at least one. i'm not paying the insane prices on ebay for this guy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-13-2008, 06:58 PM
The guy at a local GameStop told me yesterday that they would be handing them out to people who bought the game at the midnight release (which I didn't realize was this Monday night), and there was no way to just buy one. Looks like I'll be buying the game, then . . . I had always planned on it but just not so soon.

FundingMyAddiction
09-14-2008, 05:11 AM
I just read on Imperial Holocron that GameStop is giving the figure out NOW to those who have paid the amount in full already

this will be a day long remembered!!!

Same thing happened to me tonight.

I had planned on calling local GameStops tomorrow to see who was doing the Midnight Madness thing and who wasn't. As I was driving around, I passed a GameStop and remembered. I walked up and saw the sign on the door advertising the midnight thing. I went inside and asked him for more information (I could see the stacks upon stacks of the figure in the case behind him). He said that the figures were reserved for those who pre-ordered AND those who paid in full. So I asked him, "So even though I haven't pre-ordered, I can pay in full right now for the game and walk out with a figure?" And he said I could, so I did. Much easier than I thought it was going to be.

Having already done Midnight Madness once this year, I'm relieved that I don't have to do it again. Though I must say, I'd really love another one of these guys so I can open him up. He looks pretty awesome.

I also found the commemorative 3-packs at one of the Wal-Marts (out of five I went to), so I'm set on those too. All in all a good day.

jonthejedi
09-14-2008, 07:14 AM
I only needed to put $5.00 down to get the figure(there was only 1 store in the whole district doing MM), but a different employee was going to make my friend come back Mon. night. I think it depends on who you talk to.

jedi master sal
09-14-2008, 09:19 AM
The figure should NOT be first come first served at a midnight release. It should be who ever PRE-ORDERED first, then if any are left over customers who did not pre-order can get them. It's a reward for guaranteed sales of the video game.

I can say this, if I don't get the figure, I'm NOT buying the game from Gamestop. From what I heard TRU is giving a $20 gift card away as a promotion. If that's the case, then, I'll get it through TRU instead (again, that's IF I don't get the figure).

jediguy
09-14-2008, 11:40 AM
reading all of these different stories about this promotion makes me wonder why there is so much confusion

this time it looks like GameStop dropped the ball on this one, and Hasbro is innocent

I got a recorded phone call last night from GameStop, telling me that they will be open at 10pm for those who want to pre-order the game and get the figure for the midnight launch
it sounds like there will be even more competition that I first thought

I didn't pre-order the Battlefront game when that was new and came with that bikerscout figure, but I got the figure free when one of my friends was working there

I wish everyone good luck on getting the stormtrooper commander, and reading your stories on how your story goes for getting it

El Chuxter
09-14-2008, 03:41 PM
So... different stores are handling it differently, with seemingly no rules from corporate. At some, it's first-come at midnight. At others, anyone who prepays.

This is a total FUBAR CF.

I have to wonder, also, how small the production run of these must be. It sounds like it may almost be on Vlix levels.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Just contact your local store if you want one, I say. I don't think it's going to be too hard to get afterwards, though . . . each store seems to be getting several in, and galactichunter posted a huge list of all the midnight stores.

El Chuxter
09-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Eh, I'm not saying I care. Just that it sounds like a real mess.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Maybe. I don't think people would care as much if GameStop or Hasbro had announced details a long time ago, when the pictures first leaked. Since then, the figure has attained a somewhat "legendary" status where it might not have in the first place.

JediTricks
09-14-2008, 04:44 PM
I don't get it, this thing looks like a blue turd, and so many collectors are clamoring over it. According to Yakface, TRU is giving away $20 giftcards with TFU, that's a damned good deal, I'd rather have $20 than this ugly nothing of a repaint - I sure as hell wouldn't PAY $20 for it.

Mvader91
09-14-2008, 04:46 PM
It is supposedly free from Gamestop with a preorder? Then it is a mass release the day off sale.

El Chuxter
09-14-2008, 05:08 PM
$20 off is only good on the XBox 360 and PS3 versions at TRU, which sucks, as the Wii version costs the same. Circuit City has a $5 giftcard and a free t-shirt with any version.

pbarnard
09-15-2008, 01:13 PM
I thought the wii version was $10 less. I ordered from buy.com, with a Chase card's points, knocked a few bucks off the price, free shipping.

jedi master sal
09-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Well, I called up my local Gamestop. They didn't get the figures in. So I told them they lost the sale and cited TRU's $20 gift card. I even tried the mall store Gamestop. They said they only got TWO of the figure in and that it was first come first served. What a crock. Well, I'll just wait for the inevitable reissue of this character. No way Hasbro will let this be the only issue of it ever.

It would have been nice to have this on the original card, but it's not THAT important.

Mvader91
09-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, I called up my local Gamestop. They didn't get the figures in. So I told them they lost the sale and cited TRU's $20 gift card. I even tried the mall store Gamestop. They said they only got TWO of the figure in and that it was first come first served. What a crock. Well, I'll just wait for the inevitable reissue of this character. No way Hasbro will let this be the only issue of it ever.

It would have been nice to have this on the original card, but it's not THAT important.
At my Gamestop they said the"party" would start at ten. The mgr said not till 11. However they were shipped each store two cases according to him? I am quite sure many went straight to ebay.

Darth Metalmute
09-16-2008, 04:19 PM
I pre-ordered the game over 6 months ago. Couldn't make the midnight madness last night. Never got a figure. The Gamestop I reserved it thorugh had over 50 people with around 10 of them that just came in to buy the figure. I was upset, but I guess I should have taken the day off.

I saw online Wii ads a month ago saying you could get the game for under 40 dollars. No idea what store though. I plan on getting it for the Wii after I beat it on the 360.

jedi master sal
09-17-2008, 09:27 AM
At my Gamestop they said the"party" would start at ten. The mgr said not till 11. However they were shipped each store two cases according to him? I am quite sure many went straight to ebay.

If it's true that each store that got figures, got two cases, then the mall store Gamstop by me lied. I figure as much anyways. Employees grabbing up the figures and flipping them to make a quick buck.

jedi master sal
09-17-2008, 09:32 AM
I pre-ordered the game over 6 months ago. Couldn't make the midnight madness last night. Never got a figure. The Gamestop I reserved it thorugh had over 50 people with around 10 of them that just came in to buy the figure. I was upset, but I guess I should have taken the day off.

I saw online Wii ads a month ago saying you could get the game for under 40 dollars. No idea what store though. I plan on getting it for the Wii after I beat it on the 360.

Why waste a day off for one freakn' figure? People were NOT supposed not be able to buy just the figure. Those stores that did that should seriously be penalized. The whole idea of this was to sell the game. The figure was to be a reward for those who pre-ordered.

Last night I promptly bought mine from TRU and got the $20 gift card instead. Went to Gamestop where I had my pre-order and cancelled. The clerk looked surprised. To that I mentioned the whole fiasco of the figure AND that TRU was giving away $20 gift cards with game purchase. On top of that TRU was selling the game guide book for only $10 instead of $20. No less than 3 people in line put the game back and said they were going to TRU instead. From that I felt somewhat vindicated. Glad I could help others save some scratch as well as turn the screw on Gamestop.

Needless to say the clerk wasn't too happy with having just lost 4 sales. (Mine and the three others.) Plus having to refund my pre-order.

I'll look to Hasbro to rerelease this figure somewhere down the line.

El Chuxter
09-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Okay, I was wrong about the Wii and other versions costing the same.

Costco has the Wii version for $43.99, which is the best deal (unless you want the t-shirt and giftcard from Circuit City).

Me, I'll wait.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-17-2008, 11:16 AM
If it's true that each store that got figures, got two cases, then the mall store Gamstop by me lied. I figure as much anyways. Employees grabbing up the figures and flipping them to make a quick buck.
From what I understand, only the stores that were open at midnight actually got the figure. Some gave them to those who preordered, others gave them to those who bought it at midnight. But I don't think mall stores would have gotten them as they likely didn't open at midnight.

There was an enormous list of GameStop stores that were opening at midnight posted online a few days ago. I had three in my general area to choose from with many, many more nearby. You probably did too.

DarkArtist
09-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Monday i got the call from Gamestop's manager that i could come in and pick up the figures that afternoon since i already paid in full for the Wii and PSP versions. the manager actually remembered who i was and put 2 aside for me. awesome.

after leaving the store with the 2 figures one guy came up to my car and offered to buy the figures for $10 bucks a pop. i said sorry no. he followed me into the walmart next door and continued to ask if he could buy one of the figures constantly raising the price to around $50 for the figure. (which is the going rate for some of these guys on ebay.) i said no the other figure is for a friend of my mine. the guy refused to leave me alone and followed me back to the car again and refused to move from the front of my car (trying to block me from pulling out.) i grabbed my phone and started to dial the number for the police stated that if he did not move i would file harassment charges. i snapped off a picture with my camera at which point he started to run away.

it's sad when one action figure makes people this insane.

i can already picture Hasbro re-releasing this figure in some giftset with another Vader, and the Apprentice and maybe another stormtrooper or something.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-17-2008, 12:48 PM
I kind of hope they do re-release him just to calm some of these people down.

Oh, and as far as the figures go, the Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack is inaccurate since it has stormtroopers but Vader was with 501st-armored clones at that point (including one with a sandtrooper pauldron; would be a cool variant). But I suppose of course you could use them in other scenes. I've yet to see any more variations in the game, but who knows.

jedi master sal
09-17-2008, 04:48 PM
From what I understand, only the stores that were open at midnight actually got the figure. Some gave them to those who preordered, others gave them to those who bought it at midnight. But I don't think mall stores would have gotten them as they likely didn't open at midnight.

There was an enormous list of GameStop stores that were opening at midnight posted online a few days ago. I had three in my general area to choose from with many, many more nearby. You probably did too.

The mall store DID open at midnight. Special circumstances. I got this confirmed from the other Gamestop I shop at. Several of the workers there also work at the mall store.

jedi master sal
09-17-2008, 04:50 PM
... I've yet to see any more variations in the game, but who knows.

There are several. Play the game longer and you will see.

JediTricks
09-18-2008, 05:08 PM
So glad I just waltzed into TRU and got my gift card for $20, then turned around and used it to buy a vehicle I was going to buy there anyway, AND the vehicle was on sale to boot. :p

Dark Marble
09-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I did not pick up the game yet as I don't have a PS3 and would like to play it on that system. But I did go into a Gamestop on Tuesday afternoon and they had a bunch of the Stormtrooper. I asked if I could get one and they said sure...if I bought a game.

The prices on ebay are ridiculous so I was fine passing on the figure. But my birthday is coming up and a friend of mind scored me one and it was out of the blue that he did it. I can't believe some of these have gone up to $40! What a waste...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Okay, so I finished a while ago . . . was this guy even in the game?!? I know the troopers are different from the LucasArts version to the Krome version, but I didn't see the stormtrooper commander or correct incinerator troopers (they looked different in the game). I also couldn't tell if I was fighting EVO troopers or jump troopers but I think only EVO troopers were in the game. There was also an odd blend of stormtroopers with Bacara or something; I didn't even see "normal" stormtroopers until the Death Star.

Neuroleptic
09-19-2008, 11:00 PM
I plan to get this figure . . . but I'll wait until next year, when it's showing up on e-bay for next to nothing with about five or six others for army building. The insanity over these things is crazy. And if the price never goes down, I won't be too upset. All they are is a re-painted TAC stormtrooper, right?

I also don't plan to buy the game. While I have a PS2 and the game was released on it, I have no plans to buy it for this system and will wait until I can buy one of the new systems (most likely the wii). By then, the game will only cost me maybe 10 bucks used, tops.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-19-2008, 11:52 PM
I just checked on eBay . . . the soonest-ending one actually costs more than the PS2 game! That's ridiculous!

DarkArtist
09-20-2008, 03:27 PM
found the Walmart Exclusives sets yesterday and picked up 2 of each for a small army build. really wish that Hasbro packed the Incinerator Trooper with a different gun instead of the blastech E-11. was surprised that Hasbro used VOTC stormtroopers instead of the TAC version.

jedi master sal
09-22-2008, 08:43 AM
...[I] really wish that Hasbro packed the Incinerator Trooper with a different gun instead of the blastech E-11...

I'm using the large rifles from the Saga Legends "foot lockers."

These also work as a filler for the EVO troopers.

I'm holding out hope for the Stormtrooper Commander being single carded again (Hello new Saga Legends release?) or in a future battle pack.

After having played most of the game, I've really warmed up to the variant troopers.

DarkArtist
09-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm using the large rifles from the Saga Legends "foot lockers."

These also work as a filler for the EVO troopers.

I'm holding out hope for the Stormtrooper Commander being single carded again (Hello new Saga Legends release?) or in a future battle pack.

After having played most of the game, I've really warmed up to the variant troopers.

you beat me to it Sal. I have mine packing the same Gun.

nice avatar by the way

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2008, 10:33 PM
So as I asked earlier . . . where is this guy in the game? He wasn't in the PS2 version. Were there a bunch of him or just one?

jedi master sal
09-23-2008, 10:34 AM
you beat me to it Sal. I have mine packing the same Gun.

nice avatar by the way

Thanks. The av is one of the achievements from the game.

DarkArtist
09-23-2008, 12:47 PM
So as I asked earlier . . . where is this guy in the game? He wasn't in the PS2 version. Were there a bunch of him or just one?

i've yet to see hime also, unless he's in the background of a cutscene or something.

also this could just be a way of Hasbro repainting a TAC stormtrooper to make fans go crazy in wanting one. whatever the reason i love the markings on the figure and would love to get the chance to army build the figure.

i think it's cool how the game shows the early days of the Empire and incorporates both the Stormtroopers with colored legion markings, as well as elements from both the prequel trilogy (ie Gunships, ARC-170's as well as TIE Starfighters and Imperial AT-AT's.) LucasArts did a really good job with it.

I have the game for both PSP and Wii, haven't been able to beat the PSP version,stuck on the Death Star board, and just started to play the Wii version, got to the first chapter after the battle with Rahm Kota

jedi master sal
09-24-2008, 09:48 AM
In the 360 version of the game, the Stormtrooper Commander is in nearly every level containing Imperials. He's not that common though. You maybe see one of him per every 25 regular troops.

So for me, I'd only want 1 or 2 of that figure and I'd be fine at that.

DarkArtist
09-24-2008, 12:44 PM
In the 360 version of the game, the Stormtrooper Commander is in nearly every level containing Imperials. He's not that common though. You maybe see one of him per every 25 regular troops.

So for me, I'd only want 1 or 2 of that figure and I'd be fine at that.

cool I'll have to be on the lookout for him in the game.

I still want a chance to army build him though...... i love the markings and that was one of the cool things I liked about ROTS was all the legions and battalions. i really wish some of it carried over into the OT. and before anyone asks no i do not want Lucas to get the idea of remaking another Special Edition of the OT with Stormtrooper legions running around the Death Star or anywhere else.

for me however I think I am seriously going to get about 5 of the HTS build you army TAC Stormies and have some fun making them updated versions of the 501st as well as the Utapau legion, 5th fleet security and others. might even make a couple of designs myself in addtion to the a couple of Stormtrooper commander look alikes (maybe create a legion of troopers with a similiar markings.)

JediTricks
09-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Okay, so I finished a while ago . . . was this guy even in the game?!? I know the troopers are different from the LucasArts version to the Krome version, but I didn't see the stormtrooper commander or correct incinerator troopers (they looked different in the game). I also couldn't tell if I was fighting EVO troopers or jump troopers but I think only EVO troopers were in the game. There was also an odd blend of stormtroopers with Bacara or something; I didn't even see "normal" stormtroopers until the Death Star.Yes, they're in the PS3 version, they are exactly like the figure except they have an brownish energy shield. They often hit you with their standard blaster if you get close.

EVO Troopers are in the game, as are a shadow version. Jump Troopers are in the game, but way different from the figure we got - helmet, jump pack, not sure about the body.

In the PS3 version, all the levels have regular stormtroopers except for the Darth Vader first level which had a mostly stormtrooper with middle visor like the Ep 3 clone armor.

FundingMyAddiction
09-26-2008, 01:49 AM
found the Walmart Exclusives sets yesterday and picked up 2 of each for a small army build. really wish that Hasbro packed the Incinerator Trooper with a different gun instead of the blastech E-11. was surprised that Hasbro used VOTC stormtroopers instead of the TAC version.

I completely agree with this. It even says on the box that they use powerful plasma rifles. In the game, they seem more like flamethrowers. It would have been nice to mold something a little more impressive or even just include a different rifle.

The only reason I noticed the Stormtrooper Commander in the game is because it tells me who I just killed at the top. The only level I really noticed him on was Imperial Kashyyyk. The entire level is almost too dark to notice that dark blue paint variation.

DarkArtist
09-26-2008, 12:15 PM
well i beat the story mode for PSP last night and i have to say not a fan of the ending. i thought you had the choice as to what side you were going to join (similiar to Dark Forces Jedi Knight).

i found a bunch of codes on line for the game that let you play as many of the characters in the game (even Juno Eclipse) - will post later but i believe that if you enter the code GrandMoff in the code section you can unlock every costume/character in the game ranging from Juno Eclipse to Emperor Palpatine.

I'll post the codes later today when I get home.

DarkArtist
09-30-2008, 02:31 PM
over on GalacticHunter.com there's a message that owners of the either the XBOX 360 or PS3 versions of TFU will be able to buy downloadable content for the game including new boards and new skins for the apprentice (Jedi Luke, Kit Fisto etc)

just wish they would make this available to all owners of the game, i have it for Wii and PSP.

pbarnard
10-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Well with codes, you already have all of those skins on the Wii. I just wish they'd fully launch dual mode for Wii online.