PDA

View Full Version : WAL-MART 501st LEGION

PAA_707
08-03-2008, 05:25 AM
Well I just got back from Wal-Mart about an hour ago. I passed out around 6 pm, woke up at 12 am and said why not, let's see what they got. I heard the 24 hour Wal-Mart's put out their stock around that time.

I got there, a couple 1st day stickers, I already had those though(Ewok, Han, Chewy). But to my shock they had some Wal-Mart exclusive 501st LEGION Clone Troopers. Just my luck I only brought $40.

I got 2 501st LEGION and 2 Comander Gree's, no 1st day sticker though. I'm not sure how rare these 501st troop. are going to be, but I was considering buying more. I know the Target special, Commander Fox, is $12.99. A lil pricy, but I like the lil case it comes in.

So what do you all think would it be worth it to buy some more LEGIONs? I am starting to sell a couple doubles I have on EBay. Like Luke, Han, Grievous, R2-D2, Chewy all with 1st day stick. I'm still a new in this field so ya know. I started last Saturday and I already have a lil over 30 figures, hahaha.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm still a new in this field so ya know. I started last Saturday and I already have a lil over 30 figures, hahaha.Your addiction has begun. Join our den of open-em (made in China)! :thumbsup:

As to their worth, I don't know how "rare" they are. For army building, you'd get a Ltn. Clone (I think that's what the blue pattern denotes) for the same price as other clones.

PAA_707
08-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Something else I forgot to add was I originally read these weren't suppose to be released until August 17th. Did they get pushed up or something? All I know is at least they charge regular price. I wanted to by two Commander Fox's. But it's just not worth it for $25, considering I could get an Evolutions or Battle Pack cheaper.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I never even saw them in store until about a few days ago. Unless I missed them (possible), they may have been held back a tad, pushed up on purpose, or somebody goofed (possible, too).

ncbarrett
08-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Something else I forgot to add was I originally read these weren't suppose to be released until August 17th. Did they get pushed up or something? All I know is at least they charge regular price. I wanted to by two Commander Fox's. But it's just not worth it for $25, considering I could get an Evolutions or Battle Pack cheaper.

I have found the expected on shelf date is not accurate. I found Galactic Heroes sets that weren't due til next month. I guess I have to check the stores every couple of days to make sure I get the next wave.

PAA_707
08-04-2008, 04:38 PM
I went back today and at least half the rack was still full of these. I thought they would be gone for sure. I almost bought a few more but there was a lot more I wanted and needed. Since I already have 2.

One thing I want is the Wookie Warrior ROTS comic pack #3. I really like that Wookie figure, holdin 2 battle droid arms.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Well, a few of the scal- vendors at Frank & Son here in SoCal had many of these out (no prices listed) and I saw no interest in them. But that's somewhat typical there, for things like that.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-07-2008, 04:55 PM
any chance you can post the UPC from the figure and/or reciept? This way I can track them via the telexon system! Please and thanks! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-07-2008, 05:01 PM
87915 Clone Trooper TM
PROOF OF PURCHASE
6 53569 34294 6 (the sixes are on the other side of the UP code itself... don't recall if they're really a part of the UPC)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-07-2008, 10:13 PM
I looked for them at two Wal-Marts today but had no luck. I did find a $5 Kashyyyk Trooper there and the Hoth Recon Patrol at a Target, though.

PAA_707
08-07-2008, 10:30 PM
The UPC on my receipt from Wal-Mart reads 065356934294. My local Wal-Mart still doesn't have these in stock, and claim to not even know what I'm talking about. But the one 10 minutes outta town still out them stocked at the end of their end cap.

The thing I like most about the figure is he comes with a bazooka that fits pretty well in his left hand and rests perfect on his left shoulder. The figure is nothing special itself, simply made. But I might buy one or two more because I like how the bazooka fits them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-07-2008, 11:20 PM
87915 Clone Trooper TM
PROOF OF PURCHASE
6 53569 34294 6 (the sixes are on the other side of the UP code itself... don't recall if they're really a part of the UPC)

Many thanks!! Called my store, none in stock, but 40 on order! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Many thanks!! Called my store, none in stock, but 40 on order! :thumbsup:

checked today during my 7-4 shift and saw we had 16 in transit. Came back to the store tonight and whamo, popped open a case and snagged one! thanks for the UPC help! :thumbsup:

Mvader91
08-10-2008, 12:01 AM
I guess they er okay.Beats target's rdidculous 12.99 price tag. Does a clamshell really cost 6.00?

PAA_707
08-10-2008, 03:08 AM
The bazooka I said I like so much from this 501st Legion looks exactly like the one that comes with the regular Clone Wars, Clone Trooper, hahaha. I thought that was pretty funny.

I remember somebody told me the other Clone Trooper with the baby blue trim was from the cartoon. But that figure is actually from the Legacy Collection, so would that be possible?

Back to the 501st Legion though, I went back to that same Wal-Mart and they still had almost a full stock on the end cap. I was suprised. I would have bought a few more if I wasn't buying the Evolutions packs. Watch when I go there to actually buy some more they'll all be gone, haha.

My local Wal-Mart did get the other 501st Legion from the 30th Aniversary edition in stock, about 5. I like the way these are painted better, but they don't come with any type of guns at all. Just one hand pistol. But then I guess that's what all this Clone Gear is for, heh heh.

Luuuuuuke
08-10-2008, 02:10 PM
The two Wal-Marts I got my 6 501st clones from seemed to either sell them out by the next day or two, or they put them back in the storeroom. I had to shamelessly grab mine from unopened boxes. I could have gotten a lot more but I only wanted a few.

PAA_707
08-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Is there somethin special with the ID card or can we get future discounts. Or is it suppose to be just something for us to keep for the hell of it.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-11-2008, 12:19 PM
You put your own photo on it (the package recommends W*M photography department... surprised? :p ) which then makes you a member of the Grand Army of the Republic.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I remember somebody told me the other Clone Trooper with the baby blue trim was from the cartoon. But that figure is actually from the Legacy Collection, so would that be possible?
The #16 Clone Trooper with the quad cannon is from the original Clone Wars cartoon, chapter 21 (the first part of the Volume II DVD).

bigbarada
08-15-2008, 04:26 AM
They have a ton of these figures at my Wal-Mart. I'm only getting one though. I think they are too clean, especially compared to the regular "white" clonetroopers.

Actually, I like the blaster rifle with these guys and wish the regular Clonetroopers had come with those. So, I might buy 3-4 more of the 501st clones, use the figures to fill out my AT-TE and give the rifles to my regular Clones.

And, no, I'm not army building... why do you ask? :cross-eye Just because I'm buying a lot of Clonetroopers and might eventually accumulate an army of them some day doesn't mean that I am actively army building.;)

I blame the AT-TE, if it wasn't so gosh-darned cool, then I wouldn't feel the need to surround it with clones.:upset:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2008, 10:56 AM
And, no, I'm not army building... why do you ask? :cross-eye Just because I'm buying a lot of Clonetroopers and might eventually accumulate an army of them some day doesn't mean that I am actively army building.;) I heard that ten years ago, Sifo-Dyas is looking for an army.

evenflow
08-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Went out looking for this today since it was the supposed to be the release date but no luck in finding them or anyone who spoke english at walmart to help me. Not a good morning.

Val Da Car
08-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Went out looking for this today since it was the supposed to be the release date but no luck in finding them or anyone who spoke english at walmart to help me. Not a good morning.

Stooped at the larger WM of the two near me and noted that they had 3 small shelf containers and they had 9 left.

PAA_707
08-18-2008, 09:58 AM
I heard that ten years ago, Sifo-Dyas is looking for an army.

I'll knock Sifo-Dyas we 2 hits to the jaw, f*ckin coward.

Anyhow just thought I'd interject that I still haven't seen these at any Wal-Mart besides the original place they were. And I went there yesterday and there was only a few left, so I picked up another one. The are pretty much identical to the regular Clones, except they come with a rifle and obviously have the blue paint and are clean white.

Ando
08-18-2008, 01:23 PM
I finally found this figure here in Portland. I found 3. Bought 2 and left the other one for the next lucky kid or collector.

Our WM's suck at the exclusives. I've heard that the people who run the toy depts HATE collectors and actually send stuff back.

But on Saturday, I found an independent retailer (not a scalper/comic store) that specializes in SW toys, and the can get the exclusives, so they're gonna get 99% of my SW toy business.

Kidhuman
08-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Found these yeterday. Had a slew of them. Got me one and the boy one.

Battle Droid
08-18-2008, 02:21 PM
I've not found any of these.

sith_killer_99
08-18-2008, 07:38 PM
I found some of these at Wal-Mart yesterday!

Many of them had bent cards (probably some HATER). Though I did manage to find a couple that were in mint condition. I bought one, it is the first SW figure I have bought in almost 2 years now. I have seen plenty of the other figures, many with "1st Day" stickers.:rolleyes:Pass...at least for now.

Banthaholic
08-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Mine got some in today, I walked out with 1. Score!

bobafrett
08-18-2008, 09:38 PM
I saw fouir on the pegs this morning, but I was working there and I forgot about them by the time I got off of work. Don't know if they'll be there in the morning.

PAA_707
08-19-2008, 12:01 AM
I found some of these at Wal-Mart yesterday!

Many of them had bent cards (probably some HATER). Though I did manage to find a couple that were in mint condition. I bought one, it is the first SW figure I have bought in almost 2 years now. I have seen plenty of the other figures, many with "1st Day" stickers.:rolleyes:Pass...at least for now.

Maybe there was a problem with the shipment of those. Because I was there when the lady first put them out and 60-70% of them all had bent cards as well. I got 3 that are in top notch condition.

bigbarada
08-19-2008, 12:31 AM
These figures are still overflowing at my Wal-Mart. I bought four today, because I've decided to start filling out my AT-TE and I decided they would be perfect for those four seats behind the cockpit (since they are clean, it makes sense that they would be working inside the AT-TE and not outside with all the dirty white Clones).

PAA_707
08-19-2008, 07:42 AM
The AT-TE gives me a bone bone, but it's a $100, and if I spend $100 most likely it will be on Star Wars lego ships. A lot more satisfying to build those. Plus with the figures I have my thing of buying 2 of everything. Then again it would take up a lot of useless space and kind of pointless to buy 2 AT-TE's and leave one in the box.

Plus right now my financials are in shambles. It takes me 3-4 months now to make what I used to in a week 2 years ago. I need to make it happen, cuze this ain't workin.