PDA

View Full Version : Rarest new figs. in your area

PAA_707
08-03-2008, 06:38 AM
For some reason the one I have the hardest time finding is the single Padme. The only place I've seen her so far is Target, and they are always damaged to hell there. Of course I'm picky about my boxes, haha.

Anyhow they always have at least 10 Padme Evolutions and even Fett Legacys. But for some reason I can't find the Sith Legacy anywhere at all. If I knew it would disapear like that I would have bought 2 of them last weekend. Because of course I need to open 1 box.

Also I've been seeing the battle packs like crazy. I considered the Hoth Recon, not bad for $20. But the same exact Han Solo is in the Wal-Mart exclusive DROID FACTORY. The Chewy looks similar and the droids were decent, but nothing special.

sebillba
08-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Also I've been seeing the battle packs like crazy. I considered the Hoth Recon, not bad for $20. But the same exact Han Solo is in the Wal-Mart exclusive DROID FACTORY.

They're not exactly the same - DF Han has a blue coat, Hoth Recon Han has a brown coat.

AmanaMatt
08-03-2008, 10:32 AM
In Texas nothing is rare...we literally have a walmart every six miles apart from each other!

bigbarada
08-03-2008, 10:57 AM
The Evolutions sets are literally non-existent in my area. I don't think the Wal-Marts here even ordered them, because I haven't seen a single one.

That's ultimately a good thing for me personally, since I only wanted Ten Nunb from RP1 and the Keyan Farlander from RP2, so I bought them individually on Ebay and only spend half of what it would cost if I had bought the two sets in the store.

Old Fossil
08-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Nothing here in southern MS is particularly hard to find, though TRU is the only place I've seen the BMF. The AT-TE was at both TRU and Target, but not the WM I went to.

No figures seem to be rare, though I have yet to see Rebel Pilots Evolutions w/the Farlander person.

Blue2th
08-03-2008, 11:40 AM
The Imperial Pilots Evolutions set seems to be the one thats rare around here.

The Hoth Recon is a fast mover and a real nice set. Seems to be harder to find as the days go on.

Plenty of everything else, even Padme single card, though she was hard to find the first couple of days.

jedibear
08-03-2008, 12:03 PM
The second wave of Legacy (CW Scuba, Squid, etc) seemed to move pretty quick...the only place left here to have 'em is the over-priced KB.

Never saw that Imp Pilot Evo pack...plenty of Fett packs in the new box (sidenote on that...weren't those supposed to be the "corrected" version with the Boba having the chest emblem? All of the ones I've seen have the same emblem-free version that the previous sets had)

Our WM sold out of the AT-TE quickly but has a HUGE stack of BMFs (as does TRU)

And PLENTY of the first wave of CW at all three places...

Neuroleptic
08-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Other than re-released figures, the only common figure here is the clone trooper from the cartoon line.

EVERYTHING else has sold out, save a few of the large vehicles.

The pilot evolition sets (both versions of the rebel set and the imperial set) have yet to be seen by me in person. I may have to resort to E-bay to get the ones I want from that as well.

Aside for some of the figures in the rebel pilot sets, the biuld a droids, and C-3po from the animated line and FX-6 (Both of the last two to my knowledge aren't even out yet) I am preaty much done with my shopping for the year.

Most likely, I'll have to turn to E-bay to get them.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2008, 03:05 PM
There's only one figure from the massive release date I would buy that hasn't been on the pegs/shelves (only time I saw it, it was in the hands of a kid... and that's a good thing, if it'll be played with as a TOY :eek: ), and that's SCUBA Clone. For the most part, everything else can be found here.

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Bane Malar is non-existent, that's what I'm still looking for. Also, the AT-TE and new $20 vehicles are somewhat rare. The Legacy Collection Ewoks are somewhat rare, as is the Scuba Trooper. But everything else is ok.

jamesbondo07
08-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Wave 2 and the evolution packs seem to be the rare ones in my area. Although some wave 2 figures have been sitting on the pegs for a few days now. The hardest ones to find in wave 2 for my area are padme and Saesee Tiin. I was lucky to find 1 lone padme. But I have not seen the Saesee in 5 different stores that I have checked. I probably would not have got the evo packs if I wouldn't have went to Target at 8 am on midnight madness day. I got all the sets except for the rebel pilots 1. But I haven't seen any new evo packs since that first day.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-03-2008, 03:25 PM
I found 5 of the 8 wave 2 figures last Sunday, but haven't seen any of that wave since then. I noticed that this slide (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=28995) from the Comic-Con Q&A says that it isn't due on shelves until 8/15, so maybe it will start showing up more in a couple weeks. I wasn't able to find the Scuba Clone, Saesee Tiin, or Ilum Padmé.

The only new Evolutions pack I've seen is Padmé. I've seen the Fett and I think Sith sets as well, but those are re-issues. I've not seen the pilots sets yet. I did find the Hoth Recon and Speeder Bike Recon sets.

I went by Wal-Mart yesterday and there weren't a lot of new TLC figures, just pegs loaded with Clone Wars, Saga Legends and Greatest Hits figures. Target's pegs were thinned out quite a bit.

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Those slide dates are very unreliable, the one for the B-wing says 10-1 and that set's been out for a week.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Those slide dates are very unreliable, the one for the B-wing says 10-1 and that set's been out for a week.I was going to say I haven't seen any B-Wings, but then realized it is a TRU exclusive, and there is no TRU here. I see it on their website though. I don't know if I want to get it.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Bane Malar is non-existent, that's what I'm still looking for. ... are somewhat rare, as is the Scuba Trooper.JT, when I see the somewhat-rare-here-non-existent-there Bane, I'll wish really really hard to send him to you. You do the same for me with somewhat rare Scuba Dude. Deal.

bigbarada
08-03-2008, 04:28 PM
I was going to say I haven't seen any B-Wings, but then realized it is a TRU exclusive, and there is no TRU here. I see it on their website though. I don't know if I want to get it.

I just want the pilot, but I haven't found the figure by himself on Ebay yet. I already have the POTJ B-Wing and don't need a non-movie paint job; but I want all three of the new B-Wing Pilots.

PAA_707
08-03-2008, 05:07 PM
They're not exactly the same - DF Han has a blue coat, Hoth Recon Han has a brown coat.

I could have swore both of the coats were blue. I'll have to check again.

PAA_707
08-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Now that you guys mention it I forgot all about the Scuba Clone. That's probably because I've never seen it in person, haha. Proably one that a lot of little kids like too. Kids seem to like diving figures, don't know why, haha. Maybe it's the flippers.

So there is a Clone version of C3PO? If there is I didn't even know that one existed. KB Toys is always a good option, except very over priced, they're $8.99. Half of em had the 1st day sticker when I went there though.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Now that you guys mention it I forgot all about the Scuba Clone. That's probably because I've never seen it in person, haha. Proably one that a lot of little kids like too. Kids seem to like diving figures, don't know why, haha. Maybe it's the flippers.

So there is a Clone version of C3PO? If there is I didn't even know that one existed. KB Toys is always a good option, except very over priced, they're $8.99. Half of em had the 1st day sticker when I went there though.

There will be a Clone Wars C-3PO, but that wave isn't out yet that I'm aware of. That wave is shown here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=29030).

bigbarada
08-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Kids seem to like diving figures, don't know why, haha. Maybe it's the flippers.

Well, most kids take baths instead of showers, so they like toys that they can take into the bathtub with them. I know I always liked water-themed figures as a kid for that very reason.

DarkArtist
08-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Still looking for Vader and the Ewoks... everything else seems to be sitting around on the shelves in Jersey. The EVO sets are falling off the shelves here at the local Walmart, as well as the vehicles and ships. last count was that the BMF Falcon was around 6 and the AT-TE was at 10 in Walmart.

I really thing that Hasbro should have waited till the holidays before releasing the GH assortment as they seem to be the ones warming the pegs as usual.

there are already sales on new merchandise in Target they had the AT-TE for $89.99 and well as some of the new lego, figures, and titaniums. found Commander Fox on the pegs for $12.99 (a little high for a figure but will look cool if i get the Senate Security figure and the Yoda Battlepack)

bigbarada
08-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Still looking for Vader and the Ewoks... everything else seems to be sitting around on the shelves in Jersey. The EVO sets are falling off the shelves here at the local Walmart, as well as the vehicles and ships. last count was that the BMF Falcon was around 6 and the AT-TE was at 10 in Walmart.

I really thing that Hasbro should have waited till the holidays before releasing the GH assortment as they seem to be the ones warming the pegs as usual.

there are already sales on new merchandise in Target they had the AT-TE for $89.99 and well as some of the new lego, figures, and titaniums. found Commander Fox on the pegs for $12.99 (a little high for a figure but will look cool if i get the Senate Security figure and the Yoda Battlepack)

How long is that sale at Target going on? That might be worth checking out. Although, my nearest Target is about 45 miles away, so I'm thinking that only $10 off isn't enough to offset the gas that I would use up driving down there.

doch18
08-03-2008, 06:34 PM
BigBarada,
If you are talking about the Target in Edwardsville, don't waste your time. I was there yesterday, and there was nothing great. Didn't really even have a ton of fiqures left.

bigbarada
08-03-2008, 06:58 PM
BigBarada,
If you are talking about the Target in Edwardsville, don't waste your time. I was there yesterday, and there was nothing great. Didn't really even have a ton of fiqures left.

I was thinking about that one plus the one in East St. Louis, but I don't like going to that one. It's just... I don't know how to put this..... scary.

I saw a report that listed St. Louis as the most dangerous city in America right now and I know that's because of East St. Louis. So, I try not to go there alone and I definitely don't go there at night.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up on the E-ville Target, I guess I won't bother wasting the gas.:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Well, most kids take baths instead of showers, so they like toys that they can take into the bathtub with them. I know I always liked water-themed figures as a kid for that very reason.My vintage Boba Fett (in Mandalorian scuba gear?) and Walrus Man were frequent ones.

bigbarada
08-03-2008, 07:52 PM
My vintage Boba Fett (in Mandalorian scuba gear?) and Walrus Man were frequent ones.

I had Torpedo from the GI Joe line and I always wanted the S.H.A.R.C. with Deep Six.

tagmac
08-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Around my part of Jersey, the Scuba Clone, Quarren, and Snowbunny Padme have been the rarest. Heck, I almost missed out on the Scuba clone at MM despite being among the first group in because I didn't grab it right away, and had to scrounge one that was hidden at the bottom of a bin.

El Chuxter
08-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Maybe it's because I'm relatively close to BCJ, but I've yet to see the Scuba Trooper at retail, and see Bane Malar pretty often.

Next would be Sassy 10 and the Pom Pom Gun Clonetrooper. I would've passed on the one of each I saw since the paint wasn't perfect, but wasn't sure how well stores would reorder this assortment.

figrin bran
08-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Bane Malar is non-existent, that's what I'm still looking for. Also, the AT-TE and new $20 vehicles are somewhat rare. The Legacy Collection Ewoks are somewhat rare, as is the Scuba Trooper. But everything else is ok.

I live close to JT so I'm going to debunk his report. JT, you're just going to the wrong stores at the wrong times. :p

I could've bought 4 Bane Malars at one store yesterday if I wanted to and if I had known you needed it, I would've either stashed or bought for you. I also saw around 4 Scuba clones but they were all in a scalper's shopping cart.

Until yesterday, I thought Yarna was rare as it took me a good week before I found her. Same goes for Snowbunny Padme.

PAA_707
08-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Yeah I've passed on Bane Malor a bunch of times, because the packaing wasn't up to par. I hope I don't regret it later. I'm also figuring I better pick up a few Quarren soldiers and Mon Calmari warriors before they're gone.

Still no Snowbunny Padme, besides Target with the bent cape, haha. Also I can't find Sith Evolutions anywhere right now. If I find em I buying 2 on the spot.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-04-2008, 02:08 AM
I just noticed that Hasbrotoyshop.com has much of the second wave available, including the three I am missing - Scuba clone, Saesee Tiin and Ilum Padmé. They also have one of the Rebel pilot sets. I'll wait for now and try and get them in the stores.

ncbarrett
08-04-2008, 07:53 AM
I actually had a scuba clone, but decided I didn't want him and took him back. I guess I should have held onto him to trade/sell. Oh well.

PAA_707
08-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Is there going to be a Kit Fiesto coming out on the Legacy Collection. I'm sure the Clone Wars will have one. I bought him in the Walmart Droid Factory set. I was thinking about buying a second one so I can open and get the Kit Fiesto.

Ando
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I have been having a hard time finding the Anakin/Durge comic book pack, the Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol BP, and the Clone Wars Speeder Bike Recon BP (I have only found an purchased this one). I'm in Portland, OR.

Blue2th
08-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Is there going to be a Kit Fiesto coming out on the Legacy Collection. I'm sure the Clone Wars will have one. I bought him in the Walmart Droid Factory set. I was thinking about buying a second one so I can open and get the Kit Fiesto.

Probably not. I don't think he's on any rumour lists either. The Droid Factory Kit is the same as the Clone Wars release a few years ago, plus you can remove his cape and he has his muscles just like in Clone Wars 1 so that's a good one to go with the Scuba Troopers.

jedi master sal
08-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I have seen neither comic packs. (Anakin/Durge or Tol Skorr/Asaaj)

My TRU, Target and KMart are all but sold out of figures. But there is a mass of them at my local WM. It's hard to tell what's rare in my part right now because everything seems to be selling well if not selling out. The larger ships are moving well considering their price, though they can still be easily found on shelves. However there are never more than 2 AT-TEs or 4 Falcons at any given location (again except WM who chose to put their stuff out 2 days late-and I'm SO happy about that!).

The only thing I still have yet to get from my 7/26 list is the Reb2 Evo set. Otherwise I got everything I wanted over that whole weekend.

Ando
08-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Well, I found all the stuff I really wanted last weekend such as the V-19s, the BMF, and the AT-TE along with Obi Wan in clone armor and 5 Scuba Troopers...

I'll be picking up some more V-19's as long as they're available along with 1-2 more AT-TE's (see my post in the AT-TE thread about my experiences with K Mart and Wal Mart on Saturday...), but now I am really just looking forward to the TRU ARC 170 and the WM Republic Gunship.

Anyone know when those 2 items are supposed to be out? I think the ARC 170 is due on the shelf 10.01.2008, but I have seen varying dates on the Wexclusives...) BACK because they say they don't have room...M Gunship. I don't want to miss it and apparently the 2 WM's nearest to me have people in the toy department who hate collectors and have possibly sent things (like the WM exclusives...) BACK because they say they don't have room.

doch18
08-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Just found one of each of the new comic two-packs. That's all Walmart had, and that's the first time I've seen them. Still looking for that pesky Series 1 Rebel Pilots though.

Ji'dai
08-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Clone Wars Yoda and most of Legacy wave 2 are hard to find locally. I did see all the basic figures again Saturday morning so stores are restocking.

The only thing I haven't seen are the Padme, Imp Pilots, and Rebel Pilots II Evolutions sets.

The Hoth battle packs are kinda cool, but I passed on them. Saw the new comic packs tonight too, but I just couldn't get excited about them either.

JediTricks
08-05-2008, 12:33 AM
JT, when I see the somewhat-rare-here-non-existent-there Bane, I'll wish really really hard to send him to you. You do the same for me with somewhat rare Scuba Dude. Deal.Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid you're the third buddy to make that request on the Scuba guy and I just don't think I'm going to run into enough to help everybody out.

Did I forget to mention the Scuba Trooper I opened was in folded up packaging? Not sure what that was about, the other one I bought is a fairly decent carded specimen.

I had Torpedo from the GI Joe line and I always wanted the S.H.A.R.C. with Deep Six.Hell yeah!!! That set is one of my first toy-loves, I still have my original SHARC and 2 different repaints (including the super badass chrome one). Hasbro's re-releasing the SHARC and Deep Six, and the fig seems to have a new head and some elbow articulation:
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=27405
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=27408
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=27403
(They're re-releasing the Water Mocassin too, one I never had as a kid, totally buying that one!!!)