PDA

View Full Version : Plo Koon...Arena Battle?

INDIANA
02-16-2002, 02:45 PM
I thought that Plo Koon was a part of Ki-Adi Mundi's attack force on the Droid Control ship in orbit above Geonosis? I thought I read that he will be gravely injured during a confrontation with Droidekas but will survive. This suggests that he isn't on the surface at all for the Arena Battle.

Can anyone clarify?

"I wish that Han Solo would come with high heels, suspenders and a bra!"

Lord Tenebrous
02-16-2002, 03:30 PM
All the action on Geonosis takes place on the surface and in the atmosphere. So, from a certain point of view, all the Jedi, including Plo and Ki-Adi, are involved in the Geonosis "Arena" battle, whether they are physically in the Arena, or working elsewhere (Starfighters, special forces, etc)

LTBasker
02-16-2002, 05:43 PM
*chirp*chirp* "Shaak-Ti... We're done here, we're ready....to.... beam down."

JediTricks
02-18-2002, 09:31 AM
Since this thread isn't about figures, just about the film, I'm gonna move it to the Ep 2 Spoilers section.

INDIANA
02-18-2002, 01:51 PM
The thread was about the name of an E2 character and if, as the name implies, he is fighting on the surface or on a control ship.

Whatever, it's your forum....

Co Jo-Da
02-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by INDIANA
I thought that Plo Koon was a part of Ki-Adi Mundi's attack force on the Droid Control ship in orbit above Geonosis? I thought I read that he will be gravely injured during a confrontation with Droidekas but will survive. This suggests that he isn't on the surface at all for the Arena Battle.

If the rumors are true, a Droid Control Ship will be stationed just outside the Geonosis Arena and Plo Koon getting injured by a Destroyer Droid in the Raid when he saves another Jedi (possibly his Padawan).

JediTricks
02-19-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by INDIANA
The thread was about the name of an E2 character and if, as the name implies, he is fighting on the surface or on a control ship.That's why I moved it from Ep2 Toys to Ep2 Movie - because it seemed like you were talking about a character and a movie issue sparked by the figure's name, so I thought it'd be more appropriate in the movie section and that move would lead to a more accurate discussion based around the events of the character rather than aspects of the figure.

Malevolus
02-19-2002, 02:12 AM
I just got my Plo Koon AOTC figure, and I'm confused about his lightsaber. It look a lot like the "official" designs for Mace Windu's saber, kind of like Maul's with the pointed ends, and with a blue blade. It looks nothing at all like his yellow blade with the simple handle seen on his Ep1 toy and the Jedi Council comic book. Is this reflecting some plot twist of which I'm unaware?

Co Jo-Da
02-19-2002, 02:22 AM
Is it just me or is the force thing stupid looking?

Malevolus
02-19-2002, 02:27 AM
Yeah, it's a little lame. Interesting idea though, trying to show the force in the toys. And it may look stupid on the toy, but I'm hoping that it'll be a cool attack on the big screen.

Jedi Clint
02-19-2002, 02:41 AM
Malevolus,

What's this I see!!! Another DBZ fan! I don't want to get off topic. If you ever feel like discussing the show, please start a thread in the General discussion forum and I will be quick to join!!!

I thought Plo Koon came with one of those corn stalk tee-pees (sp?) you see around Halloween the first time I saw his force effect accessory :eek: As for his saber color.....I think that Mace Windu will be the only Jedi that has an "off" saber color (purple). The rest will probably have the standard red, blue, and green.

Co Jo-Da
02-19-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Malevolus
Yeah, it's a little lame. Interesting idea though, trying to show the force in the toys. And it may look stupid on the toy, but I'm hoping that it'll be a cool attack on the big screen.

Yeah, the Jedi Raid sounds very cool and could be a great finished scene...

JediTricks
02-20-2002, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Is it just me or is the force thing stupid looking? It ain't "just you", looks like a '60s mod lampshade to me.

PloKoon2385
02-21-2002, 01:41 PM
Where'd you get the fig? I gotta get one! :crazed: Anyways....... Yes, the raid by the Jedi sounds interesting and exciting. And, as Plo Koon is by far my favoritest Jedi............ HE BETTER NOT GET KILLED BY A DROID! Eh hem......... He should atleast get the honor of being destroyed by a Sith or a bounty hunter or a big explosion or something........ I mean, Jar Jar Binks broke the droids, so if that stupid padawan can't......let him die...... :crazed: :crazed: Ok......I am leaving now before I burst an artery......

Malevolus
02-21-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
Where'd you get the fig? I gotta get one!

There are a few on ebay, but I got mine from Amoktime.com