PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Thread for Most Wanted Vehicle Polls

Pages : 1 [2]

DarkJedi5
12-16-2008, 02:07 PM
I suppose I owe an apology too. All I meant to say was that I cannot ever imagine the Tantive IV being done well in a price rang I could afford. I saves all summer for the AT-TE and the BMF and while I didn’t have buyer’s remorse, I was significantly poorer. I’ve seen photos of Tycho’s Blockade Runner and it is fantastic, but with 95% of my Star Wars figures in storage and 99% of the vehicles also packed away, I just don’t see ever being able to display it either. Same goes for the Star Destroyer. As incredible as it would be to see done and done as well as the BMF, I just think people wouldn’t be able to afford it at the price that it would have to be.

But again, it’s a wish list poll, who am I to tell someone that they can’t ask for the moon (that’s no moon, it’s a space station!)? I just see the sailbarge and the AT-AT as much more reasonable (and displayable) choices. That, and I really really want a new Slave I.

obi-dad
12-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Here are the results. Hopefully I didn't fork them up this time.

1. Speeder Bike [redesigned to modern quality, with clear flight stand].....26 points (9 votes)
2. Y-Wing Fighter [larger redesign, working droid slot].....23 points (6 votes)
3. Slave I [larger redesign with repaint in mind for both ESB and AOTC verisons].....22 points (5 votes)
4. Corporate Alliance Tank Droid.....21 points (6 votes)
5. Tantive IV (aka Rebel Blockade Runner).....21 points (6 votes)

Well, I wasn't as happy with the results this time, but since my top 5 made the top 5 in the first round, I guess I shouldn't complain. And... I am very happy with the top 2 in this round. Here's hoping the Sandcrawler has enough votes to crack the top 5 in the next round...

Tycho
12-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I am happy with the 9th and 10th place winners (4th and 5th) in this round:

I'll purchase 2 or more Corporate Alliance Tank Droids for my Kashyyyk scene and maybe another use.

And I'd buy a Hasbro Tantive IV if they made it along the lines of the design I used for my custom, but surely better would do a better job detailing it. Thank you for the compliment DarkJedi5. I built that thing to prove to Hasbro that it could be done as a TOY and because I also feel scared that they will never make it. I wheeled that sucker on a TV cart into Comic Con 1999 and burdened poor SirSteve with helping me with that (I think he wanted to tell everyone that he didn't know me - except when I was getting compliments on the ship of course :D ) Anyway, in the end Steve Sansweet appraised it and estimated it would cost $250 a ship to retail. With the Falcon at $150 now, that might be about right. Maybe they could do the Tantive for $199? It'd still move slow and probably take up a lot of shelf space. But it it was assembled after purchase, you might be able to box it up tighter than the Falcon since it works with straighter lines and the Falcon is curved. I would turn the halves inward, facing each other in the box, and divide the removeable lid pannels (my lid on the ship is one staight 5 foot piece - but that was my choice since I wasn't packaging it).

I'd love to build a star destroyer and plan to one day. Jabba's sailbarge is something I'm still holding out for - but I have a cool plan on how to do it myself (well have a plastics company cut the pieces and heat-glue them together for me). I want these ships made out of solid plastic, not tagboard, cardboard, balsa wood, etc. My blockade runner is white PVC plastic. I'd use gray for a star destroyer and olive for a sailbarge if those colors are available to me.

I have no plans for prequel ships really - but the Invisible Hand would be my first choice, and then a Trade Federation "doughnut" freighter would be my second. I could combine a lot of scenes with my action figures on board either of those - especially the Invisible Hand.

The AT-AT and Slave-One I just have no interest in. I like the toys of these that I have. I wasn't going to buy the BMF, but the Falcon is different. It's a key location in the movies used for many character moments and that's different from the use the other vehicles see in the trilogy.

JediTricks
12-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Round 3 is up!

Devo
12-18-2008, 02:27 PM
1)Imperial Star Destroyer

2)TIE Fighter [redesigned for accuracy and better features, sound effects]

3)Sandcrawler [total redesign, larger]

4)Escape Pod (from Tantive IV) [larger redesign, working top hatch]

5)Rebel Transport

My votes in the latest round. Star destroyer came first, regardless of feasibility because I really really really want a Star destroyer Bridge environment. Next I voted TIE fighter because, having accidentally missed every prior incarnation of the big-winged TIE, I feel I might as well wait till they make the definitive version with the last few inaccuracies of the old ones removed, a new detailed cockpit plus appropriate electronics. Third place for me is the Sandcrawler because I feel the old one is just scaled down to a ridiculous degree - it looks like a van not a giant mobile factory. I guess a bigger sandcrawler will remain like a wet dream but its what I want. My next vote went to an upsized Tantive Escape Pod. I thought the deluxe C-3PO version was awful. I use mine to hold my wages and savings - not in any diorama. This thing could easily be built to scale with the figures, I really wish it would be. Finally I went for the rebel transport - another wet dream but I'd like to have one for my echo base diorama. I left out, well obviously all prequel and EU vehicles as they hold no interest anymore, but also the likes of an updated Snowspeeder - while I would buy one I think the most recent one with Zev was pretty cool.

DarkJedi5
12-18-2008, 03:06 PM
but also the likes of an updated Snowspeeder - while I would buy one I think the most recent one with Zev was pretty cool.

What was different about it? I know it had a different paint scheme, and I was impressed when I found out about the working wing flaps. And the scaled down rear canon was an improvement but it was otherwise the same, right?

JediTricks
12-18-2008, 06:45 PM
No electronics, but yeah, otherwise, that's it. A new version would need to be scaled down a little, given working lower flaps (no toy has ever had working lower flaps for some reason, but they are seen moving in the film), maybe a sliding seat so it wouldn't be such a chore to get figures into the back, a better cockpit interior, stronger connections for the main cannons, and maybe sound effects.

Here are the vehicles on my potential voting list, I'm about to vote so I'm not sure what order what will be in (this is the order from the poll):

Outrider (YT-2400)
Lars Family Landspeeder (V-35 Courier)
TIE Interceptor [redesigned for accurate cockpit & wings]
Escape Pod (from Tantive IV) [larger redesign, working top hatch]
TIE Fighter [redesigned for accuracy and better features, sound effects]
Snowspeeder [redesigned with accuracy and all features]
Republic Attack Shuttle (aka Nu-class Attack Shuttle)
Asajj Ventress’ Fanblade Starfighter
IG Lancer-Droid's Speeder Bike
Republic Lancer Swoop Bike
Chiss Clawcraft
TX-130 Saber-class Tank (aka IFT-X, Republic Fighter Tank)

obi-dad
12-19-2008, 12:58 PM
That snowspeed would be pretty cool. Here are the ones I'm currently deciding between:

Sandcrawler [total redesign, larger]
Rebel Transport
Gungan Sub (Bongo)
Lars Family Landspeeder (V-35 Courier)
Escape Pod (from Tantive IV)
TIE Fighter [redesigned]
TIE Interceptor
Outrider (YT-2400)
Snowspeeder [redesigned]
Ewok Battlewagon

Tycho
12-20-2008, 03:14 AM
I voted for:

1) Droid Gunship
5) Clone Turbo Tank (aka Juggernaut)

As I really want to make a large Kashyyyk battle diorama with the AT-RT, Wookiee Flyer, the AT-AP, the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid we already voted for, a Wookiee Catamaran (eventually), and I bought an extra Hailfire in camo-colors to throw in there just for good measure, plus the Dwarf Spider Droids and an army of Wookiees and Clones versus the Droids.

It was a really cool sequence in ROTS and I really wish we'd gotten to see more of it.

2) Gungan Sub (Bongo)

I plan this collaged scene with Qui-Gon and JarJar in the Bongo being piloted by Obi-Wan, coming up the river into Theed, with the city above them and repeats of the same characters rescuing the Queen and Sio Bibble, handmaidens, guards and all, from Security Battle Droids. Then above the simulated Theed, will be the same characters again, escaping on the Royal Starship with all the astromechs appropriate for the scene out on display, "fixing the ship." Naboo was another very exotic setting for Star Wars and the Bongo as a toy would help me finish an attempt to capture that.

3) IG-2000 [IG-88's ship]

I made Beggars' Canyon for a display with Luke being chased by thugs on Swoop Bikes and Dash Rendar swerving in to help him. I want a Jix figure with his bike to one day add to this scene, not to mention other bikers than that SOTE release, like Big Jizz and Spiker. Watching the action on Tatooine, is a tribe of Tusken Raiders and a place to display my Bantha. Jawas with a Ronto are on the other side of the canyon hoping for some swoop bike parts. Above the whole scene is Slave-One with the carbon frozen Han Solo aboard, for delivery by Boba Fett to Jabba the Hutt. I really want to add IG-88's final attempt to claim Solo from Fett with the IG-2000 swooping in the scene to force down Slave-One.

4) MTT (Multi-Troop Transport)

That scene with Qui-Gon running into JarJar and all the beasts fleeing is very iconic to me. I'd like to recreate that, but putting an MTT in the line-up for my Trade Federation force in the Gungan Battle for Naboo would work as well. I could buy 2 of these. Anyway, while I want other craft like the Lars Family Landspeeder, that for an example, would make less of an impact on my Mos Eisley scene than the MTT would for Naboo - standing out very prominently I'm sure.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-24-2008, 03:03 AM
Results for Phase 2 Round 3. Talk amongst yourselves.

1. Sandcrawler [total redesign, larger].....29 points (8 votes)
2. TIE Defender.....22 points (5 votes)
3. Imperial Star Destroyer.....21 points (8 votes)
4. Droid Gunship.....20 points (7 votes)
5. TX-130 Saber-class Tank (aka IFT-X, Republic Fighter Tank).....20 points (4 votes)
6. Rebel Transport.....18 points (7 votes)
7. Outrider (YT-2400).....15 points (6 votes)
8. Gungan Sub (Bongo).....15 points (5 votes)
9. Snowspeeder [redesigned with accuracy and all features].....15 points (5 votes)
10. TIE Fighter [redesigned for accuracy and better features, sound effects].....15 points (4 votes)
11. Escape Pod (from Tantive IV) [larger redesign, working top hatch].....14 points (5 votes)
12. IG-2000 [IG-88's ship].....14 points (5 votes)
13. MTT (Multi-Troop Transport).....13 points (4 votes)
14. Lars Family Landspeeder (V-35 Courier).....12 points (4 votes)
15. Asajj Ventress’ Fanblade Starfighter.....11 points (4 votes)
16. IG Lancer-Droid's Speeder Bike.....11 points (3 votes)
17. Chiss Clawcraft.....10 points (5 votes)
18. Theta-class Shuttle (Emperor Palpatine's ROTS shuttle).....10 points (3 votes)
19. TIE Interceptor [redesigned for accurate cockpit & wings].....8 points (2 votes)
20. Ewok Battlewagon.....7 points (3 votes)
21. The Twilight.....7 points (3 votes)
22. Republic Lancer Swoop Bike.....7 points (2 votes)
23. E-wing Starfighter.....6 points (2 votes)
24. Imperial Landing Craft.....5 points (3 votes)
25. Clone Turbo Tank (aka Juggernaut).....5 points (2 votes)
26. Rickshaw with RIC-920 Droid.....5 points (1 vote)
27. LAAT/c (AT-TE carrier Gunship).....3 points (1 vote)
28. Republic Attack Shuttle (aka Nu-class Attack Shuttle).....1 points (1 vote)

JediTricks
12-24-2008, 03:51 AM
What a crazy spread on that round. Thanks for the totals.

Here's the list so far now:

1. Jabba the Hutt's Sail Barge
2. AT-AT [scaled to larger, more accurate cockpit]
3. Twin-pod Cloud Car
4. AT-ST [ROTJ, larger redesign, differs from ESB design]
5. Y-wing Starfighter (Clone Wars version)
6. Speeder Bike [redesigned to modern quality, with clear flight stand]
7. Y-Wing Fighter [ANH, larger redesign, working droid slot]
8. Slave I [larger redesign with repaint in mind for both ESB and AOTC verisons]
9. Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
10. Tantive IV (aka Rebel Blockade Runner)
11. Sandcrawler [total redesign, larger]
12. TIE Defender
13. Imperial Star Destroyer
14. Droid Gunship
15. TX-130 Saber-class Tank (aka IFT-X, Republic Fighter Tank)

Man, where did that Droid Gunship one come from?

pegger
12-24-2008, 08:58 AM
The lack of love for the LAAT makes me sad - as does the lack of love for the Ewok Battlewagon.

The top 10 were mostly good choices that round too.

The top 5 for this round - I would buy 3. (Interceptor, gunship and tank) I don't think I (personally) would drop money on the SD - just cause I don't think they could do it justice - or on the Sandcrawler - unless they made the inside something special. A giant box on treads just doesn't do it for me.

JediTricks
12-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Ok, the new poll is up. The poll is now 11-deep in the Fantasy poll's results, 8-deep in the EU results, 7-deep in the Clone Wars results, 11-deep in the OT results, and 8-deep in the PT results.

Since we started with 6 entries from each, that means that Fantasy and OT have each got 5 vehicles into the final list, EU and PT have 2 each, and the Clone Wars has just 1.

I'm looking at the results from the phase 1 polls, and with the PT it's clear that the top results are in order, but the way they're represented on the final poll says that fans don't want much more from the prequel ships, with their final place on the list being #s 9 and 14.

The OT poll is dominating heavily, and the list order keeps changing with various X factors. The Y-wing, AT-ST and Speederbike jumped up this new list, especially the speederbike which leapfrogged over the others. Slave I slipped considerably, but it's the Outrider which is the biggest tragedy, coming in 3rd on the OT poll and still not on our list.

Clone Wars has died a horrible death. Its only entry is one tied to the OT, the Y-wing, and that was the #1 on that list. At least that one placed well.

EU hasn't done great not breaching the top 10, but considering the source, it's done pretty well. Its #1 and 3 are represented, and the #2 (Chiss Clawcraft) also got votes, just not strong enough to place it.

The big winner so far is obviously the Fantasy list, 5 out of its top 6 are on the final list already (the Juggernaut being the only exception), and the Tantive IV leapfrogged over the ISD.

The lack of love for the LAAT makes me sad - as does the lack of love for the Ewok Battlewagon.
Honestly Pegger, I'm not surprised that the LAAT/c isn't making the grade. It's not a fun toy on its own, it has just 1 purpose: an accessory for the AT-TE. That's not much of a vehicle, and all it does is drop it, not very exciting. Now, if this were a Titaniums poll, I would hope to see it higher, that would be a cool toy, but at this scale it just doesn't add enough playability or display potential.

The top 10 were mostly good choices that round too.

The top 5 for this round - I would buy 3. (Interceptor, gunship and tank) I don't think I (personally) would drop money on the SD - just cause I don't think they could do it justice - or on the Sandcrawler - unless they made the inside something special. A giant box on treads just doesn't do it for me.
This last round blew me away that the Chiss Clawcraft got so many votes, even though they were low-rated ones. But of the winners, I'd only buy 2, the TX-130 and maybe the Droid Gunship. I'm sick of the TIE Defender design, the Action Fleet was cool, but it's big and awkward and kinda silly-looking to me, wouldn't be a fun toy. Could easily be cobbled together with existing parts though, just take a TIE cockpit, add a hub on the back, the support arms from a TIE Fighter, and invert the wings from a TIE Interceptor and put them on the arms.

JediTricks
12-24-2008, 04:08 PM
BB already voted, lightning quick this time, so I figured I'd vote too. My list is kinda funny:

Outrider (YT-2400)
Virago [Prince Xizor's starfighter]
Snowspeeder [redesigned with accuracy and all features]
Republic Attack Shuttle (aka Nu-class Attack Shuttle)
TIE Phantom

I never thought there'd be a list out there from me with 4 out 5 choices being EU vehicles. :D I had a really hard time deciding on #5, it was basically between the Chiss Clawcraft and the TIE Phantom, both being cool-looking enemy vehicles that would go great with the current set of starfighter vehicles we have, but the TIE Phantom just seems to fit slightly better for me. It was a hard decision though.

pegger
12-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Honestly Pegger, I'm not surprised that the LAAT/c isn't making the grade. It's not a fun toy on its own, it has just 1 purpose: an accessory for the AT-TE. That's not much of a vehicle, and all it does is drop it, not very exciting.

But the Sandcrawler is more of a fun toy? Really? A box on wheels?

I hear you on your point (of the non-exciting-ness) - but "fun"-ability doesn't seem to be the reason that some vehicles are scoring higher than others.

JediTricks
12-24-2008, 04:39 PM
No, the Sandcrawler is a display piece, and I wouldn't buy it at that size. But you didn't bring it up originally. :p Honestly though, the Sandcrawler has way more going for it than the LAAT/c, it's got a more iconic scene, it stands out in the scenes it's in, it encompasses multiple characters in and around it, it has lots of different droids, and it's from the OT which gives it a boost. But none of that means it would sell at market for $100, not even if it was a super fun playset inside.

On our current list, I'd say the majority are fun or exciting. The Twin-Pod Cloud Car is the biggest exception to me, that one is more about classic credibility than its own merits - I have one, it sucks. The next one on the list I'd call out is the Tantive IV, that's about playset factor and even then I think folks don't realize what a boring playset a bunch of hallways would be (I've played Battlefront II Tantive IV enough to know, there's not all that much to see). We just dumped on the Sandcrawler, so no need to repeat that. And the Star Destroyer is like the Tantive IV situation, except even less realistic because absolutely nothing happens there. But the rest has good fun factor, wooshability, and is exciting.

Tycho
12-26-2008, 06:01 AM
Results for Phase 2 Round 3. Talk amongst yourselves.

I'm very glad the Droid Gunship did so well. I want that one. And I'll buy the star destroyer, if Hasbro makes it how I'd want it. The same goes for the sandcrawler, though it's not necessary.

The Rebel Transport re-released (and improved to be more toyetic than carry-case, would also be much appreciated. I wished the Gungan Sub did better, but I will keep voting for it.

I would buy and LOVE a TIE Fighter with sound effects, but I am not going to vote for it, as I own a FLEET of TIEs already and don't need this. I just would LOVE it.

I'm very surprised the TurboTank got only 2 votes. Me and JabbaJohn probably? That sucks. C'mon guys: show your support. This thing can roll on wheels and run over battle droids!

In the new round, I voted:

1) Gungan Sub (Bongo)
2) IG-2000 [IG-88's ship]
3) Virago [Prince Xizor's starfighter]
4) Clone Turbo Tank (aka Juggernaut)
5) MTT (Multi-Troop Transport)

I explained why I wanted 4 / 5 of these vehicles before. The new one I added is Prince Xizor's Virago. I think it's an interesting design - very different, yet Star Warzy. Also, it was supposed to be made as a toy in 1996, but we never got it. I want to put it into the action in a Coruscant diorama (Rebellion-era) when Xizor used his Virago to escape his exploding fortress and try and out-maneuver Darth Vader and get to his skyhook. (Note to Black Sun: You can't out-maneuver Darth Vader.) In this scene, not only can I do ground battles on Coruscant (in a collage of different events happening at the same time) but I can use Vader's TIE, the Outrider, the Falcon, Wedge in an X-wing, Slave-One (sort of unconventionally, as Fett wasn't really there), but I can make an awesome SOTE display with all the major characters! Heck: I can put a Bothan in a Y-wing if they made Koth Melan an action figure now that Borsk Fey'lya is getting one.

3. Twin-pod Cloud Car
8. Slave I [larger redesign with repaint in mind for both ESB and AOTC verisons]
12. TIE Defender
14. Droid Gunship

I would buy the sailbarge, the twin-pod cloud car, the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, the Tantive IV, the sandcrawler, the star destroyer, and the droid gunship. 7 out of 15 of our picks. Roughly half. Not bad.

JediTricks
12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm very surprised the TurboTank got only 2 votes. Me and JabbaJohn probably? That sucks. C'mon guys: show your support. This thing can roll on wheels and run over battle droids!The vehicle sucks, it was cut from ESB for an excellent reason, it's a box on wheels. There, I said it. :p

I would buy the sailbarge, the twin-pod cloud car, the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, the Tantive IV, the sandcrawler, the star destroyer, and the droid gunship. 7 out of 15 of our picks. Roughly half. Not bad.From the current list, I'd definitely get:

And I'd probably get:
14. Droid Gunship

So that's 6 confirmed and 4 likely, that's not bad.

pegger
12-28-2008, 07:12 PM
The vehicle sucks, it was cut from ESB for an excellent reason, it's a box on wheels. There, I said it. :p

I don't agree with JT often - but I agree with him on this. Plus - it doesn't seem very Star Wars-y to me. I mean - it has wheels. Heck - even dirt poor moisture farmers on the planet that is FARTHEST from the bright center of the universe have repulsor-lift technology... Wheels are so...pre-old Republic.

Snowtrooper
12-28-2008, 07:18 PM
This is maybe a lousy reason for not voting for the turbo tank, but I thought I read somewhere that its slated for release either in 09 or 10. It was over on RS somewhere. I'll have to see if I can find it again. I decided to vote for something that wasn't going to be made in the near future. Believe me, I'd love to have the turbo tank made.

JediTricks
12-28-2008, 10:47 PM
That's just a rumor. There are plenty of better reasons for not voting for it. ;)

obi-dad
12-29-2008, 01:27 AM

3. Twin-pod Cloud Car
12. TIE Defender
14. Droid Gunship
I would definitely buy 1-4 (sailbarge, AT-AT, AT-ST, Cloud car), probably the clone wars Y-wing, definitely the OT Y-Wing, Slave I & Sandcrawler. I would probably skip on both the Tantive IV & Star Destroyer due to cost & size (but if the did them smaller, where cost wasn't an issue, I'd probably still skip due to them being too small. I would definitely skip the rest. So, most likely 1-8 with multiples of the AT-ST's, speederbikes, AT-AT's & cloud cars. I wuld definitely buy the sandcrawler (as a display piece for the droids & jawas), but it would minimally need to be at least double in size.

JediTricks
12-31-2008, 04:25 AM
MSP had to skedaddle early, but he left me the results for round 4:

1. Snowspeeder [redesigned with accuracy and all features].....28 points on 9 votes
2. Outrider (YT-2400).....26 points on 7 votes
3. Escape Pod (from Tantive IV) [larger redesign, working top hatch].....22 points on 6 votes
4. Rebel Transport.....21 points on 8 votes
5. Gungan Sub (Bongo).....18 points on 6 votes
6. The Twilight.....18 points on 5 votes
7. Virago [Prince Xizor's starfighter].....13 points on 5 votes
8. Chiss Clawcraft.....13 points on 5 votes
9. Clone Turbo Tank (aka Juggernaut).....13 points on 4 votes
10. MTT (Multi-Troop Transport).....12 points on 5 votes
11. Ewok Battlewagon.....12 points on 5 votes
12. Lars Family Landspeeder (V-35 Courier).....12 points on 5 votes
13. Republic Attack Shuttle (aka Nu-class Attack Shuttle).....12 points on 4 votes
14. LAAT/c (AT-TE carrier Gunship).....12 points on 3 votes
15. TIE Fighter [redesigned for accuracy and better features, sound effects].....12 points on 3 votes
16. Geonosis execution cart with Orray.....10 points on 3 votes
17. TIE Interceptor [redesigned for accurate cockpit & wings].....10 points on 2 votes
18. Death Star.....8 points on 4 votes
19. TIE Phantom.....8 points on 3 votes
20. Imperial Landing Craft.....8 points on 3 votes
21. Theta-class Shuttle (Emperor Palpatine's ROTS shuttle).....8 points on 2 votes
22. IG-2000 [IG-88's ship].....8 points on 2 votes
23. E-wing Starfighter.....7 points on 3 votes
24. AT-OT (All Terrain Open Transport).....7 points on 2 votes
25. Rickshaw with RIC-920 Droid.....5 points on 2 votes
26. Asajj Ventress’ Fanblade Starfighter.....3 points on 1 vote
27. CR20 Troop Carrier.....2 points on 1 vote
28. Clone Swamp Speeder.....1 point on 1 vote

That's a handsome-looking list there. The tie for 5th place was broken with number of votes.

Interestingly, the spread on this round was particularly intense, no vehicle got more than 2 first place votes, and the 17th-place entry also got 2 first place votes, just no other votes which is why it was 17th instead of 6th.

So, tomorrow starts the final round. Our list is nearly complete!

obi-dad
12-31-2008, 09:30 AM
MSP had to skedaddle early, but he left me the results for round 4:

1. Snowspeeder [redesigned with accuracy and all features].....28 points on 9 votes
2. Outrider (YT-2400).....26 points on 7 votes
3. Escape Pod (from Tantive IV) [larger redesign, working top hatch].....22 points on 6 votes
4. Rebel Transport.....21 points on 8 votes
5. Gungan Sub (Bongo).....18 points on 6 votes

Another list heavily owned by the OT, even if one is a fantasy scale OT vehicle. Now if the Tie Fighter & Ewok Battlewagon can just crack the top 5 of the next poll, I'll be happy.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks for posting those JT. Two of my votes made the list this time, so I'll have a couple open slots to fill this round.

Tycho
12-31-2008, 01:55 PM
I'd buy almost any of those that made it this round, except maybe the snowspeeder for which I have no need. I own 3 POTF2 ones, and that is plenty. I might even have a fourth, but I don't think so. I'm hoping I traded that a long time ago. Scale was an issue for me only there.

The Gungan o Sub is what I'm most excited for. I'd like to do a nice Theed scene from TPM with that one.

JediTricks
12-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the results MSP!

Here's the list to date:

3. Twin-pod Cloud Car
12. TIE Defender
14. Droid Gunship
16. Snowspeeder [redesigned with accuracy and all features]
17. Outrider (YT-2400)
18. Escape Pod (from Tantive IV) [larger redesign, working top hatch]
19. Rebel Transport
20. Gungan Sub (Bongo)

Strangely, I just now realized the Outrider should have had a little note explaining how it's going to be different from the original. That thing is so not Outrider-esque that I don't even think about it, I didn't put this one on the list thinking of it as a revisit. :p

This is a good-looking list, and those last 5 are pretty strong entries. I'd buy all but the Rebel Transport, which doesn't really fit with my collection. The Gungan Sub would be a "maybe", but if executed right and not too expensive I'd probably get it.

JediTricks
12-31-2008, 04:47 PM
It's up, the final round is up, go vote!!!

Tycho
01-01-2009, 01:38 PM
I'd buy 12/ 20 so far :

3. Twin-pod Cloud Car

8. Slave I [larger redesign with repaint in mind for both ESB and AOTC verisons] (maybe)

14. Droid Gunship

17. Outrider (YT-2400) (maybe)
19. Rebel Transport
20. Gungan Sub (Bongo)

JediTricks
01-06-2009, 10:53 PM
We're mere hours away from knowing what the final list looks like! If you haven't voted yet, now is the time!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
01-07-2009, 03:05 AM
Results of Phase 2 Round 5

1. Virago [Prince Xizor's starfighter].....22 points (6 votes)
2. Clone Turbo Tank (aka Juggernaut).....21 points (5 votes)
3. Theta-class Shuttle (Emperor Palpatine's ROTS shuttle).....18 points (6 votes)
4. The Twilight.....18 points (4 votes)
5. 9000 Z001 landspeeder.....15 points (4 votes)
6. Lars Family Landspeeder (V-35 Courier).....14 points (4 votes)
7. LAAT/c (AT-TE carrier Gunship).....14 points (3 votes)
8. Imperial Landing Craft.....11 points (6 votes)
9. Republic Attack Shuttle (aka Nu-class Attack Shuttle).....11 points (5 votes)
10. AT-ST [Hoth design, differs from ROTJ design].....11 points (4 votes)
11. Dooku's Solar Sailer.....11 points (4 votes)
12. Jabba's Skiff [larger redesign].....11 points (4 votes)
13. Chiss Clawcraft.....10 points (4 votes)
14. IG-2000 [IG-88's ship].....10 points (3 votes)
15. Ewok Battlewagon.....9 points (3 votes)
16. TIE Phantom.....9 points (3 votes)
17. The Executor (Super Star Destroyer).....8 points (2 votes)
18. MTT (Multi-Troop Transport).....7 points (2 votes)
19. TIE Interceptor [redesigned for accurate cockpit & wings].....7 points (2 votes)
20. CR20 Troop Carrier.....6 points (3 votes)
21. TIE Fighter [redesigned for accuracy and better features, sound effects].....6 points (2 votes)
22. Rickshaw with RIC-920 Droid.....6 points (2 votes)
23. AT-OT (All Terrain Open Transport).....6 points (2 votes)
24. Death Star.....5 points (2 votes)
25. IG Lancer-Droid's Speeder Bike.....5 points (2 votes)
26. Geonosis execution cart with Orray.....4 points (3 votes)
27. E-wing Starfighter.....4 points (2 votes)
28. Asajj Ventress’ Fanblade Starfighter.....3 points (2 votes)
29. Clone Swamp Speeder.....3 points (1 vote)

JediTricks
01-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Nicely done, thank you. Any interesting voting trends you noticed while tallying? I see the Imperial Landing Craft favored heavily in number of votes, but low on most of those lists based on its 8th place position.

With this round, our Top 25 Most Wanted Vehicles list is complete. Here are the results:
3. Twin-pod Cloud Car
12. TIE Defender
14. Droid Gunship
17. Outrider (YT-2400)
19. Rebel Transport
20. Gungan Sub (Bongo)
21. Virago [Prince Xizor's starfighter]
22. Clone Turbo Tank (aka Juggernaut)
23. Theta-class Shuttle (Emperor Palpatine's ROTS shuttle)
24. The Twilight
25. 9000 Z001 landspeeder

Any chance we could coax a few interesting statistical analyses from the tallymaster?

Mad Slanted Powers
01-07-2009, 10:09 AM
I'll take a look tonight to see what new sorcery I can conjure up.

Tycho
01-07-2009, 01:42 PM
It's a good list. There's some things I wanted here:

3. Twin-pod Cloud Car
14. Droid Gunship
20. Gungan Sub (Bongo)
24. The Twilight

11/25 - not bad. I'd likely buy more than just the ones above, but those are the ones I really desire.

bigbarada
01-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Not too happy with the results from the final round, but it's a good list.

From these I would definitely buy:
1. AT-AT
2. AT-ST (ROTJ)
3. Speeder Bike redesign
4. Snowspeeder
5. Cloud Car
6. Slave 1

On the maybe list:
1. Y-Wing
2. Clone Wars Y-Wing
3. Sail Barge
4. Star Destroyer
5. Tantive IV
6. Escape Pod

These would heavily depend on how well the toy was made and how much space/income I had available at the time of their release.

DarkJedi5
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM
My voting dropped off as it became clear my remaining favorites weren't going to make the cut. From the list of 25 I'd get:

3. Twin-pod Cloud Car
14. Droid Gunship
17. Outrider (YT-2400)
20. Gungan Sub (Bongo)

With these four being maybes (like bigb) depending on how well they were executed and how much they cost.

19. Rebel Transport

pegger
01-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Well - none from my last round made the cut... but from the top 25, the one's I would be excited to get are: (8)

14. Droid Gunship
19. Rebel Transport
20. Gungan Sub (Bongo)

Not as excited about, but still would happily buy (6):
3. Twin-pod Cloud Car
12. TIE Defender
23. Theta-class Shuttle (Emperor Palpatine's ROTS shuttle)
24. The Twilight

Don’t really care, but would probably buy anyways, because I’m a sucker(5):
25. 9000 Z001 landspeeder

Don’t care, wouldn’t get:
17. Outrider (YT-2400)

JediTricks
01-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Kinda surprised the CW Y-wing didn't make the list.

pegger
01-07-2009, 03:47 PM
You're right - it should be on the first list...

Mad Slanted Powers
01-08-2009, 03:11 AM
Here is a breakdown of how the votes were distributed.

Listed are Category, Total Points, Total Votes, and 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place votes.

Cat...TPts..TotV...1st...2nd...3rd...4th...5th
OT.....505...157....34....36....38....28....21
PT.....274....90....20....20....16....12....22
CW.....204....72....11.....9....21....19....12
EU.....321...107....21....25....15....25....21
FAN....474...161....34....30....28....31....38
TOT...1778...587...120...120...118...115...114

JediTricks
01-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks MSP!

Dang, look at that, the OT heavily outperformed everything else, and the Fantasy poll came in strongly as well.

The votes to points ratio tells us how dedicated folks are, how they'll vote all 1 through 5 more often. For that, OT is again tops at 3.21 points per vote, PT is second with 3.04, nice to see the EU performing well at 3 per vote, Fantasy got 2.9, and CW only 2.8 suggesting not as much interest as of yet.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-08-2009, 11:34 PM
I did the same breakdown round by round.

Round 1

OT.....135....42.....8....13.....7.....8.....6
PT......55....18.....2.....5.....6.....2.....3
CW......59....20.....4.....0.....8.....7.....1
EU......55....20.....4.....5.....1.....2.....8
FAN....194....63....16....11....11....12....13
TOT....498...163....34....34....33....31....31

Round 2

OT.....109....35.....8.....7.....8.....5.....7
PT......56....19.....5.....3.....3.....2.....6
CW......30....12.....0.....2.....4.....4.....2
EU......62....19.....3.....6.....4.....5.....1
FAN.....70....23.....6.....4.....3.....5.....5
TOT....327...108....22....22....22....21....21

Round 3

OT......79....26.....4.....6.....7.....5.....4
PT......53....17.....4.....5.....1.....3.....4
CW......37....13.....2.....1.....6.....1.....3
EU......79....24.....6.....7.....2.....6.....3
FAN.....91....32.....7.....4.....6.....7.....8
TOT....339...112....23....23....22....22....22

Round 4

OT.....110....32....10.....4....10.....6.....2
PT......54....17.....5.....3.....3.....2.....4
CW......35....11.....2.....3.....2.....3.....1
EU......61....23.....3.....4.....4.....6.....6
FAN.....69....26.....2.....8.....3.....5.....8
TOT....329...109....22....22....22....22....21

Round 5

OT......72....22.....4.....6.....6.....4.....2
PT......56....19.....4.....4.....3.....3.....5
CW......43....16.....3.....3.....1.....4.....5
EU......64....21.....5.....3.....4.....6.....3
FAN.....50....17.....3.....3.....5.....2.....4
TOT....285....95....19....19....19....19....19

Total

OT.....505...157....34....36....38....28....21
PT.....274....90....20....20....16....12....22
CW.....204....72....11.....9....21....19....12
EU.....321...107....21....25....15....25....21
FAN....474...161....34....30....28....31....38
TOT...1778...587...120...120...118...115...114

The Clone Wars did the best in round one when the Y-Wing made the cut, but that is just a reworking of an OT vehicle.

Tycho
01-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks to MadSlantedPowers and JediTricks for putting together this poll and the accompanying statistics. I hope Hasbro will take this work into account.

JediTricks
01-09-2009, 02:57 AM
Man, look at how different the spread is from round 1 to 2. I wonder what specific entry was the difference, I guess the Sail Barge and AT-AT were heavy draws away from the OT and once they were gone, the OT took over interest. Confirms how much folks want those 2.

BTW, how much of a spaz am I that I forgot the CW Y-wing placed really high on our final list? More sleep, I need.

obi-dad
01-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Out of curiousity, I had been tallying votes as we went along, until this last poll. About half way, I lost interest in keeping up, but at that point, the OT still had a larger chunk these last five slots (if you count the Ewok bw):

1. Virago [Prince Xizor's starfighter]
2. Jabba's Skiff [larger redesign]
3. Clone Turbo Tank (aka Juggernaut)
4. AT-ST [Hoth design, differs from ROTJ design]
5. Ewok Battlewagon

I wish Jabba's Skiff had made it, but I happy the 9000 Z001 landspeeder cracked the top 5.

JediTricks
01-10-2009, 10:29 PM
I actually wanted a different landspeeder from Mos Eisley, the A-1 Deluxe Floater, that thing has classic styling! http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A-1_Deluxe_Floater
I wasn't surprised it didn't make the list, I was however surprised that hopper-looking landspeeder from outside the cantina did.

JediTricks
02-13-2009, 05:18 PM
I've come across an interesting problem, the Clone Turbo Tank has been confirmed after the poll. My first inclination was to cut it, but that would throw out of whack the phase 1 results. So I've decided to leave it in, but use strikethrough text. Thoughts?

bigbarada
02-13-2009, 05:24 PM
I've come across an interesting problem, the Clone Turbo Tank has been confirmed after the poll. My first inclination was to cut it, but that would throw out of whack the phase 1 results. So I've decided to leave it in, but use strikethrough text. Thoughts?

What vehicle made #26 on that list? Why not just include it?

DarkJedi5
02-13-2009, 05:25 PM
I say leave it as is. I know when I voted I did take rumors into account and this puppy (as well as others) were rumored and yet people still voted it very highly. I see it as a pat on the back to the Hasbro team for bringing out one of our top 25 but it's so far down the line.... It's not like they're making a sail barge or anything.

pegger
02-13-2009, 05:26 PM
I say leave it as is. I know when I voted I did take rumors into account and this puppy (as well as others) were rumored and yet people still voted it very highly. I see it as a pat on the back to the Hasbro team for bringing out one of our top 25 but it's so far down the line.... It's not like they're making a sail barge or anything.

I agree - stroke it out - but don't change the list.

JediTricks
02-13-2009, 05:36 PM
I've decided to do both, using MSP's figure poll results as the template for this design, I'm going to leave the Turbo Tank on the list but instead of making it #22, I'm going to put it after #21 with an asterisk, a strikethrough, a note explaining why. Then, I'm going to move the next ones up, and put #26 (the Lars Family Landspeeder), in slot 25.

bigbarada
02-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm saying to make the list from 1-26 with #22 crossed out. This way it's still a "top 25" list. Why short change ourselves one vehicle?

bigbarada
02-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I've decided to do both, using MSP's figure poll results as the template for this design, I'm going to leave the Turbo Tank on the list but instead of making it #22, I'm going to put it after #21 with an asterisk, a strikethrough, a note explaining why. Then, I'm going to move the next ones up, and put #26 (the Lars Family Landspeeder), in slot 25.

That works too. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
02-13-2009, 06:05 PM
That works too. :thumbsup:
Great minds thinking alike. ;)

bigbarada
02-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Great minds thinking alike. ;)

So you thought you were part Vulcan when you were a kid too? Wow, I thought I was the only one.:o

JediTricks
02-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Um... no. I just tried to be very logical as a kid, despite often trying to use the Force to levitate stuff. :p

JediTricks
02-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Um... no. I just tried to be very logical as a kid, despite often trying to use the Force to levitate stuff. :p
Ok, I'm going to go eat finally, I didn't get breakfast or lunch in order to make the final results file, because I'm not as talented as MSP at these things. If you want to check out the near-final version, leave some suggestions, I have it uploaded on my personal site for a few hours:

http://swcollecting.com/mwvp.pdf

DarkJedi5
02-14-2009, 11:49 PM
By the way, I count like three vehicles from our list that are showing at Toy Fair; Turbo Tank, CW Y-Wing, and Saber Tank. Only 22 more to go Hasbro!

Tycho
02-15-2009, 08:17 AM
That's cool. Bring on Jabba's Sailbarge!!!

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 08:21 PM
I just thought to check with Steve about the results, he said he did indeed give them to Hasbro at Toy Fair, and that they were gonna look them over when they had the chance, it was a lot of paperwork. :p

JediTricks
11-25-2009, 02:35 PM
In looking over the polls recently, in just 1 year, Hasbro has released the following candidates from our poll series:

Droid Starfighter (Vulture Droid) [fully transformable] - (#12 in its series)
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid - (#1 in its series, #9 in the top 25)
Imperial V-wing fighter [Empire repaint] - (#22 in its series)
Tri-Droid [accurate "gigantic" version, different from basic figure] - (#15 in its series)
TIE Fighter [redesigned for accuracy and better features, sound effects] - (#14 in its series)
AT-ST [larger redesign, differs from ESB design] - (#3 in its series, #4 in the top 25)
TIE Interceptor [redesigned for accurate cockpit & wings] - (#8 in its series)
Y-wing Starfighter (Clone Wars version) - (#1 in its series, #5 in the top 25)
Republic Gunship [show-accurate with new doors and modified hull design, optional sticker sheet nose art] - (#12 in its series)
Anakin's Delta-7B Jedi Starfighter [different colors from Obi-Wan's, yellow & dark gray] - (#14 in its series)
TX-130 Saber-class Tank (aka IFT-X, Republic Fighter Tank) - (#3 in its series, #15 in the top 25)
Clone Turbo Tank (aka Juggernaut) - (#5 in its series, #22 in the top 25)

A dozen vehicles, that is a pretty good haul for 1 year! And 5 of them were in our top 25. Granted, we didn't get those electronics for the TIE Fighter, or the new wings on the TIE Interceptor, or the sticker sheet on the Gunship, but generally what we asked for, we got.

Ando
11-25-2009, 03:40 PM
A dozen vehicles, that is a pretty good haul for 1 year! And 5 of them were in our top 25. Granted, we didn't get those electronics for the TIE Fighter, or the new wings on the TIE Interceptor, or the sticker sheet on the Gunship, but generally what we asked for, we got.

It was a very good year for vehicles indeed and I picked up most of these, and on a few of them, I purchased multiples for myself or as gifts for family.

I can't wait to see what vehicles we might see in 2010!

pbarnard
11-25-2009, 04:11 PM

So we should whine louder and get more of what we want? :Ponder: :yes:

Tycho
11-25-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm trying to test the waters in the single-vehicle discussion threads I've been running.

JediTricks
11-26-2009, 06:03 PM
So we should whine louder and get more of what we want? :Ponder: :yes:No, just whine around every 3 years with polls like these. :D