PDA

View Full Version : Clone Battle Packs?

PAA_707
08-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Man everywhere I go I can't find anymore of the Clone battle packs. Event he Droid packs are rare. Did lego remove them to make new ones for the movie? Or have they been selling out due to the hype from the movie?

A few months ago all I could find was the Clones and Droids and no Imperial Troopers or Rebels. Now all there is is Rebels and Imperials. Crazy.

JediTricks
08-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Well, the Clone and Droid packs are from 2007, so any stock you saw was old stock, not currently-shipping stock. Once that moved, it made way for the 2008 sets. I haven't seen those Clone ones in a while now.

PAA_707
08-05-2008, 04:22 AM
Damn that sucks I shoulda bought a few more while I had the chance.

Ji'dai
08-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Since LEGO re-released the Hoth Rebel Base and the Wedge X-Wing, it's entirely possible that the Clone and Droid battle packs will be offered again too. Especially with the television series due to begin soon.

I imagine LEGO will do Clone battle packs in 2009 with the appropriate helmet design for the era depicted in the TV show as well.

Jangu Fett
08-06-2008, 04:46 PM
There are rumors going around on a couple of SW Lego sites, that there will be a Clone and BD battle packs released next year. With a couple people saying that prelim photos are in retailers catalogs.

If I remember right the BDBP is 3 Super Battle Droids, 2 MagnaGuards, a Destroyer Droid and blue STAP( Like the one with the AT-TE ). The Clone Packs is rumored to have 4 Clones a Red/Green/Gray Speeder Bike (similar ito the one with the RGS )and "Small Canon".

Other "rumored" sets are a redone blue AAT with 4 figures, a Tri-Droid with 6 figures, and a Clone Shuttle with 5 figures. Including a new CW Yoda. And a pair of TIEs from the Force Unleashed. But, seeing as these are only rumors right now, and not pics have yet been seen.................. Who knows?.?.

But I'm pretty sure we'll see, either, a fresh load of the earlier Clone BP, or a new one for the CW line.

PAA_707
08-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Im just a little disappointed, because if I knew those were the last of em I woulda bought a lot more Clone packs. I only bought 1, I kept putting it off. I kept buying Imperial Troopers and Rebels, now look at me, dummy. I started my Lego collection back in May, so I'm pretty new to that too.

But if the new one comes with MagnaGuards wow that will be a hit. I wonder if it will still be $9.99 or if they'll boost it to $19.99. I almost boought the MagnaGuard Starfighter just for the 2 MagnaGuards. With this rumour I'll definately stay away from that.

Jangu Fett
08-07-2008, 09:34 PM
I highly doubt that TLC will raise the price of the battle packs, the rumored ones are the smaller sets, so my guess is that the price will still be $10. Now if these were Super Battle Packs like the Hailfire and Dwarf Spider Droid, then the price would be $20.