PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones and the Dead Titanium / SW Repaint Count

Darth Duranium
08-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Cooltoyreview just posted the news that Hasbro is killing off the Indy TS line after the 8 vehicles they've released:

Rocket Sled
Jungle Cutter
Biplane
Cargo Truck
Persian Tank
Mutt Wilson on Motocycle
Flying Wing
Indiana & Henry Jones on Motorcycle

Not surprising, really. I can't imagine that kids could give a rat's arse about such exciting vehicles as a WWI tank and a cargo truck. The fact that Indy IV sucked (compared to Indy I to III) didn't help much either, IMHO.

Indy flicks rarely relied on special vehicle (like 007 or SW) to drive the plot... most were organic to their time periods and weren't all that unique. I picked up the 2 aircraft but skipped the rest... looks like they'll all be keeping the pegs toasty for a while to come.

Well, on the positive side, the death of Indy TS might mean that Hasbro stops trying to branch out (Marvel, Transformers, etc) and will stick to making NEW SW tools for their loyal SW fans who support the line.

The repaint/retread situation for SW Titaniums seems to get worse every year. By my count (including the 5 waves announced), there have been 16 new ships this year (and 1 is a new X-Wing tool) and 36 repaints or retreads... they are going to end up killing this line, too. You can only milk the cow so many times... and I'm starting to become lactose intolerant.

Blue2th
08-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I only bought the flying wing. The quality and paint just wasn't there for me, at least not up to par with the military die-cast I'm used to.

There was only one bright spot in the recent wave of Titaniums. The Cloud Car
I bought Wedge's X-Wing because it's the new die, and the Sandspeeder/ Snowspeeder because it's almost military looking with the tan color. That's it. The rest of the repaints don't really interest me.

DarkArtist
08-06-2008, 09:05 PM
i was only interested in the Cargo Truck, found one...bought one that's enough for me. won't miss it.

figrin bran
08-07-2008, 01:58 AM
I got the Cargo Truck and Jungle Cutter and didn't want anymore.

I'm not interested in the current SW repaints either and can't find Wedge's X-Wing or the Cloud Car for the life of me.

Ji'dai
08-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I got them all, but I'm not in a titter that the line has been cancelled. I would've liked a Temple of Doom mine cart, but oh well. Money saved.

Since the price went above $5, I think Titaniums are too expensive to collect, especially when my heart's not in it. I'm an action-figure collector first and foremost.

mtriv73
08-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I only bought the flying wing. The quality and paint just wasn't there for me, at least not up to par with the military die-cast I'm used to.

I think the poor paint quality across the board in this line doomed it from the start. Especially in the 3-3/4" figures, the whole first wave looked horrible and kept me from buying any of it. I'm just not laying out close to $7 for a piece of plastic or steel that looks like they weren't even trying when they made it.

JediTricks
08-10-2008, 09:19 PM
This line was doomed because nobody was really looking for it, it just was too late and too much at once. I knew it wasn't going to get a 3rd wave just based on how the 2nd wave broke down, and no listing on EE.