PDA

View Full Version : Latest Wave

CoachD
08-07-2008, 06:02 AM
The latest waves look pretty good. I really like the "Clone Wars" packaging, its very fresh.

The cinema scenes are pretty good as well, but why did they only go with 2 figures on the Skiff pack?? A restyled Han is cool and Boba, but couldnt there have been a few extra characters as well??

all in all though, a good run up to the movie. We even got the Galactic Heroes 2 packs over here in Norway (Finally!!)

CoachD
08-08-2008, 09:02 AM
I just got my preorder in for the autumn wave (september-october). Finally we are getting the Ventress figure! Also the Rex and Ahsoka should be cool. No picture yet (has anyone found one??)

I am not to crazy about the "stocking stuffer" 3 packs, but i ordered them anyway just to have them in my collection. Would have been fun to use a few new characters in them though.

ncbarrett
08-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I just got my preorder in for the autumn wave (september-october). Finally we are getting the Ventress figure! Also the Rex and Ahsoka should be cool. No picture yet (has anyone found one??)

PAGE 7

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars//SW_HasbroHandbook_updated.pdf

Kidhuman
08-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I like the stocking stuffers, only because I have a 4 ft tree with SW ornamnets on it each year. They will go nicely on there

waboritas
08-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Did anyone see the Jabba Cinema Scene for sale on Hasbrotoyshop.com for $9.99 instead of the Out of Stock - or for that matter, get it at that price?

ncbarrett
08-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Did anyone see the Jabba Cinema Scene for sale on Hasbrotoyshop.com for $9.99 instead of the Out of Stock - or for that matter, get it at that price?

I saw it and almost bought it.
When I decided to buy it, it was out of stock.

CoachD
08-21-2008, 03:43 AM
I found these pics online today. I like the snow speeder! but do we really need another Xwing? having the new figures is cool, but we just got the repainted swamp xwing... i think they should have done something else first and come back to this "assult on the death star 2" pack

since thats a preview of the '09 waves, i wonder if there are any other rumours of whats coming?

El Chuxter
08-21-2008, 10:19 AM
since thats a preview of the '09 waves, i wonder if there are any other rumours of whats coming?

A lot more re-releases with one or two new pack-ins (depending on the price), which is why I pretty much gave up on this line.

bigbarada
08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Shaak Ti is my new favorite GH figure.:love: It's nice to see a female Jedi, who doesn't dress like a parking lot tramp, made into a figure.

Unfortunately, I passed on a Jar Jar/Destroyer Droid pack and I haven't seen another one since.:( Still kicking myself over that one and hoping that they show up again soon.

Does anyone know when the Dewback set is supposed to be out?

EDIT: I like that Snowspeeder and it gives me some hope that we might see an AT-AT sometime in the future.

BaneMalar
08-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Im a fan of another cody figure...and i like the mighty mugg rex too. I like that they are giving troopers in the show some personality. They are fun...along with the cheesy humor of the droids

skystreak
08-27-2008, 03:47 AM
Shaak Ti is my new favorite GH figure.:love: It's nice to see a female Jedi, who doesn't dress like a parking lot tramp, made into a figure.

She doesn't?

The above pic is a character pic of her from the upcoming Force Unleashed video game (although I can imagine them retconning this to actually be Asohka since Shaak Ti died in a deleted scene, and we all know there is no way Asohka will die.....).

Does anyone know when the Dewback set is supposed to be out?

It is available now. I just bought one for my son the other day.

bigbarada
08-27-2008, 04:02 AM
She doesn't?

The above pic is a character pic of her from the upcoming Force Unleashed video game (although I can imagine them retconning this to actually be Asohka since Shaak Ti died in a deleted scene, and we all know there is no way Asohka will die.....).

Another reason for me to hate the Force Unleashed game.:mad:

It is available now. I just bought one for my son the other day.

Cool, usually new releases are all over Ebay a few weeks before hitting stores and I've only seen one or two of them on Ebay. Is it an exclusive?

CoachD
08-27-2008, 05:51 AM
EDIT: I like that Snowspeeder and it gives me some hope that we might see an AT-AT sometime in the future.

I think we all have our fingers crossed for the AT-AT. I know it would be expensive to produce, but I have to believe that it would fly off the shelves. If they got the big playset off succesfully mabey they could do a death star too!! :) wishful thinking!

I also wonder if they couldnt expand the cinema scene theme a bit and have buildings-backgrounds like they did with the super hero squad (spider man bank robbery if i remember correctly). An ewok village, jabbas palace or ??? would be fun playsets rather than using the box that the current cinema scenes come in.

just a thought

skystreak
08-27-2008, 08:37 AM
I think we all have our fingers crossed for the AT-AT. I know it would be expensive to produce, but I have to believe that it would fly off the shelves. If they got the big playset off succesfully mabey they could do a death star too!! :) wishful thinking!

I also wonder if they couldnt expand the cinema scene theme a bit and have buildings-backgrounds like they did with the super hero squad (spider man bank robbery if i remember correctly). An ewok village, jabbas palace or ??? would be fun playsets rather than using the box that the current cinema scenes come in.

just a thought

I don't think an AT-AT would have to be as big or as expensive as most people think. Clearly, it wouldn't be to scale with the snowspeeder....

I could see an AT-AT coming in at (or around) the price point of the Millenium Falcon.

fightattack
08-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Just ordered the Rancor and AT-RT set from TRU's website.

Why, oh, why did they not include the Rancor keeper, Malakili, with the Rancor set???
Instead we get two (TWO!?) Gamorrean Guards.
Granted, one of them is to put in the Rancor's mouth - but why couldn't we get the Rancor keeper??

He's one of my favorite minor characters.
He's so sad when the Rancor dies.

Now I am sad that he may never be made into a GH character. :(

CoachD
08-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Why, oh, why did they not include the Rancor keeper, Malakili, with the Rancor set???
:(

I totally agree, they dropped the ball on that one for sure. Mabey we can get it later as a two pack with the dancer who falls into the pit :)