PDA

View Full Version : My new collection

sith_killer_99
08-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I have started collecting outside the regular Star Wars stuff. In fact I have not been collecting SW for some time now. I have recently purchased:

New couch and love seat
New 42 inch HDTV
New Blu-Ray player
New Surround Sound system
New Microwave
New Coffee Table
New Dishes
New Silverware
New Pots and Pans
New Freezer
New Eliptical Machine

I have also amassed a large collection of Blu-Ray movies, but I am mostly focusing on the house.

Next on the list:

New Dinning Room set
New Queen Sized Pillow Top Bed
New End Table
New Computer
New Car
New Bedroom Setup (for my daughter)

Has anyone else been looking at new furniture, entertainment systems, etc?

El Chuxter
08-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Not furniture, per se, but we've been re-doing the baby's room--new paint (blue with pale off-white clouds), my wife made curtains and a bed set, etc. We're going through the house and getting rid of a lot of stuff and trying to get everything up to where we feel it should be, a room at a time. I've been pondering the best way to thin out my toy collections when we get to that section of the house (we're going to try to deep-clean everything in terms of clutter before re-doing any rooms beyond her bedroom and bathroom).

Old Fossil
08-08-2008, 08:04 AM
I've been expanding my compost collection of late, branching out from simple leaf compost to include pine straw compost and waste vegetable compost as well. All are currently on display.:tired:

CaptainSolo1138
08-08-2008, 08:29 AM
I've been doing the opposite of collecting lately by going through my boxes in the basement and throwing away a bunch of old stuff I've been packrat-ing for no good reason in preparation for what seems to be an impending move sometime early next year.

bobafrett
08-08-2008, 08:34 AM
I have started collecting outside the regular Star Wars stuff. In fact I have not been collecting SW for some time now. I have recently purchased:

New couch and love seat
New 42 inch HDTV
New Blu-Ray player
New Surround Sound system
New Microwave
New Coffee Table
New Dishes
New Silverware
New Pots and Pans
New Freezer
New Eliptical Machine

I have also amassed a large collection of Blu-Ray movies, but I am mostly focusing on the house.

Next on the list:

New Dinning Room set
New Queen Sized Pillow Top Bed
New End Table
New Computer
New Car
New Bedroom Setup (for my daughter)

Has anyone else been looking at new furniture, entertainment systems, etc?

I would like to go this route, my couch is over 10 years old, my bed has seen it's fair share of my night time partners, and many nights with just me, some of my electronic equiptment was bought years before the couch, I think the last piece of furniture that I bought was the glass cabinet from IKEA.

JediTricks
08-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I've been really amassing my collection of self-doubts, does that count?

sergiurusu
08-12-2008, 09:33 AM
I'll be moving in a couple of months into the new house and I'm going to make 5 curios/display cabinets for my collection, 2 will be on a wall and the rest on the opposite wall. Each one will be about 2 meters tall and about 1 meter wide. The depth and distance between shelves will be about 35 cm in both cases if I remember correctly - so there will be a lot of space to display stuff, especially 1/6 figures and statues. I'm going to make the shelves out of wood, not glass, because they will be sturdier this way and will hold the heavy items. And of course they will have glass doors to protect the collectibles inside. The display cabinets will be ready in about a month.