PDA

View Full Version : TV Guide (dated 8/11-24/08... SPOILERS until film's out)

Bel-Cam Jos
08-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I heard that there'd be a TV Guide out before the CW movie, and I picked it up in line (first grocery store line impulse buy in a LONG time) while buying soup, bananas, and potatoes. It comes with a CD-ROM (which is worth the $3.99 cover price right there) that has:
- 2 film trailers
- a scene from the film (quite cool)
- still photos (okay)
- "meet the creators" (not too bad)
- links to sw.com and tru.com (really? advertising?)

The clips are all less than 2-4 minutes. Check it out! And for you completists: four different covers. (I only bought Yoda/Dooku, not Threepio/R2, Obi-Wan/Ventress, or Anakin/Ahsoka).

RUSHBOY
08-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Just came back from getting mine at Walmart !! I ended up geting the threepio/r2d2 cover and I can't wait to watch the cd-rom ! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I meant to ask: when did TVG go magazine, rather than digest size? This isn't special to CW, it seems. It's also much raunchier than I remember (I haven't bought/read a TVG since the '99 TPM covers). The cover article about CW uses one "bad word" and several hints towards adult aspects; not for kids, even though the film seems to be.

sith_killer_99
08-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Has anyone else had problems getting the CD ROM to play?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Has anyone else had problems getting the CD ROM to play?In the DVD player on my TV, yes. It just showed text (no CW images) on a blue background, allowed you to move down the choices (but "enter" did not work), and a SW song was playing in the background (don't recall which). It said something about MP3, so I don't know if that's why it wouldn't work.

In my computer's drive, no. It was fine there, and that's where I watched it. The bigger problem I had was getting it out of the holder without tearing/wrinkling the cover.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-09-2008, 11:13 PM
I keep forgetting to look for this one. Good to know the CD-ROM isn't exclusive to TRU, as one thing I read made it seem.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-10-2008, 09:43 AM
I keep forgetting to look for this one. Good to know the CD-ROM isn't exclusive to TRU, as one thing I read made it seem.No, but there are TRU logos all over it. Don't wait too long to get it, as it's "exclusive" to a week-long period!