PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's Modified Jedi Starfighter

DarkArtist
08-09-2008, 05:23 PM
For anyone interested the re-release of Anakin's Modified Jedi Starfighter is out on the shevles - picked one up today, been looking for it since it was originally released in the first Clone Wars line. i have been a fan of this ship since it's appearence in the Clone Wars cartoon and now i finally have one all my own. Whoo Hoo. it rang up at TRU for $24.99 but i don't care since ebay scalpers are charging anywhere from $60- $150+.

Ando
08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Has anyone seen this on the West Coast yet?

Ando
08-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Found it on Saturday! Awesome awesome toy.

El Chuxter
08-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm a little surprised to see what demand the old one was in. I found the box from mine over the weekend, and I got it on clearance for half price. That's not common for HTF items.

Ando
08-18-2008, 02:14 PM
I missed out on it the first time around.

El Chuxter
08-18-2008, 03:24 PM
I missed out on it the first time around.

Yeah, but normally vehicles that have to be clearanced out aren't so rare that they go for such a premium on the secondhand market.

Ando
08-18-2008, 03:58 PM
I got mine at a independent toy store (not a scalper/comic shop) for $25.00.

Ando
08-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Okay, I have a question about this toy and maybe someone onhere can help me.

This is the first time I've owned this fighter, and the vector/thruster engine that moves up and down on the back of the ship looks really familiar. Has anyone seen this feature on another toy in recent years?

I even went down to the basement last night to look through my toy bin to see if I had anything with something similar (I thought it might be the GI JOe Sigma 6/Cobra FireBat, but I was mistaken.

Can anyone help me with this random and obscure case of Deja Vu that I am having?

It's really starting to bug me like when I miss have of a movie or TV show because I can't place a voice or a face.

Blue2th
08-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah, but normally vehicles that have to be clearanced out aren't so rare that they go for such a premium on the secondhand market.

I had an extra boxed Anakin's Fighter, and since I'm not a MIMB collector anymore, I put it along with a Geonosian fighter on eBay with international bidders allowed.

Whoah! the thing kept climing and climing, finally ended up at $100 from someone in Hong Kong of all places. I never put "buy it now" on anything, and start them at $4 or $9 in this case, and let them have at it. You know if they would have just waited a few months, but hey people are impatient.
Really I wasn't trying to scalp it because well I had it since new, and lately I have to supplement from somewhere to make the house payment so I've been selling off a lot of old stuff, and taking a hit with most.

Funny thing is you would think the Geonosian fighter which comes with a pilot and is not being re-issued would be more valuable, but it went for $20, the price I paid for it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-22-2008, 08:11 PM
The teal starfighter (as seen on the front of the box) is coming out again, isn't it?

Ando
08-25-2008, 11:29 AM
The teal starfighter (as seen on the front of the box) is coming out again, isn't it?

I hope so, I liked that color. I hope they re-release Plo Koon's, too. I know it's almost identical to Anakin's Azure Angel, but I like the JSFs.

FundingMyAddiction
08-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Funny thing is you would think the Geonosian fighter which comes with a pilot and is not being re-issued would be more valuable, but it went for $20, the price I paid for it.

Hmph. I would have paid more for it, had I seen it. I've been wanting to pick one up but every time I see one on eBay they go up and up.

I'm glad I was able to hold out for Anakin's Modified Starfighter so I didn't have to spend an exorbitant amount on eBay. I was also able to pick up the teal Army of the Republic Clone Wars Starfighter on eBay for fairly cheap.

Blue2th
08-29-2008, 11:06 AM
I guess it's all in the timing. Had I waited to sell it, I might have made more. I think they should re-issue this because it's also in AOTC as well as the Clone Wars cartoon.

But hey, I've got one loose that I have for my Clone Wars scene, so that's all I need.

FundingMyAddiction
09-07-2008, 02:25 AM
I hope so, I liked that color. I hope they re-release Plo Koon's, too. I know it's almost identical to Anakin's Azure Angel, but I like the JSFs.

I have kind of a random question posed to everyone about the teal starfighter.

I'm super anal-retentive when it comes to making sure pilots are in accurate ships. Aside from seeing the teal Delta-7 briefly in a shot in one of the first episodes, does anybody know anything else about it? Like, which jedi was behind the wheel for the teal starfighter? If there is nothing canon or in the movies, then for those of you who have one, who did you put behind the controls?

Bar
09-07-2008, 06:50 AM
I have kind of a random question posed to everyone about the teal starfighter.

I'm super anal-retentive when it comes to making sure pilots are in accurate ships. Aside from seeing the teal Delta-7 briefly in a shot in one of the first episodes, does anybody know anything else about it? Like, which jedi was behind the wheel for the teal starfighter? If there is nothing canon or in the movies, then for those of you who have one, who did you put behind the controls?

I just opened up my CW season one file to check, and you don't see anyone in the cockpit of the teal JS's(There are two in the opening montage).
It could be anyone, but i always liked to think that Plo Koon liked the colour of the Teal one(Accounting for the later blue one he got nailed in).
It's up to you, ultimately.
Bar.