PDA

View Full Version : what's up with that Christian lion ?

2-1B
08-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Why didn't he eat those people and why did it take so long for it to make the rounds on Youtube?

I would be soiling myself if that big lug came jogging after me like that...I wouldn't trust him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7VkiL_PW6U

Neuroleptic
08-09-2008, 10:18 PM
You know 2-1B, they make products for the whole soiling yourself thing.

Meh, I guess if they know the Lion, they'd know if it was coming to eat them? Rather touching (If insane) moment. It didn't eat them, because it probably saw them as it's parents and part of the pride, would be my guess.

I got a different question.

Wonder if he has fleas?

sith_killer_99
08-09-2008, 10:20 PM
WOW, that's pretty cool.

I have to agree though, Sigfried and Roy aside, I still wouldn't trust a lion to be my "buddy".

jamesbondo07
08-09-2008, 10:36 PM
That's cool. I just don't know if I would want to be the one that had to change his litterbox.:shocked:

El Chuxter
08-10-2008, 11:38 AM
I don't buy it. The "reunion" is filmed from multiple angles. This would require one or more cameramen (or at least multiple cameras). I don't see evidence of other cameras (as old as this footage is, they weren't compact enough to hide), and I have a hard time buying that there was a cameraman insane enough to tag along for this loony moment.

Not to mention he looks way too young to be head of a tribe... a position usually acquired via brute force, which he would've had very little experience with. In fact, he wouldn't have much experience hunting at all, so he'd probably be dead of starvation within a few weeks if we were really raised by non-professional people.

Inspirational if you buy it, but I'm calling BS.

Rocketboy
08-10-2008, 12:06 PM
I am so disappointed.
I thought this would be a thread about a lion that found Christ and converted to Christianity...

CaptainSolo1138
08-10-2008, 12:18 PM
I was hoping this thread was about Kirk Cameron. :ROWWWWWRRRRR:

sith_killer_99
08-10-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't buy it. The "reunion" is filmed from multiple angles. This would require one or more cameramen (or at least multiple cameras). I don't see evidence of other cameras (as old as this footage is, they weren't compact enough to hide), and I have a hard time buying that there was a cameraman insane enough to tag along for this loony moment.

Not to mention he looks way too young to be head of a tribe... a position usually acquired via brute force, which he would've had very little experience with. In fact, he wouldn't have much experience hunting at all, so he'd probably be dead of starvation within a few weeks if we were really raised by non-professional people.

There is a LOT more to the story. For answers to all your questions and more read the follow up story here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25797678/

LusiferSam
08-10-2008, 12:53 PM

I pretty much agree with you Chux. But I have two things to add. First lions don't hunt. That's to say they can't or won't if need be, but in general lions don't hunt. Lionesses are the ones who hunt in a pride. A young lion could get into a pride and as long as him knows his place he's set.

That leads to my second thought. Unlike other cats (big or small) lions are pack animals. They form prides and have alphas. So there maybe pack mentality going on here. Still it looks staged to me.

sith_killer_99
08-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Well, as the link I posted pointed out:

The 2 females in his pride were also re-introduced into the wild. This accounts for much of the issues in question.

Here is a link to a much longer video:

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/campaigns/big-cats/about/christian-the-lion/

The females also accepted the visitors without incident. The 2 men who raised Christian (Ace and John) visited a few times and lost touch after a couple of years.

There is an 87 minute documentary on the entire thing here:

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/shop/acatalog/Videos_and_DVDs.html

I suppose the whole thing could have been staged, but it's kind of difficult to stage an 87 minute documentary filmed over 30 years ago, anything is possible.

2-1B
08-10-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't buy it.

Are you calling Meredith Vieira a liar ? :mad:

DarthQuack
08-10-2008, 08:11 PM
I liked their haircuts.

Rocketboy
08-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Are you calling Meredith Vieira a liar ? :mad:Just a cougar.

scruffziller
08-13-2008, 09:53 AM
I am so disappointed.
I thought this would be a thread about a lion that found Christ and converted to Christianity...

Worse yet, he was born into it.:Par:

Rocketboy
08-17-2008, 03:17 PM
What's up with that Christian Bigfoot? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p22BGJ6dXU)

sith_killer_99
08-17-2008, 10:38 PM
ROTFLMFAO....

That was way too funny!:D

El Chuxter
08-18-2008, 12:02 AM
I expected it to somehow end with the Patterson video. Still quite amusing. :thumbsup:

Tycho
08-18-2008, 04:09 AM
ROTFLMFAO....

That was way too funny!:D

Stop laughing! That's almost exactly what happened when SirSteve found me.