PDA

View Full Version : New Evolutions Sets

PAA_707
08-10-2008, 03:58 AM
Just got back from the 24 hour Wal Mart a lil bit outta town. Found some coo thangs, not exactly what I wanted, but it's coo.

I was hoping to finally find the Sith Evolutions, that I passed on many times, before I realized how much I wanted it. Anyhow what I did find though was the Sith Evolutions from Force Unnleashed with the Secret Apprentice, some Sith Lord(Looks very sicc), and soome Jedi Knight. Nice set but there are others I'd rather have. I hope it's not some special rarity.

What I saw that I did like though was the Jedi Legacy(Qui-Gon Jinn, Bultar Swan, Luke Skywalker), Rebel Pilot Legacy(Dorovio Bold, Wes Janson, and Ten Numb). Then there was the Imperial Pilot Legacy(Clone Trooper Pilot, Can't remember, heh heh, and then Biggs Darklighter in a black tie fighter suit. The Biggs Darklighter looked pretty dope if you ask me.

Anyhow I ended up getting the Jedi Legacy and Rebel Pilot Legacy. I saw a few people asking and wanting the Rebel Pilot, so I thought I might try and trade or sell it. I actually had 2 Jedi Legacy's in my hand. Even though I was going to open one I was being picky because the box was ripped. Some times I think I'm crazy.

Old Fossil
08-10-2008, 11:48 AM
I actually only just last night got that Rebel Pilots Legacy set you mentioned. It's probably the most satisfying Evolutions set I've purchased, as I like all three figures a lot, instead of just 2 out of 3.

Anyway, I was wondering about the Wes Janson figure. Is it entirely new? I do not recognize the torso sculpt from any other figure. It is really stellar and I hope they reuse it for other Snowspeeder pilots (Dack & Luke, mainly).

By the way, if anyone else here gets the set: Ten Nunb comes with 2 separate air hoses, packed in the accessories tray. I was at a loss as to where they fit on him, since his body only has 3 plug-ins for them. (There are no instructions.) But the image on the back of the box pretty much illustrates where they go -- the fourth plug-in is at the base of Ten's helmet! Very cool and clever of Hasbro's sculptors, and the result is a very detailed, very poseable figure.

All in all, I highly recommed this set. I have not seen the other Rebel Pilots set on shelves yet, but I am really not that interested in it. Looks like they used the same basic molds as Set I, but with different heads. (As Jargo said in another post, "milky, milky, milky!" lol

Devo
08-10-2008, 12:20 PM
I received the repack Fett Legacy, jedi legacy and the 2 Rebel pilot evolutions sets the other day.

All excellent sets, its probably easier and quicker to point out the few slight flaws -

The Fett helmets are too small, I'm thinking of swapping jango's head for the old saga arena (flamethrowing) figure that was attached by magnet. Likewise boba fett's head for that of a spare 300th Boba - and will likewise try to incorporate a magnet so as to retain 'articulation'. Really love the ESB paintjob on boba - looks much better than the VOTC figure. Though I have no particular use for the mandalore it is a cool figure also.

The jedi set is 3 out of 3 for me. I only wonder why Qui-gon is so pale but other than that he's cool, typically crap softgoods robe notwithstanding. Bultar is great and the Luke is, again of no particular use to me, but nevertheless a well done figure - even the headsculpt is decent and one of the least offensive ball-joint necks I've ever seen.

Far as I can tell the rebel pilots sets provide us with 3 new body sculpts which get reused between the sets - with different heads, paintjobs and helmets making the difference. And they are excellent figures - my only complaint is that the B-wing guys ten Numb and the redsuit guy have their necks too long. Some neck stalk shaving shall be in order. I'm delighted to finally get some dedicated snowspeeder pilots - lets hope their number gets increased. I'd like to see Luke being slightly shorter but I doubt they'll do another new sculpt.

DarkArtist
08-10-2008, 01:38 PM
i picked up all the new evo sets at MM and the day after and have to say i really like them.

the 2 Rebel Pilots sets are great and make excellent additions to my pilot army,plus the addition of female pilots is always a plus.

the Imperial Pilots set is another great set, love the Biggs (except for the helmet) and the 2 Clone pilots are a great addition as well, (big fan of multi-colored clones etc...the more the merrier).

Padme was hit or miss for me the ROTS Padme doesn't seem to want to stand for me and the hood for AOTC Padme really doesn't work for me.

the Jedi Legacy set, another great set, love the figures, the sculpts everything, just really wish they had some more accessories like hilts, cloaks, maybe Luke's shorto saber.

the Fett Legacy is just plain awesome, again would love to see more accessories.

the Sith Legacy was cool, Bane, Maul and Nihulus were great choices, again same thing with the Jedi Legacy sets they need to include the hilts with these figures

the Force Unleashed set was amazing and really makes me want to play the game today. i especially love the Sith Lord figure with all the lightsabers hilts on the belt, (just wish they were seperate pieces and not molded to the belt)

i just hope Hasbro continues the evo line and continues to pump out some really great figures for years to come.

Cane_Adiss
08-11-2008, 02:11 AM
I purchased all of the Evo sets just released except the Secret Apprentice, Imperial Pilots and Padme sets. I may yet get the Padme set tho.

The Jedi Legacy set (which I purchased months ago as part of the 30th ann. collection) was overall a great set, and probably contained the characters I was most interested in owning out of all the other sets. My only gripes with this one were Qui-Gon's pale complextion, too long neck and Bultar's sloppy face paint and less-than-movie-accurate coloring on her outfit. The Luke was pretty disposable, but is a great figure and hopefully not the last NJO figure we'll see.

The Legacy of the Sith set contained characters I never thought I'd see in plastic a few years ago. Nihilius wasn't a character I was familiar with, but he's an awesome concept and an even better figure. Very well executed overall. Bane was a character I was somewhat more familiar with, and his figure captures his look well. Even if he looks more like a Marvel supervillain than something from star wars. Maul was the real draw of this set for me, and I have little doubt we may see him single carded someday. His torso joint works well but looks a little odd. Once you get past that he's probably the best of the three. I bought this set with the Jedi set months ago, and this set is the better of the two overall.

Rebel Pilots 1 and 2 I bought really for one character in each. So I spent 15 dollars each for really just two figures. Oh well. All the figures in both sets are great though, and if your really into Rebel pilots these sets are obviously made just for you. Dorovio Bold, from what I understand, was a character cut from ROTJ. Feel free to set me straight on that if I'm wrong. Regardless her figure is nicely done, super articulated, good face sculpt and she's got some feminine looking stuff on her helmet which to be honest I think detracts from the look of the figure some. She shares her body sculpt with Cesi Eiriss (sp?) from set 2. Ten Numb was the real reason I bought set 1 and his figure turned out amazing. My only gripes are that his one hose doesnt stay in the hole on the left side of his body well, and that his neck looks too long without his helmet on.
The reason I bought set 2 was because I couldn't resist a Twi'lek rebel pilot. I actually thought she was male before I bought the set so I was suprised when I saw the package. She is a pretty good figure, but her head tail looks a little strange the way its wrapped around her neck. The rest of the pilots were great figures, but to me pretty disposable. I don't have a fleet of vehicles for them all to pilot so they serve little purpose other than sitting in a drawer. All the characters from the first set share their body sculpts with the characters from set 2.

The Fett legacy was a great set as well. I read reports of Jango's jumpsuit being an ugly lavender color, and it is somewhat, but it's not that noticeable. I love the Boba figure. Very well done. I like the hood they have him wearing under his helmet. One gripe I have is that his rocketpack doesn't stay on well like Jango's does. The Mandalore figure was a great inclusion, and one that may never have happened if not for a set like this. All the figures are well designed and great to look at on display. I can see the kids liking this set best out of all the ones released thus far. Jango is probably the best figure in this set, and was definitely the most in need of an update. Save for maybe Qui-Gon. I will probably never intentionally buy another Fett figure again after this set. I can't see Hasbro improving on these two any more in a way that will make me want to buy them again. But they probably will.

sebillba
08-11-2008, 06:37 AM
Rebel Pilots 1 and 2 I bought really for one character in each. So I spent 15 dollars each for really just two figures. Oh well.

Are these sets only $15 each?? I don't think I've ever seen any evo set at retail over here (apart from overpriced speciality shops), but I can usually get them online for around £20 each. I only wanted two figures from the second rebel pilots set, and one from the imperials set, so I got them from ebay for $12 each, which, with shipping, worked out about the same as one set for me.

None of them excite me too much, though I really like Ten Numb (we badly need Nien Nunb to the same standard), and the red B-Wing pilot is a nice figure. The snowspeeder pilots are ok, but their helmets are too big and have trouble staying in place. The face on my Wes was sloppily painted (faces painted with flesh tones is one of my pet hates, and seems to be getting more frequent in the SW line), and the other guy has a big adams apple which restricts head movement, so he is permantly looking up. Also, I would've preferred Dak to this guy.

I didn't get the twi-lek pilot.... I love aliens, but am sick of female twi-leks, so an EU one was an easy pass. And the only one I wanted from the imperials set was the ROTS pilot, but this disappointed... again, sloppy face paint, his shoulder joints are loose and floppy, and the chest plate is moulded in orange plastic, which still shows through the white paint. So not the upgraded figure I was hoping for.

I also got the Padme set (I got the Jedi, Fett and Sith sets some time ago, so don't consider these as new) - again, not very exciting, I just find her to be a really boring character, but the figures are nice enough. I reckon the AOTC one looks better with the cowl on, and I've displayed her with my sandstorm figures, which works pretty well IMO.

DarkJedi5
08-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Actually, I have a question for those who bought the Imperial pilots legacy set. Is the box on the front of Biggs removeable? The only reason I would buy this set was if I could swap his stupid helmet for one from the Barron Fel 2-pack so that he actually looked like a TIE pilot.

PAA_707
08-11-2008, 11:57 AM
So did anyone else see the Foce Unleased set with the Secret Apprectice, Jedi Knight and Sith Lord. I like it a lot, but I'd rather get actual movie characters before video game. I was told by someone though that all these video game figures are the rarest, and will end up being the most "collectible." Because they are first time releases. I hate how I have to buy one to keep in the box and one to open. Burnin holes in my pocket, heh heh.

Although I did finally find 1 Sith Legacy with the Maul, Bane and Nihlus. I had to get it at KB, but I was doing a return. I'm ****ed because they didn't have 2, so I have to wait to open it.

DarkJedi5
08-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Anyhow what I did find though was the Sith Evolutions from Force Unnleashed with the Secret Apprentice, some Sith Lord(Looks very sicc), and soome Jedi Knight.

From what I understand all three characters in TFU set are the secret apprentice. As he appears in the beginning and as he ends up (either Sith or Jedi) depending on how you play the game.

So did anyone else see the Foce Unleased set with the Secret Apprectice, Jedi Knight and Sith Lord. I like it a lot, but I'd rather get actual movie characters before video game. I was told by someone though that all these video game figures are the rarest, and will end up being the most "collectible." Because they are first time releases.

I doubt it will be more valuable. Shadows of the Empire stuff is valuable now in some cases, but the way some of TFU characters are sitting on pegs leads me to believe that these figs won't have some extra special value. In the long run the MCQuarrie figs will be way more sought after.

Ando
08-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Actually, I have a question for those who bought the Imperial pilots legacy set. Is the box on the front of Biggs removeable? The only reason I would buy this set was if I could swap his stupid helmet for one from the Barron Fel 2-pack so that he actually looked like a TIE pilot.

Yes, it's completely removable just like the Baron Fel figure.

I bought 2 of these the week before the street date and I only bought them for the Phase 1 clone pilot deco. The Biggs figures went directly into my scrap figure bin that I use for customizing. I kept the pistols, though. Those are cool.

Devo
08-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Something I hadn't realised about evolutions Boba Fett is that its actually a new sculpt. I assumed it was just a VOTC repainted in ESB colours but not so. Well done hasbro, I love this figure...even despite the helmet being too small in relation to the body.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-16-2008, 12:12 AM
spotted the Jedi Legacy one tonight with Qui Gon, Luke and somebody else; they all looked pretty medicore, especially QG and his wacky long a-- neck. I passed on that one.

Banthaholic
08-16-2008, 01:30 PM
I wondered why Hasbor gave us the E2 version of Padme in her evolutions pack, and wondered about the cloacked appearance. After watching Padme's entrance to Ziro's in the CW, I have to wonder, is this why we got this figure?

DarkJedi5
08-16-2008, 02:10 PM
What's the white hospital gown for? I got the set and it doesn't seem to fit well on any of the figures...?

Banthaholic
08-16-2008, 04:35 PM
What's the white hospital gown for? I got the set and it doesn't seem to fit well on any of the figures...?
I'd say the birthing scene from E3, though no action feature on this one

Mad Slanted Powers
08-16-2008, 06:06 PM
The only new set I've seen so far is the Padmé one. I can't recall if I've seen any at Wal-Mart. Target has just a couple Padmé sets left, but several of the Hoth Recon Patrol battle packs.

Qui-Long Gone
08-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I have yet to be smitten by these sets. It seems like there's usually one good figure and two wasted efforts. If they keep doing these sets I'd like to see one of Leia (ANH, Bespin, Jabba's palace), one for Kenobi (TPM, ROTS, ANH), and one for the NT troopers (storm, snow, biker)...

DarkJedi5
08-18-2008, 04:09 PM
I have yet to be smitten by these sets. It seems like there's usually one good figure and two wasted efforts. If they keep doing these sets I'd like to see one of Leia (ANH, Bespin, Jabba's palace), one for Kenobi (TPM, ROTS, ANH), and one for the NT troopers (storm, snow, biker)...

Well, they already said they were going to do an Obi set but decided to use the figs as anchors for three waves instead. They are supposed to be TPM, AOTC, and ANH. I think the ANH one will be coming out with the cantina aliens in a few waves.

NerfTW
08-18-2008, 04:45 PM
I wondered why Hasbor gave us the E2 version of Padme in her evolutions pack, and wondered about the cloacked appearance. After watching Padme's entrance to Ziro's in the CW, I have to wonder, is this why we got this figure?

It's from a deleted scene (script wise, it was never shot) where Padme does a bit more spy work on Geonosis, supposedly. There's a picture out there of Natalie Portman wearing it.

PAA_707
08-20-2008, 05:45 PM
One Evolution set I regret not scooping up is the Fett Legacy. It was sittin around for weeks on the shelfs, at Target and Wal-Mart. After I realized they weren't restocking them, I started to scoop up what I could find. Now the only one I've seen is Padme and another Jedi Legacy, which I already have. If I see that Fett Legacy i'll buy 2 for sure.

jedi master sal
08-20-2008, 06:01 PM
One Evolution set I regret not scooping up is the Fett Legacy. Shiet it was sittin around for weeks on the shelfs, at Target and Wal-Mart. After I realized they weren't restocking them, I started to scoop up what I could find. Now the only one I've seen is Padme and another Jedi Legacy, which I already have. If I see that Fett Legacy i'll buy 2 for sure.

Heh, it's CLOGGING up shelf space in my area. If you need help LMK.

-Sal

DarkArtist
08-21-2008, 01:11 PM
i want to pick up 2 more sets of the Imperial Pilots to army build the clones and have some extra TIE Pilot bodies for customizing.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Finally found the Imperial Pilots and the Rebel Pilots with Wes Janson at Fred Meyer earlier this week. Kind of hated to pay $22.99 for them there, but I figured I should get them while I can. I've not seen any new ones at Target for a while, just a beat of package of the Padmé set. I don't even see a spot for them at Wal-Mart unless they put them where the Battle Packs go.

Tycho
09-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Have people found the Rebel Pilots set with the Twi'lek female pilot, "Doc?"

That's the only one I want. My Wal-Mart has a stack of the one with Ten Numb.

Do you know that in the Rogue Leader comics, Ten Numb was captured and tortured to death by the Empire after the Battle of Endor?

Luke tried to get to him for a rescue, but he wasn't in time. In fact, in a devastating blow, he was only minutes too late.

An Imperial would-be warlord was trying to consolidate power on Corellia after Endor (and Bakura). He had a command of Shadow Stormtroopers (in Shadow Scout Gear). Corellia seemed to not have been liberated at this time. Luke was still Rogue Leader with Wedge as his second-in-command, but their failure seemed to signal to him that he should promote Wedge to team-leader and resign his duties to concentrate more on his Jedi training. Tycho Celchu became the new Executive Officer. Janson and Hobbie rounded out the highest ranks, where they continued to serve Rogue Squadron for years to come.

Wedge, born to Corellian parents, made it his personal mission as a native son to liberate the Core Worlds from the Empire. Tycho was from Alderaan, another Core World before its destruction.

Umbra
09-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Have people found the Rebel Pilots set with the Twi'lek female pilot, "Doc?"

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-3-75-Inch-Evolutions/dp/B000XUDJ0U/ref=pe_30340_10225180_as_txt_7/

in theory mine should be coming tomorrow

Bosskman
09-07-2008, 05:37 PM
I got the Rebel Pilots #2 (with the twilek) a month ago. The rearest of the evos methinks.

Tycho
09-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Well, they'll probably ship more to stores later on. I mean they want to make so much for each "packaged effort." However, right now the Fetts are just overloading a bin at my Toys R Us. At my Wal-Mart, it is like 8-10 Rebel Pilots Set #1 (with Janson Snowspeeder Gunner). Target is out-of-stock of all Evolutions sets.

At any rate, re-packaged Sith #2 set (Bane, Nihlus, shirtless Maul) could ship more, as could Padme, Vader's Apprentice, and the Jedi (Qui-Gon, Baltar, Luke).

The Anakin / Vader set and Sith #1 (Sidious, Dooku, regular Maul) have been out there in good numbers before.

Now the Imperial Pilots and Rebel Pilots # 2 need the greatest distribution.

They should do a 2nd Padme Evolutions:

TPM: Black Post-Senate
AOTC: Yellow Waterfalls Picnic Dress
ROTS: Silver Palpatine's Declaration of Empire Speech

I think the Purple Return to Naboo TPM outfit could sell well, carded.
The blue Palpatine's Office / Padme's Apartment Senator Outfit from AOTC could also go carded.
ROTS "Ruminations" scene Padme might also work carded

TPM would be all-covered with 2 more figures.

AOTC has a few to do though. The freighter and report to Queen Jamilla might be good for Evolutions though. By itself it's rather dull.

ROTS doesn't inspire many Padme figures. At least I don't want that many of them. The Senate, the birth of the twins, her hair in the Leia buns - those might be my priorities. She does look good with her hair down in the Ruminations scene though.

[UPDATE]: Another Evolutions set could be the Queens of Naboo:

TPM: Amidala in black or purple
AOTC: Jamilla
ROTS: Appelina (spelling)

Qui-Long Gone
09-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I'd go for evo packs the Skywalker family...

Pack 1: Anakin (aka AOTC), Luke (aka ANH, would someone please get this figure right?), and Ben Skywalker

Pack 2: Padme (TPM Tatooine), Leia (Jabba Slave), one of the Solo kids.

Ando
09-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Finally found the Imperial Pilots and the Rebel Pilots with Wes Janson at Fred Meyer earlier this week. Kind of hated to pay $22.99 for them there, but I figured I should get them while I can.

Keep an eye out for sales at Fred Meyer stores, MSP. I picked up an AT-TE at the Newport, OR store for $79.99 over Labor Day weekend. They had the Imperial Pilot Legacy EVO pack, but I passed. But at 20%, it would have been $18.39. Not bad.

And if you have a Rewards Card, you can use the rebates to bring the costs down.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Keep an eye out for sales at Fred Meyer stores, MSP. I picked up an AT-TE at the Newport, OR store for $79.99 over Labor Day weekend. They had the Imperial Pilot Legacy EVO pack, but I passed. But at 20%, it would have been $18.39. Not bad.

And if you have a Rewards Card, you can use the rebates to bring the costs down. Well, I've already bought them so too late for those packs. I've never spent enough at Fred Meyer to ever get any rebates. I think I've got enough for fuel rewards, but I always get my gas at ARCO. Outside of Star Wars stuff, which I usually get at Target or Wal-Mart, it's hard for me to spend $500 a quarter on mostly groceries.

Umbra
09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-3-75-Inch-Evolutions/dp/B000XUDJ0U/ref=pe_30340_10225180_as_txt_7/

in theory mine should be coming tomorrow

Alas, a fair warning to anyone who tried ordering through Amazon. I got my box today and happily cut it open, only to find, upon turning the evolution set over, that instead of the rebel pilots I wanted, someone had replaced them with an old Luke, and i think Wedge X-wing pilot, and a Han figure ;-; . Damn.

Ando
09-09-2008, 06:05 PM
That's just rotten!

jedibear
09-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Picked up that Imp Pilots set today...pretty cool.

Those Fett sets are sitting everywhere up here too...I think more collectors might've taken the bite if the Boba Fett had been "corrected" with the chest emblem...as it is, it's the same one.

I like the Padme set a lot...but if they were to do a second one (which is doubtful) I'd like to see the Episode One Naboo verision (resculpted with better articulation), Episode ll travel dress (with both the "disguised" headpeice and the gold one she had one meeting Queen Jamilla) and the Episode lll "peacock dress" (hold me like you did on Naboo). All three of those would be DOA on cards (at least the AOTC & ROTS ones would) but they would fill in some nice blanks in the collection.

I'd still like to see a second Jedi set featuring some of the EU Jedi along with the NJO ones...

Tycho
09-09-2008, 08:05 PM
While I'm known for being adamant that we get every Padme from TPM and AOTC, I don't care too much about her outfits in ROTS.

Here's the ROTS ones I really have to have:

1) Hair in buns like her daughter's from Anakin's return to the landing platform with Palpatine.

2) Padme in the silver senator's outfit from Palpatine's declaration of The First Galactic Empire speech.

The one from the "Ruminations" track by John Williams might be nice, but not altogether necessary. There is a blue dress I'd like better though - she has long gloves on - it is similar to her nightgown's look, but different. Padme wears this during Order 66.

The white birthing outfit might be a good idea, too. But I'd just planned to use her Mustafar figure for that scene.

I don't plan to make a scene of her funeral procession, so that's unnecessary to me. I mean, Hasbro would have to go so far as to make the whole Naberrie family. I don't see that happening, so a funeral Padme's not really necessary in my eyes.

Most of her other ROTS scenes are alone with Anakin, or the one with Obi-Wan before he stows away aboard her ship bound for Mustafar. I don't think any of her costumes stand out as much as did the yellow dress from her picnic with Anakin by the waterfalls on Naboo in AOTC. ROTS provided her with the least to do as a character, and the least impressive costumes. That was intentional though.

El Chuxter
03-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Wow. Just wow.

I needed some generic Clonetrooper and Pilot parts for a couple of custom figures. I picked up (finally) the Imperial Pilot Evolutions set for $10.99 at Ross, then found another two yesterday at TRU on sale for $10.98. I just opened one up.

Holy crap, this set is AWFUL! They honestly charged $25 for this pile of crap and geeks everywhere didn't burn down the Hasbro offices?

The only truly decent figure is the AOTC/Tartakovsky Clone Pilot. Too bad he's a repaint of an older figure. Also too bad that I have to take apart two of them (the other will be kept, since, Clonetrooper scum or not, I'll always have a spot in my collection for a Tartakovsky figure).

ROTS Clone Pilot, despite having some decent sculpting in the arms and head, pretty much sucks. He's grossly inferior to the 2005 version, which is really quite sad, since the 2005 figure wasn't up to the standards of the time. The head is permanently looking at the sky, so I guess he's either an earlier Cruisemissile pilot who had to look up due to the odd configuration, or he just wants to be a pilot and has to look at spaceships flying by. The mask simply full-on sucks. It doesn't fit, it's wonky, and it can't be taken off without taking off the entire head most of the time.

Biggs. This figure sucks so badly, it is making Benjamin Franklin cry in the afterlife. Never mind that makes no sense. The figure just is so bad it doesn't matter. Okay, in fairness, if he's holding his gun and helmet, he doesn't look too bad. But the holster is a joke, putting a freaking pistol almost up to his armpit, and the helmet is probably against some international treaty. It ruins what would otherwise be a pretty decent figure, being an oversized, mishapen pice of carp. I'm not even talking about the (admittedly stupid) open front. No, this thing is honking supermassive, and it cannot be displayed alongside other SW figures, unless maybe you put it next to a few of the weaker vintage figures to make them look better by comparison.

At $11 each, even having a use for all three phase-1 Clone Pilots, one Biggs body, and all the Biggs heads, this felt like a ripoff.

DarkJedi5
03-28-2010, 05:46 PM
The only truly decent figure is the AOTC/Tartakovsky Clone Pilot. Too bad he's a repaint of an older figure. Also too bad that I have to take apart two of them (the other will be kept, since, Clonetrooper scum or not, I'll always have a spot in my collection for a Tartakovsky figure).

Pretty sure the "Razor Squadron" pilot never appeared in the Tartakovsky show. The pilot I believe you're thinking of is the guy below, making this set even worse. Though I did have some success fixing the short-comings of the ROTS pilot buy placing the helmet in boiling water and jamming it onto his head so that the tubes and all fit better.

TheDarthVader
03-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Yes, that set really stinks.

El Chuxter
04-12-2010, 09:12 PM
I did a headswap between this TIE Pilot Biggs and the new AT-AT Driver, just to see if it would work. Surprisingly, the helmet, though still oversized, looks a trillion times better with the skinnier Jango head. Trouble is, the AT-AT Driver helmet doesn't fit too well on a Biggs head.

questorminator
05-08-2010, 05:11 PM
I just bought the Jedi Evolutions set (the 30th Anniversary package).

Personally, I love the set and although I am a collecting noob I couldn't help but notice a few things:

1. Qui Gon Jinn's neck is pretty long and his skin looks terribly pasty to. On top of that, his robe was too pointed and if you put the hood on, it doesn't resemble a jedi robe at all.

2. Bultar Swan. OK, so maybe there are thousands of other Jedi without the Skywalker last name or isn't named Obi-Wan Kenobi. But she seemed out of place in the set. Qui-Gon is the reason Anakin became a Jedi in the first place so that qualified him to be there. Luke Skywalker is THE Jedi in the Original Trilogy and the most powerful Jedi from the movies down to the expanded universe becoming a Grand Master too so he is part of this set by default. But Bultar Swan, seems the odd man (girl) here. Don't get me wrong, she deserves a figure, but as part of this set? Nah. But her figure was good though. She really looked like the actress, although her lightsaber is a bit loose. Oh and it would have been great if she had her own Jedi Robe.

3. OK, unlike some people who posted way before me, I loved the New Jedi Order Luke Skywalker. The head was sculpted better than my Death Star 2 Luke and I like his costume design. OK, so this costume was not seen in the movies and looked a bit odd on Luke, but it really reminds me a lot of Anakin's own robes when he was a Jedi. These are the robes he wore as the Grand Master of the New Jedi Order. The only problem I have is his lightsaber: it has the wrong hilt. The blade color is correct but the hilt was Luke's first lightsaber which was lost in Bespin. All EU materials show Luke using his Return of the Jedi lightsaber hilt. Needles to say, I am on the lookout for spare ROTJ lightsabers or maybe I'll just have to buy another Death Star 2 Luke or maybe the Battle for Endor Luke Skywalker so that I can "borrow" the lightsaber to make this set a little more accurate. Besides that (and the lack of his own Jedi Robe) this is my favorite Luke Skywalker figure....until the current Vintage Collection shows a better Luke Figure (I like the Bespin Luke in the first wave).

Next on my "to buy" list is the Fett Legacy which I think you all liked. ;);)