PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With Rex's Chin?

PAA_707
08-10-2008, 04:01 AM
Of course I have my 1st Day Rex that's staying sealed. But I was looking for one to open to add to my collection because I liked how his armor looks. Anyhow I went to 5 different stores in the past few days, and they actually all had a few Rex's. But every single one had this yellow stripe on his chin. Don't know from what because there really wasn't any yellow pain't on the figure.

After seeing it on every figure I finally said oh well if I want another one I'm gonna have to live with it. My sealed one has it as well, but ya know never noticed. So I copped it, but I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that.

Is it suppose to be a scar or something, or maybe a batch got a lil mismark.

Luuuuuuke
08-10-2008, 03:29 PM
I have a vague recollection that my Rex had some yellow coloring somewhere on the armor. But not on the chin, I don't think.

I'm surprised people aren't just pulling the 1st Day stickers and sticking them on figures they want with the 1st Day sticker. It's incredibly easy to do. I took the sticker from one of the figures I opened it and just put it on an extra Rex just for the heck of it(I'm not doing the 1st Day thing). You can't tell the difference. It's just a sticker!

PAA_707
08-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I have a vague recollection that my Rex had some yellow coloring somewhere on the armor. But not on the chin, I don't think.

I'm surprised people aren't just pulling the 1st Day stickers and sticking them on figures they want with the 1st Day sticker. It's incredibly easy to do. I took the sticker from one of the figures I opened it and just put it on an extra Rex just for the heck of it(I'm not doing the 1st Day thing). You can't tell the difference. It's just a sticker!

Yeah you're right, I had some 1st day doubles I exchanged today and tried it just for the heck of it. And it came of no problem, no mess, stuck it on an open package. Looked like it was suppose to be there.

I'm sure there are a lot of people doing that. I've seen peoople at the store try and rip the sticker, or only part of it comes off, haha.

I have extra stickers but I just don't feel right putting them on something it wasn't originally on. I don't think there is any different at all, but still I know me, I'm crazy and it'll eat at my brain.

I actually hunted down every 1st day foil possible except for two, Yarna and regular Darth Vader. I got screwed by .50 on an auction, so I'm still lookin for em.

PAA_707
08-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to say there is lil yellow marks on the armor as well, but it even shows those yellow marks in the pictures of Rex. But for sure I know a load have this like yellowish stripe on the chin. It's not very big. I know someone around here has one. Both of mine got it.

Luuuuuuke
08-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Well, know I'm going to pay attention to see if mines has that stripe on the chin. I have not noticed.

As for the sticker thing, I'm like you. I wouldn't feel cool about taking stickers from figures that I'm not buying. I guess my point is that this is one "treasure hunt" I really just don't get. At least with the others you either got a different colored little plastic figure or it came with a silver base(I didn't collect those either). But with this one, it's just a sticker. To me, first editions are only good with books or something like that. I kind of feel like it's just another case of Hasbro trying to manufacture even more hype.

Thunderbird
08-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Umm... you guys do relize the SW logo on the card is foil on the FDI figures also, not just the sticker.

Luuuuuuke
08-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Umm... you guys do relize the SW logo on the card is foil on the FDI figures also, not just the sticker.

Nah, I didn't notice. But that just shows how lame it is. If it's all in the packaging, it's lame-o. And if all you have to do to mess it up for a collector is peel away the sticker, then it's doubly lame.

Thunderbird
08-10-2008, 05:51 PM
How is it lame? Nobody says you have to buy it, but what sounds lame is that someone would peel off a sticker to fake something that it isn't. I'm actually glad it's just packaging. The last two years I bought both versions of the figures that were in the UGH just to get the extra pack ins that came with them. It was nice that I only had to buy one set of FDI figures insted of two because they came with some differtent accessory. I hope Hasbro keeps it this way from now on.

Back on topic, the mail in Rex has the yellow mark on it's chin as well.

Luuuuuuke
08-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Of course nobody says you have to buy it. I just think it's a cheap gimmick. Just my opinion.

As you, Thunderbird, wrote "It was nice that I only had to buy one set of FDI figures..." But that's the thing, you did NOT have to buy even one set of "FDI" figures because as you yourself wrote earlier no one has to buy anything. But that's the mentality, in my opinion, Hasbro plays around with when they do these "treasure hunts."

But I shouldn't be smarmy about it. I didn't mean to, maybe that's how I came across by calling the FDI stickers "lame."

ANYWAY, I'm not home right now so I can't check out the chin, but I imagine they either all have it then. I don't have my mail away so I haven't seen that one. It must just be a production thing. What's the yellow supposed to be, dirt?

Thunderbird
08-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Your right I didn't have to buy two set of any thing, but I choose to as a completist. I've been doing this a long time and to have a complete set of any figure lines I do have to buy many extra figures to have complete sets of the premiums.

I just think it's funny that so many people get mad at the "gimmicks", personaly I love 'em. It's things like this that can make a collection that much more impressive. I've had a lot of friends who have never seen a complete set of Freeze Frames loose and carded til they come to my house.:pleased:

And really isn't great that there are so many opptions for collecters these days. I mean think back to '95 and what was available then and look how far we've come:thumbsup:

BTW if you need a mail in Rex I have a few extra, and will be ordering some more before the offer expires.

PAA_707
08-11-2008, 12:28 PM

HOLY ****!!! AND I MEAN HOLY ****!!!! How could I never notice this. I always saw the foil writing on the STAR WARS, but for some reason I thought it was on all of them. Until I checked the only 2 I don't have in 1st DAY ISSUE, Yarna and regular Vader.

This definatley makes these even more special. I love this site always puttin me up on game teachin me thangs. I was constantly lookin for a Yoda & Kybuck 1st DAY ISSUE, until I got the Hasbaro list site, and realized only certain ones had 1st DAY ISSUES.

So boom between the Legacy and Clone Wars figures I just need the Yarna and Darth Vader 1st day foils, and I'm good to go. Even though I have two of each already. Thanks again bro, and I can't believe I never caught the difference.

Luuuuuuke
08-11-2008, 09:39 PM
BTW if you need a mail in Rex I have a few extra, and will be ordering some more before the offer expires.

Thanks, Thunderbird. I think I should be receiving mine soon. I ordered it kind of late.

By the way, I just noticed the mark on Rex's chin. If it's the horizontal not quite yellow mark, I think that's supposed to be a scar. That's what it looks like to me. Definitely doesn't look like yellow paint on mine. It's more of a lighter colored discoloration.

El Chuxter
08-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I made a point to look at some of these, and, yeah, there was this big yellow something on their chin.

Zit? Herpes? Who knows?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2008, 11:04 PM
You're talking about his actual chin, not the armor, right? Mine has a splotch of flesh-colored paint on his chin, but it's lighter than the rest of his face. It looks more or less like this (http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=72&pos=3), and my sneak preview Rex doesn't have the same thing (as far as I can remember, I may have to look again though). I don't know why this is; maybe he gets cut in the film or something.

bigbarada
08-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Soul patch?

RUSHBOY
08-11-2008, 11:52 PM
You're talking about his actual chin, not the armor, right? Mine has a splotch of flesh-colored paint on his chin, but it's lighter than the rest of his face. It looks more or less like this (http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=72&pos=3), and my sneak preview Rex doesn't have the same thing (as far as I can remember, I may have to look again though). I don't know why this is; maybe he gets cut in the film or something.

Chicks dig scars !! :laugh:

plasticfetish
08-12-2008, 06:13 AM
When I first saw this figure, I thought it was a paint error also, but after digging around, I saw that they all had that "mark" on the chin. I'm pretty sure it's a poorly painted scar.

And thanks to Topps trading cards (once again), I think we can just make out a scar on Rex's chin...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2008, 03:42 PM
When I first saw this figure, I thought it was a paint error also, but after digging around, I saw that they all had that "mark" on the chin. I'm pretty sure it's a poorly painted scar.

And thanks to Topps trading cards (once again), I think we can just make out a scar on Rex's chin...
Thanks for finding that! But I wonder why they'd paint that part but not the stubble?