PDA

View Full Version : New Battle Packs

PAA_707
08-10-2008, 04:12 AM
Another new thing I saw today was Attack on Corusant battle pack. It comes with 5 Clones. I was being picky once again because I wanted 2 packs. But I might go back and buy it anyway. Because 5 Clones for $20, $4 a piece, not bad. They have 2 different Jedi vs. Sith that are way better though. One is Sidious/Palpatine vs. Windu/Fiesto/Tinn/funny lookin Zabrak guy. Then the other one is Asaj Ventress, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Grievous, and there might be one more. But I would definatley like both of those. Very nice. I wouldn't mind winning that $1,000 gift card Wal-Mart has a contest for one their receipts. But we all know that's a big dream.

DarkArtist
08-10-2008, 01:48 PM
the attack on Coruscant set is cool set, i have 2 of them but the negative with that set is that the clones are repaints of the deluxe jet pack clone and not repaints of the far superior #41 SA Clone Trooper. still a cool set if you're into army building.

the Jedi vs Sith with Palpatine is just straight repacks of the ROTS figures, not really worth it to buy if you already have them from the intial release.

the Jedi vs Seperatists set is an alright set since you get a somewhat new sculpt of Anakin, at the time you got a decent Obi Wan in Clone Armor, and a repaint of Assaj Ventross.

the new battlepacks for both the Legacy Collection and The Clone Wars line are cool.

picked up the Speeder Bike Recon with 2 Barc Speeders and 2 Clone Troopers - cool set worth the $19.99 price tag also the Hoth Speeder Bike set is another cool set, the troopers look like kitbashed VOTC Biker Scouts and VOTC Snowtroopers and 2 speeder bikes to boot. i just really wish hasbro would use the molded handlebars from the clone wars speeder bikes were are far superior to the old Kenner mold.

haven't picked up the Probe Droid set yet, but that is next on the list, the sad thing is i really only want it for the R5 droid and the Probe, the rest of the set is a pass for me.

Old Fossil
08-10-2008, 09:53 PM
haven't picked up the Probe Droid set yet, but that is next on the list, the sad thing is i really only want it for the R5 droid and the Probe, the rest of the set is a pass for me.

You've got a good eye for those droids!... the Probe Droid has an excellent metallic finish lacking in the old POTF2 model I have stowed away somewhere. The R5 looks great, though the reddish dirt stains on his feet have me scratching my head. The K-3PO is a much needed upgrade to the POTJ version. I also got the set for the Han, since I did not have a decent Hoth Han (never opened my VTAC Han, and didn't get the WM Droid Factory Han w/R-3PO).

All in all, I feel it was $20 well spent!:thumbsup: