PDA

View Full Version : Issac Hayes.....rest easy soul man

scruffziller
08-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Just heard this on CNN. Blown away. First Bernie Mac a few days ago and now this.:cry:

DarthQuack
08-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm just in shock.....I'm afraid to ask who's going to be #3.

TeeEye7
08-10-2008, 04:15 PM
I'll always remember his performance on the Academy Awards when he appeared with all those gold chains......yes, kiddies, I am old! It was quite a sight!

Another unfortunate loss.

bobafrett
08-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Very sad, the first I ever heard of him was when he voiced "Chef" on South Park, I then learned of his musical talents. He will be missed.

El Chuxter
08-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Holy God! I just picked up his old greatest hits CD (the real one, not some cheap third-party knockoff) in a $2.99 bin at K-Mart yesterday! Hopefully it wasn't a cursed bin; if so, I killed Brian Wilson, too.

Seriously, though, this is a huge shock. He gave us the best line in pop music history: "Who's the black private dick who's a sex machine to all the chicks?" I don't care if he was 65, I expected him to be too frigging cool to ever die.

:cry:

CaptainSolo1138
08-10-2008, 07:46 PM
They're dropping like flies. (http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/10/hayes.obit/index.html) Kind of a shame. Like, kind of a lot. I always thought Isaac was a pretty stand up fella.

You'll be missed, you bad mutha.

DarthQuack
08-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Yea, heard about this earlier....surprised no had posted about this until now....very sad though... :(

CaptainSolo1138
08-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Yea, heard about this earlier....surprised no had posted about this until now....very sad though... :(
I was too. Though that damn Newsbot scooped me elsewhere.:mad:

Blue2th
08-10-2008, 08:04 PM
All this talent being lost lately. Why can't the idiots go first?

Maybe lately somebody up there needs some really good entertainment.

UKWildcat
08-10-2008, 08:04 PM
That Newsbot is somethin' else.

More saddening news, no doubt. :cry:

LTBasker
08-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Since they always come in threes, a friend and I have decided that based on Mac and Hayes' status as black celebs that randomly pop up for a gag, the next will either be Cedric the Entertainer or Eddie Griffin.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Can you play the "Theme to Shaft" on a harp? Mr. Hayes will be the one to do it.

Kidhuman
08-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Man, insane. R.I.P. Isaac

El Chuxter
08-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Y'know, I forgot he was like THE songwriter at Stax Records, responsible for all sorts of gems like "Soul Man" and "(Hold On) I'm Coming."

There's some racy language in this clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c), but this is possibly his best screen role (even moreso than Chef).

Rocketboy
08-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm getting a little worried here.
First Bernie Mac. Now Isaac Hayes.

In November both will appear in the movie Soul Men with...Samuel L. Jackson!
*crossesfingers* Please not Sam!

sith_killer_99
08-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Holy God! I just picked up his old greatest hits CD (the real one, not some cheap third-party knockoff) in a $2.99 bin at K-Mart yesterday! Hopefully it wasn't a cursed bin; if so, I killed Brian Wilson, too.

Seriously, though, this is a huge shock.

The bigger shock is that you would admit to buying a Brian Wilson CD.

He will be missed, even if he was a crazy Scientology nut towards the last few years of his life.

Rest in peace Mr. Hayes.

El Chuxter
08-10-2008, 11:09 PM
The bigger shock is that you would admit to buying a Brian Wilson CD.

So have figrin bran, plasticfetish, and (almost) JON9000.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=37676&highlight=smile

He may have gone nuts after Pet Sounds, but he's still one of the biggest musical geniuses this side of Isaac Hayes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Damn. I don't know much of his music, but I always love hearing him on repeats of South Park. He was one badass mofo. :cry:

Jargo
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
so is it true issac was a scientologist who recruited fresh 'ology victims in return for his daily bread and water? and the only reason he did south park is that he was bankrupt and had no choice but to take the job?

man, it's just another sorry assed end to the tale. still could be worse, he could have gone like Elvis did.

JEDIpartner
08-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Dead and by the treadmill. Sad. He brought a lot of joy into many lives over the years. I wish we hadn't learnt of his Scientological leanings. I kinda had bad feelings towards him the last couple years. *sigh*

Kidhuman
08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Whats even weirder is he just finished filming a movie with Bernie Mac.

CaptainSolo1138
08-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Dead and by the treadmill.That's why I stay as inactive as possible. My extreme lethargy won't allow for people to say, "Man, who'd've thunk?!" when I kick it from a heart condition. They'll just point and laugh, saying, "Jesus, it took this long?!" in between breathes.

I'm accelerating the process by burning a pack of heaters a day too. Thank God for my awesome metabolism. I can be lazy and maintain my svelte, girlish figure.

Blue2th
08-11-2008, 08:25 PM
That's why I stay as inactive as possible. My extreme lethargy won't allow for people to say, "Man, who'd've thunk?!" when I kick it from a heart condition. They'll just point and laugh, saying, "Jesus, it took this long?!" in between breathes.

I'm accelerating the process by burning a pack of heaters a day too. Thank God for my awesome metabolism. I can be lazy and maintain my svelte, girlish figure.

Same thing goin' on here. I can relate to that. :yes:

2-1B
08-12-2008, 05:24 PM
I maintain my svelte, girlish figure.

That's the spirit !

Keep 'em jiggly.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I get a Library Association catalogue, that sells various library items. I've bought a few "Read" posters, where notable people are pictured with a book they like, getting kids to want to read. I noticed that Bernie Mac isn't featured, but I'm sure the catalogue was printed before his death. Interesting; but you can still order it online.