PDA

View Full Version : My neighbour's house got struck by lightning!

pegger
08-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Seriously!

We had a big thunderstorm roll through - and the kids were freaking out. Then there a really bright flash - and loud bang. I said to my wife - "Wow - the storm must be right over us". About 2 minutes later - another neighbour was banging on my door - because the house across the street got hit with lightning (and was on fire) and my neighbour (whose house got hit) needed my help getting her kids to my house...

Their house didn't burn down - and the kids got to watch all the firemen, etc... but it was very surreal.

DarthQuack
08-10-2008, 08:23 PM
I remember about 8-10 years ago I was on vacation in the Adirondack Mtns, and I was in the cabin showering, when lightning struck a tree right outside the cabin, I remember how loud it sounded, I jumped right out of the shower, it scared the living hell out of me.

El Chuxter
08-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Don't strike me with lightning. My mother struck me with lightning once. Once.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-10-2008, 10:09 PM
On a lake trip to Big Bear once, I saw a lightning bolt hit the water. Later, we saw a duck hit an electric wire and get electrocuted. Coincidence? Yeah, probably.

El Chuxter
08-10-2008, 11:03 PM
I saw a duck punch a pregnant lady in the belly.

bobafrett
08-11-2008, 12:20 AM
We had lightning hit a tree outside my dad's place in Wisconsin, we had to spend half the day cuttting and cleaning up the debris, since it split the tree all the way into the ground, kinda like the wchicken walkers do in ROTJ, except no Ewoks to fall from the tree top..

mabudonicus
08-11-2008, 03:38 PM
when I was young our house got hit, but it got the lightning rod and somehow blew up our dryer- I was sleeping at the time so I didn't even get to hear it :(

Glad you're okay Pegger, and everyone else involved for that matter
:beard: Iso&Baws

Lightning freaks me out kinda