08-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Text copied/paraphrased from GH:
http://www.galacticblogger.com/blogger/?p=135

Legacy Figures
Baniss Keeg
Bom Vimdim
Danz Borin
Hrchek Kal Fas
ALL NEW Rebel Fleet Trooper (Variant Heads)
ALL NEW Bespin Guard (Variant Heads)
Dagobah Creatures Pack
Tatooine Creatures Pack
E-3PO
Han Solo Bespin
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Princess Leia Hoth Escape
Princess Leia Medical Frigate
Luke Skywalker Medical Frigate (Repaired & Damaged Hand)
Captain Needa
Toryn Farr (Hoth Evac Control)
Sim Aloo
Imperial Techs (Multiple Jumpsuits)
BG-J38
Boba Fett (Return of the Jedi)
Luke Skywalker (Death Star, Final Battle)
Oola (NEW SCULPT)
Kithaba
Wooof
Yoxgit
Ugnaught (2 PACK)

TIE Fighter
TIE Defender
The Death Star (phase one)
Juggernaught Turbo Tank (keep in mind that this is thundering down the road, it won’t be here tomorrow)!
There may even be a nice Dagobah playset on the way if the stars align.

-end copied text

obi-dad
08-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I just happen to see this about an hour ago. I haven't been as regular a visitor to GH lately, but this was a NICE surprise. I just hope most of this turns out to be true and coming in the next 6 months instead of 18 months.

There are just too many great figures to list the ones I'm especially psyched about! :thumbsup:

Ando
08-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I will definitely be saving up for 2-4 of the Turbo Tanks.

El Chuxter
08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Awesome! More Rebel Fleet Troopers, a resculpted Oola, and Boba with whatever minor glove difference makes him ROTJ Boba! That's at least $14 I can save.

obi-dad
08-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Finally… I see a new Legacy TIE Fighter and a TIE Defender.

Makes me wonder. I'm happy with just the new wing sizes on the TIE Fighter. But, I liked the grey wings the best. I'm curious if they are redoing the cockpit or what here.

Devo
08-11-2008, 02:12 PM
That looks too good to be true - thats part of a 2 year plan at least surely.

bigbarada
08-11-2008, 02:15 PM
This list is almost too good to be true. Definite buys for me:

Baniss Keeg
Bom Vimdim
Danz Borin
Hrchek Kal Fas
Oola (NEW SCULPT)
:love::love:Kithaba!!!!!:love::love::thumbsup::D:c ool::yes::pleased::)
Wooof
Yoxgit
Ugnaught (2 PACK)

I wonder what they will do differently with the TIE Fighter this time around?

obi-dad
08-11-2008, 02:22 PM
That looks too good to be true - thats part of a 2 year plan at least surely.

These are the figures that Hasbro has on their good-to-go list, and you will see them in the next 18 months. (Please note that we do not get our information from retailer lists or DPCI codes, but from sources who cannot be named.) They live in dark alleys and live disreputable lives smuggling spice.

So, it's not just a one year plan.

pegger
08-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I've excited about the figs - and would buy all of them (except Boba) I've got all 3 TIEs now (with the big wings) - I won't be buying any more. The only thing they could really change is add electronics - but that won't make me buy it.

Now - a resculpted TIE Interceptor.....

TIE Defender - cool!

Beast
08-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Several of the Empire Strikes Back figures were on Scum's list a while back.

So I think they're at least likely. Nice list though, and some likely choices.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Several of the Empire Strikes Back figures were on Scum's list a while back.

So I think they're at least likely. Nice list though, and some likely choices.
Yep, many of these have been at least rumored for a while. I wonder what the creatures pack would be? Could be cool, if done well and in scale. And what does "phase one" mean?

A cool list, though I won't get excited just yet. Unlike RS's lists, this guy isn't always right. (For that matter, RS's recent lists have been somewhat spotty.)

Jargo
08-11-2008, 03:13 PM
creatures pack i guess could be a repack set like the geonosis arena creatures. with say a Ronto, Eopie and a Dewback. or it's a smaller set like a critters pack with Womprat, Scurriers, and erm, Nuna's. My bet lies with the repack idea though.

likewise i reckon the dagobah creature set would be a couple of bogwings from the complete galaxy globe and the dragonsnake from the dagobah x-wing.

death star phase one will be the rumoured multi-phase playset/environment. three or four sets that fit together. something like that. it's been on rumour lists for about a year now.

and the list sounds quite cool. plenty of tatooine characters to keep me happy. like the sound of Imperial tech's. would fit into my tatooine garrison.

i'd lay down the cash for a fair bit from that list.

jedi master sal
08-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Wow this thread shot up to two pages quickly. Just goes to show we still highly desire characters from the movies, OT to be specific. Well, now that I actually have a few minutes to post which ones I want, here goes:
1 of each...there, easy! heh heh.
Seriously though I WILL get one of each and an extra of some of the aliens for customs. I'm glad to see the variant heads of some troopers.

I have no clue what will be in the Dagobah Creatures Pack. Just a bunch of snakes and the swamp monster...
Now as to the Tatooine Creatures Pack, I'm hoping for the final USA release of the Eopie. I have one already but sure would like 2-3 more.

It's about time we get Medical Frigate Luke and Leia. That's about the last movie outfit that we haven't seen yet done as figures. Now if only Hasbro would release a Titanium Medical Frigate to go along with that wave.....wink wink...

Whoo-hoo Toyryn Farr. She's my most wanted ESB figure, so I'm VERY happy to hear this, if it turns out to be true.

BigBarada, I'm happy for you getting Kithaba. I'll get a couple of him myself (hopefully he's SA).

I'll most likely pass on the TIE fighter. Just will NOT pay $35-40 for this. It SHOULD be a $30 or less ship by now!
Ok, I'm slightly drooling at the idea of getting a TIE Defender.

Hmm, the Death Star (phase one), very curious indeed. Sounds much like a plan I've outlined several times....I'll have to see it first, but most likely I'll get it, especially if it's on par with the BMF with regards to details/sculpt/electronics, etc.

Yes the Juggernaught Turbo Tank! That is one of the BIG THREE for me. Since the BMF and AT-TE have finally been made, the Turbo Tank, Sailbarge and BMF Sandcrawler have now shot up to the top of the list of large sized vehicles I want to get. Likely I'll only get one of the Turbo tanks though. It's really only seen on Kashyyyk and I won't have need of multiples for it.

Still this is all promising news. Let's HOPE it's true. If so, the OT looks like it's getting more than a dash of respect in within the next 18 months.

I still want some sort of Rebel Transport ship/playset/carry case but if it means waiting to get these first, I'm totally cool with it.

-Sal

sebillba
08-11-2008, 03:31 PM
OMG! Bom Vimdin!!!!:love::D Bannis Keeg!! Hrcheck Kal Fas!! Wooof!! Kithaba!! Yoxgit!! Ugnaughts!! Finally, some rumours I can get excited about!! There's a lot of figures there, including a few stinkers, but if it's true about these first few, I won't be complaining. Heck, as long as we get Bom Vimdin, I won't complain about anything.

TheDarthVader
08-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Hello!!! Didn't You Guys See: The Death Star: Phase One. Wow!! I Hope Thats True!!!!

Jargo
08-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Death Star phases do not interest me Admiral. I want those creature sets!

oh and if the dagobah playset/environment backdrop set piece is gonna happen maybe, I guess the dagobah creatures would pretty much be the dragonsnake and bog wing. aside from a snake or two and a lizard thing, there were no other creatures on dagobah. well not already created as action figures by hasbro and ready to be shoved in a box and called an exclusive anyway....

Ando
08-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Hello!!! Didn't You Guys See: The Death Star: Phase One. Wow!! I Hope Thats True!!!!

It depends on the scope of the different set pieces and how many they plan to do in the long run.

If they make a hangar set that can hold the BMF, *THEN* I'll get excited...

I'm mostly excited about the Juggernaut. The AT-TE proves they know how to do a big Clone Wars war machine right. I'd also love to get an AT-OT or a Trident, but those will probably not happen for a while if ever.

dindae
08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
This would be a cool list and given the amount of real options left for OT I could see it in the next two years. But like JabbaJohn said these lists are sketchy. I would definenately buy all the new figures. Depending on the sculpts I may pick up a few of the resculpts. I won't buy the TIE or TIE Defender. I have too many TIEs and the TIE Defender is EU and I'm passing on EU vehicles now.

Umbra
08-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Figure wise, nothing really jumps out to me as must have beyond Oola, though i await to see pictures for the main characters and the ones with varients.

Surprisingly its the Vehicles that have got me interested, and i had almost managed to forswear them too. If the Defender is true i'll pick it up, and i'll be taking a close look at the redesigned TIEs, Also, whens the Lucky Lekku coming out? >>

The death star as a seres of interconnecting playsets might catch my eye too, as I really do want to do some scene setups when i get space...the decade more that'll probably take x_x.

Ando
08-11-2008, 04:39 PM
[quote=Umbra;632666] Also, whens the Lucky Lekku coming out? [quote]

I think it's officially supposed to be out in November, but the Wal-Marts in Portland are SUPER flaky with their exclusives. I may have to drive to Salem to get it unless they mercifully decide to put it on the website.

El Chuxter
08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I believe nothing until I see pics from Hasbro.

You should all do the same. It'll save you a lot of stress.

Qui-Long Gone
08-11-2008, 04:54 PM
This is an excellent rumor list, and if that's as far as it gets it's enough to keep me interested even though I keep debating to finish collecting.....

:thumbsup:

Instead of Degobah creatures, I could sure go for a Death Star trash compactor set (like the old days:love:)

Beast
08-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I believe nothing until I see pics from Hasbro.

You should all do the same. It'll save you a lot of stress.
Yeah, just like how the list from Rebelscum turned out to be 100% correct.

Most of the time Scum is right on the money. Cause of his connections.

And a number of figures on the list from GH were on Scum's other list.

Old Fossil
08-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Well I'm definitely down for

Baniss Keeg
Bom Vimdim
Danz Borin
Hrchek Kal Fas

Tatooine Creatures Pack

E-3PO (bye bye TC!)
Han Solo Bespin
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Princess Leia Hoth Escape
Princess Leia Medical Frigate
Luke Skywalker Medical Frigate (Repaired & Damaged Hand)
Captain Needa
Sim Aloo

Ugnaught (2 PACK)

And possibly, depending on what it looks like:

The Death Star (phase one)

Glad to see ANH and ESB gettin' some love, especially Bespin.

I could care less about the Jabba's Palace dudes.

El Chuxter
08-11-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm not saying it won't be correct. I'm just not about to get my hopes up until I see evidence. At this point in the game, with all that's been made, I could personally come up with a rumor list of 26 OT figures coming out within the next year and at least 1/2 of them would probably be right. :)

But there are several I would be excited about if I wanted to. :D

Devo
08-11-2008, 11:29 PM
At this point in the game, with all that's been made, I could personally come up with a rumor list of 26 OT figures coming out within the next year and at least 1/2 of them would probably be right. :)

My thoughts exactly. And I want most of these guys but their release will be over a greater period of time than simply reading a list such as that would tease your mind into believing. There'll be Darth vader rehashes occupying precious slots in each wave, just pushing that medical frigate Luke back and back till 2010, so it seems no more useful to read and get excited about a list like that as it is to list off every background character yet to be done and call them 'rumoured'.

Mind you *dismounts from his high horse* - damned if that list doesn't excite me!

Phantom-like Menace
08-12-2008, 12:16 AM

I might get some of these, but I doubt it. Rebel Army building really isn't my thing.

E-3PO

I've recently started trying to make sure I get all of the protocol droids, so I'm sure I'll pick it up.

Han Solo Bespin

Bespin has always been my favorite look for Han, so if it's an improvement over the most recent one, I can see myself getting it.

Captain Needa

As with protocol droids, I've been trying to get more Imp officers, so if I see it, it'll be mine.

Definitely. Can't have too many women.

I might need ground crew for the shuttle?

Boba Fett (Return of the Jedi)

I can sometimes be a sucker for Boba, so it's possible.

Ugnaught (2 PACK)

Possibly. I've never been too attached to them, but I don't have any loose, and it's bothered me from time to time.

TIE Defender

Abso-smurfly! I've loved the Defender since I first saw it.

Juggernaught Turbo Tank

Always bank on my getting vehicles for my Grand Army.

What's really funny, is that if this list is confirmed, and some of these figures that people have been asking for for years are made, we get to read all the posts about how Hasbro must be ready to end the line, because they're finally making them.

Devo
08-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Han Solo Bespin

Bespin has always been my favorite look for Han, so if it's an improvement over the most recent one, I can see myself getting it.

A bloody big improvement its gonna have to be too since the last one was a step down from POTJ.

I'd like to nominate the VOTC Han as the mould I hope breaks down next so those bandy legs don't get inflicted on us yet again.

obi-dad
08-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Well, if it turns out to be true, I'll get all of the figures, with multiples of the Rebel Fleet Troopers, Bespin Guards & Imperial Techs. Possibly 2 Toryn Farrs if she actually comes with the Hoth Evac Control. Depending on what exactly the Creature Packs are, I may pass on those. The only thing I can think of that I would be excited about is an Eopie. Depending on what the TIE Fighter is, I'll get multiples, but probably pass on the Defender. I would be totally psyched about the DS playset, if it turns out as well done as the interior of the Falcon. Luckily, with all that, I can pass on the Turbo Tank.

bigbarada
08-12-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm not saying it won't be correct. I'm just not about to get my hopes up until I see evidence. At this point in the game, with all that's been made, I could personally come up with a rumor list of 26 OT figures coming out within the next year and at least 1/2 of them would probably be right. :)

But there are several I would be excited about if I wanted to. :D

Back in 2002, it was a full time job just to get people to understand that Kithaba and Barada were two different characters. It was even harder to get people to understand that the alien standing directly behind Luke on the skiff wasn't Barada, but actually Kithaba.

Barada is only visible for a fraction of a second during the battle, but Kithaba is easy to spot because he is right over Luke's shoulder. Other interesting notes: Kithaba is the first Skiff Guard to actually take a swing at Luke, he's also the first to get knocked off the skiff. However, he is the last person that we see getting eaten by the Sarlacc.

I'm just overjoyed to see that Kithaba has actually made it onto the rumor lists. It's taken 6 years to get this far, so if I have to wait another couple of years for the actual figure, then that's no big deal.

Cane_Adiss
08-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Wow. Alot here to get me really excited!

Baniss Keeg, Bom Vimdin, Hrchek kal Fas, and Danz Borin: Well, I can't get enough of the cantina characters, and with 4 coming early next year they could all easily make the Tatooine wave for 2010. Maybe sooner! Still holding my breath for Leesub Sirln, Tzizvvt, Solomahal and of course the Tonnikas.

Tatooine Creature Pack ~ well, I thought about this and I've hypothesized that since this rumor list was all OT that this pack would be all OT as well. I'm guessing (hoping) it will include Attark, Worrt and the Rock Wart, all from Jabba's Palace. All are small critters, and although Attark is sentient I guess he could be considered a "creature". This would make sense for the basic line as opposed to a larger set featuring multiple beasts although I'd like a shot at an Eopie eventually.

Dagobah creature pack ~ This will probably include the Dragonsnake, a new Bogwing, and maybe some snakes and lizards. Can't wait to see for sure what will be coming in these creature sets! What we really need is an all new Dianoga in the basic line. I'm sure it would sell as a stand alone figure.

BG-J38, Wooof, Kithaba, Yoxgit, Oola (and from an earlier report) Fozec: Would definitely jump for all of these, especially BG and Yoxgit. This would make a great Jabba's palace wave, although I have a hard time believing that this many JP characters would be released at once. Maybe 4 in one year and 3 in another like we just got (Yarna, Bane Malar, and Ak-Rev) if you include my Attark prediction. Still holding out hope that Hasbro will get Cane Adiss figured out like they did Dice Ibegon and release him sooner than later!

As for the Bespin Guard (w/ head variants), I really hope this means we will be getting Utris M'toc. Though I'd like him to be named on the card, if this is the only way we'll see his figure than I'll take it. Been waiting for him for years!

And for the major characters and various Imperials, Rebels and droids, I'm glad they're being done as they're really the thing keeping the line alive. I can see kids going for Han, Luke and Leia and even Toryn Farr before wanting a Bom Vimdin, Yoxgit or Oola.

Tycho
08-12-2008, 03:13 AM
I'm going to buy:

1 Baniss Keeg
6 Bom Vimdim
? Danz Borin (I have to look this one up)
9 Hrchek Kal Fas
? ALL NEW Rebel Fleet Trooper (Variant Heads)
2-3 ALL NEW Bespin Guard (Variant Heads)
(at least) 1 Dagobah Creatures Pack
5 Tatooine Creatures Pack
(possibly 1) Han Solo Bespin
1-5 Hoth Rebel Soldier
(possibly 1) Princess Leia Hoth Escape
1 Princess Leia Medical Frigate
1 Luke Skywalker Medical Frigate (Repaired & Damaged Hand)
1 Captain Needa
1 Toryn Farr (Hoth Evac Control)
1 Sim Aloo
4 Imperial Techs (Multiple Jumpsuits)
1 BG-J38
(possibly 1) Luke Skywalker (Death Star, Final Battle)
(at least) 2 Kithaba
2 Wooof
? Yoxgit (I have to look this one up)
1 (or more) Ugnaught (2 PACK)

(definitely if this is going to be as cool as it sounds!) The Death Star (phase one)
1 Juggernaught Turbo Tank - like Sal, I only need this for a Kashyyyk diorama

(if the stars align...then 1 or more to make a big bog) There may even be a nice Dagobah playset on the way if the stars align.

Oh, and however the Eopie resurfaces, I need 5 of them.

2 for trekking through Mos Espa with the parts that Anakin won for Qui-Gon (in the offscreen scene where Padme, JarJar, and R2 must have returned to the starship with Qui-Gon by taking the Eopies through town.

2 for the Podrace Hanger.

1 for Obi-Wan bringing the baby Luke to Aunt Beru on the homestead.

Devo
08-12-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm going to buy:

1 Baniss Keeg
6 Bom Vimdim

9 Hrchek Kal Fas

I credit you (or curse you?:p) for having inspired my own collecting style of buying multiples of particular characters so as to replicate as many films scenes as possible simultaneously - but even I can't think of what you'd do with 6 Bom Vimdins and 9 Hrchek kal fas!! And why so many of them but only 1 Baniss keeg? Eccentric buying choices you have :D I buy multiples of core characters and occasionally multiples of background characters who appeared in multiple scenes. Probably the most of any one background guy I have is Lobot. I've got 4 of him (freezing chamber, bespin dinner confrontation, outside torture room and capturing stormtroopers). I've thought of buying 2 of each jabbas palace alien for the hypothetical sailbarge but I'd have to backtrack and scour the web for figures no longer on the market plus Hasbro keep saying the sailbarge is unlikely (though we know they've misdirected us before).

Edit - on 2nd thoughts Tycho I know why you only want 1 baniss keeg - you must have bought a lot of ellors madak so your duros needs are already fulfilled.

obi-dad
08-12-2008, 03:41 PM
but even I can't think of what you'd do with 6 Bom Vimdins and 9 Hrchek kal fas!! I was wondering the exact same thing

Hasbro keeps saying the sailbarge is unlikely (though we know they've misdirected us before).

Hasbro??? misdirect us? Nah... never! :D

Tycho
08-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Edit - on 2nd thoughts Tycho I know why you only want 1 baniss keeg - you must have bought a lot of ellors madak so your duros needs are already fulfilled.

Correct. I actually resent it that NOW, after 7 years (since Ellors Madak), they're going to give us Banis Keeg. I put a Leia Collection / Luke Ceremony jacket on the Duro and I have my Banis Keeg. That's nearly identical to what Lucas did in '76 anyway. So I may not even buy 1 Banis Keeg - just depends on how good the figure turns out.

I credit you (or curse you?:p) for having inspired my own collecting style of buying multiples of particular characters so as to replicate as many films scenes as possible simultaneously

Thank you.

- but even I can't think of what you'd do with 6 Bom Vimdins

1) The comic "The One Below" was a end-page featurette in the back of the very first Star Wars On-going Series that came out around the time of The Phantom Menace. (What you could view as "Republic 1-6") Jedi High Council Member Yaddle fights an Advoze who resembles Bom Vimdim at least slightly. I thought that would be cool - giving Yaddle a fight, and displaying a new alien if they ever made him (Bom Vimdim).

2) Mos Eisley Cantina

3) Mos Espa - why not?

4) Coruscant - the streets outside Club Outlander - why not?

5) Coruscant - during the battle with Xizor in Shadows of the Empire - why not?

6) extra alien for use as population filler where and when it's appropriate.

I thought about the podrace, but I think I have my grandstand filled. There might be an Advoze around Jabba as well. I'll have to rewatch ROTJ for those scenes and look for that alien.

and 9 Hrchek kal fas!! And why so many of them

Mos Eisley
Jabba's Palace
Jabba's Sailbarge
Mos Espa
Podrace grandstands
Coruscant streets
refugee freighter bound for Naboo
Coruscant streets during SOTE
refugee fleeing the Yuuzhan Vong (maybe)

I buy multiples of core characters and occasionally multiples of background characters who appeared in multiple scenes.

With so many resculpts and variations these days, improvements too, I got cautious doing this. In the old days, KENNER had one Chewbacca mold and they re-issued him on SW, ESB, ROTJ, and POTF cards. Now there's action features, pre-posing, weapons variants, you name it. So when Qui-Gon came out and I knew I'd use like 30 of him, I didn't just run out and buy 30 Jedi Duel figures. I utilize a lot of different Qui-Gons to get up to that count. Darth Vader is another character with which you can easily face that situation.

Probably the most of any one background guy I have is Lobot. I've got 4 of him (freezing chamber, bespin dinner confrontation, outside torture room and capturing stormtroopers).

I buy in exactly the same manner. But I think I only chose 2 Lobots: freezing chamber, and Bespin dinner confrontation. I'm not going to expand my torture scene to the outside of the chamber. I wasn't going to do the scene in the first place, but they actually made Han. So I resolved to just keep it simple with Vader and 2 troopers. Capturing more stormtroopers didn't interest me, so I let that one slide.

I've thought of buying 2 of each jabbas palace alien for the hypothetical sailbarge but I'd have to backtrack and scour the web for figures no longer on the market plus Hasbro keep saying the sailbarge is unlikely (though we know they've misdirected us before).

I've always bought for a sailbarge and have a box of figures that go all the way back to the 1995 Chewbacca that I have waiting to be on one of the skiffs. 1996 figures include Luke Jedi and Han Carbonite. At least Chewie might be replaced with a more appropriate modern update (the sandstorm Chewie - though he wouldn't be bandaged by that point, would he?)

But anyway, I intend to make my own Sailbarge if Hasbro won't do it in the next couple of years, or they make it and it's not to my satisfaction for what I want to be able to display.

Jargo
08-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Ok so we know that Brainiac, Trinto Duaba w/ Dice Ibegon, Wioslea, Lars Homestead entrance dome w/ Womprat, Sarlacc w/ skiff, Jawa w/ droid and the buildable R2-N6 (AOTC - Mos Espa) on the way.

Then we're supposedly getting Bannis keeg, Bom Vimdim, Danz Borin, Hrchek Kal Fas, Kithaba, Wooof, Yoxgit, Oola, BG-J38 and a Tatooine creature pack.

I just want to say do it. I will buy any character from tatooine you care to make from Greedo to the last background extra in the podrace scenes. I will buy it. landspeeders, creatures, environments, droids, i'd even buy a bag of dwarf Nuna's if you made it.

I want to be sceptical and cynical but my little heart so wants the little toys I'm going to be nice. Dear Hasbro, please could i have the nice tatooine figures thank you muchly.

wuv yoooooooooo........

Devo
08-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Ah. My area of interest is now purely film accurate scenes from the OT - so that rules out having any need for extras for EU, PT or my own imagined 'offscreen' OT scenes. I also just wait for Hasbro to make figures rather than customising so for example I didn't double up on Ellors madak, knowing that hasbro will eventually make their own bannis keeg - likewise the Saurin from the cantina versus the saurin in jabbas palace - they're different 'characters' so I'll wait for them each to be officially made.

When multi-buying core characters I ensure I really like the version I'm buying for a start. If I can't foresee Hasbro doing a better version I get a set amount. Chewbacca is a case in point. It seems to work out because even with every extra chewie I end up with from multipacks etc I seem to think of another scene to set up - I'm using every variation of chewie they've made except the short ones. Hasbro did some pretty terrible core characters in 07 though so I've held off when not happy with the figures - such as TAC jabbas palace luke and the Bespin Han - however we at least had the 2004 jabbas palace luke and POTJ Bespin Han to fall back on, so I'm still using those.

RE: the cloud city torture scene - I wasn't going to do that scene either, there seemed no point without the torture rack, but then of course Hasbro made it.

Tycho
08-13-2008, 12:47 AM
The rumor list suggest a new Bespin Han is coming out. That figure might be useable in the torture rack, and additionally, he may look great in the BMF.

obi-dad
08-13-2008, 09:04 AM
My thoughts exactly. And I want most of these guys but their release will be over a greater period of time than simply reading a list such as that would tease your mind into believing. There'll be Darth vader rehashes occupying precious slots in each wave, just pushing that medical frigate Luke back and back till 2010, so it seems no more useful to read and get excited about a list like that as it is to list off every background character yet to be done and call them 'rumoured'.

I'm still excited as hell about this list, but thinking about it more, I gotta agree with Devo... whip it good!:whip: Sorry... I'm still tired. No, the point is, there are going to be core characters coming out with every wave and I'm sure a resculpt or two. Especially with the Cantina, there are a multitude of figures with just 6 points of articulation and outdated sculpts. I'm sure Hasbro will stretch out giving us new characters and that list has too many never before made figures. Maybe by 2011/12, but again, I'm sure there will be heroes and resculpts in these waves, pushing it out further than just 18 months. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-13-2008, 09:37 AM
There are 26 figures on the list in the first post. That is only about half of a typical year of figures, so it wouldn't be a stretch that this many new figures could be out by 2010.

obi-dad
08-13-2008, 01:36 PM
There are 26 figures on the list in the first post. That is only about half of a typical year of figures, so it wouldn't be a stretch that this many new figures could be out by 2010.

Looking at the list again, you're probably right. There are 9 that are modern resculpts and 3 Vintage resculpts, so I guess that it's really not that big of stretch to believe they will all be made by 2010. I really hope so.

JON9000
08-13-2008, 02:27 PM
I'll probably pick most of these up. I am most excited about a decent Bespin guard, finally. A couple of Fleet Troops would be cool as well.

Banthaholic
08-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Sign me up for at least 1 of each

cookiemonster
08-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Want all of them now, lol.

Gothiczartan
08-21-2008, 08:13 PM
after luke in medical with replacement hand has been made and the SA jedi luke (correct tunic) too.

let's hope for the remaining luke figures get made that has not yet made or resculpted.

luke snowspeeder pilot possibly a retooled wes janson figure with a new torso and upper legs and make a great rebel pilot legacy series in evolution packs.

did we see a new x wing pilot on the hasbro pannel that will come with another figure with a small vehicle that carried the pilots in ANH? will the new pilot be a new sculpt or a retooled luke x wing pilot figure I saw another alien pilot that will come with a female alien pilot figure.

will wedge have the luke x wing mold?

luke in medical robe after the bacta tank scene, with a mask and luke new head with healed scars and a bed.

Jabbapalacespy
08-21-2008, 10:25 PM
If this list proves true I will be very happy, especially for any characters out of Jabba's palace, since that is my favorite scene. :love:

Wooof has been confirmed in the last Hasbro Q&A and that was one of the characters I've been wanting for a long time. :D I would really like a new Oola since they will hopefully make her with knee joints and she will actually be able to sit on Jabba's throne. They made Yarna super articulated so surely they'll do the same with Oola now. I also welcome any cantina characters. Once I finish my Jabba the Hutt diorama I'm going to make the cantina scene.

DarkJedi5
08-27-2008, 08:37 PM
That otheR Site has posted a new rumor list and there's some pretty good stuff (if I do say so myself)....

Basic Figures AOTC wave 2009

Anakin Skywalker #1
Anakin Skywalker #2
Beru Lars
Captain Typho
Clone Trooper
Jango Fett
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Own Lars
Tarados Gon

Battle Packs

Geonosis Assault
Outer Rim Ambush
Search for R2-D2

Evolutions

Imperial Pilots Legacy #2
Rebel Pilots Legacy #3
Evolution of the Commandos

Jargo
08-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Outer Rim Ambush (Darth Maul vs Qui-gon anyone?)
Search for R2-D2 (Landspeeder, Luke and Threepio I'm betting)

DarkJedi5
08-27-2008, 10:24 PM
The original post mentions that there is no differentiation between Clone Wars and Legacy battle packs. While I'd bet that Hunt for R2 would have Luke, 3PO, and two Tuskens I'm not sure that you're right with the "Outter Rim Ambush". We already saw a Maul/Qui-Gon bp back in the day so I'm not saying they won't redo it, I just don't think it's likely. If I had to bet I'd say it's Clone Wars related.

cookiemonster
08-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Outer Rim Ambush I am thinking Clone Wars as well DJ5, actually I am hoping thats what it is.

I am a little bit disappointed theres not really anyone on the AOTC list I want, I will most probably get these for custom fodder Tarados Gon (I am right in thinking Tarados Gon is the Barada looking jedi) and Captain Typho (so I can use him for a diferent person, most probably get a few of these so I can build about 4 of them, I have an idea for this already as long as it is SA).

Saying that I hope they do the Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot in the Imperial Pilots Legacy (Just do this one for me Hasbro and make him SA, then you can put what and who you like in there with him, even POTF2 figures)

Rebel Pilots of sweet joy joy.

DarkJedi5
08-28-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm excited about the pilot sets too, I hope this pans out. Just as long as they don't do the same stupid open visor TIE pilot I'll be happy.

bigbarada
08-28-2008, 01:31 AM
Kithaba and Torados Gon in the same year? This is too good to be true.:pleased:

I think they're afraid of making Cliegg because he's in a wheelchair, but there's an easy solution to that. Just make him with both legs, one being removable and the chair as an accessory. This way he wouldn't be totally useless as a toy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Kithaba and Torados Gon in the same year? This is too good to be true.:pleased:

I think they're afraid of making Cliegg because he's in a wheelchair, but there's an easy solution to that. Just make him with both legs, one being removable and the chair as an accessory. This way he wouldn't be totally useless as a toy.
To reenact all the fun of him watching his wife get taken away, raped, and beaten to death by savages! Yay!!! :D

bigbarada
08-28-2008, 02:56 AM
To reenact all the fun of him watching his wife get taken away, raped, and beaten to death by savages! Yay!!! :D

It's either that or make him with a "moping around the farmhouse" action feature.:)

Tycho
08-28-2008, 03:28 AM
I first read your post as "Mopping" around the farm house, on accident.

But man would they ever have a clean homestead if they did just attach a mop to his stump!

I know. I submit myself for being disciplined for making fun of the handicapped. Well, I'm handicapped myself, so maybe I'll get a pass.

sebillba
08-28-2008, 05:34 AM
I hope it's true about Owen and Beru (finally!!) and Tarados Gon, these three alone would be enough for me to forgive an otherwise dreary wave. (Oh, and the updated Obi-Wan will also be welcome.) But 9 figures? I thought all the BAD waves were supposed to be made up of 6 or 8. Maybe the two Anakins will be a variant/running change.

Jargo
08-28-2008, 05:36 AM
I was forgetting the clone wars movie went to the B'Omarr monks pad. I don't take the animated guff into account coz I don't have any truck with it.

if they shove tuskens in the SFR2 pack it better not be more POTJ ones. I know a lot of people didn't like the vintage style tusken but at least it can be posed. the POTJ version is useless.

one of the Anakins could be *gasp* pod race Anakin the pod race figure that's supposedly coming hasn't been confirmed as Anakin or anyone so it's possible i guess.

Phantom-like Menace
08-28-2008, 05:40 AM
I'm always happy to get more Jedi, so Gon is welcome in my collection. I've also heard rumors of Sarissa Jeng, Jocast Nu, and Cin Drallig and those would be even cooler. The more Jedi the merrier.

Ando
08-28-2008, 11:41 AM
That Commando Evo pack sounds really interesting. I can only assume there will be a Republic Commando in there. Hopefully they'll give us a standard DC17 blaster and not the anti-armor variant.

Anyone have any thoughts as to the other two figures? I am guessing a Scout Trooper variant (black Storm Commando) and an ARC Trooper.

I wonder what would be the lineup for the Imperial Pilots Legacy pack.

DarkJedi5
08-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the ROTS Clone pilot done in either black like the first tie the figure was released or in Razor squadron colors like from the battle pack.

Ando
08-28-2008, 01:08 PM
It's either that or make him with a "moping around the farmhouse" action feature.:)

I'll pass on that because I'm they'll probably repack it when they make a follow up to the "Disturbance at the Lars Homestead" BP... The "Step Family Awkward First Meeting" BP.

bigbarada
08-28-2008, 01:32 PM
I first read your post as "Mopping" around the farm house, on accident.

But man would they ever have a clean homestead if they did just attach a mop to his stump!

They could actually just attach a large circular brush to the underside of his chair. Kind of like a floor buffer.:)

As for the Anakins, Hasbro has never made a decent version of the 'Outland Peasant Disguise' Anakin, so maybe we're getting an update of that.

El Chuxter
08-28-2008, 02:09 PM
It was on the other rumor list posted a couple of weeks ago.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2008, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the ROTS Clone pilot done in either black like the first tie the figure was released or in Razor squadron colors like from the battle pack.
They've already done both of those, so I doubt it. I'm hoping for an Odd Ball figure.

DarkJedi5
08-28-2008, 06:28 PM
They've already done both of those, so I doubt it. I'm hoping for an Odd Ball figure.

But not with the new removable helmet feature from the one in the current battle pack. Count on Hasbro for the repaint whenever possible.

bigbarada
08-28-2008, 06:55 PM
It was on the other rumor list posted a couple of weeks ago.

Who was that? Outland Peasant Anakin or Floor Buffer Cliegg?

cookiemonster
08-28-2008, 07:18 PM
BB Peasant Disguise Anakin Skywalker was on a few rumor lists.:thumbsup:

DarkJedi5
08-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Shoot, cookiemonster beat me to it....

Qui-Long Gone
09-08-2008, 04:39 PM
BB Peasant Disguise Anakin Skywalker was on a few rumor lists.:thumbsup:

That figure could have great potential, although it was a lame plot line in the film.

crazydave75
09-08-2008, 06:35 PM
im new on these forums but im really hopin they do a decent han solo figure cos they seem to have legs that are disproportionate to the rest of his body doesnt do him justice