PDA

View Full Version : Card Variation (and today's finds)

FundingMyAddiction
08-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Hey all. My trip to Wal-Mart today was pretty good. They had a ton of first day of issue stickers, including every Clone Wars figure. Granted, I'd had most of them. I got my Ewoks with a sticker. I still haven't been able to find the Battle Damaged Vader or the EVO Trooper with the sticker. I also picked up the second Rebel Pilots Evolutions set.

As I was walking down the aisle to leave, I noticed the re-packaged General Grievous Starfighter and I thought to myself "That's odd. The Hasbro thing said that wouldn't be out until the end of September." And then I also remembered that the GG Starfighter was being released with the re-packed Anakin's Modified Starfighter (which I had missed out on during the Clone Wars release, and apparently plenty of others did as well considering the insane prices they go for on eBay). So I dropped to my knees and started throwing the GG starfighters aside and lo and behold: Anakin's Modified Starfighter. I haven't gotten a chance to break into it yet, but I did my happy dance in the middle of the aisle at Wal-Mart.

Anyway, one thing I found quite odd that I hadn't seen anywhere else was a variation of The Legacy Collection cards. On every single card I've purchased, the stormtrooper's eyes have been black. But today, snuggled in with the rest of the figures, I saw a flash of blue. I've attached a picture of the blue stormtrooper eyes next to the normal card for comparison.

Has anybody else seen these? What's the deal? Anybody got any more info? I apologize if it's been brought up or discussed before. It's new to me.

AmanaMatt
08-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up. That is news to me - I will have to see if I see any with the blue eyes

Maybe its a running change - the blue is easier on the eyes!

Ando
08-12-2008, 09:57 AM
...So I dropped to my knees and started throwing the GG starfighters aside and lo and behold: Anakin's Modified Starfighter. I haven't gotten a chance to break into it yet, but I did my happy dance in the middle of the aisle at Wal-Mart...

Are you on the East Coast or West Coast?

obi-dad
08-12-2008, 11:20 AM
I read about this either here or some other site about a week or two ago. I noticed one last week, but I'm not that interested in variations. I did see one or two different figures with the blue lense cardbacks, but I haven't been out looking much since MM.

FundingMyAddiction
08-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up. That is news to me - I will have to see if I see any with the blue eyes

Maybe its a running change - the blue is easier on the eyes!

It's definitely an eye-catcher. It makes sense with the actual Star Wars text being in blue already.

Are you on the East Coast or West Coast?

West Coast. Las Vegas.

DarkJedi5
08-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Just noticed over at another website that they seem to be switching over to the blue eyes. If you scroll down they have carded picks for waves 3 and 4 and they are all on cards with the blue eyes.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Whats_Up_With_The_Legacy_Collection_116773.asp

JediTricks
08-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Nice find. I knew they were going to release the later waves with the blue eyes to help jazz up this bland card art, but I didn't realize they were redoing current figures and releasing this right away.

Bib Un-Fortuna
08-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Found some blue eyes on Long Island yesterday too - Ewoks & Bane. It definetly makes a difference - the rather bland card (which I still like) gets a bit more emphasis & draws the eyes better (so to speak). And its just one more variation for all you completists out there! Thank god I kicked the habit.