PDA

View Full Version : official episode 2 sabers replicas

derek
02-16-2002, 10:02 PM
check these out. they are made by a company called master replicas. they also make a vader and yoda saber.

Beast
02-16-2002, 10:13 PM
Oh...my...god.
Those are awesome as hell. I wish the price tag wasn't so high. I would get one of the Dooku ones in a heart beat. 299.00 is just a tad to high for this Gungan. I guess I will make due with the upcoming Hasbro version. But I really, really love the Dooku hilt.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
02-16-2002, 10:27 PM
in the World of cheepness Hasbros sabers are the most accurate sabers around, but there is one problem there two pulmped not like the offical sabers are really tiny if you look at TPM when maul kicked Obi's saber in to the pit you can see how small it was to Mauls Shoe. If you where to put a Hasbro obi-wans saber by you're shoe you can see how plumped and big it is.

derek
02-16-2002, 10:45 PM
here are the vader and yoda sabers

Beast
02-16-2002, 10:54 PM
Very nice, Very nice. Lucasfilm should have made Yoda's saber more unique though, not as unique as Dooku's but somthing different. Oh well, still way to over my wallet's comfortable factor. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-17-2002, 12:12 AM
Lucasfilm should have made Yoda's saber more unique though

True, but at least they're consistent. It's the same lightsaber shown for Yoda in the Episode 1 Visual Dictionary.

Edit: And it's rather peculiar that Lucasfilm is allowing Yoda's lightsaber to be released in April. I wonder what their cover story is, considering that all these character, well, you know...

GNT
02-17-2002, 01:23 AM
Very nice,its too bad about the price :( cause I would love to have them but I guess its something I'll have to miss now :rolleyes:

Darth Evil
02-17-2002, 11:04 AM
All very nice, but MAD prices!

sleth
02-17-2002, 02:34 PM
:mad: Geeeez people. The Anakin saber is cheap as HELL! Especially when it comes with an EL blade and an FX chip. You won't find anything remotely close in price in the prop community. Now for the Dooku and Obi sabers, those are pretty steep I can an Obi for cheaper.:p

derek
02-17-2002, 10:17 PM
hey sleth,

you are correct sir. anyone who follows prop sabers knows that the the graflex or heiland flash can cost as much or more than the vader and anakin sabers. i'll be getting both of those for sure, even if i have to cut back on "toys".:D

this company also is making a han solo blaster and a luke ROTJ saber. i've got one of those, unofficial of course, but it looks just like the film prop i saw at the "magic of myth" prop tour.

dr_evazan22
02-17-2002, 10:23 PM
I wish that they also had the Anakin/Luke and the Vader sabers as just handles. It could get a little awkward carrying the sabers around with the long blades at a convention.

And that Han blaster!!:crazed:

JediTricks
02-18-2002, 09:46 AM
These look pretty nice, but I can't help wondering why they're $300 AND limited to a certain number of pieces when the F/X sabers look just as nice, have a (non-removable but never the less light-up) blade, sound effects, are not limited runs, and both the Anakin one and the Vader one together are cheaper than any one of the others.

I wish the blades were removable, I'm gonna get the vader one, but if the blade was removable, I'd also buy the Anakin one.

derek
02-20-2002, 08:32 PM
jeditricks,

it's my understand that the expensive sabers are machined, thus their higher price, where as the anakin and vader sabers are die cast out of a mold. this is the explanation i read at a prop fourm that the owner of the company posted.

if you have any experience with machining metal, as i do(my brother is a machinist ), it's a lot more complex than simply pulling metal out of a mold.

you get the vader saber, i'll get the anakin saber, and we can take turns whacking each others arms off!
:D

JediTricks
02-21-2002, 05:52 AM
Yeah, it does say that the FX sabers are die cast, and it does look like the more expensive sabers are machined - but if those pics are accurate, I don't see how it could be a $180 difference.

derek
03-20-2002, 04:24 PM
here it is.:)

mylow thehutt
03-20-2002, 08:12 PM
:) Maby,someday the price will go down.hay a guy can dream.,but the hasbro ones are weird.and i just like handle.hope they come out with mace's.:cool: