PDA

View Full Version : Something BIG for the TPM's 10 Anniversary?

Battle Droid
08-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Adam posted this here,

http://www.galactichunter.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Hasbro&Number=196411&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=6

I hear (from a reliable, reliable source, no, not the voices in my head) that there's something "BIG" planned for next year's 10-year anniversary of TPM. It could just be a chrome plated Queen's Starship, or it could be an MTT "BULL" Tank. Speculate at will.

I hope it's the MTT! :D

El Chuxter
08-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Eh, I'll take a Kitster figure.

jedi master sal
08-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Oooh, I'd REALLY like a MTT. But it MUST have a pull out droid rack and that rack should fit no less than 16 droids: 4 on 2 rows per each side. It would be an extra special benefit to actually include the droids, but that would really increase the price.

Hmm, maybe NOW we'd get a PROPER Pilot Droid. I don't like the one in the TUR battle pack as it's NOT supposed to have the backpack AND I hate the articulation of it.

Bring on the MTT.

I'd speculate maybe the Gungan Bongo, but that's not really huge though.
Hmm what about a Trade Federation ship PLAYSET??

DarkJedi5
08-13-2008, 10:07 AM
And I thought Hasbro said they weren't going to worry about any more anniversaries....

Old Fossil
08-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Maybe it's a (Target exclusive) super-articulated holographic Sio Bibble.

bigbarada
08-13-2008, 10:17 AM
An MTT would be a nice compliment to the AT-TE. A Bongo is kind of necessary, but I'm not personally interested in one. Maybe if we were getting a Colo Claw Fish or Sando Aqua Monster, I'd consider a Bongo.

What I would actually love to see from Ep1 is a larger, articulated Fambaa with the shield transmitter on it's back.

Blue2th
08-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Of all the vehicles in Ep. 1 I'd definitely say an MTT!

I would say it will probably be a Bongo Sub though (which wouldn't be that bad) to get it within the small vehicle price point.

obi-dad
08-13-2008, 12:29 PM
As much as I would have wanted a chrome plated Queen's Starship the first time around (and a little larger), I hope they don't put this one out there now.

Beast
08-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Weesa Needa Una Bongo!!

Rocketboy
08-13-2008, 12:51 PM
We need a decent f*cking Jar Jar.

Ando
08-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Maybe we'll get both like we did with the BMF and AT-TE?

I missed out on the Queen's Ship the first go around and I would LOVE to get an MTT. My wife saw the LEGO version and convinced we should start collecting LEGO's, too.

mtriv73
08-13-2008, 01:24 PM
The MTT makes the most sense since it will probably be in the cartoon series too.

Qui-Long Gone
08-13-2008, 01:34 PM

I'll take just the Jar Jar....the last thing we need is a Gungan in heat....:shocked:

I could go for an Tatooine Anakin with midichlorian glitter pack (you sprinkle it on Jedi or those potential Jedi....something in contrast to Jabba gloop).

Jargo
08-13-2008, 02:09 PM
god i hope it isn't the queens ship. mega dull. that said an MTT would be just as dull.
a decently scaled Sith Infiltrator i'd go for. or the Radiant VII.

DarkJedi5
08-13-2008, 02:28 PM
I have a hard time seeing the Bongo done to the right size/scale an I have a feeling that it will be a long time if ever before the touch up the Infiltrator. I also can't imagine seeing Hasbro ever making the Radiant VII, it just doesn't have any of those "action features" they're always talking about. My money is on a rerelease of the pod racers.

Jaff
08-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Kitster and Wald would be big enough for me.

pegger
08-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Honestly - vehicle wise, what is there?

1) Queen's Starship (got)
2) Naboo fighter (got)
3) AAT (got)
4) MTT
5) Bongo
6) Pod racers x 16? (less Anakin's and Sebulba's)
7) Federation Battleship
8) Federation Droid Control Ship
9) Flash Speeder (got)
10) Republic Cruiser
11) Vulture Droids (got)
12) Sith Inflitrator (got - in a manner of speaking)

Am I missing anything?

Not alot there to get me excited about. Maybe the Pod Racers - but I don't need 16 of them, the MTT is dull, Republic cruiser doesn't do anything - except blow up... The Bongo? That's about it.

bigbarada
08-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Maybe we'll get both like we did with the BMF and AT-TE?

I'm just not sure it would be a good idea to release two prequel vehicles at the same time at that pricepoint. Besides the Queen's Starship was a retail bomb back in 1999, there's no reason to believe that a chrome version would really do any better.

El Chuxter
08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Kitster and Wald would be big enough for me.
No diggity, no doubt. I'd be happy if, for the tenth anniversary, they just acknowledged the frigging movie existed and make some long-overdue figures.

We still don't have Tey How, Kitster, Wald, Jira, or a few dozen podracers. And that's only speaking characters.

We have no figure of Watto, Jar Jar, Sebulba, Anakin, or Obi-Wan that is on par with today's figures. And the Qui-Gon from the Evolutions set just barely passes muster. Heck, "naked" C-3PO could be done a lot more nicely with today's technology.

There are a few hundred Padme costumes to be made, and the ones from a decade ago could use resculpting.

Qui-Long Gone
08-13-2008, 02:49 PM
No diggity, no doubt. I'd be happy if, for the tenth anniversary, they just acknowledged the frigging movie existed and make some long-overdue figures.

We still don't have Tey How, Kitster, Wald, Jira, or a few dozen podracers. And that's only speaking characters.

We have no figure of Watto, Jar Jar, Sebulba, Anakin, or Obi-Wan that is on par with today's figures. And the Qui-Gon from the Evolutions set just barely passes muster. Heck, "naked" C-3PO could be done a lot more nicely with today's technology.

There are a few hundred Padme costumes to be made, and the ones from a decade ago could use resculpting.

I could go for an Obi-Wan with better articulation....the Qui-Gon had potential but the head sculpt was a little sad....I've also never been impressed with any Darth Maul.....

jedi master sal
08-13-2008, 03:11 PM
...My money is on a rerelease of the pod racers.

Ooh, nice guess. It WOULD be nice to get some new pod-racers and their pilots.

We still need pods for pilots already done.

Teemto Pagalies for one!
Mars Guo
Dud Bolt
Ody Mandrell

Since we got Tsui Choi, then shouldn't we be expecting Rats Tyrell? (and his pod) soon?

Sinscia Fat'o
08-13-2008, 03:14 PM

A-Man. A-Man.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
I like the Evolutions Qui-Gon, but seeing him next to the old ones makes him look pale and sickly. Hasbro said there'll be a new TPM Obi-Wan next year as an anchor to a wave, so hopefully the rest of the wave will be cool.

I really don't want a chrome Queen's starship. An MTT certainly doesn't have any "action features," it's just a transport, but it could be sweet if done well. I want the Bongo and at least some kind of Radiant VII.

DarkJedi5
08-13-2008, 04:10 PM
....I've also never been impressed with any Darth Maul.....

Great point! We've seen Maul in two Evo sets and only 1 is SA on par with today's figs and he has no shirt on! I would love to see a definitive Darth Maul, SA, with a double bladed breakable lightsaber.

obi-dad
08-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Ooh, nice guess. It WOULD be nice to get some new pod-racers and their pilots.

We still need pods for pilots already done.

Teemto Pagalies for one!
Mars Guo
Dud Bolt
Ody Mandrell

Now that would be something to get excited about. I think Hasbro even stated that they would consider doing more podracers in a Q&A either from this year or late last year.

Beast
08-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Agreed. But we really need decent figures of Jar Jar's E2 looks.

Both the Senate Speech and the Apartment one.

obi-dad
08-13-2008, 06:09 PM

Were there any female Gungans? I'd hate to see how Hasbro would implement that action feature!

Kidhuman
08-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Like EC and JAff, I would be happy with the figures.

Neuroleptic
08-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Honestly, a truly good super articulate Darth Maul, Qui Gon, and Obi Wan all with light sabers and a lightsaber hilt (also all with removable cloth cloaks as well) would be all I would want from this film. And even then, I'm not too sure I'd buy any of them. This movie has its moments that are good to watch, but for the most part I just am not interested in products from it.

Beast
08-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Were there any female Gungans? I'd hate to see how Hasbro would implement that action feature!
There's a few female Gungans visible in Episode 1 at the Sacred Place.

Bosskman
08-13-2008, 07:33 PM
A MTT would be sweet. So would a bongo but first gimmie the MTT.

Old Fossil
08-13-2008, 07:54 PM
What's a bongo, precious?

Jargo
08-13-2008, 08:04 PM
po tay toe...

aside from the sith infiltrator and maybe a couple of landspeeders there's no vehicles i want from TPM. I'd laugh if they re-released the Fambaa. how ticked of would people be. i can hear the screams and hissy fits already

Banthaholic
08-14-2008, 05:07 PM
po tay toe...

aside from the sith infiltrator and maybe a couple of landspeeders there's no vehicles i want from TPM. I'd laugh if they re-released the Fambaa. how ticked of would people be. i can hear the screams and hissy fits already

Hey I'm kinda partial to the Fambaa, now that is truely a beast pack, or dinosaur pack. Still pretty darn cool!

pegger
08-14-2008, 05:44 PM
What's a bongo, precious?

Bongo is the submarine ship Obi Wan, Qui Gonn and Jar Jar used at the beginning of the movie (to get to the naboo)

Bel-Cam Jos
08-14-2008, 06:24 PM
"Big" thing I would want... a scaled-to-pod-racer toys model Podrace arena (with Chux's Wald [with Boonta Dance feature] and Kitster figures).

Figures?
- Wald
- Kitster
- Evan Piel
- super articulated Chancellor V.
- Jira
- orange Handmaiden
- Senator Griebleips
- soft stomach Qui-Gon
- communications disruption holo Palaptine (in the moment in between break-ups)

Old Fossil
08-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Bongo is the submarine ship Obi Wan, Qui Gonn and Jar Jar used at the beginning of the movie (to get to the naboo)

Nice massster!

:love:

CaptainSolo1138
08-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Nice massster!

:love:
The kids got a big enough ego. If you keep that up his head won't fit out the door.:D

pegger
08-14-2008, 06:43 PM
If you keep that up his head won't fit out the door.:D

That's what she said! :whip:

Qui-Long Gone
08-15-2008, 08:02 PM

I thought they were on Naboo....is the naboo also a people?

pegger
08-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I thought they were on Naboo....is the naboo also a people?

yup...the humans were called "The Naboo"

Qui-Long Gone
08-15-2008, 08:17 PM
yup...the humans were called "The Naboo"

That's right....I try to wash out TPM from my brain every summer....:rolleyes: