PDA

View Full Version : Weezer

scruffziller
08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
I've listened to some of their stuff and I like a good deal of bands in their subgenre. I came across this new video of theirs. It's great.

http://www.universalmusic.com/genre/Rock/Weezer/Pork-And-Beans/1569928798

Blue2th
08-13-2008, 05:16 PM
I heard this song on the radio, they didn't say who it was, and I thought yeah Weezer it's got to be them!
I thought they hung it up. It's good to see/ hear them back in action again :thumbsup:
That prairie dog freaks me out. What a funny video. lol

Mad Slanted Powers
08-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Excellent! I had heard the song a few times, but had not seen the video.

Rocketboy
08-13-2008, 09:14 PM
I skipped this new album. After the crapfest that was the last one (I forget the name, but it had 'Beverly Hills' on it), I'll stick with the first 4 albums.

jjreason
08-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Pork & Beans is a straight repack of their first hit, Buddy Holly. Listen to them both one after the other and tell me it ain't so. Heart Songs is the best track on the new album, followed by The Greatest of All Time (or whatever track 2 is called), but there are way fewer killer tracks on this disc than their should be.

The video IS super though, I have to admit. ;)

CaptainSolo1138
08-14-2008, 09:12 AM
I skipped this new album. After the crapfest that was the last one (I forget the name, but it had 'Beverly Hills' on it), I'll stick with the first 4 albums.Couldn't agree more. After "Maladroit" they kind of absorbed the sound of the rest of the garbage within their genre and are now just as generic as the rest of them. I've downloaded both albums since then and I think I've listened to each once. I don't feel the need to listen anymore since I absolutely loved their previous four after one listen. These two don't even deserve to sniff the CD player my car.

Weezer is still my all-time favorite group and there is no danger of them being replaced as such, but they are only keeping me a fan by virtue of "Blue", "Pinkerton", "Green" and "Maladroit". If I were stranded on a desert island, "Blue" would still be the only music I would need.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-14-2008, 11:19 AM
i stopped listening to them after "Pinkerton" as green and everything after was just pretty much awful. I saw them live in 02 I believe and their set was about 98% Blue and Pinkerton with the few good tracks from Green and "Maladroid" on it. I really have no need to see them again. I'll post the set when I get a few extra minutes.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
I loved there blue album. Still haven't heard Pinkerton. It seems everytime I've listened to samples from that album, it didn't do anything for me, though I couldn't tell you what it sounded like without going into iTunes now and checking it out. I bought Green based on the "Island in the Sun" and "Hash Pipe", as I thought both of those were great. Was kind of disappointed in the rest of the album. I think "Dope Nose" was the song from the next album, and I didn't really care for that. What I've heard from Make Believe sounds all right, but I'll agree with Cap on them sounding kind of generic now. I like "Pork & Beans" and might buy that from iTunes, but the rest of the album didn't seem to impress me.

JediTricks
08-17-2008, 12:17 AM
That was kind of an awesome internet meme-using video.