PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gotten Slave Leia and Bar2-D2?

Tycho
08-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I've seen all the other Galactic Heroes except Slave Leia and R2.

I've seen a new case being stocked - and no Leia!

Does anyone have her yet?

Did Hasbro delay shipping her or something?

Qui_gon_master
08-16-2008, 12:48 AM
I got several starting with two days before clone wars issue. Have purchased them at both Target and Wal-mart. I also was in line for midnight madness at Wal-mart and saw them come out of the cases. I live in the midwest. I am shocked that you live in Cali and haven't got them yet. By the way, have you noticed significant increases in price points for Card figs, galactic heroes, etc out west. They are staggering here.

Tycho
08-16-2008, 12:54 AM
I haven't had anything to buy, so I haven't been shopping, so I haven't noticed price changes.

I need more printer paper for my computer, so I think I'll go at store-opening to Target tomorrow since I have to go anyway. Maybe I'll find Slave Leia then.

At Midnite Madness, I was too busy paying attention to Legacy and the ships and everything, so perhaps by the time I checekd GH, Leia had been there and was already gone. But I've never seen her. Besides JarJar / Destroyer Droid, she's the only new set I'm buying.

I might get Agen and SaeSee, but I don't need Plo and the Pilot, Aayla (though she's cute) and Bly, or the others. Gree and Tarful I'm going to get when that AT-RT battle pack comes out.

El Chuxter
08-16-2008, 01:04 AM
I saw them at a TRU last week, but I've more or less dropped Galactic Heroes since there's so many that the novelty factor is gone. I considered picking her up, but didn't think the execution was especially good. (And Jar Jar vs Droideka was way cuter.) I didn't realize she was HTF or I would've grabbed her for someone.

RUSHBOY
08-16-2008, 01:18 AM
I saw her the day after midnight madness at TRU and didn't get her !
Now I'm wishing I did get her, but I did pick up the jar jar binks 2 pack !!

Kidhuman
08-16-2008, 08:27 AM
I see it all the time. The JJB and Droideka was harder to find for me

Darth Jax
08-16-2008, 09:28 AM
i picked them all up a couple days before MM. haven't seen any of the new GH figures since.

bobafrett
08-16-2008, 04:38 PM
I see them from time to time while making my way to the bike rack, and I say "I need to get me the newest GH". but then by the time my work day is over, I just want to get out of dodge, and my feet can't get me out any faster.

ncbarrett
08-18-2008, 03:07 PM
I've seen all the other Galactic Heroes except Slave Leia and R2.

I've seen a new case being stocked - and no Leia!

Does anyone have her yet?

Did Hasbro delay shipping her or something?

My brother got her at MM
And since then I have seen her several times at Target and Walmart.

Qui-Long Gone
08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
I have yet to see this pack....

Ando
08-18-2008, 04:43 PM
I saw that GH pack right before 07.26.2008 and I passed on it.

Haven't seen it since.

I was going to give it to my wife. She sorta collects the 3 3/4" Han Solo figures that I get and the Leia/Han GH sets that I get.

:(

Tycho
08-18-2008, 11:44 PM
OK, I went to TRU today and they had every GH pack EXCEPT her. :Frustrated!!!:

jedi master sal
08-19-2008, 09:12 AM
I've seen her three to four times now. I got mine on 7/26. Only saw the JJB/DD set twice. Again got mine on 7/26.

bigbarada
09-03-2008, 12:18 PM
When I watched them stock the shelves on 7/26, there was every new GH set except for the Leia/R2 set. So I think some cases shipped without her.

Haven't seen her here at all.

Tycho
09-03-2008, 01:00 PM
That's what I've found BigBarada - zero Slave Leias, but all the others.

Slave Leia is also the only one from that wave NOT available from ToysRUs.com or HasbroToyShop.com.

Lazer Brain
09-10-2008, 11:17 AM
picked up the GH packs lasts nite at walmart, got the ones with the dewback and arena beasts.
later

bobafrett
09-10-2008, 09:00 PM
I picked upone after seeing it on the pegs for three days straight. Then they opened a case with the other new GH figs, but no slave Leia. I'm trying to find one more for Tycho.

shortcat
09-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Tycho, I've seen lots of the Slave Leias in my area, so if you still need her let me know and I'll pick one up for you next time I see it. You can PM me your info later, after I know I have one.

I've seen all the new GH scene packs, but money is so tight right now I haven't been able to pick 'em up. Durn it.

Tycho
09-13-2008, 10:30 PM
I still haven't seen one out here. BobaFrett confirmed it: that some cases ship without Slave Leia. So I wasn't missing out on something that night at Midnight Madness and I'm not crazy (on this issue anyway). Some stores have not gotten her.

I also have not found the Darth Vader TIE Fighter or Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter from Galactic Heroes either.

I'm watching the online vendors, but they seem to be sold out - if they ever got this stuff in the first place.

So we'll see. If anyone finds Leia (especially), you may purchase her for me - but pay for her separately and save your receipt. As with any hunting - a person who's actively looking for her (me) might come up with her as well.

Thanks to all offering to help, though. Just don't go out of your way. I bet she'll show up plentiful when they re-pack her in a later wave anyway.

jonthejedi
09-15-2008, 04:46 AM
I saw her once on 7/26 & waited...haven't seen her since!

Tycho
09-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I don't think the GH sell that fast - or it's the recent selection of characters that seem less popular.

I'm not buying most of them myself.

Shaak-Ti and the IG-Magna Droid are easily obtained, so they must not be selling well. I can't say I want them. I've passed up lots of opportunities to buy them.

Plo Koon and the Clone Pilot - same thing.

JarJar and the Destroyer might sell a little better, but you can find them easily enough. (I wanted this and purchased it).

Older assortment figures are still plentiful, especially Endor Leia and the Endor Rebel Soldier (I did buy that one, too).

The wave before this, with Aayla Secura and Bly seemed really rare by comparison. I don't recall buying ANY from that wave when I found them, however. Tarfull and Gree were coming in the AT-RT Battle Pack, so I bought them that way.

The screen-scenes might've become the more popular way to get Galactic Heroes. IDK. I'm not buying duplicates which sucks because I don't know how I'm going to get Jabba and Bib Fortuna, but I am holding out for carded release.

I wonder if we're starting to see the end of the Galactic Heroes line for Star Wars? They've made an awful lot of figures! Cinema Scenes / vehicles might be the way the line continues.

Darth Jax
09-15-2008, 07:36 PM
i've yet to see the Vader TIE. Did manage to score a Jedi starfighter. Have seen the Jabba set only once and passed on it. i hate buying multi-packs to get only 1 or 2 figures. i passed on the naboo set and they put Jar Jar on a card. It's hard to pass on Jabba, not sure he'll ever be on a card.

Tycho
09-16-2008, 12:38 AM
They could sell Jabba on a card by himself or with only Bib Fortuna. Obviously they'll wait until they're no longer shipping the diorama set, but I hope they will send that out one day.

Tycho
09-16-2008, 11:26 PM
I found her today at Toys R Us!

However, she's got a light paint scheme. I'd consider trading up for a more contrasted, darker hue paint scheme. I'm keeping her carded for a while and see what turns up.

With other Galactic Heroes stuff, I got Vader's TIE, Obi-Wan's fighter, and I saw the Nexu / Arena and Dewback / Mos Eisley sets in Target today. I passed on the latter two sets as I have most of these figures. The Dewback was really tempting though.

waboritas
09-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Still looking for the Jabba CS - really regret not buying it from TRU.com. Passed on the Vader TIE this weekend at KB - $25.99 was too much. I agree with the comment about this line moving in the direction of CS. It is very frustrating the amount of rehashes they are doing.

skystreak
09-20-2008, 06:54 AM
I found her today at Toys R Us!

However, she's got a light paint scheme. I'd consider trading up for a more contrasted, darker hue paint scheme. I'm keeping her carded for a while and see what turns up.

With other Galactic Heroes stuff, I got Vader's TIE, Obi-Wan's fighter, and I saw the Nexu / Arena and Dewback / Mos Eisley sets in Target today. I passed on the latter two sets as I have most of these figures. The Dewback was really tempting though.

I think the Dewback set is worth it.

For new stuff you get the Dewback and a Luke figure we haven't gotten yet. Then you also get 2 sandtroopers (troop builders). For $20 that's not too bad really. The rest of it can just be sandbox toys or things to bring and leave at Nana's house (Can you tell I buy these for my son?).

bobafrett
09-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I got the Jabba GH set! Now if I would only open it, I could put the slave Leia in it!

Tycho
09-22-2008, 11:51 AM
I got the Jabba GH set! Now if I would only open it, I could put the slave Leia in it!

That's cool. I've been trying to bring myself to buy it so I'd get Jabba and Bib. I have to think how many extra-repeated little GH dudes I'd wind up with - but I could put some of them on that skiff that's coming out. (It only comes with 2 figures - Han and Boba Fett)

waboritas
09-23-2008, 08:34 AM
I finally picked up Jabba's CS last night at a Benny's on Cape Cod for $21.99. I love this set. Tycho - don't forget you get the hooded Luke with blaster pistol. I have been looking for it for almost a year - and was convinced I would have to wait. I am still frustrated as I waited on ordering the X-Wing CS and it appears it sold out on HTS.com. Now I want the Slave Leia, which I have not seen either. I also blew it passing on the Milenium Falcon set earlier this year, but i know that will be out again. The hunt continues.....

DarkArtist
09-23-2008, 12:58 PM
i have yet to see this set on the pegs but want one badly. i rarely collect GH but have a Slave Leia display and the GH would look cute among the rest of the stuff.

Tycho
09-24-2008, 12:05 AM
They have a lot of the Jabba the Hutt CS at my Toys R Us. I'm assuming they would also have it on their website. I think my Target has it as well.

waboritas
09-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Picked up the AT RT, Dewback, and Rancor CS at TRU yesterday. Passed on the Ki-Adi/Commander 2 pack and Vader TIE at KB yesterday. Too pricey - 7.99 for the two pack and 25.99 for the TIE. Is it me or is the Endor Leia/Trooper the biggest pegwarmer out there for SW right now?

Tycho
09-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah, either Endor Leia / Trooper was over-produced, or no one wants it.

I bought one and liked it though. But I liked it more when I wasn't constantly seeing it in stores, blocking the way for new issues to be ordered and stocked.

$25.99 is not bad for the ships, considering they were $24.99 at Target I believe. I don't think I've seen the Vader TIE and Obi-Wan starfighter at TRU yet. I bought them upon first sighting at Target though.

I'm reconsidering my decision to not buy the Jabba GH CS. When I have a skiff, I'll need many repeats of those figures for display (NOT in Jabba's Throne Room). It's GH, so I could always fly the skiff right INTO Jabba's Throne Room for pigs and giggles. But I don't know if they'll ever single-card GH Jabba.

CoachD
09-29-2008, 04:11 AM
I would bet we see a Ziro the Hutt first, since that needs only be a repaint.

skystreak
09-29-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm wondering if they thought the Leia/Endor Trooper would sell well as a troop builder ste? If so, then they released the Endor Cinema Scene too quickly.

Darth Jax
09-29-2008, 10:20 PM
i found my Vader TIE set. unfortunately the dewback set target had was absolutely trashed. while i open most of the 2 packs i buy, i prefer to leave the larger sets in their nifty display cases.

fightattack
09-30-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that the Leia/bar R2 was pulled from current shipping waves or a limited amount were made.

BBTS has orders available of that wave and none of them include the slave leia/R2 package.

and I have yet to see a single one anywhere in Seattle, that I've checked.
Maybe they deemed the metal bikini too provocative at the last moment?

Weird.

Clanure
10-01-2008, 11:49 AM
I haven't seen any in stores. I had to resort to ebay, but even then, there aren't a lot of them.

Tycho
10-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Maybe they deemed the metal bikini too provocative at the last moment?

Weird.

No. I'm not sure what the story is. A good question for the Q&A.

CoachD
10-03-2008, 10:48 AM
No. I'm not sure what the story is. A good question for the Q&A.

They all ended up in Norway. I am not kidding you... there are about 8 on each of the 6 toys stores in our city that carry the GH line

if somebody is really stuck let me know, i can send it over (although, i guess ebay will be cheaper in the end)

Tycho
10-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Heh. It's cool to know that there are Star Wars fans keeping up some demand in Norway, though.

Us fans: we're everywhere.

I met this girl from Norway who was on a student visa here in the US (California). She was sooooo hot! If there are a lot of girls in Norway that are like her, then there are much better aspects to living in Norway than easy access to the best Galactic Heroes. Hehe.

Anyway, she didn't like my Star Wars collection when I had her over a few times. Her view of it was "I was too old to be playing with kid-toys." Yeah. That "relationship" didn't really go anywhere. She really just wanted me to take her jet skiing - which I did. I mean I can have fun and find things to enjoy together with probably anyone. But no one should stop doing anything that they find fun and doesn't harm anyone. Who wants to "grow up" if that means having less fun?

Let's just say that me and Miss Norway had different views about a few critical things.

JediTricks
10-08-2008, 03:55 AM
EE has 2 cases with this figure in it, wave 2 revision 2 and 3, I believe. That suggests Hasbro's got a slow-production issue with this one.

DarkArtist
12-18-2008, 11:07 AM
still have yet to see this wave though this morning at Walmart they had all the new Clone Wars sets out. was hoping to spot Slave Leia but no luck. does anyone have an extra that they might be willing to sell or trade ? really don't want to have to resort to ebay.

PM me if you have a Slave Leia / R2 for trade or sale

waboritas
12-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I have not and am also hoping to get one at some point. Dut don't give up on this one as hasbrotoyshop recently re-released the Ki-Adi Mundi wave. Hopefully Slave Leia will get some love too.

Kidhuman
12-19-2008, 11:11 PM
I looked at 2 different stores tonight for it and no good.

Ando
01-14-2009, 07:40 PM
I have seen this set ONE time since July. Jantzen Beach Target right before the 07.26.2008 event and I passed on it. I am still kicking myself.

But for Christmas I got the Target GH Endor CS and the Walmart Millenium Falcon and with my Christmas bonus I got the Escape from Mos Eisley, Geonosis, Dagobah, Vader + TIE, Obi Wan 6 + JSF, and Sarlacc cinema scene packs.

I love my Galactic Heroes Millenium Falcon as much as if not more than my Legacy Collection BMF.

My almost 4 year old nephew played with it nonstop for 2-3 hours when he came over to visit on Saturday.

jonthejedi
01-15-2009, 05:29 AM
Just found Slave Leia GH yesterday at local MD WalMart. It might have been a return. I didn't care. I only saw it once at MM.

Kidhuman
01-15-2009, 06:11 AM
I found one the other day, picked it up for Tycho, but he had found it. Dark Artist is taking it now. WM just did a reset here, so hopefully I can find a few more sets for you guys

bobafrett
01-15-2009, 06:42 AM
We are doing our reset now, so I will also keep my eyes open.

Tycho
01-15-2009, 03:31 PM
I stopped in Toys R Us today and they had a Slave Leia /Bar2DeeTwo GH set (or more than 1 - I didn't really look). There was nothing new for toys really, but it was interesting seeing how all that Star Wars stuff they stockpiled sold.

It actually did sell. There were a lot of empty pegs. That's a good sign that the market for Star Wars is staying strong and healthy.

SchoolTeacher
01-17-2009, 02:29 PM
I have Leia and Bar R2 MINT NIB if you need them.

JediTricks
01-19-2009, 08:54 PM
I saw it at Target the other day, but their GH prices are up to $8!!! I couldn't pull the trigger on that.

Darth Jax
01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
i found an extra one at TRU today

Tycho
01-20-2009, 08:17 AM
GH up to $8?!

These are cute but they are almost the kind of figurines you should get out of gumball machines. They should be $0.50 instead of $4 each!

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Yeah, $7.68, and I ended up buying it after all, the eyes on Leia are painted slightly off-center. Fantastic. I dunno what to do with this now, return it for the cash or hold onto it or open it or trade it.

Kidhuman
01-24-2009, 06:18 AM
I have been seeing this set everywhere now.

Tycho
01-24-2009, 03:39 PM
JT: hold onto the set UNOPENED. By another one when you find a better paint job. Return the bad paint job with the new receipt.

RUSHBOY
01-24-2009, 10:31 PM
I found Slave Leia and bartoo dee 2 today at WM !! It should go well with my Jabba the Hutt galactic heroes set !

Tycho
01-25-2009, 02:39 AM
Congratulations. I've noticed that the whole ROTJ Jabba sequence is one of the most developed by the GH line out of the whole saga. I suppose that ANH's Death Star and the Mos Eisley Cantina is as well, though.

There seems to be a lot more variety in the OT choice offerings than the PT by comparison.

waboritas
02-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I found and bought Bar2-Dr and Slave Leia for my son today. First time I saw it, although my trips to the stores have been much less frequent over the past 6 months.

Ando
02-18-2009, 05:54 PM
FOUND IT!

It looks like it's finally being shipped regularly again or for the first time cause I have been seeing it everywhere for the last week.

I brought it home and right after I showed my wife, her brother called me and when I turned around after I hung up, she had take a knife to the packaging and was prying it out and looked up at me and said "Oh, sorry, did you want to keep this in the package?". I didn't. And it was pretty cute.

I'm with you guys, they ROTJ and ANH GH's are the best and most fleshed out and these are the bulk of my GH sets, although the Clone Wars stuff is pretty cool, too.

DarkJedi5
02-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Anybody see the Jabba the Hutt battle pack around? Mine broke so I sent it to hasbro to be replaced and they said they can't get me a replacement. They aren't cheap on eBay so I figured I'd ask here first.

Darth Jax
02-18-2009, 09:14 PM
what portion of jabba's battle pack are you looking for?

DarkJedi5
02-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Well when something breaks and you want Hasbro to replace it you have to send the whole thing (my Jabba's arm fell off) so I need the whole thing. Now I really only want the figures that were unique to the set but I doubt they're easier to come by seperately than together.

waboritas
02-19-2009, 12:36 PM
The Jabba set popped up on Hasbrotoyshop.com as out of stock a couple of weeks ago, but has since been removed. Not sure if it was ever available on HTS.com in this latest go-around. Last time I saw this set was when I bought mine in September '08. Good luck hunting.

I recently sent back my son's GH Obi Wan's Starfighter to Hasbro because he lost the cockpit cover (crappy design). They did not want the figs and accessories, just the ship itself. I got a letter from them last week that it was out of stock and that they will send it or something of equal value if they can't replace it. It is now available on HTS.com, so I am hoping that it will show up at my door in the next couple of weeks. I picked him up a new one at Target a couple of weeks ago just in case they don't come through or send something else that he already has. If they do send it, I will return the one I bought at Target.

I think it is a safe bet that you will see Jabba's set released again at some point. I am not going to pay ridiculous money to get my son the GH Falcon, as it will be released again.

DarkJedi5
02-19-2009, 06:31 PM
I got a letter from them last week that it was out of stock and that they will send it or something of equal value if they can't replace it.

Good luck with that. There have been a couple times where I've sent stuff in and ended up having them send me something of "equal value". It's a joke, you might as well ask for your money back if that happens. They always send you something that is waaaay older and not always even close to comparable.

Two memorable instances stick out for me. I had a marvel Spider-man who's head fell off. Unfortunately he came with a Venom figure that was hard to find in the first place and harder to find with a decent paint job. Anyway, they had me send in both figs and ended up sending me Colossus and Angel from the first wave. The other being when I sent in Jabba recently and they sent me VTSC Luke X-Wing Pilot and Greedo. Figs that sell on eBay for like a dollar so totally not worth the $20 and not even in the same vein as the galactic heroes I had sent in. Lame.

waboritas
02-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Really don't care what they send me as long as it is of equal value so I can return it. I already bought the replacment. Will let you know what the outcome is.

Tycho
02-23-2009, 06:07 AM
Ando, though I'm also a fan of the prequel trilogy, I've loved the OT Galactic Heroes the most, I think.

I'm kind of skipping Clone Wars GH myself, but I want some prequel vehicles from both sides of the Clone Wars made, nevertheless (Republic Gunship for my GH!!!)

But I love the OT stuff, the ships, cantina and Jabba aliens. It's a fresh new take on Classic Star Wars and I couldn't have been happier to get the skiff and have the Snowspeeder and AT-AT coming. Like the 3 3/4" category for Star Wars, we need Jabba's Sailbarge to come out. But I'd love Slave-1 and a regular TIE Fighter as well.

GH are too much fun!

Darth Metalmute
02-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Darkjedi5,
Is the Jabba Battle pack the one with Jabba, Gammorian Guard, Bib Fortuna, Han with gun, Luke with gun, Lando in guard outfit, Leia in Bounty Hunter gear, C-3PO, and a Skiff guard?

If so, I purchased one from the Hasbrotoyshop for my son a year ago without realizing he had it already. In fact, I have never taken it out of its hasbrotoyshop shipping box yet. I'll sell it too you for the price I bought it for. I believe it was 9.99 with shipping.

Tycho
02-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Geeze that's a good deal. I think I paid Toys R Us about $21-25 for mine.

Maybe Darth Metalmute meant that shipping would be $9.99, unless he had some kind of special coupon for the GH set itself. The 2-packs by themselves are almost up to $8 at Target now (I hear - I can't go into the retail stores until I recover a little more from my surgery.)

Darth Metalmute
02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Tycho,
I paid full price for the first one I bought at Toys R Us.
I saw it on on HTS.com for 9.99 and figured if my son did have it, I wouldn't be wasting a whole lot if I made the mistake.

When I found out he had it, I planned on selling it on ebay, but have found I haven't had the time. It still is unopened in the shipping box and my wife have since thrown it out of the house as an unopened box takes up too much space. So it is residing in my van for the time being.

At least in my area, going to the stores to find new Star Wars stuff is a waste of time. The GH at my Toys R Us has figures from two series ago, and the Titianium pegs have two Cloud Cars on them and thats all. It's a good thing I bought the skiff set when I did because I haven't seen one since.

waboritas
02-23-2009, 01:08 PM
I still can't believe that the $9.99 price was real for the Jabba CS on HTS. I saw it with my own eyes listed as out of stock and your post confirms that it was for real. That is a great score. I paid $22 for my son's.

Ando
02-23-2009, 01:17 PM
I paid $12.50 for mine back in December because the store was going to close and the packaging was messed up (but the toys were all there and intact).

Slicker
03-13-2009, 02:12 PM
I didn't bother to read this entire thread but I saw this set (the Bar2 and Slave Leia one) at WM today. If anyone needs it just PM me and I'll run out and try and get it.