PDA

View Full Version : Finally Completed 1st Foil Set

PAA_707
08-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Well I wouldn't really call it a set. But I have finally completed my goal of collecting every 1st day foil. Luckily when I found my Sith Evolutions set, I came accross the 1st day Yarna and 1st day regular Vader. I've already bought 2 copies of each, but of course I left one in the package so I'm good to return them.

I didn't think I would end up finding those 2 anywhere else but EBay. But I lucked out for once, or twice, heh heh. I'm definately happy. By the way when I say I have all of the 1st day foils I mean for Legacy and Clone Wars, beefy.

LTBasker
08-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Cool, congrats!

I'm close to completing a set, so far all I need is Sandstorm Luke, Ewoks, Yoda (CW) and Rex to have a complete set. Hope I can find a replacement Anakin (CW) as well, the one I have had the sticker peeling off when I found it.

bigbarada
08-16-2008, 01:13 AM
So the 1st Day Vader and Yarna were the only ones you were missing? That's kind of funny, because those are the only two I have! lol

AmanaMatt
08-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Congrats. One good thing about being a collector in Texas, there is a walmart every six miles of each other (no joke)

I can still find the 1st day issued figures- picked up 1st Day Rex just two days ago. In areas like Ca, where I was from, finding them all must be very difficult

DarkArtist
08-17-2008, 07:09 PM
i picked up a couple of figures with the first day stickers but as i'm not collecting the complete set have already opened and discarded the boxes. i'm a loose collector, not that i'm knocking on anyone who is a Mint on Card collector or variation hunter, i used to be but do to space i had to stop and just downsize my collecting habits to a loose collection.

i will say i do have a complete set of MOC McQuarrie figures and a complete set of the UGH Gold Coins, and i still have a complete set of POTF Hasbro Wave 1 still Mint on Card.

FundingMyAddiction
08-18-2008, 11:40 PM
I've found a ton of first day of issue Battle Droids, R2's, Anakins, and Yoda's. The only two figures I'm missing in the foil version and haven't seen anywhere are the Battle Damaged Darth Vader and the EVO Trooper.

PAA_707
08-20-2008, 05:40 PM
I've found a ton of first day of issue Battle Droids, R2's, Anakins, and Yoda's. The only two figures I'm missing in the foil version and haven't seen anywhere are the Battle Damaged Darth Vader and the EVO Trooper.

The battle Damaged Vader with the 1st day was my first Star Wars action figure ever, haha. That's a trip. I have 2 1st day EVO troopers as well. I bought 2 to open one, but since they're both 1st day foils I'm being stingy with opening one.

FundingMyAddiction
08-21-2008, 12:51 AM
The battle Damaged Vader with the 1st day was my first Star Wars action figure ever, haha. That's a trip. I have 2 1st day EVO troopers as well. I bought 2 to open one, but since they're both 1st day foils I'm being stingy with opening one.

I was lucky today. I ended up finding my first day Battle Damaged Vader at the back of one of the pegs at Wal-Mart. Now all I need is that damned EVO trooper. Which store did you end up finding yours at?

Banthaholic
08-21-2008, 07:08 PM
I completed mine at midnight release. Only took two area Walmarts.