PDA

View Full Version : Ever Returned Somethin & Regreted It?

PAA_707
08-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Sometimes I think I'm crazy. Last week I bought the Jedi Legacy and Rebel Pilot Legacy. And at first I was crazy about the Jedi Legacy and basically bought the Rebel Pilot Set to sell.

Well then I realized the only figure I really wanted in the Jedi Legacy was the Qui Gonn, and he looked especially funny with his giraffe neck. The Luke was alright, but I was planning on buying a 2nd Wal-Mart droid factory Luke and R2 so I can open one.

But to get to the point I returned the Rebel Pilot Legacy and chose to keep the Jedi Legacy. Boy am I regretting it now. After opening my XWing Luke with R2 I like it a lot. And those 3 other Pilot would have looked sicc lined up next to him. Didn't think about that til after the fact.

The messed up part is I returned it outta town, so I gotta roll out to go buy it again if I want it. Hopefully I can find 2 copies.

Neuroleptic
08-17-2008, 05:01 PM
I have never returned anything for Star Wars, so I can't say I have any regrets there.

I DO however, regret selling one or two of the 600 figures I sold about four years ago.

Most of all? POTF2 Yoda. Another thread I commented in made me remember him and just how cool he'd look with a few of my new jedi.

cookiemonster
08-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Actually have know regrets about anything, as I very rarely sell figures or return figures in the first place, I have the entire EVO Anakin Set - I will never use them.

DarkArtist
08-17-2008, 07:03 PM
i've never really returned anything before yet have regretted not buying certain items and never seeing them again. ie Anakin's Clone Wars Starfighter (even though I was finally able to get one last week at TRU).

DarkJedi5
08-17-2008, 10:06 PM
More often it's the one that got away... you see a figure on the shelf, have five others in the cart and figure it'll be there next time and you never see it again. I had to shell out big bucks on eBay to get a few of the vintage figures I passed on early.

Blue2th
08-17-2008, 10:56 PM
No, but I've often regretted not returning a few figures. :yes:

CaptainSolo1138
08-17-2008, 10:58 PM
I got herpes once and returned them to the chick's mom. Come to find out it was her dad.:cry:

Phantom-like Menace
08-18-2008, 12:45 AM
The only thing I've ever returned in my life was a BB gun that came out of the package with a bad seal. I exchanged it for a more expensive pellet gun and paid the difference. Obviously no regrets.

PAA_707
08-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Damn it's crazy that I see some of you never have returned items. I'm the type of person that'll buy things on a whim, and just say hey return it later if I don't want it. I've returned a lot of Star Wars figures the past few weeks. Mostly because I buy 2 of everything, and at first I never thought I'd keep finding 1st day foils. But I did, so I ended up having to return like 4-5 figures because I didn't want 3 of the same thing, haha.

I had a bunch of movies I got as gifts as well, and already wore out my 3 returns a year without a receipt at Wal-Mart. Even though some Wal-Marts still claim they don't return without a receipt, bastards. I'm 24, but I look like a tatted up 15-17 year old, so I'm always getting hastled by every other person.

I remember I was returning a controller for my computer, with my receipt, for the exact same one. Some annoying old black breezy kept saying SOME FUNNY IS GOIN ON. Then the controller started vibratin, and she was all SEE IT WORKS, HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKIN ABOUT. Boy that ****ed me off, just because a controller vibrates doesn't mean it works attached to the computer. I'll stop, now, I took this a whole other direction, haha.

JediTricks
08-19-2008, 01:19 AM
Returns are very difficult here in LA now, Target and Walmart are ok about it but even there they give you resistance unless there's a defect involved.

Back in the day though, everybody took stuff back pretty easily, I bought a lot of stuff at TRU in the '90s that they took back no questions asked, basically a "try or buy" policy. I remember in '95 I returned a long-saber Vader to TRU because the saber was too long. :rolleyes: Not the best call I ever made as a collector.