PDA

View Full Version : Six Degrees of Star Wars... Connecting YOU!

stillakid
08-17-2008, 07:46 PM
How close are YOU to anything related to Star Wars?

Maybe you worked on a Star Wars movie or something related to the movies. Or maybe you worked WITH someone connected to the movies. Or maybe you know someone who worked on something connected to Star Wars.

So, how close are YOU to Star Wars? :love:

TeeEye7
08-17-2008, 08:17 PM
I saw Steve Sansweet hawking SW wares on QVC years ago. That's how pathetically close I am. :dis:

Mad Slanted Powers
08-17-2008, 09:18 PM
I saw the sign (not an Ace of Base reference), for Lucas Valley Rd. when I was down in California last month. However, it was late and we didn't have time to drive up there to see if we could see Skywalker Ranch.

LTBasker
08-17-2008, 09:21 PM
I thought this was an impossible task, but actually managed to find a connection.

Me -> My Mom -> Troy Aikman's sister -> Troy Aikman -> Renee Zellweger -> Ewan McGregor

-My Mom worked with Troy Aikman's sister years ago
-Troy Aikman portrayed himself in Jerry Maguire
-Renee Zellweger was in Jerry Maguire as Dorothy Boyd
-Ewan McGregor was in Miss Potter as Norman Warne with Renee Zellweger playing the title character

Blue2th
08-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Liam Neeson > Ewan McGregor > Gregory

Liam Neeson played Rob Roy MacGregor a famous Scottish swordsman who defied the British crown in the movie Rob Roy.

Ewan McGregor is a Scotsman who played along side of Liam Neeson in Star Wars as Jedi, who is probably related to the original Rob Roy.

The Gregory's are decendants of Rob Roy MacGregor, who after incurring the wrath of the English, ran away to Australia to hide. (or more than likely were deported) according to my Grandmother who was a Gregory.

Kidhuman
08-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Me - Rob Liotta - Natalie Portman

I worked with a guy named Rob Liotta who grew up in the same town and Natalie Portman

El Chuxter
08-17-2008, 11:57 PM
I've got a buddy who went to college with Nathan (?) Hamill, who was in TPM (and is the son of Mark).

If you want to go true six degrees, I'm in my wedding video with my now brother-in-law. He was in Two Can Play That Game (a truly wretched movie) with Vivica A Fox. She appeared in Kill Bill Vol. 1 with Uma Thurman, who in turn appeared in Pulp Fiction with Samuel L "Mace Windu" Jackson).

Rocketboy
08-18-2008, 12:08 AM
My Great (possibly Great) Aunt babysat Charlton Heston as a kid.
Heston was in Planet of the Apes (2001) with makeup by Rick Baker.
Rick Baker did the makeup for Star Wars.

Jargo
08-18-2008, 06:17 AM
Simon Williamson. lived just round the corner from me, literally, when I was young. my sister was at church choir with him (and had a crush on him) in the late 1970's and he was one of the two puppeteers inside Max Rebo. He also worked on the little shop of horrors movie as a puppeteer which was directed by Frank Oz.

also my boarding school headmaster's brother was an extra in one of the original trilogy yet for some reason it isn't listed on his IMDB page anymore. If i remember right he was a rebel of some description. he was also 5th elder in Superman the movie which is by the by, but i thought it was pretty cool as far as movie credits go.

Neuroleptic
08-18-2008, 07:14 AM
My grandmother went to school with Harrison Ford.

And one of her relatives was a construction worker in the sceen in the first Jurassic Park movie when they are putting the Viloceraptor in its pen, so . . . he's kinda a hop skip and a jump to Industrial Lights and Magic who made Star Wars.

I once saw a Jawa costume used in A New Hope in a museum . . .

Do any of those count?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-18-2008, 12:08 PM
I was an extra in That Thing You Do! that starred 1]Tom Hanks, who starred in Apollo 13 with (shock :eek: ) 2]Kevin Bacon, who starred in Footloose with 3]John Lithgow (voice of Yoda in the ESB radio drama) who starred in The Pelican Brief with 4]Julia Roberts who starred in Michael Collins which starred 5]Liam Neeson, who starred in Star Wars Episode II:Attack of the Clones (voiced "No!" ). Ta dah!

Qui-Long Gone
08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Well that was an easy game to play....I'm about 600 degrees from anything Star Wars. Thanks Stilla....

stillakid
08-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Well that was an easy game to play....I'm about 600 degrees from anything Star Wars. Thanks Stilla....

I'm here to help. :)

Hmm, for me, I worked with Nick Gillard last Summer on WANTED in Prague. At some point in my history, I worked on a movie with the Dolly Grip who worked on ANH. I shot an interview with James Earl Jones a while back. I had a tour of Skywalker Ranch about 13 years ago. Oh, and I met Jon Knowles on set a few years ago.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Sure, Stilla, you worked DIRECTLY with SW people, but how are you DISTANTLY connected? :D

That is quite impressive, in all seriousness.

bobafrett
08-18-2008, 10:30 PM
A picture of me sneaking up on Steve Sansweet at an FAO Swartz book signing.

JimJamBonds
08-19-2008, 05:21 PM
A picture of me sneaking up on Steve Sansweet at an FAO Swartz book signing.

Anyway you can prove that that is you!?!?! :D

bobafrett
08-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Anyway you can prove that that is you!?!?! :D

sadly, no. Well unless you ask my son who took the picture.

JediTricks
08-20-2008, 12:48 AM
Ok, but now you have to connect Sansweet to SW. :evil:

bobafrett
08-20-2008, 01:24 AM
Ok, but now you have to connect Sansweet to SW. :evil:

Isn't he a Lucas "Yes" man? :razz:

figrin bran
08-20-2008, 03:00 AM
If online acquaintances count, we're all just 2 degrees removed from someone who contributed vastly to the SW universe.

We all know Roojay who works for a particular purveyor and producer of animated films. Said company's latest film featured huge contributions from this Ben Burtt whom I've heard contributed mightily to the SW films.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-20-2008, 11:09 AM
... from this Ben Burtt whom I've heard contributed mightily to the SW films.Heard? Heard?!? I get it! :pleased:

2-1B
08-21-2008, 06:22 PM
I fluff Rock McCallum before he goes on set.

Jargo
08-21-2008, 07:15 PM
you filthy swine! get thee to a nunnery.

figrin bran
08-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Heard? Heard?!? I get it! :pleased:

Thank you for taking notice BCJ!

Just for that, I'll make a vintage BCJ styled list when the opportunity arises

stillakid
08-22-2008, 01:54 AM
I fluff Rock McCallum before he goes on set.

Oh yeah, you just reminded me that I know his daughter.

bobafrett
08-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh yeah, you just reminded me that I know his daughter.

Who, Rick McCallum, or his fluffer?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-23-2008, 11:18 AM
With all the negativity thrown at Rick, wouldn't it be better to say "... the fool, or the one who fluffs him?" ;)

Let me try another one:
I ran the 1500m in a meet where Olympic hopeful Dave Johnson was competing (and I ran a faster time! :pleased: ), who did commercials for Reebok with fellow actually-made-the-Olympics athlete Dan O'Brien... Shaquille O'Neal (another Irishman :p ) made basketball commercials for Reebok, and starred in a basketball movie, Blue Chips, with Nick Nolte, who was in The Thin Red Line, also starring George Clooney, who starred in Ocean's Eleven with Brad Pitt, who co-starred in The Devil's Own with Harrison Ford.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-23-2008, 11:38 AM
With all the negativity thrown at Rick, wouldn't it be better to say "... the fool, or the one who fluffs him?" ;)

Let me try another one:
I ran the 1500m in a meet where Olympic hopeful Dave Johnson was competing (and I ran a faster time! :pleased: ), who did commercials for Reebok with fellow actually-made-the-Olympics athlete Dan O'Brien... Shaquille O'Neal (another Irishman :p ) made basketball commercials for Reebok, and starred in a basketball movie, Blue Chips, with Nick Nolte, who was in The Thin Red Line, also starring George Clooney, who starred in Ocean's Eleven with Brad Pitt, who co-starred in The Devil's Own with Harrison Ford.In that case, I was at the 1993 U.S. Track & Field Championships where Dan O'Brien won the Decathlon, and I touched the hand of another event champion, World Record holder Kevin Young in the 400m Hurdles, as he did his victory lap.

sith_killer_99
08-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I met Rick McCallum at Celebration III, I shook his hand.

I also met Kenny Baker and Jeremy Bulloch at a Con in Indianapolis, I got my silver R2 and silver Fett figures autographed by them.

Also during Celebration III I met Zachariah Jensen (Kit Fisto) while we were waiting over night for the doors to open. He came over around 2 a.m. and hung out with us for a good 30 minutes. He was really cool!:D

Also at Celebration III my daughter and I met tons of Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Padme', R2-D2, Jango Fett and Boba Fett. LOL;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-23-2008, 04:54 PM
There's not much apart from convention appearances/autograph signings. I did see Dave Filoni (and now people actually know who he is) walking around CIV and talked to him a few minutes about filmmaking and got my picture with him. He was a good guy.

TeeEye7
08-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I also met Kenny Baker and Jeremy Bulloch at a Con in Indianapolis, I got my silver R2 and silver Fett figures autographed by them.

OMG! I took my son to meet Kenny Baker years ago at a local scal--er--
collectibles store years ago. How could I have forgotten! Please ignore my first post here. I guess I'm closer to SW than I thought! Baker also signed some carded figs, too! We even had a photo taken....I have no idea where it is. My son has it ferreted away someplace. I'll have to look for it. Hmmmm....

stillakid
08-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Who, Rick McCallum, or his fluffer?

Hmm.

Rick's actually. The "fluffer" is French I believe.

plasticfetish
08-24-2008, 04:43 AM
I grew up in Marin County, and lived for a time out in a little town called Lagunitas, not far from Skywalker Ranch. (As a matter of fact, I used to ride my 10-speed out past the ranch... back when I was young enough to peddle through those hills.)

One night, when I was a little older (high school), two friends and I were arrested for allegedly "breaking into a church." One of those friends was Dave Korty, son of director John Korty, who was out of town working at the time, so I'm not sure who picked Dave up from the police station that night. (Maybe their maid.)

My aunt sold real estate in Marin for years, and helped a few "ILM employees" find homes.

I once accompanied Steve to a press event at Skywalker Ranch, and was only allowed to enter because he insisted that he couldn't be there without his "manservant." I felt a little awkward, but when I later saw the look of envy on Philip Wise's face (he'd forgot to bring a manservant), it was all worth it.

;)

bobafrett
08-24-2008, 06:19 PM
I partied with Peter Mayhew at Celebration II, he wasn't very nice, grouchy old wookie. He had on a leather jacket that had a picture of chewy at the drums, and beneath it read "Chewy Rocks" I also partied with Michael Sheard at that same party! Didn't he pass away not to long ago?

bobafrett
08-24-2008, 06:29 PM
I found the two poor quality pictures that I saved to printroom of the Star Wars celebs. That is me in the "Got Armor" t-shirt.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-24-2008, 06:29 PM
I partied with Peter Mayhew at Celebration II, he wasn't very nice, grouchy old wookie. He had on a leather jacket that had a picture of chewy at the drums, and beneath it read "Chewy Rocks" I also partied with Michael Sheard at that same party! Didn't he pass away not to long ago?
Wikipedia says August 31, 2005, so almost three years ago. It also mentioned this:

In the Space: 1999 science fiction television series, he played Dr. Darwin King in the episode, "Dragon's Domain", and was therein the first on-screen victim of a screaming, human-eating, unoptic, tentacular monster residing in a space-ship grave-yard behind planet Ultra on the fringe of the Solar System.That is one episode I remember from that series. I don't remember much about it other than the tentacular monster. I'd like to see that again and see if I recognize Admiral Ozzel.