PDA

View Full Version : Does Ahoska Appear In Original Episode 2: Cw??

PAA_707
08-18-2008, 11:05 AM
When I first saw that she was in the cartoon I knew I had seen her before. I knew she couldn't be, whose name I didn't know at the time, Shaak Ti. Because Shaak Ti couldn't have been Anakin's padawan obviously, because she was a Jedi far before Anakin.

But anyhow I was watching the orginal Clone Wars on DVD last night and the part when Obi-Wan is looking for the planet Kamino in the Jedi Archives and he notices the gravity but no sign of the planet. So he goes to Yoda, who is teaching all the young Jedi how to block laser shots.

So when Yoda tells the children to tell Obi-Wan hello, and they all take off there little helmets to the far left there is a young Jedi the same species as Shaak Ti and Ahoska. And thinking about it, you could consider it to be her.

Because the cartoon takes place towards the end of the Clone Wars, obvoiusly because Anakin has his regular haircut instead of the Padawan braid. And the movie is right at the begining of the Clone Wars and that young, whatever species she is, looks about 10-12, so it's reasonable to say she could have aged a few years, and became Anakin's Padawan. Just a thought.

mtriv73
08-18-2008, 11:22 AM
The Togruta youngling from the movie was named Ashla. Hasbro made a figure out of her that came in a 2 pack with another youngling named Jempa.

sebillba
08-18-2008, 11:25 AM
No, it's not Ashoka.... like you say, she's the same species (Togruta), but that Jedi youngling is called Ashla (similar name!). If you're interested, there's already a figure of her: http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0316ashlajempa.asp

jedi master sal
08-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Hmm, I wonder how long it will be before someone puts up an Ashla figure on eBay and calls it "Ahsoka as a child"...

bigbarada
08-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Well, she was never actually called "Ashla" onscreen, so it's just a matter of time before she is retconned into Ahsoka.:rolleyes:

PAA_707
08-19-2008, 08:47 AM
If that was the case they should have named Ahoska after the girl on the original Clone Wars. I don't see why not, it seems like a coo idea to me. Maybe they didn't like the name Ashla, maybe they'll say her name is Ashla Ahoska. I'm a f**kin genius, cuze it sounds good to me. George Lucas should hire me to help write Episode 7.

mtriv73
08-19-2008, 11:07 AM
George Lucas should hire me to help write Episode 7.

It certainly wouldn't hurt the dialog

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Ashla is way too young to be Ahsoka, unless she aged six years in just a few months. I read that in the develoment of Ahsoka, she was at one point going to be a Twi'lek and at another point she was to be named Ashla, so maybe that was the same one.

But, it's definitely not Ashla Ahsoka . . . Anakin's Padawan is Ahsoka Tano.

PAA_707
08-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Ashla is way too young to be Ahsoka, unless she aged six years in just a few months. I read that in the develoment of Ahsoka, she was at one point going to be a Twi'lek and at another point she was to be named Ashla, so maybe that was the same one.

But, it's definitely not Ashla Ahsoka . . . Anakin's Padawan is Ahsoka Tano.

How can you say she aged 6 years in 2 months? I'm not sure exactly how long the Clone Wars lasted, but the original movie was based towards the very begining obviously. And Anakin was still Obi-Wan's Padawan at the time, with his funny style braid.

Then the new cartoon is obviously based towards the end of the Clone Wars because Anakin has his normal haircut, and I'm guessing he graduated the Jedi Trials or he wouldn't have been able to take a Padawan. So 6 years seems like a reasonable timeframe. Although like I said I'm not sure how long the Clone Wars actually lasted. I saw a timeline before, I'm going to go check that right now.

PAA_707
08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Well the Clone Wars lasted about 4 years, so I mean it is still possible it could be turned to be Ahoska. I mean a Padawan can be about 13-15 right? Because the kid was at least 10-12 years old, I'm guessing. I'm I kickin a dead horse or what? Just somethin to talk about.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2008, 07:53 PM
First of all, they look nothing alike apart from being the same species. Here's Ashla (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ashla_%28Jedi%29), and here's Ahsoka (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano). The markings on their faces are very different, and I don't think that's just a trait of the animation.

Second, ROTS and the end of the war (Utapau) are three years after AOTC and the start of the war (Geonosis). The timeline of the war is somewhat hazy due to the overlapping of the shows, novels, comics, and video games (to me, anyway), but this new movie/show takes place after Anakin is knighted (look at the old show). This new movie/show more or less takes place when he's running around saving the other Jedi, before he and Obi-Wan reappear with their new haircuts, hence Anakin's long-but-not-that-long haircut seen in the new movie/show, so it's at least a few months after AOTC. It's my understanding that the members of the Bear Clan (the younglings in AOTC) were between four and eight in AOTC, and Ahsoka is 14 when she becomes Anakin's Padawan, meaning it's impossible for Ashla and Ahsoka to be the same character.

Though as you said, it's an interesting idea, but ultimately an incorrect one.

PAA_707
08-19-2008, 08:09 PM
You know what they say all Togrutas look alike. You're right though their facial feature are totally different. Ashla has big white circles around her eyes like a racoon and Ahoska just has white lines over her eye brows.

Thanks for ruining my idea, hopes, and dreams, I worked my *** off puttin that together, heh heh.