PDA

View Full Version : Finally!! Its Been Found!

PAA_707
08-20-2008, 04:32 PM
After searching, and searching and searching. I never saw the Scuba Clone in person. And screwed up and passed on Snowbunny Padme, because I was stressin on small dings on the box.

Well stopped by Target and boom finally saw 1 Scuba Clone and 1 Snowbunny Padme. The boxes were in pretty good condition, some small dings, but I wasn't gonna be stupid and pass on them. Especially the Scuba Clone. Only if there were 2 then I could open one, dammit.

On a side note, how come there isn't a Scuba Clone with the 1st day foil sticker? Wasn't this the first time this Clone Troopoer was released? Along with the Clone with light blue trim?

Ando
08-20-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't honestly remember. I've got 6 SCUBA Troopers and 1 ARC Quad Gunner and I opened all of mine up.

El Chuxter
08-20-2008, 06:21 PM
IIRC, none of the realistic Clone Wars figures had a "First Day of Issue" sticker since they weren't actually planned to be released on 7/26... it's just that some stores got them, and they couldn't be put on shelves before that day.

If the "First Day" is a big deal to you, I'm sure a lot of stores didn't put their figures out in the right order, and they'll have a box or two of them in the back.

Kidhuman
08-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I would say they didnt since the release date was 8/15.

PAA_707
08-21-2008, 04:34 PM
IIRC, none of the realistic Clone Wars figures had a "First Day of Issue" sticker since they weren't actually planned to be released on 7/26... it's just that some stores got them, and they couldn't be put on shelves before that day.

If the "First Day" is a big deal to you, I'm sure a lot of stores didn't put their figures out in the right order, and they'll have a box or two of them in the back.

I already have every "First Day" Foil Sticker possibly made. Way ahead of you buddy. I was just wondering why the Scuba Clone doesn't have a 1st day sticker, when I don't think it was ever released before this.

PAA_707
08-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Anyhow I came back in here because yesterday was the first day I've ever seen the Scuba Clone in person so I bought it right away. Then today I had a lil cash so I went to go see if Wal-Mart put anything out finally cuze the past couples days it has been thrashed. Still nothin.

I didn't want to go to Target, because of there new jacked up prices, but it isn't that big of a deal, at least not like KB. Back on point, so I'm searching and what do I find. MY SECOND SCUBA CLONE. Tell me what are the chances of that. I've been looking nonstop almost every other day for random figures, and I never saw it before yesterday.

I go today again and I see 1 more, so of course I snatched it up. So now I have 2 and I can open one, hahahahahahahahahahaha.

JediTricks
08-21-2008, 05:13 PM
1st day of issue is only for the first waves of the CW and TLC lines.

Ando
08-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Congrats on the find, dude.

These are some of my favorite clones. I really love all of the toys from the original Clone Wars (micro)Series.

Banthaholic
08-21-2008, 08:34 PM
To be blunt, don't we have a just found section, and August Hauls section in the General Discussion section?

Congrats on your find. There's nothing like finding the figure you're looking for in the wild.

PAA_707
08-21-2008, 11:37 PM
To be blunt, don't we have a just found section, and August Hauls section in the General Discussion section?

Congrats on your find. There's nothing like finding the figure you're looking for in the wild.

A lot of the time those sections get stale, and people don't check them as often. I just thought I'd share it because I know a lot of cats have been looking for the Scuba Clone as well.

I still haven't opened it either, I'm saving it for the morning for when I dose up and I got a lil thizzilini goin.

DarkArtist
08-24-2008, 03:19 PM
i think i have about 3 of the Scuba Trooper and 4 of the Quad Gun Trooper - all opened. now if I can only make a display to showcase the Scuba Clone along with Kit Fisto.

I'm thinking of using the Hunt for Grievous sets along with the Quad Clone the Animated Grievous and the Clone Wars Gunship to make a display of the scene from the animated series.

Ando
08-25-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm thinking of using the Hunt for Grievous sets along with the Quad Clone the Animated Grievous and the Clone Wars Gunship to make a display of the scene from the animated series.

That's what I did last night. I used 4 of the blue Hunt for Grievous ARC Troopers and 4 of the ARC Trooper Alpha figures (from the 2007 comic pack) along with Captain Fordo and the Quad Gunner clone who was in the Hunt for Grievous scenes from Volume II of the Clone Wars (micro) series.

I also used 2 of the Phase I clone pilots from the new Imperial Pilot Legacy Evo pack to pilot their custom Gunship.

It's not a diorama or anything, I just have it displayed on top of the bookshelf next to the TV.