PDA

View Full Version : FX-7 & Zutton Wave for $0.25 at Walmart!

Hobbes089
02-17-2002, 04:05 AM
Yesterday, I stopped by a Walmart in Warrenton, Virginia on the way to see a friend. I walked in the toy aisle and FINALLY found the FX-7 & Zutton wave on the shelf. I grabbed on of each and headed for the check out. When he rang me up, he said "$1.57 is your total". I asked him if something was wrong with the machine. I looked over the receipt and sure enough, ALL STAR WARS FIGURES FOR $0.25 EACH. I calmly walked to my car and placed the bag in the seat. I quickly ran back in and grabbed all of the figures that I could handle.

The figures have been on the shelf for a while, so I guess that is why they were reduced. Final total:

32 figures=$8.36

I am not sure if all Walmart's will have this price, but check them out. The figures are listed under full price, but were reduced at check out. Hit the walmarts and GOOD LUCK!!!

Hobbes089
Uttini
"THE JAWA BOUNTY HUNTER"
"ONE VERY HAPPY JAWA BOUNTY HUNTER".

SirSteve
02-17-2002, 09:40 AM
Anyone else find this?

SithDroid
02-17-2002, 12:00 PM
No. I've been waiting for the FX-7 wave and Zutton wave here forever. I'm beginning to give up hope. Hobbes089, you wouldn't be willing to sell a set to me would you? If the cards are mangled, I don't care. I'd just open that set and then find a nice set somewhere else to keep in the package.

InsaneJediGirl
02-17-2002, 12:30 PM
SirSteve :

I live in Florida,and my dad works at Wal-Mart.I asked him
and they are still $6.44 in the Marion county area.

I envy you Hobbes089 :D

S3PO
02-17-2002, 12:54 PM
I am also in FL in the north miami/south broward area. I found Zutton and Eoth Koth yesteday at a local Wal-mart but they were also the $6.44.

Lord Tenebrous
02-17-2002, 02:38 PM
I dunno, I kind of envy the 4.5% sales tax, too. I'm still stuck in collecting purgatory.

FX-7 will never be reasonably mine. :(

droidekas2
02-17-2002, 02:58 PM
In Tampa, Florida all our peg warmers are still full price at Walmart.

JediDan
02-17-2002, 04:11 PM
$.25?? That is awesome. WAY better then the price at my local Wal-Mart out of Minneapolis. I picked up the same wave but at $1.95 each. I got 10 figures for under $20. Can't go wrong with that. What a find. Way to go.:D

Sidiously Darth
02-17-2002, 06:20 PM
Insane,

Your dad works at WM? You should have an inside track to what comes into the store.

If anything good comes in, don't forget about your fellow collectors here in the Central FL area. :D

Lord Tenebrous
02-17-2002, 06:50 PM
My father is an assistant manager at a Kmart in Brevard Co, and I refuse to ask him what's on the roster. I haven't even shown him the new stuff.

But lately I wonder if I should. I mean, I really have had no luck with FX-7 or Amanaman, and who knows, maybe they're sitting in his store.

I may never know. :zzz: But maybe I should ask him what the new figures will be retailing for, just for the sake of comparison.

InsaneJediGirl
02-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Orginally posted by Sidiously Darth
Insane,

Your dad works at WM? You should have an inside track to what comes into the store.

If anything good comes in, don't forget about your fellow collectors here in the Central FL area. :D

No problem Sidiously,I'll keep all you posted on what I know.Best
time to shop for figures here is between 3 a.m. and 9:30 a.m....Thats when stock is put out,Wonder if that helps any?

Lord Tenebrous-
I dont see what harm it could do :D

GNT
02-18-2002, 12:40 AM
Well at least we know where all the FX-7 & Zutton Wave are :mad:

hamsterboy
02-18-2002, 01:24 AM
I saw a back load of these today at Wal-Mart but not at $.25. Still full price.

jedi master sal
02-18-2002, 08:54 AM
I found them both here in PA, but at full price. I asked the person in the toy area if the price was coming down (some other people here have reported dramatic drops in prices from wal mart). They said not to their knowledge. I went to a different one and they haven't had "new figs" since christmas. He said figs that were received before christmas were $3 and those received afterward were full price.

I just wish that wal mart was consistent everywhere. It is very hard to believe $.25 for a fig but I did get the three pack droid fighter at a TRU about 6 months ago (bought 12 sets and opened them all).

Anyway, good find hobbes.

Jayspawn
02-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Well one thing is for sure, my Wal-Marts are the last place in the world you would go to find new figures. You'd have better luck at Walgreens!

icatch9
02-18-2002, 01:30 PM
I have found them for a buck at a Wal-Mart in Central Illinois, and two dollars at a Crazy Wal-Mart last October. But I have been at many many Wal-Marts in Cenrtal and Northern Illinois, and even Southern Wisconsin and haven't found them on sale at all. I bet that each Wal-Mart is differnt and that each manager says what is on sale and what is not. As soon at the AOTC stuff comes out everyone will try and get rid of the POTJ stuff, just like with POTF2 stuff. It will happen, just like it happend before.

Turbowars
02-18-2002, 07:57 PM
.25 for a new POTJ figure, ya right, I don't believe it! Show some proof. Post the receipt!!

Hobbes089
02-21-2002, 09:17 PM
I do not have a scanner, or digital camera to post the receipt. All I have is a huge bundle of figures that I got for $0.25 each? Why in the hell would I buy 32, or more figures for full price. There is plenty of past experience to show that these figures may end up in the TRU Clearance for $1.97 each. Anyone remember the FF's almost two years ago? The people who don't believe are the ones who will NOT find the deals.

Hobbes089
Uttini
"THE JAWA BOUNTY HUNTER".