PDA

View Full Version : The beer thread

El Chuxter
08-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Is it okay to discuss beer here?

CaptainSolo1138 and pegger have been discussing in one of the toy threads, and I thought this might be a more appropriate place for discussion exclusively devoted to beer (and any tangents the thread may take).

I'm not advocating getting ****-faced drunk, or underaged drinking. I drink beer occasionally, usually only one at a given time, and actually drink for the flavor rather than the alcohol content. So I'm interested in what folks' thoughts on various beers are.

I tend to like ales (dark rather than light--pale ale maintains the bitter tones but takes away the strong flavor) and stouts over lagers, or at least what passes for lager in the US (though there are exceptions--Samuel Adams being a notable one).

As a rule, the best mass-produced beer comes from English-speaking nations other than the US. England's Newcastle is probably my favorite (though Sam Adams' Cherry Wheat really gives it a run for its money with the sweetness and cherry flavor), and Guinness and Molson's are pretty close behind.

Disregarding microbrews, local breweries (something like Yuengling that's widespread in one region but altogether unavailable elsewhere), and specialty brewers (Sam Adams, and it looks like Michelob is trying to go that route), American beer is bottled goat urine. I can tolerate Miller (MGD is actually not bad), but I'd die of dehydration if there were only Coors and Budweiser to drink in this world. (Bud obviously puts their money into making cool commercials. I'm skeptical about their ads for a forthcoming ale, even with them being bought out by Europeans who probably will ignore their new moral obligation to make beer that doesn't suck.)

CaptainSolo1138
08-21-2008, 03:55 PM
I love beer. Like Chux, I don't drink to get rip-s*ittin' hammered but rather to enjoy it. I regularly attend the "World Expo of Beer" in Frankenmuth, MI every year to not only find new beers but to taste ones that are there every year but not available locally. My in-laws just recently moved out to Colarado, the home of Avery brewery, which is one of my favorites (Hazed and Infused is the best dry-hopped ale in the world). Coupled with the fact that my father-in-law is the best homebrewer I know, I'm really looking forward to visiting them this Christmas.

Being in Michigan, I have a lot of microbrew options. The two best are Bell's and Michigan Brewing Company. Bell's makes an incredible summer ale (Oberon) and a great cream stout. Michigan Brewing Company is far less available (you can buy Bell's at Walmart) so I usually buy whatever is available.

Alton was brewing a pale ale on "Good Eats" a week or so ago. It didn't look like the beer itself was anything remarkable, but he broke the process down better than any professional brewer ever could.

ncbarrett
08-21-2008, 03:59 PM
I love beer. Like Chux, I don't drink to get rip-s*ittin' hammered but rather to enjoy it. I regularly attend the "World Expo of Beer" in Frankenmuth, MI every year to not only find new beers but to taste ones that are there every year but not available locally. My in-laws just recently moved out to Colarado, the home of Avery brewery, which is one of my favorites (Hazed and Infused is the best dry-hopped ale in the world). Coupled with the fact that my father-in-law is the best homebrewer I know, I'm really looking forward to visiting them this Christmas.

Being in Michigan, I have a lot of microbrew options. The two best are Bell's and Michigan Brewing Company. Bell's makes an incredible summer ale (Oberon) and a great cream stout. Michigan Brewing Company is far less available (you can buy Bell's at Walmart) so I usually buy whatever is available.

Alton was brewing a pale ale on "Good Eats" a week or so ago. It didn't look like the beer itself was anything remarkable, but he broke the process down better than any professional brewer ever could.

You ever been to Copper Canyon Brewery (11 mile along I-696 & Telegraph)?
I haven't had their beer, but heard it is good.
Their food is good.

CaptainSolo1138
08-21-2008, 04:03 PM
You ever been to Copper Canyon Brewery (11 mile along I-696 & Telegraph)?
I haven't had their beer, but heard it is good.
Their food is good.No I haven't. In fact, I've never heard of it. Is their stuff available anywhere outside of the Detroit area?

ncbarrett
08-21-2008, 04:14 PM
I dont think so.
but if you are in the area you could check it out.
here is website.

http://www.coppercanyonbrewery.com/

Kidhuman
08-21-2008, 04:15 PM
I prefer Cider to beer. I drink one-two at a time. I dont drink to get wasted(anymore), but like the flavoring of it. When I go out to dinner I usually drink a beer with the appetizer.

ncbarrett
08-21-2008, 04:17 PM
another MI brewery I've been to and enjoyed the food is in Grand Rapids.

Grand Rapids Brewing CO.
http://www.michiganmenu.com/grbrewing.html

mabudonicus
08-21-2008, 04:33 PM
I recently had the displeasure of having 2 beers that I could barely choke down

I like stouts, porters and stuff THE best, but the selection here is laughable for the most part. I would argue with Chux that German beer is pretty much THE beer. Besides RauchBier I haven't had a German beer I didn't like.

Right now we're drinkin pretty much "service grade" beer (we have drank some sweet beers this week, but we're FLAT broke due to the washroom demolition/renovation) , many brands of which are MUCH better than standard Molsons or Labbatt offerings- I can't actually drink any products from either especially when they cost 40$ for a 24 next to 26$ for the "no name" type beers which actually DO taste better, and not cos they're cheap.

:beard: Iso&Baws

Just cracked a 950 matter of fact, NOT a 710 ;)

El Chuxter
08-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Maybe it's because I only buy beer on sale (in CA, pretty much every brand of mass-produced beer is on sale somewhere in a given week), but I'm a little surprised Molson's is so much cheaper here. My experience with German beer for the most part is limited; I keep associating it with that Heineken swill, but have to remind myself that's Dutch and not German, and probably not indicative of the good stuff even from the Netherlands.

I recently discovered Trader Joe's beer section. Obviously, I've always known it was there, and had a lot of more obscure beers, but I didn't realize they're actually quite cheap ($5.99-$6.99 for a six pack, likely because they deal directly with the brewers rather than go through a distributor). As I get there once a week at most, I've decided to pick up a six pack of something new every other trip or so. I got a stout last time that was quite good, but I don't recall the name offhand. I also got a Granny Smith cider that's not bad; though it's not the best cider I've ever had by a long shot, my wife actually rather likes it (and she hates almost all beer).

Has anyone tried home brewing? I don't mean the "pour the ready-made mix into our proprietary machine" stuff, but really making homemade beer or cider. I'd like to try it, but need to clear some space in the garage for it.

2-1B
08-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Beer is disgusting. I hate it.

CaptainSolo1138
08-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Has anyone tried home brewing? I don't mean the "pour the ready-made mix into our proprietary machine" stuff, but really making homemade beer or cider. I'd like to try it, but need to clear some space in the garage for it.
The only experience I've had with it is through my father-in-law, but since he likes to explain stuff and talk about it at length, I've picked up quite a bit.

Clear out a closet or a corner of the basement. I know California is a bit more temperate than Michigan, but its important that it stays in a place with a constant temperature. Be prepared for the smell in that general area (don't pick the closet in the nursery:)). TAKE YOUR TIME. It takes a week minimum for brewing (at least two preferably) and another week or so to carbonate. The best part is that 5 gallons of home brew will cost you about $20 or so depending on what you make (if you do a home made Bud Lite-type beer it'll cost you less, whereas if you do a fine stout it'll cost a touch more).

El Chuxter
08-22-2008, 01:17 AM
I kinda got the idea from the "Amber Waves" episode of Good Eats. Trouble is, it's a pretty technical episode, with bazillions of steps, and I doubt it's online as a straight "recipe." Maybe if I'm good Santa will bring me the next mega-set of Good Eats DVDs so I can easily refer to it. It would be cheaper than buying the AT-TE, BMF Falcon, and Lars Homestead... though not by much.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Beer is disgusting. I hate it.I agree completely with this (minus the subtle sarcasm I detected :D ). It costs too much, tastes terribly, causes too many problems. But unless there's excess (and the sad, completely preventable consequences that can have awful ramifications), I don't judge those who can maintain their drinking of it. Beer in itself is not the problem; it's those who over-endulge, especially without caring.

I left my soapboxing in light text, so feel free to ignore it. :yes:

scruffziller
08-22-2008, 06:20 PM
I really like imported beer. Especially beer from Japan, like Tsing Tsao, Tiger, etc. I also love Red Stripe Jamaican Lager. But these beers have something in them that will make you not want to get up out of bed, even if you only have a few.

I recently have a new passion for Budweiser and Clamato. They sell it in the same can.

I do not like Light beer hardly at all. Unless it is free, but even then it is hard to swallow.

Phantom-like Menace
08-22-2008, 07:29 PM
I had a whole post that was quite long, but my computer just ate it. I even copied it to the clipboard just in case, but it's not there anymore.

I really like imported beer. Especially beer from Japan, like Tsing Tsao, Tiger, etc.

If you're talking about Tsingtao, that's a German-influenced Chinese beer. I'm personally not a fan of most of what comes out of Asia in terms of beer, but I'll occasionally grab a Sapporo when I'm having sushi.

Tenric78
08-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I enjoy beer. My favorites are Leinenkugals Honeyweiss, Leinenkugals Summer Shandy, Blue Moon, and Miller High Life.

CaptainSolo1138
08-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Leinenkugals Summer ShandyWhile I've never been told that its nasty, there is just something about lemonade and beer that doesn't sound right.

Blue Moon
Which? They don't make a bad version, but their spring ale is no match for Harvest Moon or their winter ale.

Tenric78
08-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Beer and Lemonade rules.

Man, I guess I never thought about the flavor of Blue Moon. It's whatever one that's usually on tap or the kind I buy in stores sometimes... I guess regular??

CaptainSolo1138
08-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Man, I guess I never thought about the flavor of Blue Moon. It's whatever one that's usually on tap or the kind I buy in stores sometimes... I guess regular??
Regular is usually the one on tap and the most common since its available all year. Blue Moon is usually my beer of choice when we go out, too.

Tenric78
08-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Regular is usually the one on tap and the most common since its available all year. Blue Moon is usually my beer of choice when we go out, too.

Cool cool.

In the beginning of the thread it was said that American beer is terrible... I find it funny that I've heard that overseas a lot of people drink Budweiser. Why? It sucks so hardcore. Is it just because it's "imported"?

mabudonicus
08-23-2008, 09:40 AM
I think the same thing when I see folks praising Molson's- it's expensive here too, as expensive as imported beer for some reason, but I can't stand it

At least nobody is praising Corona :D

CaptainSolo1138
08-23-2008, 09:53 AM
I love Molson.:mad:

Also, I bet the Dutch hate Heineken, but Douchy McFratboy drinks it up like crazy here.

pegger
08-23-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't venture into the Misc. threads enough.

I enjoy beer. I don't over-indulge like I used to, but I do enjoy it.

I enjoy all types - Stouts, lagers, ales, pilsners.

Generally speaking, the best pilsners are German or Czeck.

For Ales - the main "mass produced" brand I enjoy is Sleeman's - which is Canadian. The have a real nice Original Draught that is quite nice, espceially when cold - and for Indian Pale ale, it's Alexander Keiths.

Molson and Labatt's are toilet water.

For cheap drinking - I drink Laker - which is an Ontario beer - but it's crap. It's just dirt cheap.

Last month, I tried a REAL nice Double Chocolate stout. I was concerned about trying it - but the chocolate notes were really complementary to the stout fullness.

I agree with the previous post that most mass produced US beer is urine. But the same also holds true for most mass produced Canadian beer as well.

Now - the best beer I EVER had was in Africa - Congo to be exact. But Congo was a Belgian colony, and the Belgians know how to make good beer too.

mabudonicus
08-23-2008, 11:16 AM
what brand was thath chocolate stout, Pegger??

Is it that Fuller's one??

OH and if you want a DELUXE beer, Innis and Gunn is AMAZING but pretty expensive- it's the ONLY beer I truly enjoy that comes in a clear bottle- it's aged in whisky barrels and it's freakin amazing, truly a "one will do ya" beer.

The CRAZIEST beer I ever had was "Samuel Adams Triple Bock", it came in 375 ml bottles and was a whopping 17% alcohol, it took me all night to drink one.

Mmmm beer

scruffziller
08-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey what's the deal with Foster's being brought in from Canada instead of Australia? :D Sorry mabs.

My dad used to call Pabst Blue Ribbon, "Mississippi Slue Water" back in his youth in the late 60s.

And for him it isn't beer, it's "barley pop".:D He likes it as a "salty dog".

If you ever get a chance to tour a brewing plant, its great. I visited Miller's in Milwaukee.

mabudonicus
08-23-2008, 01:46 PM
No sweat, I don't drink the golden throat charmer much anyways...

Interesting thing about Pabst Blue Ribbon- with pretty much NO fanfare they're set out to make it and Schlitz good again, going back to the original recipes that actually WON it the blue ribbon in the first place. The story behind what happened to the beer over the years is funny, they did some WEIRD stuff to the recipe, in one instance they used this sea-wed derived additive to make it fizzy while using less grain, and after a month or so the stuff would curdle in the bottle resulting in literally chunky beer

Actually waiting for some beer to be delivered right now :D

pegger
08-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Mabs - I'm honestly not sure. Maybe? Dark purple label.

Groslch is pretty good too - for a summer beer. It's very light - but I love the flip top.

I had a friend that used to work at the Sleeman's brewery. His job was to drink the stuff. What a job. Paid to drink beer.

sith_killer_99
08-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Hornsby's Draft Cider rules!:thumbsup:

Banthaholic
08-23-2008, 05:42 PM
I enjoy beer. My favorites are Leinenkugals Honeyweiss, Leinenkugals Summer Shandy, Blue Moon, and Miller High Life.

Mmmm Honeywiess is one tasty beer.

I'm willing to try any beer once. One time I had a crazy micro with a jalapeno inside the 12 oz bottle. Wasn't my favorite, but always worth trying. I don't over indulge to much anymore. So micros/imports are good options.

scruffziller
08-24-2008, 10:16 AM

Which are all made by Miller now. Except Blue Moon that's by Coors.

My uncle's fiancÚ's father grew up in Milwaukee. Back in the 50s his friends were workers at all the different brewers in Milwaukee. They had lots of money, drove nice cars, had nice houses, clothes etc. While he was going to college to be a chemical engineer, and struggling financially.
During over those years as he began to make money from his degree, his friends were losing their jobs because all the brewing plants were closing up and only a few were remaining. I think Miller is the only one there; as far as major corporations. There are a good deal of microbreweries around. Like Spotted Cow. And I believe the alcohol content of beer out of Wisconsin is higher than in Iowa.

My dad loves it when his cousins from Pittsville(direct middle of the state), Wisconsin come down to pheasant hunt. They bring that good Wisconsin beer.:thumbsup:

Now, I cannot STAND Samuel Adams as rule. But it's CREAM STOUT flavor is one of my favs.

sith_killer_99
08-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Which are all made by Miller now. Except Blue Moon that's by Coors.

Actually they are all made by MillerCoors now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MillerCoors

Pete Coors is the chairman.;)

scruffziller
08-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Actually they are all made by MillerCoors now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MillerCoors

Pete Coors is the chairman.;)
That's funny, because I was going to leave my post as they were ALL made by Miller. But I hopped on Wikipedia and read about MolsonCoors. But the page mentioned nothing about MillerCoors untill I hit the MolsonCoors link. But it looks like Millercoors is just a joint venture and not a merger. A third company, it will only distribute Miller Lite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_Lite), Miller High Life (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_High_Life), Miller Genuine Draft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_Genuine_Draft), Coors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coors_Brewing_Company#United_States), Coors Light and Molson Canadian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molson_Canadian) in the United States. But reading about Blue Moon, I will have to try it out.

El Chuxter
08-25-2008, 01:41 PM
How did this go so far off topic, from beer to Coors, in such a short time?

sith_killer_99
08-25-2008, 08:07 PM
How did this go so far off topic, from beer to Coors, in such a short time?

Hey, it beats....

Hamm's the beer refreshing....Hamm's the beer refreshing....Hamm's!!!:p

JimJamBonds
08-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Hey, it beats....

Which beats Old Milwaukee.......

TeeEye7
08-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Pardon me while I go get an MDG.......:pleased:

It's ALWAYS on sale!

Tenric78
08-26-2008, 02:21 PM
I secretly like Pabst. It certainly doesn't hurt that it's friggen cheap.

pegger
08-26-2008, 02:34 PM
It certainly doesn't hurt that it's friggen cheap.

That's always the hallmark of a good beer. Besides - after the first 12 - who cares?

In University I used to drink Labatt's 50. For those that have never drunk it - here are some good stories about it.

I used to take it to parties, becuase I KNEW that even if there was not one drop of beer left, but mine, no one else would drink it.

In 1990 they changed the label...At bars we would play a game called "old label/new label" - where you would order a 50, and guess (before it came) if it had an old label, or new label. We played this game in 1995...and old label won more often than new label.

ah... good times.

scruffziller
08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
But reading about Blue Moon, I will have to try it out.
It's yummy smooth!!!:thumbsup::love::pleased:

El Chuxter
08-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Hey, it beats....

Which beats Old Milwaukee.......

So does peeing in a cup and drinking it, but you don't see me starting threads about that, do you? :p

Kidhuman
08-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Has anyone ever drank American Beer? It was the worst thing ever. It was about 4 bucks for a 24 pack. We drank it one night and we were wasted. I think eeryone of us threw up from it. I ended up walking home about 15 blocks bare foot and puking up stuff I hadnt eaten in weeks. I recall a pile of grey Macaroni salad on the sidewalk.

mabudonicus
08-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Pegger- that is freakin hilarious about 50, that beer is a running joke- I used to actually say the last batch was breweed in 1979 and they were still workin off that.. we all joke about that carp and how wacky it is that it still exists- your "old bottle/new bottle" story almost brought tears to my eyes... a few years ago we walked into a Lanny-type bar and on the wall in the foyer was a poster saying "Labbatt 50- the few- the PROUD" and I damn near died laughing at it.
You play "old bottle/new bottle" anytime recently??

That is a KILLER tale

JimJamBonds
08-27-2008, 09:37 AM
It's yummy smooth!!!:thumbsup::love::pleased:

Blue Moon is wonderfull!!!

pegger
08-27-2008, 02:53 PM
You play "old bottle/new bottle" anytime recently??

Is that a challenge?

mabudonicus
08-28-2008, 07:20 PM
IT IS A CHALLENGE.. NO.. IT IS A .....COMMAND!!!!!!

Seriously dude, we have to hook up at some point, we are of the same beer-mind and geographically close enough to make it easily feasable (sp??)

I once ordered a Brador at a strip club and I'l be damned if it wasn't 15+ years old and covered in dust- we used to actually go to the liquor store on saturday before we started partying and bought the dustiest close-out bottle we could find, which often turned out disastrous :)

Drinkin some CHEAP beer right now whilst painting the washroom door

pegger
08-28-2008, 07:25 PM
IT IS A CHALLENGE.. NO.. IT IS A .....COMMAND!!!!!!

Yeah - we gotta set soemthing up...I'm off in Africa in a week tho...It'll have to be October. But maybe we can get JJ to drive!
:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Anyone familiar with Optimator? I got one on draught at a restaurant on the recommendation of the waiter (it was this awesome sort of "gourmet burger" joint in San Diego, and they actually train waiters to make beer recommendations). It was similar to Newcastle, but with no bitterness. Even Mrs Chux liked it.

Bought a six-pack of it, though, and it is some real swill. There aren't two different Optimators out there, are there?

Blue2th
08-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Anyone familiar with Optimator? I got one on draught at a restaurant on the recommendation of the waiter (it was this awesome sort of "gourmet burger" joint in San Diego, and they actually train waiters to make beer recommendations). It was similar to Newcastle, but with no bitterness. Even Mrs Chux liked it.

Bought a six-pack of it, though, and it is some real swill. There aren't two different Optimators out there, are there?

Sometimes that happens because it's not fresh anymore.
It's the difference between Draft and bottled is my guess.

Myself, I'm hooked on micro-brews. All kinds in some of the better bars here. Lots of local brewers.

mtriv73
08-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Dogfish Head brewery in Delaware is definitely worth searching out. They sell their brews at stores in the area but you have to get them within a day or 2 of being stocked or they run out.

TeeEye7
08-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Dogfish Head brewery in Delaware is definitely worth searching out. They sell their brews at stores in the area but you have to get them within a day or 2 of being stocked or they run out.

Ya mean this stuff?

mtriv73
08-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Ya mean this stuff?

Exactly! Good Stuff (from someone who's had 1 beer all year.)

El Chuxter
04-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Saw this over at Yahoo:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100411/us_time/08599197870500;_ylt=ArRitrtFFqRVaocteleV9TKs0NUE;_ ylu=X3oDMTFpZnU5cHQyBHBvcwMzNgRzZWMDYWNjb3JkaW9uX2 1vc3RfcG9wdWxhcgRzbGsDc3VwZXItaGlnaGFs

I wonder how it tastes? That'd be the true question.

I also have to wonder about their marketing. "This is an extremely strong beer; it should be enjoyed in small servings and with an air of aristocratic nonchalance. It is exactly the same manner you would enjoy a fine whisky, a Frank Zappa album or a visit from a friendly yet anxious ghost." Yet, you can and should listen to most Frank Zappa albums over and over, so is it recommending alcohol poisoning?

Darth Jax
04-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Beer is disgusting. I hate it.
my man card has been threatened many times because i can't get the stuff anywhere near my lips. the smell alone is enough to keep me from drinking it. (and yeah, i got the sarcasm)

So does peeing in a cup and drinking it, but you don't see me starting threads about that, do you? :p

maybe you should. it might attract as much interest as this old thread

JimJamBonds
04-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Saw this over at Yahoo:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100411/us_time/08599197870500;_ylt=ArRitrtFFqRVaocteleV9TKs0NUE;_ ylu=X3oDMTFpZnU5cHQyBHBvcwMzNgRzZWMDYWNjb3JkaW9uX2 1vc3RfcG9wdWxhcgRzbGsDc3VwZXItaGlnaGFs

I wonder how it tastes? That'd be the true question.

I also have to wonder about their marketing. "This is an extremely strong beer; it should be enjoyed in small servings and with an air of aristocratic nonchalance. It is exactly the same manner you would enjoy a fine whisky, a Frank Zappa album or a visit from a friendly yet anxious ghost." Yet, you can and should listen to most Frank Zappa albums over and over, so is it recommending alcohol poisoning?

Instead of waisting $53 on a bottle of beer you could just get pretty much most any bottle of liquor (with the exception of cordial's) that will be a higher proof and it will be much cheaper.

El Chuxter
04-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Holy crap, I missed that part! Even a cordial could get you smashed for less, if that's what you're going for.

Me, I wouldn't mess with high alcohol beer unless it was the same price as normal, just because I'd be concerned that the taste would be severely compromised.

JimJamBonds
04-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Holy crap, I missed that part! Even a cordial could get you smashed for less, if that's what you're going for.

Me, I wouldn't mess with high alcohol beer unless it was the same price as normal, just because I'd be concerned that the taste would be severely compromised.

I've had some higher alcohol beer but they tend to be more sipping beer not 'drinking' beer. For example I once had a barley wine that actually came in a snifter that you drank more like a cognac, scotch or brandy. Not like a can of Natural Ice in a beer bong to be drank in two gulps. :razz:

mabudonicus
04-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Many years ago there was a seasonal beer available that was 17% and came in little 375 ml bottles. I only bought one bottle of it once, and it was REALLY tasty- the bottle actually had a cork in it, which was good as you could only take a tiny sip every 10-15 minutes- it wasn't so much that it was too potent, but the taste was so big that it took a while for it to totally finish off in your mouth.
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
There's one super high-octane beer here called "Navigator", I always laugh and wonder why they don't add the tagline "This will get you there!!"

El Chuxter
05-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Not to dredge up a zombie thread, but maybe someone in the LA area (or, preferably, the IE) might be able to help out here.

Anyone know where I can find locally a Laotian beer called Beerlao? I found it in an Asian market in San Bernardino about a year ago, actually looking to try a Vietnamese beer to go with Vietnamese food, but this was the closest they had, and I picked it up on a whim. It's brewed with rice somehow, which results in a very unique, smooth flavor.

Trouble is, that store no longer carries it, and I have no idea who does. The official site is pretty much worthless, only saying that it is available in the US (limiting it down, oh, not at all). I'm trying to find it without having to resort to special ordering it at some exorbitant rate (I think it was only $5.99 when I got it originally).

JimJamBonds
05-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Hit up stores that have a solid beer choices already, if so the manager 'should' be helpful in tracking down a supplier.

Slicker
05-26-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm wonder after watch out your post this is really awesome attempt at not spam