PDA

View Full Version : Pics of upcoming TS ships from Hasbro/BBTS

Darth Duranium
08-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Here's a few pics:

Headhunter's starting to grow on me... weird that there's no droid slot on it (not that there's supposed to be one there). Looks like a two-seater but it's not...

The P-38 looks great... no complaints. And it's facing forward this time... unlike SDCC.

Not too stoked about the repaints or the jaundiced gangrene paint on the new JSF.

And it would be nice if you could display the DS B-Wing vertically (like in the pic), but the slot and stand won't allow it, if it's like the other 2.

Darth Duranium
08-22-2008, 01:24 AM
A few more...

Haven't seen an official pic of the Titanium "Rogue Squadron TIE Fighter" yet. Wonder if they're substituting the Cylon Basestar for it, or if there's another unannounced full wave (or more) to go this year...

The AT-RT looks ready to take part in a Pride Parade... just fabulous. A different type of clone... like Freddie Mercury and his mustache. Next, the Lavender Legion from Lardulon.

Looks like no hyperspace ring with Aayla's JSF. Quel surprise.

Someone on another forum said that the TF Landing Ship looks like it's extending an air filter instead of a droid rack, once you crack its bay doors open. Still, glad to have it and the other new ones.

I'd think that the Hailfire will go down like a lead balloon... destined to stick to the pegs for a long time. It's just like Hasbro to put out the Bongo (Gungan Sub) with wheels and release the Hailfire as a rigid stiff.

Well, with the exception of the Gian Speeder, there's no more old tools left so at least we shouldn't get any more inappropriate wheels on new TS ships.

Bad pic of the Droid Gunship... looks much better elsewhere.

JediTricks
08-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Good finds. I think the Hailfire looks really decent in person, wheels were an issue but it had good size, so I think it might work better than you think.

The Trade Fed landing craft shouldn't stick out a droid rack, it should stick out an MTT. The upcoming TS MTT however does stick out a droid rack, maybe that's what they were talking about.

Z-95 Headhunter is a little off, but the notes they got right they got very right.

Darth Windu
08-22-2008, 07:40 AM
I actually really like the new Jedi Starfighter now there's a bigger pic - all of them look really good.

Darth Duranium
08-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah JT, you're probably right (but don't get cocky, kid) that it is the MTT that extracts the air filter, but I can't remember where I originally read the comment about it so I ain't sure.

It's quite possible that the TF Landing Ship spits out MTTs that look like air filters, too. Or maybe it's toasting loaves of bread...

Just to niggle back at 'cha: In The Clone Wars, I'm pretty sure I saw TF Landing Ships land, crack their doors, and droids just ran out... no MTTs or droid racks.

I'll be picking up the Hailfire, JT... I'm sold on it. But I was just thinking that it wouldn't be too popular with the general public. Around here, the pegs are choked with TS surface craft and critters.

Perhaps I was a little harsh about the new JSF, DW... sometimes my sense of humour require a little exaggeration to make a point. But only sometimes...

I guess that I'm just not all that partial to speckled yellow.... but I am stoked that we're finally gettin' some new ships. No, really!

JediTricks
08-22-2008, 09:22 PM
The Landing Craft does appear to have opening doors, so I'm betting your loaves of bread guess is on the money.

The Clone Wars doesn't count... because I haven't seen it. :p

The Hailfire has had a mixed time at market in the past, but I think its unique and aggressive look "works" now with the general consumers of such a thing. I do believe the non-rolling wheels will be an issue, but it'll survive.

BTW, don't think just because I didn't mention the other new molds that I don't dig 'em, they look nifty too (not surprised the Droid Gunship's paint is simpler than the proto shown at SDCC).

Darth Duranium
09-19-2008, 03:31 PM
FYI: Saw the Droid Gunship and TF Landing Ship on eBay today... probably about 4-6 weeks until we see 'em in N. America, based on recent history.

I wonder if they'll be chock full of toxic melamine, just like the baby formula? Sheesh!

Note to self: Don't eat small Chinese spaceships.

Darth Windu
09-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Note to self: Don't eat small Chinese spaceships.
You probably shouldn't eat the big ones either :D

Darth Duranium
09-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Mmmm... nummy spaceships. Mongo eat spaceships....