PDA

View Full Version : New Senate Guards in the movie

Bib Un-Fortuna
08-23-2008, 12:12 PM
So there is this cool thing on StarWars.com about the film, basically pointing out some "easter eggs" in the film. Some of them are pretty silly, but a couple of them are interesting, like mentioning R2-KT in the film and confirming that the Yularen character in CW is the same guy from ANH. The link is here:

http://www.starwars.com/kids/read/cwspotter20080822.html

But the coolest one is the first one - the new senate guards, which are hard to see in the film but will be featured more in the TV series. Just in case you have link trouble, I attached the pic.

Now that is a figure I want!!!

sith_killer_99
08-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Kinda cool, but when did Senate Guards start using giant guns instead of force pikes?

Jargo
08-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Episode one. The Phantom Menace to be precise SK99.

only the red guard carry force pikes.

Beast
08-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah, the Senate Guards always had rifles.

It was Palpatine's Special Guards that adopted the Force Pikes.

cookiemonster
08-23-2008, 01:53 PM
I am liking them, alot. Hope these get made in the animated style, as for them not carrying guns we dont know what they can carry we aint seen the series yet, however if you think about what they were armed with in the AOTC and ROTS then it pretty much tells you its not unheard of them carrying rifles - we already have figures out there with the rifles, this is just a Clone Trooper rifle so no biggie.

sith_killer_99
08-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Episode one. The Phantom Menace to be precise SK99.

only the red guard carry force pikes.

Oh yeah, they had those long "sniper rifle" type guns, they carried them on a sling.

I guess it's been too long, I haven't watched TPM in years.lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I wonder why they're guarding Palpatine's office now when the red guards were there in AOTC?

Also, did you see the 2-1B in the bow tie? Pimp!

Beast
08-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I wonder why they're guarding Palpatine's office now when the red guards were there in AOTC?

Also, did you see the 2-1B in the bow tie? Pimp!
They need to make him as a figure. Stat!

bigbarada
08-23-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm not super thrilled about those Senate Guards, but if you go to page 7, in the description of the Gunship Art, they show a pretty good pic of the Scout Clones. I definitely want figures of those guys!:thumbsup:

Jargo
08-23-2008, 03:30 PM
blaster pikes is what they sometimes carry. which i guess would be a long thin staff like weapon with a hidden blaster in it.

I always thought palpatine would have a saber concealed in his walking cane handle. don't see why the guards can't have concealed weapons too.

that said i don't like the look of these new guards. they seem a bit feminine to me. like the big guns are compensating for something......

sith_killer_99
08-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Did anyone else notice that the camo pattern on those Scout Troopers looks a lot like the new pattern on the Army ACU uniform?

bigbarada
08-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Did anyone else notice that the camo pattern on those Scout Troopers looks a lot like the new pattern on the Army ACU uniform?

I never noticed that, but it's pretty close.

Bib Un-Fortuna
08-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, those recon troopers look very cool. I can see them in a battlepack with a repack Anakin & maybe another random clone.

Love it or hate it - personally, I enjoyed CW a lot - it has potential to create some awesome new clones and other characters that the fans can really get excited about. I'd love an animated Jabba and Ziro figure, we'll never see a "Jabba's Henchmen with heads of dead bounty hunters" figure but I'd like one, and you know they will add in some new animated Jedi to go with the existing ones. Who here wants to see an animated Cin Drallig!

Pumped for the show - should be a lot of fun

bigbarada
08-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah, those recon troopers look very cool. I can see them in a battlepack with a repack Anakin & maybe another random clone.

It seems that only the helmets are different, which means that Hasbro can make these guys pretty easy. They are actually at the top of my list for most wanted animated-style CW figures.

ncbarrett
08-24-2008, 05:18 AM
I'm not super thrilled about those Senate Guards, but if you go to page 7, in the description of the Gunship Art, they show a pretty good pic of the Scout Clones. I definitely want figures of those guys!:thumbsup:

Bring on the new scout clones.
We need them Hasbro!

DarkArtist
08-24-2008, 04:12 PM

i second that. those guyswere awesome looking in the film. i would so army build those guys and customize for various types of landscape, ie desert, jungle, snow.