PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Davin Felth???

BaneMalar
08-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Are they ever going to make this figure? I know he is just a sandtrooper, but it would be nice to have him made by Hasbro

JediTricks
08-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Well, they've made a white-pauldron sandtrooper and an orange-pauldron one, both are recognized as Felth. They haven't released him by name though, and I don't see why they should, he's just a regular trooper.

Neuroleptic
08-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Hasbro would probably say, "There is no refference material for how his face should look and that he isn't a major character".

Actualy, his story is one of the few good ones in the Tales from anthalogies, so I wouldn't mind him so much. Unfortunately, they would never do anything special for him. Just a new head, if that. Most likely, they'd go even cheaper and just do a re-paint head.

Then up the price of figures to 8.50 because of tooling expenses.

BaneMalar
08-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Well, they've made a white-pauldron sandtrooper and an orange-pauldron one, both are recognized as Felth. They haven't released him by name though, and I don't see why they should, he's just a regular trooper.

Just so I can hang him on my wall MIP. I always like his tales from Mos story

BaneMalar
08-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Hasbro would probably say, "There is no refference material for how his face should look and that he isn't a major character".

Actualy, his story is one of the few good ones in the Tales from anthalogies, so I wouldn't mind him so much. Unfortunately, they would never do anything special for him. Just a new head, if that. Most likely, they'd go even cheaper and just do a re-paint head.

Then up the price of figures to 8.50 because of tooling expenses.

yes, his story in the tales book is very good. One of the first novel short-stories I read back in high school. I found him to be very intresting. Maybe they will SDCC exclusive him or something for soembig trooper fans

Neuroleptic
08-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Honest truth, I think this group of books is so far off of Hasbro's radar, that it probably will never happen. But you could do a good re-paint of one of the up coming entertainment earth figures or something . . .

But that's probably as close as you can get.

bigbarada
08-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Who is Davin Felth?:confused:

Neuroleptic
08-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Short answer?

"Look Sir! Droids!"

Long answer?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Davin_Felth

bigbarada
08-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Interesting story do they ever show his face?

Neuroleptic
08-23-2008, 08:47 PM
I don't think they ever actualy describe what he looks like in the story, and they never do show the actor's face in the film.

Most of the EU is garbage, and the same is true about quite a few of the short stories in the Tales from wherever books (Such as IG88's programing being downloaded into the second death star . . .), but this one story is actualy preaty good.

Since they never actualy show or describe his face, I'm asuming Hasbro would say he isn't iconic enough, and that there isn't enough source material for them to go by.

BaneMalar
08-23-2008, 08:57 PM
yeah maybe so...I would just like to see him in action figure and "named" on the package with some homage. I heard in the remastered version they made of ANH when solo flies off one stormtrooper starts firing at other troopers...but I am pretty sure that is a rumor. I havent watched it to doubel check ever.

Hasbro would make some easy money off of me if they made a trooper davin felth...and I am sure there are others who would buy it. Maybe someday I will get a Bane Malar bust-up or something too. I mean this guy doesnt even have a storyline in anything and he got a cast figure that looks pretty f'ing rad.

bigbarada
08-23-2008, 08:57 PM
I don't think they ever actualy describe what he looks like in the story, and they never do show the actor's face in the film.

Most of the EU is garbage, and the same is true about quite a few of the short stories in the Tales from wherever books (Such as IG88's programing being downloaded into the second death star . . .), but this one story is actualy preaty good.

Since they never actualy show or describe his face, I'm asuming Hasbro would say he isn't iconic enough, and that there isn't enough source material for them to go by.

Well, I knew his face wasn't in the films, unless they had retconned some Imperial Officer or Rebel Soldier in ESB or ROTJ. I just wasn't sure if he was shown in a comic book somewhere.

Definitely not iconic enough and we've seen enough Sandtroopers over the last couple of years.

BaneMalar
08-23-2008, 09:24 PM
I dont think his face was in anything. As far as I know he was only in the Tales book and there is no description of him...but they could get away with just making a sandtrooper without a removable mask and changing some pouches and saying here is Davin felth and people would buy it. Who knows...eventually they are going to run out of characters to make.

bigbarada
08-23-2008, 09:59 PM
I dont think his face was in anything. As far as I know he was only in the Tales book and there is no description of him...but they could get away with just making a sandtrooper without a removable mask and changing some pouches and saying here is Davin felth and people would buy it. Who knows...eventually they are going to run out of characters to make.

I would give it a few years to get the memories of the pegwarming Saga Legends Sandtroopers out of people's heads. However, if he only ever appeared in a couple of novels and he pretty much looks exactly like every other Sandtrooper, then I don't see it ever happening at all.

Maybe if they start writing original comics for the Comic Packs (like they do for the GI Joe Comic Packs), then that would probably be the only chance you'd have of seeing him released as a unique figure.

Neuroleptic
08-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Maybe if they start writing original comics for the Comic Packs (like they do for the GI Joe Comic Packs), then that would probably be the only chance you'd have of seeing him released as a unique figure.

That would be a cool concept for Hasbro to do. They could even have a whole wave of comics related or something. But the downside is that Lucas films probably wouldn't let em do it.

BaneMalar
08-23-2008, 10:51 PM
that is because lucas is a turd about anything cool anymore.

cookiemonster
08-24-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm sorry but there isnt a need for him, you already have great looking Sandtroopers, and if it bothers anyone about the head - Just use a diferent head under the helmet.

And yes I know I am one to shout out for things (like Jaxxon or all figures from Saga back to be re-made - that havent already got a decent sculpt), but this figure just isnt needed, it would just be another Sandtrooper.

NerfTW
08-24-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm going to have to agree. This is a ridiculous request. There's no reference for what his face looks like, so even if the helmet came off, he could be a Jango clone for all we know.

Aside from that, he looks exactly like every other sandtrooper released!

Just mock up a card that says Davin Felth yourself. No one will ever know.

DarkArtist
08-24-2008, 06:31 PM
if they make this figure i would get it but i would want an all new sculpted Sandtrooper, alternate head (non -clone) with removable helmet. if they just repack an existing sandtrooper and put the name on the box i'd pass.

BaneMalar
08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
I would like the idea of the "Look Sir, Droids." 2 pack comic. That would be great. With 2 nice versions of the sandtroopers and maybe have Davin's hand holding a piece of the droid or something. That would make for a nice desktop scene.

NerfTW
08-24-2008, 08:44 PM
if they make this figure i would get it but i would want an all new sculpted Sandtrooper, alternate head (non -clone) with removable helmet. if they just repack an existing sandtrooper and put the name on the box i'd pass.

Who's head would be on it though? His features are never described, and the name of the actor is long lost. (Keep in mind the "stormtrooper" voice is done by the same person dubbing the lines for every trooper. There's nothing to say it's NOT a Jango clone.

Neuroleptic
08-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Honestly, I just don't see them making this figure. However, making your own cardback is a lot of fun.

BaneMalar
08-24-2008, 09:20 PM
oh well...Like I said..some day they will run out of ideas and this would be a fresh one to sell to star wars fans IMO. As long as they do something new to sculpt it. You dont have to have a removable helmet since he isn't described. Just a nice new cast...like I said...put a metallic ring in his hand and you got yourself a winner.

El Chuxter
08-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Felth's story is screwed up, since he was supposedly the Imperial officer who did the first test run of the AT-ATs, and immediately saw the flaw with their legs. The superior officer, who had the AT-AT program as his pet program, demoted him to a Stormtrooper and stationed him on Tatooine to keep this weakness on the down-low. After watching how callous the other Stormtroopers were, he eventually defected (only a few weeks or months after being shipped to Tatooine), and his knowledge of the AT-ATs was invaluable in aiding the Rebels on Hoth.

Only, uh, now we know the AT-ATs were in common use about twenty years earlier. Oh, and Felth's commanding officer was a clone.

cookiemonster
08-24-2008, 10:07 PM
The thing is I dont think at the time his story was screwed up, it wasnt until we saw them elsewhere the Prequels that the story got screwed up - that was Lucas fault for not studying what had went on before in the EU he let people run riot in.

So a lot of the stories did make sense until the Prequels came along and screwed everything up.

Neuroleptic
08-24-2008, 11:26 PM
I think it's kinda a combination of what Chuck and Cookie said. Davie's story is screwed up because it was written . . . what? 5? almost 10 years before Episode 2? But at the time, it was a good story.

Anyway, ignoring that, I'd hate it if they made this guy and gave him a stupid little ring permanently attached to his hand. I hate things like the thermal detonator permanently attached to Leia's hand.

I think if they get to the point where they are making Felth as a figure, Hasbro has run out of so many ideas, that Kyle Katarn has been resculpted six times. I doubt any of us would be collecting by this point, since we'd all be dead.

They have many more interesting characters to make, as well as the clone wars series, and the future live action series. It will be a LONG time before they get desperate enough to make Felth.

BaneMalar
08-25-2008, 01:25 PM
I think it's kinda a combination of what Chuck and Cookie said. Davie's story is screwed up because it was written . . . what? 5? almost 10 years before Episode 2? But at the time, it was a good story.

Anyway, ignoring that, I'd hate it if they made this guy and gave him a stupid little ring permanently attached to his hand. I hate things like the thermal detonator permanently attached to Leia's hand.

I think if they get to the point where they are making Felth as a figure, Hasbro has run out of so many ideas, that Kyle Katarn has been resculpted six times. I doubt any of us would be collecting by this point, since we'd all be dead.

They have many more interesting characters to make, as well as the clone wars series, and the future live action series. It will be a LONG time before they get desperate enough to make Felth.

:cry: way to shatter my hopes and dreams onto jagged rocks!!!

speaking of the new live action...does anyone know if they ever plan on doing anything cinematic with Shadows of the Empire?

cookiemonster
08-25-2008, 10:34 PM
I am going to shatter your hopes again, the live action is set between ROTS and ANH, not ESB and ROTJ, sorry - just not your day.:whip::yes:

BaneMalar
08-26-2008, 07:38 PM
I am going to shatter your hopes again, the live action is set between ROTS and ANH, not ESB and ROTJ, sorry - just not your day.:whip::yes:

*falls onto knees and cries while camera zooms out*

WHHYYYYYYYYY????!!!

Sinscia Fat'o
08-27-2008, 05:49 PM
I liked Davin's story, and i think it would be cool to see Feth and a new non clone headed snd trooper...Was it like what 6 monthes ago everyone wanted non jango heads and now everyone is cool with it? Sheesh miss a few weeks and everything changes.:thumbsup:

cookiemonster
08-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Dont get me wrong I hate the idea of all stormtroopers being Jango Fett, and Boba Fett being him as well, I just wished they had kept Jeremy Bolloch (dont know if the last name is spelt right, if your reading this Jeremy sorry) as Boba Fett, and never made Jango Fett part of the Star Wars story - they have taken alot of the mystique away from Boba Fett which he had (Its the same as taking Blondie from the good, the bad and the ugly, back to when he was a kid - it wasnt needed, Boba Fett was Han Solo's nemesis originally and then someone came along and screwed it all up, not mentioning any names "Cough" Lucas "Cough").

However do I think making another Sandtrooper and calling it Devin Felth is needed, sorry but no.

bigbarada
08-28-2008, 02:05 AM
I liked Davin's story, and i think it would be cool to see Feth and a new non clone headed snd trooper...Was it like what 6 monthes ago everyone wanted non jango heads and now everyone is cool with it? Sheesh miss a few weeks and everything changes.:thumbsup:

I'm still not cool with it and I dread seeing new versions of figures like the TIE Pilot or AT-AT Driver because I just know that Hasbro is going to screw them up with Jango heads and overly squishy helmets.

One of my hopes for the Clone Wars cartoon is that we'll finally see some non-Jango clone templates.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Dont get me wrong I hate the idea of all stormtroopers being Jango Fett, and Boba Fett being him as well, I just wished they had kept Jeremy Bolloch (dont know if the last name is spelt right, if your reading this Jeremy sorry) as Boba Fett, and never made Jango Fett part of the Star Wars story - they have taken alot of the mystique away from Boba Fett which he had (Its the same as taking Blondie from the good, the bad and the ugly, back to when he was a kid - it wasnt needed, Boba Fett was Han Solo's nemesis originally and then someone came along and screwed it all up, not mentioning any names "Cough" Lucas "Cough").

However do I think making another Sandtrooper and calling it Devin Felth is needed, sorry but no.
Jeremy Bulloch is still Boba in ESB and ROTJ . . . they redubbed Jason Wingreen's voice with Temuera Morrison's, so I'm not sure what you mean.

cookiemonster
08-28-2008, 06:28 PM
JJL - Sorry I was under the Impression that Mr Bolloch did his own voice originally, however I stand corrected Jason Wingreen's voice was used - the thing still stands as is however, they redubbed the voice using Jango Fett's essentially - Temuera Morrison's, which means that the voice of Boba Fett is not the original, but is a Jango Fett Clone, does that make it more clear.

And also the part about being Jeremy Bolloch under the mask yes I know that and you know that - but people who dont know who is under the mask associate Temuera Morrison with being Boba Fett or at least his voice.

And I am sure when we see him in the Live Action TV series you will see the kid who played young Boba Fett under the Mask - Lucas will work a scene in where you see the young Boba Fett without the mask.

So in essence Jeremy Bolloch isnt Boba Fett anymore its a mixture of people - Jeremy Bolloch (being the man in the suit, and Jason Wingreen's voice gone), Temuera Morrison's voice and in the new TV Series Boba Fett is the kid who played him (sorry I dont keep up with the Prequel Movies I hate them with a passion).

JediTricks
08-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Here's why Hasbro's unlikely to ever give us Davin Felth as named on a card:

Oct 27th, 2006:

SSG: Many Imperial, Rebel, and other-faction lower-rank troopers seen in minor roles in the films have been given names and backstories in the EU. Any chance of seeing these minor individual 'grunts' released as individual character figures thus lending satisfaction for collectors when the names and individual likenesses of these troopers see action figure recognition, as well as another way of bringing greater variety to the various trooper ranks?
Hasbro: Interesting question. Every once and a while we will give a grunt (Bren Derlin) a name, but for the most part we think keeping these guys as troop builders, rather than one-off characters, is more appealing to most collectors.
(ed note: Major Derlin is a script-named character in Empire Strikes Back, not a Hasbro-named character.)

Sinscia Fat'o
09-02-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm still not cool with it and I dread seeing new versions of figures like the TIE Pilot or AT-AT Driver because I just know that Hasbro is going to screw them up with Jango heads and overly squishy helmets.

One of my hopes for the Clone Wars cartoon is that we'll finally see some non-Jango clone templates.

i like the whole clone thing it doesn't bother me, but i agree with the fact we need troops with different heads as im gettin tired of jango's mugg on every trooper i get, and another reason why the ee exclusive joker squad looks better and better.