PDA

View Full Version : New Rumor List posted at Rebelscum.com

DarkArtist
08-27-2008, 07:41 PM
found this rumor list posted on Rebelscum.com about a possible upcoming AOTC wave, as well as battlepacks and evolutions.

Basic Figures
According to our rebel spies, these figures will make up an AOTC wave in 2009

Anakin Skywalker #1

Anakin Skywalker #2

Beru Lars

Captain Typho

Clone Trooper

Jango Fett

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Own Lars

Tarados Gon

Battle Packs
Only names so far, and these may end up changing...or possibly be in The Clone Wars lineup. Time will tell...

Geonosis Assault

Outer Rim Ambush

Search for R2-D2

Evolutions
More SA army builder sets? Yes please!

Imperial Pilots Legacy #2

Rebel Pilots Legacy #3

Evolution of the Commandos

Mvader91
08-27-2008, 08:13 PM
found this rumor list posted on Rebelscum.com about a possible upcoming AOTC wave, as well as battlepacks and evolutions.

Basic Figures
According to our rebel spies, these figures will make up an AOTC wave in 2009

Anakin Skywalker #1

Anakin Skywalker #2

Beru Lars

Captain Typho

Clone Trooper

Jango Fett

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Own Lars

Tarados Gon

Battle Packs
Only names so far, and these may end up changing...or possibly be in The Clone Wars lineup. Time will tell...

Geonosis Assault

Outer Rim Ambush

Search for R2-D2

Evolutions
More SA army builder sets? Yes please!

Imperial Pilots Legacy #2

Rebel Pilots Legacy #3

Evolution of the Commandos
Sweeeeeetttttttt!!!!!! More frreakin re-packs!!!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Two Anakins in one wave? No way.

Obi-Wan has been confirmed for a while now.

Owen and Beru would be too good to be true . . . but why no Cliegg?!?

I wonder if Jango will be a more accurate version of his purple self?

Tarados Gon would be cool if true. As with the whole list, we'll wait and see.

cookiemonster
08-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Theres 2 figures from that AOTC wave I will get and then I am getting them for custom fodder. Tarados Gon and Captain Typho as long as they are good sculpts and are SA.

El Chuxter
08-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Even I don't know who Tarados Gon is.

Owen is the only one worth getting excited over. But this is still rumor at this point.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2008, 12:08 AM

Owen is the only one worth getting excited over. But this is still rumor at this point.
Tarados Gon is the Klatooinian Jedi who survived on Geonosis at least until the clones arrived.

obi-dad
08-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Owen and Beru would be too good to be true . . . but why no Cliegg?!?

My thoughts exactly!

Unless after next year Hasbro is planning on re-releasing the piece O' carp Disturbance at Lars Homestead with a re-released AOTC Owen & Beru and exclussive Cliegg!!! Now, that would just be too much.

cookiemonster
08-29-2008, 12:39 PM
However I wouldnt put it past them, and then they can say they catered for both PT and OT (which is a lie because they would have to make new figures of the PT versions, where they just repacked crap figures in the OT one). Oh and they will most probably reduce the price as well, the OT collector usually gets shafted the most.

Cane_Adiss
08-29-2008, 02:09 PM
the OT collector usually gets shafted the most.

That seems a bit harsh. Why would you say that? Look at how much OT stuff we've gotten in the past, even in movie years when it would've been justified to not get any at all. I think Hasbro is giving us a good mix of everything, and if you don't like the price - don't buy it. But even though many of us complain about prices, many of us will fold and end up buying it anyway.

I'm not too excited by much in this wave anyway:

Anakin # 1 - Probably a repack/retool of the EVO figure with a new accessory, and maybe w/ the new style hip joints. Yawn.

Anakin # 2 - Probably a resculpt of the Outland Peasant outfit. The first one was good enough. Yawn again.

Beru Lars - I know she's badly wanted by alot of collectors, but she doesn't excite me. Would rather a new OT version. Yawn.

Owen Lars - See above.

Captain Typho - Was a resculpt really needed of this guy? Not in my mind. This one's a maybe.

Clone Trooper - Very vague, could be anything. Pass.

Jango Fett - I'm happy with the EVO version so will probably pass on this.

Obi-Wan - I have enough PT Obi-Wans. Pass

Tarados Gon - Probably the only figure I will buy from this wave.

cookiemonster
08-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Why do I say the OT has been shafted this year, does it need spelling out Cane.

Errr they actually did do this with ROTS figures, I can count on one hand how many figures were available for OT that year.

SAGA was heavily stacked against the OT Collector.

Even the OTC line was just major re-packs with a few new figures added in.

TAC and TSC lines where good for the OT collector, but even then, not as good as it could have been.

And then we get to this year, can you count how many waves of OT figures there is on one hand, dont include ANH as this is more than likely going to be next year, compared to PT waves (and yes I am including the Basic Clone Wars wave in this).

Now I do collect the PT figures, well the Animated New Style Clone Wars ones in anycase.

The other PT figures I get if I think I can use them eventually when I move, for custom work.

DarkJedi5
08-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I disagree with Cane on a few of the rumored figs; first of all I do think we need a new Outland Peasant Anakin. The first one was horrible! I hate the stupid lightsaber up the arm feature and the fact that his is so preposed it makes it entirely unusable for the scene from which it comes. And I personally don't have enough PT Obi-Wans. I went through them last week and I haven't got a single posable figure with a good likeness for either TPM or AOTC. Sure, we've got ROTS covered but we still don't even have an OT version that can sit in a speeder! Considering Obi Wan appears in all 6 films I think he should get more attention.

Cane_Adiss
08-30-2008, 01:25 AM
About the OT getting the shaft, this coming from someone who buys mostly OT, I still think we're getting a good share of stuff overall. Keep in mind these movies were last in theaters a decade ago, and were made decades before that. In my mind, the fact we're getting this many OT toys at all is amazing to me. I'm grateful for the stuff we're getting, and for the most part I'm pretty satisfied with what Hasbro delivers (OT or otherwise) every year.

As for my take on the rumors, I'm not saying the figures I'm less than excited about should never be made. I'm just stating my opinions of them. Personally I don't care as much as some about all my figures having perfect updates, flawless likenesses or having super articulation. I only need so many of the major characters, and with PT Obi-Wan I've pretty much reached my breaking point (although call me a hypocrite, I plan on buying the Ep1 version to go with the new Qui-Gon). The Anakin peasant disguise was in a boring scene and didn't see much action so an update seems less important to me. I'm still not sure why I bought the first one.

Cane_Adiss
08-30-2008, 01:37 AM
About the OT getting the shaft, this coming from someone who buys mostly OT, I still think we're getting a good share of stuff overall. Keep in mind these movies were last in theaters a decade ago, and were made decades before that. In my mind, the fact we're getting this many OT toys at all is amazing to me. I'm grateful for the stuff we're getting, and for the most part I'm pretty satisfied with what Hasbro delivers (OT or otherwise) every year.

As for my take on the rumors, I'm not saying the figures I'm less than excited about should never be made. I'm just stating my opinions of them. Personally I don't care as much as some about all my figures having perfect updates, flawless likenesses or having super articulation. I only need so many of the major characters, and with PT Obi-Wan I've pretty much reached my breaking point (although call me a hypocrite, I plan on buying the Ep1 version to go with the new Qui-Gon). The Anakin peasant disguise was in a boring scene and didn't see much action so an update seems less important to me. I'm still not sure why I bought the first one.

pegger
08-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Captain Typho - Was a resculpt really needed of this guy? Not in my mind. This one's a maybe.

Well,the one we got is OK. I'm hoping he's wearing the "Padme's Apartment" outfit.

obi-dad
09-02-2008, 07:58 AM
About the OT getting the shaft, this coming from someone who buys mostly OT, I still think we're getting a good share of stuff overall. Keep in mind these movies were last in theaters a decade ago, and were made decades before that. In my mind, the fact we're getting this many OT toys at all is amazing to me.
If Hasbro dropped the OT, the line would die within a year. You couldn't say that about the PT or EU. Which is probably why there aren't as many figures being made, to stretch out the remaining new figures and those that need resculpts.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-02-2008, 01:47 PM

thats what i said...

though im looking forward to typho, and both lars.

DarkArtist
09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
If Hasbro dropped the OT, the line would die within a year. You couldn't say that about the PT or EU. Which is probably why there aren't as many figures being made, to stretch out the remaining new figures and those that need resculpts.

i think i have to disagree with you Obi-Dad, while your statement is true in some ways i think more and more kids are looking for the new product instead of the staple characters of Luke, Han and Darth. in most of the stores by me those characters are falling off the pegs. I think that if Hasbro gave us nothing but PT and EU for a year there would be a decline in sales, but to say that the line woould be dead in a year is a little extreme.

most of the EU merchandise vanshes from the shevles before most can even get them in their hands, ie Force Unleashed in regards to the troops and shadow guard, Darth Revan, Darth Malek, the McQuarrie concept figures all very hard to find at retail.

i actually would love to see Hasbro focus on EU. with all the sources of books, comics and games currently carrying the Star Wars label i think it's would be awesome to see Hasbro focus more on the EU.

Old Fossil
09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
They better finally get AOTC Obi-Wan right. I'm using the Obi-Wan from the comic pack (that came with ARC Trooper Alpha), which isn't quite right. Needs more beard & mullet action.:thumbsup:

The rest doesn't interest me so much.

cookiemonster
09-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Actually with respect to what you say Dark, I think that had more to do with scalpers and short supply run, than with people swooping on them, I am not saying people didnt buy these, just they not being there was more than likely as I stated.

These have all got scalper bait written all over them - shadow guard, Darth Revan, Darth Malek, the McQuarrie concept.

bigbarada
09-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Actually with respect to what you say Dark, I think that had more to do with scalpers and short supply run, than with people swooping on them, I am not saying people didnt buy these, just they not being there was more than likely as I stated.

These have all got scalper bait written all over them - shadow guard, Darth Revan, Darth Malek, the McQuarrie concept.

Yes, the EU wave pegwarmed pretty hard over here. The kids wanted nothing to do with it (not even Yoda on the Kybuck) and even figures like Malak and Revan sat around for weeks. The only one that sold well was Pre-Borg Grievous; but even that figure sat around for a few days before anyone picked him up.

DarkJedi5
09-03-2008, 10:51 AM

Ya, for no real reason people in my area kept trying to tell me that TFU figs were going to be rarer collector's items in the long run because they were from a video game. Nothing from the wave could stay on the pegs accept Juno Eclipse and now she'll be warming clear through the release of the game.

cookiemonster
09-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I was told the same that the TFU was the next hotest thing, in fact an employee at Toys R' Us even told me he was going to buy loads of the figures from the shop with his staff discount and re-sell them on Ebay, for a marked up price, I just looked at him stunned - First time a true scalper has admited anything like that to me, lol.

DarkJedi5
09-04-2008, 01:24 PM
That's pretty bad. I have even been at TRU when employees (in uniform) grab an arm load of figures (some that I wanted) checked himself out at a register, bagged the items and slipped them under his desk. When I asked him if I could speak to his manager he said he was on lunch but I could wait an hour (of course I was on my lunch break too and didn't have an hour). I had to call back and tell the manager what had happened he said he'd take care of it. I still see that employee checking out the pegs while "on duty".