PDA

View Full Version : Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Season 2

Pages : 1 [2]

Vyrquenox
04-06-2009, 10:51 AM
I may be quadruple posting so fine me but as far as the cancelling goes, I can argue grandly with fox on that, the dvd series sales and online ad revenue they generate are the main focus here. They need to realize that the more shows they produce, the more millions of dollars in sales they get on all sorts of other things like the DVD's. Next thing they'll cancel house because we all watch it on HULU or something. Not like I haven't bought the dvd sets. But what do you expect? They dump things that people immediately pick up all the time. Look at Firefly and Dead Like Me, and Arrested Development. Hundreds of millions of dollars in dvd series sales. Hundreds of millions. they didn't want to put another 10 million into what they would have got another 50 million out of? Well, Ad reps. yep. They gotta get over this old way of accounting and doing business. The money isn't in the ads anymore. They should just put their shows up on the internet with ads for free at anytime, and look where the revenues would go. To them. Idiots. More millions. So they will replace it with 'Skydiving with the Stars' and make less money than they would otherwise. The world always discounts the fact most of the major movies that make money are sci-fi in some manner. And the fans like us who are kinda nerds buy the dvds too, just to have the case, although we could have stolen it.

Ando
04-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Let me start off by saying I am a fan of the Terminator movies (even the much maligned 3rd movie) and I am very much looking forward to seeing Terminator: Salvation. I really enjoy the man vs. machine and time travel themes of the show.

I was a huge fan of the show. I think I missed ONE episode out of all of them.

But I am not surprised 1 bit by the cancellation. Here's why:

It was a good show. And it was on FOX.

They've got a long proud history of killing good/interesting/quirky TV, and this won't be the last.

(Derek's death bothered me. Not THAT he died, but just a simple shot to the head for a main character on a primetime TV show. I was sad to see Charlie die, but he was killed protecting John and it wasn't just a pointless death. Just my 2 cents...)

Kidhuman
04-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Well that blows. Dereks death didnt bother me, just I always ecpected main characters to go out in a blaze of glory.

I am upset by the canceling of the show, hopefully, maybe anohter channel can pick it up. Fox should change its name to F X(insert a different vowel) because thats what they do to you.

sith_killer_99
04-06-2009, 12:10 PM
On a side note here, the word (rumor) is that FOX got a major break in royalty costs for season 2 because they wanted the Terminator franchise fresh in people's heads for the new film. After this season they were going to have to shell out a lot more money to continue and that may have been a major factor in the decisions to run another season and shut down after words. I suspect FOX knew the show wouldn't last past season 2, hence the schedule change.

This has been a sad year for television. The end of The Shield, BSG, TSCC, and others with little or no decent television to replace them.:cry:

Meanwhile Mondays are still packed, 24, Chuck, and Heroes.;) Still there remains little else to watch the rest of the week. Funny, I used to look forward to certain days of the week to sorta help me get through the week, now it's like there is nothing....well, LOST, but that's really sorta it.:cry:

Thankfully Fringe is back with all new episodes soon.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
04-06-2009, 12:12 PM
This has been a sad year for television. The end of The Shield, BSG, TSCC, and others with little or no decent television to replace them.:cry:

Doctor Who comes back next year, and Torchwood this summer.

sith_killer_99
04-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Doctor Who comes back next year, and Torchwood this summer.

Yes, this is good news, but the long wait for new episodes of Dr. Who has been excruciating!!!:(

Darth Metalmute
04-06-2009, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=Ando;672556They've got a long proud history of killing good/interesting/quirky TV, and this won't be the last.
QUOTE]

As much as I hate FOX for doing this, at least they are trying good/interesting/quirky TV shows.

I can't remember the last time ABC, CBS, or NBC every put anything remotely out of the box on. I suppose LOST would fit into that category, but LOST was frankly not nearly as good as TSCC and was done for me after Season 1.

The masses don't want good/interesting/quirky TV. They want crime dramas, and lots of them.

Lets face it. We're lucky that FOX still has "animation domination" Sundays.

Vyrquenox
04-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, if you are in the mood to watch someone be really p&ssy, there is always house, although that this season has been a one on one off one. Not sci-fi, certainly a fantasy character. What else is there? Don't know. Put in eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, take 5 benadryl, and press play. Anyone else think the ending of Angel was rushed and horrible? What about what they did to Sliders? A good idea but ruined again. As for SCTTC well, at least we got some good pics of summer glau in leather. Eh. Call me a perv. Hard to not notice that stuff if you have an ounce of testosterone in your body. So they may ruin it completely. I guess we got that though. And trust me, plenty of girls like her too. :)

jonthejedi
04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
TSCC should have probably been on Sci-Fi Channel all along. All Fox did was change days & times, and shoot sexy promos for it & Dollhouse. That ain't enough to save any show.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Was Derek even aware that a terminator was there? They might have been expecting John Henry, and the one that shot him wasn't him. I can't recall, but it seemed as if he was away from everyone else and didn't know everything that was going on, so this terminator showing up might have surprised him.

I see it as another pivotal point into making John Connor into the person he needs to be in the future.

OC47150
04-06-2009, 06:45 PM
This is the first I've read about the cancellation. It doesn't surprise me.

But Fox has itself to blame. Moving it to Friday night wasn't a good sign. The show hasn't aired in reruns at all this season. To help increase interest, Fox or FX should've ran the last few episodes. Fox doesn't use FX as a tool as it could or should. I'm getting tired of seeing the same blasted movies on FX on the weekends. Show Terminator, Prison Break or some other shows!!!

Fox expects all of its shows to get American Idol-type ratings, and that's just impossible.

And they killed Derek!!!!

Lord Malakite
04-07-2009, 05:20 AM
The public seems to prefere crime investigation show. It's rediculous how many there are. CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Numbers, the Mentalist, Fringe, Law and Order, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Bones, Without a Trace, Cold Case......etc.
To be fair, I'd say Fringe is much closer a show like X-Files than to something likes CSI, Bones, etc.

So f them for making up a great rolemodel of a character and then blowing his brains out.
I guess I'm the only one who liked how he died. Sure, they could of made his death more "dramatic" like we typically see in television/books (not just sci-fi shows), but at this point we have seen so many of those kind of "dramatic deaths" that they just don't quite have that much of an impact anymore (we're, sense wise, emotionless/deadened to such deaths in fiction). Those kind of deaths may stick with us for a while and make us sad, but we can also easily move on. The way they did it here though was bold, and I think it was the right call. Your reaction, as well as everyone else here in regards to the death, is proof of this. Its left a true emotional impact on you that tears at your heart and soul (not just sadness, but anger as well, much like the death of a loved one would in real life would) and it won't easily be forgotten.
Well, I still have Power Rangers RPM to keep me busy at least. Its basically the "Power Rangers" equivalent of Terminator.

A computer virus known as Venjix has infected all the world's computer systems and taken control over the world's communication, power, weather and defense systems. Venjix built the Grinders, advanced robotic foot soldiers, launched a nuclear holocaust, and laid waste to the world. Now the last remnants of mankind retreat to the domed city of Corinth, created as the last safe haven on Earth by the military. To protect the city from the ever constant threat of genocide by Venjix, a defense group known as the "Power Rangers RPM" were formed.

Scott (RPM Ranger Red) - A former military pilot. He barely survived Venjix's forces and the closing gate to enter the city. He had the unfortunate duty of telling his father, Colonel Mason Truman, that his brother was killed by Venjix forces.

Dillon (RPM Ranger Black) - A mysterious vagabond with no memory of his past and Venjix hardware grafted inside of him.

Flynn (RPM Ranger Blue) - A cocky and fun loving Scottish mechanic who drove a military-owned bus to save people and transport them to Corinth. He is untrusting of anything containing Venjix hardware, even Dillon.

Summer (RPM Ranger Yellow) - Helped to transport an injured Scott safely to Corinth when everyone was entering. She seems to also have been in the air force.

Ziggy (RPM Ranger Green) - A mischievous fellow with a shady past that has many stories to tell, some that may not be completely true. He was once in leagues with the mafia until he double crossed them. He stole 5 million dollars worth of medical supplies that the mob had hoped to sale on the black market in order to help children suffering from radiation sickness brought on by Venjix's nuclear assault. There is now a "hit" placed on his head by the surviving members of the "five families" residing in Corinth.

Devo
04-07-2009, 09:21 AM
I think the problem is, people don't like this kind of show. The public seems to prefere crime investigation show. It's rediculous how many there are. CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Numbers, the Mentalist, Fringe, Law and Order, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Bones, Without a Trace, Cold Case......etc. People are only comfortable within the same element. And obviously, the masses are @$$es.

Those Hulu commercials might not be as far off as they appear. TV is obisously making people zombies for the same type of show.

We can blame FOX for cancelling alot of great shows, but at least they are trying. They aren't throwing out crime drama after crime drama. You pretty much have to watch cable to see anything original. The trouble is, FOX sucks you into shows that are well done, then cancels them before anything is answered due to ratings.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice all the bloody crime shows. Exactly how many variations of the same damn repetitious stand-alone based show do people need?? I am sick to death of nothing but CSI, criminal minds, Mentalist and Bones. My mum and g/f watch this crap constantly and I just don't understand where the entertainment is in going from a procedural forensics show based in New york, to a procedural forensics show based in Miami - mixed up with a procedural forensics show that takes a more humourous slant - back to a procedural forensics show based in Las Vegas - on to a procedural criminal psychology show - on to another more humourous crime show with a charming ''psychic''...I HATE these shows and I can't quite emphasise that enough. Whats the appeal of watching the same stuff happening in one show as is happening in another just with a different set of characters? The events of no one episode impacting on the next...routine routine routine. :rolleyes: How about cancelling a few of these bloody shows - not like theres none to spare.

I guess I'm the only one who liked how he died. Sure, they could of made his death more "dramatic" like we typically see in television/books (not just sci-fi shows), but at this point we have seen so many of those kind of "dramatic deaths" that they just don't quite have that much of an impact anymore (we're, sense wise, emotionless/deadened to such deaths in fiction).

Again I just don't quite know how I feel about it - on the one hand I can see Vyrequenox' point. And also what I said in a previous post I think described it quite well - they gave Derek a ''henchman'' death - as though he were insignificant, a mere extra with no story of his own - shot - gone - forgotten.

However I also think like you - that the typical ''hero's'' death, usually entailling self sacrifice or whatever - has just been done to...well..death. Its a major cliche. I'm just uncertain in my mind whether they should have just gone that route all the same.

Darth Metalmute
04-07-2009, 10:24 AM
To be fair, I'd say Fringe is much closer a show like X-Files than to something likes CSI, Bones, etc.

I like Fringe, I didn't think it had a chance to last with what the early commericals made it out to be. I actually Tivo-ed all of last years episodes and wouldn't watch it until I knew it would last. I didn't want to get sucked into another FOX show that was doomed. The ratings are very good for it. Fringe is like X-Files, But they both are sci-fi versions of crime dramas. They are able to last because they have dual audiences. They will get a huge audience Tuesday night.

Again I just don't quite know how I feel about it - on the one hand I can see Vyrequenox' point. And also what I said in a previous post I think described it quite well - they gave Derek a ''henchman'' death - as though he were insignificant, a mere extra with no story of his own - shot - gone - forgotten.

However I also think like you - that the typical ''hero's'' death, usually entailling self sacrifice or whatever - has just been done to...well..death. Its a major cliche. I'm just uncertain in my mind whether they should have just gone that route all the same.

I didn't have a problem with the fact he died because as Derek has been saying for weeks, everyone dies for John, I didn't have a problem with the reaction to his death because John's safety comes first and everything else is second. My problem was, for someone who fought in the resistence, he sure did come around the corner without any concerns anything would be behind the corner. And he never took a shot. I realize that Terminators are highly sophisticated machines, but if anyone out of the John, Sara, and Derek knew what to expect from a terminator it should have been Derek.

Unrelated Terminator question:
All of the terminators sink in water, not necessarily because of their weight but possibly due to their density.
When Cameron got in bed with John to talk to him about Riley, they made sure to show the bed frame sinking significantly.
Weaver has to get in the elevator at her company with no more than 1 person.
So how in the world can the terminators have sex with their human wives and not crush the human bodies when they go undercover as married people?
And remember, I said married people, so I don't want the answer to be they use different positions.

Ando
04-07-2009, 10:29 AM
That's a trick question... Married people don't have sex.

Devo
04-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Unrelated Terminator question:
All of the terminators sink in water, not necessarily because of their weight but possibly due to their density.
When Cameron got in bed with John to talk to him about Riley, they made sure to show the bed frame sinking significantly.
Weaver has to get in the elevator at her company with no more than 1 person.
So how in the world can the terminators have sex with their human wives and not crush the human bodies when they go undercover as married people?
And remember, I said married people, so I don't want the answer to be they use different positions.

I had a similar wondering - how about when they use vehicles? In T2 when Arnie drove the Harley off the big thingamajig in the aquaduct scene how did the suspension survive the impact? For that matter should a T-800 be able to ride a motorbike at all? And why, when they're in a car, do we not see one side weighed down?

To your question - do we know that there have been actual sexual relations between Terminators and humans? We've seen one posing as a husband but was any sex implied? If there was though, aside from making me wonder could a Terminator penis really work, maybe he would just be careful to prop himself up off her and not use excessive force in his thrusts.

sith_killer_99
04-07-2009, 11:16 AM

Sure we do...it's called the honeymoon.;)

Ando
04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Sure we do...it's called the honeymoon.;)

Well, sure if you wanna get technical...:razz:

Darth Metalmute
04-07-2009, 12:20 PM
To your question - do we know that there have been actual sexual relations between Terminators and humans? We've seen one posing as a husband but was any sex implied? If there was though, aside from making me wonder could a Terminator penis really work, maybe he would just be careful to prop himself up off her and not use excessive force in his thrusts.

The instance I was refering to was when John was hacking the Memory core they found. He was able to access it's memory and that terminator was married. Cameron said that they had inflitrator terminators that would blend in and perform jobs that would protect and further skynet's development.

I imagine that infiltrrator terminators have a lighter frame than the assassin models. But steel alloy is still steel alloy.

I was actually going to include that in my question, but I figured the response I would get would be, "Easy, they do it doggie-style." So I figured I would try to keep it clean. lol

Blue2th
04-07-2009, 12:41 PM
I had a similar wondering - how about when they use vehicles? In T2 when Arnie drove the Harley off the big thingamajig in the aquaduct scene how did the suspension survive the impact? For that matter should a T-800 be able to ride a motorbike at all? And why, when they're in a car, do we not see one side weighed down?

"What's Eating Gilbert Grape" when his mom drives that little Ford Falcon comes to mind.

Tycho
04-07-2009, 04:07 PM
As long as we're talking about Terminators and sex, it's terrible that they are going to stop the show before we learn if John gets with Cameron.

If my theory is that she's been imprinted with Kate Connor's memories, then this would be a very natural functioning of Cameron's preconceived behavioral programming.

There was definitely something there - but we never got to know whether it was just what Cameron projected to have influence over John, or if it was something more. The "I love you John scene" really confused the issue - though you could dismiss that just to manipulation of him so that she could survive and execute her original programming.

Darth Metalmute
04-07-2009, 05:12 PM
As long as we're talking about Terminators and sex, it's terrible that they are going to stop the show before we learn if John gets with Cameron.

I always thought that was what would happen with the way the series started. She flirted with him too much in the series for that to not happen.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-07-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice all the bloody crime shows. Exactly how many variations of the same damn repetitious stand-alone based show do people need?? I am sick to death of nothing but CSI, criminal minds, Mentalist and Bones. My mum and g/f watch this crap constantly and I just don't understand where the entertainment is in going from a procedural forensics show based in New york, to a procedural forensics show based in Miami - mixed up with a procedural forensics show that takes a more humourous slant - back to a procedural forensics show based in Las Vegas - on to a procedural criminal psychology show - on to another more humourous crime show with a charming ''psychic''...I HATE these shows and I can't quite emphasise that enough. Whats the appeal of watching the same stuff happening in one show as is happening in another just with a different set of characters? The events of no one episode impacting on the next...routine routine routine. :rolleyes: How about cancelling a few of these bloody shows - not like theres none to spare.People always love a good mystery, and trying to figure out the puzzle as the characters do is part of the entertainment. I don't watch the CSI shows, but I did see the Miami one once and it was all right. I used to watch Law & Order on occasion, and SVU on USA while on some of my business trips. These often have cases ripped from the headlines, so they can get people thinking about real world issues.

As far as doing the same thing week after week, it's not really that different from seeing how Kirk & Co. were going to find there way out of an impossible situation each week.

Bones is one I actually watch every week. It is a bit funny at times, and I like the characters.

RooJay
04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
I think the problem is, people don't like this kind of show. The public seems to prefere crime investigation show. It's rediculous how many there are. CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Numbers, the Mentalist, Fringe, Law and Order, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Bones, Without a Trace, Cold Case......etc.

Hey now! Those are my grandmother-in-law's favorite shows! ;)

Tycho
04-10-2009, 11:06 PM
OK, what the heck just happened?

Sarah is doing what? Where did she go at the end. What was that "I love you, too" about?

Where did Catherine Weaver go in the future? What was her function? Is there going to be an alliance between SkyNet (to save it) and the Human Resistance?

John's with Derek and Cameron in the future. Does she remember him? Is she the same Cameron that went through time to the past (2009)?

John was staring straight into the eyes of his father, Kyle Reese! Whoa was that a powerful scene!

This show better not be ending. BTW, the sneak preview was just a replay of my favorite trailer - which is fine. I watch that nearly every day anyway - looked good on my big screen. But really, they added nothing new.

sith_killer_99
04-10-2009, 11:28 PM
John's with Derek and Cameron in the future. Does she remember him? Is she the same Cameron that went through time to the past (2009)?

I'm about 99% sure that's not Cameron, I suspect she is the human Cameron was modeled after. First of all they really highlighted her flaws with the lighting, blemishes and what not. Second humans use dogs to detect metal, and she was really close to the dog, patting it etc.

I really enjoyed the scene with John and his father, we all know he was destined to meet him, after all John sends him back, but this was a bit premature.

No one had heard of John Connor, that kinda threw me for a loop. I guess traveling forward in time means he wasn't there to make a name for himself as the leader of mankind. He can't be in two places at the same time, so I guess he just wasn't there. This would be one of the better story devices IMO, thus eliminating many of the problems associated with time travel.

Tycho
04-11-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm about 99% sure that's not Cameron, I suspect she is the human Cameron was modeled after.

Allison Young? I think that was her name they revealed in the flashback. What was she doing with Kyle Reese then? Was that the girlfriend he wanted before Sarah?

First of all they really highlighted her flaws with the lighting, blemishes and what not.

And I'm sure Summer Glau is perfect! :mad:

Second humans use dogs to detect metal, and she was really close to the dog, patting it etc.

What if the dog got to know a friendly Terminator that it was used to? I got to like Cameron A LOT so it's only natural I'm doing some wishful thinking. Meanwhile, maybe John is predisposed to then fall for Allison Young because of his attraction to Cameron? Maybe he even sends Kyle Reese away because he's competition for Allison? They in ironies of ironies, Kyle becomes his father. But then why send him away? I guess so that he CAN become his father. Geeze this always gets me confused.

No one had heard of John Connor, that kinda threw me for a loop. I guess traveling forward in time means he wasn't there to make a name for himself as the leader of mankind. He can't be in two places at the same time, so I guess he just wasn't there. This would be one of the better story devices IMO, thus eliminating many of the problems associated with time travel

Please explain with numbered or bulleted points. I'm so confused! :crazed:

RooJay
04-11-2009, 12:59 AM
OK, what the heck just happened?

Sarah is doing what? Where did she go at the end. What was that "I love you, too" about?

Sarah is staying put, and doing whatever Sarah is going to do in the present without John by her side. I imagine that "I love you, too" was about how Sarah Connor loves her son as he loves her. One could also take it to imply that at some point Sarah will follow John into the future for any number of reasons.

Where did Catherine Weaver go in the future? What was her function? Is there going to be an alliance between SkyNet (to save it) and the Human Resistance?

She went to hide from the humans that had just arrived on scene, as they surely would not have tolerated her presence. If you ask me personally, I believe her purpose was to insure the creation and development of John Henry - who is clearly the brother of SkyNet, and who is most likely destined to become the polar opposite of SkyNet and will pursue co-existence with humanity. As I've been suspecting now for some time, it looks as though Weaver (whom I am now almost certain was the same liquid metal terminator from the submarine episode) may have come to believe that the machines are in danger of losing the war, and she has taken it upon herself to use John Henry to combat SkyNet in an effort to ensure their survival. I'm almost certain at this point that John Henry is not SkyNet, but something else completely. I believe he and Weaver will side with humanity and oppose SkyNet.

I think it's pretty clear that she is not the Cameron that we have come to know, but is almost surely the human (Allison) that Cameron was based on physically. A better question would be, where is the Cameron (her body at least - her chip is obviously with John Henry for reasons yet unknown) that went through time to the future? Weaver said that the body didn't come through, or something to that nature; I'm left to wonder why, and where then did it go?

John was staring straight into the eyes of his father, Kyle Reese! Whoa was that a powerful scene!

Agreed, very cool! Looks like Kyle Reese is somehow actually not John's father - not yet at least in the new time-line this has obviously created, as no one seems to remember the existence of John Connor.

This show better not be ending. BTW, the sneak preview was just a replay of my favorite trailer - which is fine. I watch that nearly every day anyway - looked good on my big screen. But really, they added nothing new.

Man, is that trailer ever awesome! can't wait for this movie to hit! I take back all the bad stuff I said about McG when I heard he'd been hired to direct. Let's just hope the finished product delivers on the promise of the trailer.

And I'm sure Summer Glau is perfect!

Yes, my friend. Yes she is. Would it were that this were an HBO or Showtime series - would've loved to have seen a little more from John's perspective tonight if you catch my meaning...

Tycho
04-11-2009, 01:19 AM
One could also take it to imply that at some point Sarah will follow John into the future for any number of reasons.

That could explain why Sarah is not too old for Kyle (in the future) and how John got born in the future. Then if Kyle loves Sarah, he'd volunteer to go back for her.

Now we have to ask if John Connor will meet himself? Will he see himself as an infant? It's still crazy. But that could answer how Kyle Reese is his father and always was, even when you'd think in the first Terminator movie, that John Connor had a different father. But yeah - his last name was always Connor - Sarah's maiden name. You'd think that from the get-go, (the first Terminator movie), he'd have been named something else (last name) whom Reese would know him by. Crazy I never thought of that before, and after all these years!

who is most likely destined to become the polar opposite of SkyNet and will pursue co-existence with humanity.

I wonder if that is how Terminator 6 will end up? [T-6 starring Christian Bale in theaters in 2013 or 2015]

As I've been suspecting now for some time, it looks as though Weaver (whom I am now almost certain was the same liquid metal terminator from the submarine episode)

Yup! I thought so. See a few posts of mine back... Good plot though!

may have come to believe that the machines are in danger of losing the war, and she has taken it upon herself to use John Henry to combat SkyNet in an effort to ensure their survival. I'm almost certain at this point that John Henry is not SkyNet, but something else completely. I believe he and Weaver will side with humanity and oppose SkyNet.

That's awesome! That's how Marcus Wright might be related to the plot of the new movie. They keep saying it's not in the same continuity - but it sure looks like it was developing that way. It would not be that hard at all to coordinate it.

I think it's pretty clear that she is not the Cameron that we have come to know, but is almost surely the human (Allison) that Cameron was based on physically.

I wished we had learned more about Allison. I don't remember too much from that episode. I had dismissed it as unimportant. I was very wrong.

A better question would be, where is the Cameron (her body at least - her chip is obviously with John Henry for reasons yet unknown) that went through time to the future?

Hmmm. I don't know where to begin even speculating on this.

Weaver said that the body didn't come through, or something to that nature; I'm left to wonder why, and where then did it go?

Yeah. No doubt! THERE HAS TO BE A THIRD SEASON!!!

Agreed, very cool! Looks like Kyle Reese is somehow actually not John's father - not yet at least in the new time-line this has obviously created, as no one seems to remember the existence of John Connor.

No. I think he is John's father. In fact, I think Sarah goes to the Future Wars and Kyle falls in love with her there. Then he voluntarily goes back in time to protect her in the first Terminator movie.

Man, is that trailer ever awesome! can't wait for this movie to hit!

I know! I know! I know!!!

Yes, my friend. Yes she is. Would it were that this were an HBO or Showtime series - would've loved to have seen a little more from John's perspective tonight if you catch my meaning...

Yup. I know exactly what you're thinking. When I got out of the hospital, my homecare nurse looked a lot like Summer and I was so in love! Actually I showed her the DVD box set (Season 1) and she watched every last episode! My nurse was liking the show, too.

The pinheads at FOX better figure out what they have here and return the show to somewhere along M-W weeknights (or Sunday nights). I don't want it to run opposite of Smallville, but I'd choose Terminator so easily! They totally have an audience that will grow even bigger to eat that show alive especially after the movie!

sith_killer_99
04-11-2009, 11:08 AM
And I'm sure Summer Glau is perfect! :mad:

LOL, so am I, that's why her blemishes stood out to me. They were likely put on by the makeup department to convey a sense of imperfection, thus making her appear more human like. All of which only serves to back up my original theory that she is in fact Allison Young (from Palmdale). We know Allison was a resistance fighter, so it makes sense.

What if the dog got to know a friendly Terminator that it was used to? I got to like Cameron A LOT so it's only natural I'm doing some wishful thinking.

IIRC the dogs went ape sh it around Cameron during the flash forward in a previous episode, despite the fact that she had been living with the humans and John for some time.

What was that "I love you, too" about?

Before John and Sarah went in to see Ms. Weaver John told his mom "I love you." and she just stood there looking at him, she didn't say a word. After he jumped to the future she responded "I love you too.":rolleyes:

Please explain with numbered or bulleted points. I'm so confused! :crazed:

In the first few eps. of TSCC John, Sarah, and Cameron time travel to the future.

They go from 1999 to 2007. During the 8 years between, John, Sarah, and Cameron are no where to be found, because they are not there.

If John jumps from 2009 to say 2020 (not sure what year he is in right now, so let's just say it's 2020) then he effectively did not exist between 2009 and 2020. So there is no John Connor to lead the resistance following Judgement Day.:yes:

Sure, he can travel back in time to when he left, but then the future will change and the time he traveled to would be different. The future is always in motion, changing.

In other word, every time someone goes to the future it is a different future, one where they have not been around. Hence it would be impossible for them to run into themselves.:smoker:

The question remains why did Cameron jump to the future, did John Henry say something to her? Was it her plan all along? Is she planning to attempt to irradicate her base "Terminator" programing so that she would never kill John? Did she realize she would always pose a threat to John and leave for his protection? Was she just on a little trip to pick up a spare body?lol

I don't think John will stay, he and Weaver will end up joining forces, along with John Henry and we will see a new way for humans and machines to co-exist and fight Skynet. The irony here is that Connor/Weaver will be able to use machines to infiltrate Syknet the same way Skynet used Terminators to infiltrate the human resistance.:crazed:

Tycho
04-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Hey SithKiller, congrats on your new son!

Thanks for that whole "clear-up" on T:TSCC.

I agree that they left the possibility open for the TV show to have a 3rd season or for this plot to blend into the movies.

By Terminator 2: JD, John is already using machines as allies (Arnold's T-800) and T2 has never been over-written the way T3 was, and perhaps T:TSCC will be. Still, this makes your head spin.

I hope the show comes back and reunites the cast. It looks like Brian Austin Green (as Derek) could still be onboard the show. (I think he did his scenes last night uncredited but I'm not positive). But I sure hope so, as Derek Reese is such a cool character!

I also hope the movie meshes with it, as do T5, and T6.

In the previews for T4, there is also a girl who looks like Jesse. The extended cast of this show is awesome as well (even if we learned to hate Jesse for her devious plot that could have thwarted John, unintentionally - as Jesse didn't know John was creating an alliance with some of the machines).

I loved Ms. Weaver's quote that "Sarah Connor thinks her son is the Messiah." That was a humorous (if meant to be dry) observation that made me laugh out loud.

By the way, I thought underneath her human camaouflage, Cameron had BLUE electronic eyes. What gives with the red eye? Or is she like R2D2 and can change colors. Perhaps red is "kill mode?"

sith_killer_99
04-11-2009, 02:18 PM
(I think he did his scenes last night uncredited but I'm not positive)

Nope, he was listed in the opening credits, I remember wondering if it was because he would be in a flashback of flashforward, but he was credited.

By the way, I thought underneath her human camaouflage, Cameron had BLUE electronic eyes. What gives with the red eye? Or is she like R2D2 and can change colors. Perhaps red is "kill mode?"

LOL, good observation, that one slipped by me.:D

Hey SithKiller, congrats on your new son!

Thanks, I will get pics up as soon as I can.

Tycho
04-11-2009, 04:52 PM
In T3, the Termamatrix also had blue eyes.* And when you saw "Cameron Vision" you always saw it in blue. It leaves me to conclude that even in kill mode, she sees in blue. Then perhaps with infrared, body heat for her targets would spike the red, orange, yellow colors. Then again, it might be like R2D2, and Cameron sees in whatever mode she's using at the moment.

That makes me wonder if she might ever have green eyes, like when she's using night vision.

(This discussion is about Cameron. Summer Glau has beautiful brown eyes, naturally. The present talk is only about what the Terminator's character has for electronic eyes beneath the artificial facade organs).

* The Termamatrix was a more advanced model than Cameron, developed some time later, and somehow combining aspects of a T-1000 with a metal frame Terminator (which didn't make a lot of sense to me, btw). However, the Termamatrix could form energy weapons that could fire away from her, while the first T-1000's in use (in T2:JD) couldn't form complicated smaller parts like those found in a gun, for example.

Terminator is so freakin' cool!

sith_killer_99
04-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Yes, Terminator is cool, and Summer Glau is freakin' hot! I think I'm gonna rent Firefly Serenity this weekend!:thumbsup:

Lord Malakite
04-11-2009, 09:18 PM
In the first few eps. of TSCC John, Sarah, and Cameron time travel to the future.

They go from 1999 to 2007. During the 8 years between, John, Sarah, and Cameron are no where to be found, because they are not there.

If John jumps from 2009 to say 2020 (not sure what year he is in right now, so let's just say it's 2020) then he effectively did not exist between 2009 and 2020. So there is no John Connor to lead the resistance following Judgement Day.:yes:

Sure, he can travel back in time to when he left, but then the future will change and the time he traveled to would be different. The future is always in motion, changing.

In other word, every time someone goes to the future it is a different future, one where they have not been around. Hence it would be impossible for them to run into themselves.:smoker:
It should also be technically impossible for John Connor and Weaver to run into their version of "John Henry" with their version of Cameron's chip. "John Henry" time traveled from 2007 into "the future" while Connor was still in 2007, therefore the future he traveled to was one where Connor existed as the "resistance leader". When John Connor and Weaver traveled into the future though they traveled into alternate future where John Connor doesn't exist.

Tycho
04-11-2009, 10:21 PM
When John Connor and Weaver traveled into the future though they traveled into alternate future where John Connor doesn't exist.

Where he doesn't exist YET.

Perhaps SkyNet was always defeated with the help of John Connor's secret computer skills. Perhaps it wasn't totally a skill set, but a secret alliance between man and machine (programming) that many in the Resistance didn't know about (Jesse, Kyle Reese, Derek Reese, etc.)? An alliance with John Henry, as was code-named an alternate program.

When computers get viruses, people use anti-virus, anti-spyware programs to destroy them. You can't save your laptop by taking a machine gun to it.

So with this alliance, maybe John Henry makes it possible to retrieve Sarah Connor from the past, and pull her into the Future Wars. There she meets Kyle Reese and he falls for her. She is either killed in the Future Wars or threatened in the past (1984) - well it has to be at LEAST the latter since Arnold is sent to terminate Sarah in 1984. Thus Kyle volunteers to go back in time to protect her, and John makes that possible, knowing that this man will become John's own father. But he trusts Kyle, because like Charlie Dixon, Kyle loves Sarah Connor and John knows this to be true. Who else would he trust to protect his mother?

Now I have no idea what role Weaver will play in the Future Wars, but she has already been there as evidenced by Jesse's submarine story.

And John will certainly fall in love with Allison Young.

In fact, I could see the show, which is NOT officially cancelled, I'm now hearing, continuing. However, Summer Glau will play Allison Young for half a season or more. (Still kind of sucks because she kicks butt as a Terminator!)

Maybe Allison is killed and John Henry evolves to the point where (in his naivite) he recreates Allison to help heal John, only he knows she's a machine and he sends her away to the past to help him and his mother survive before Judgement Day.

Then John is freed up to meet Kate Brewster and marry her (Kate Connor) as has always been his destiny (as revealed by Terminator 3 anyway). This will jive with what we're being presented with in Terminator: Salvation, as John is played by Christian Bale.

Now - will John return to the past? Probably in some attempt to save his mother - well maybe. Derek could be left in command in the Future Wars.
(Brian Austin Green obviously does NOT have to leave the show - but the writers did a serious job of killing him dead in 2009! It never played like a cheap ratings-getter gimmick.)

Or the show could start a third season (gosh we all would hope!) with part of the show (every night) taking place in 2009 and part of it in post-2011 or whenever the new Judgement Day is supposed to fall.

Terminator Salvation takes place in 2018. T2:JD's Future Wars sequences are in 2029.

John would be a little young to be played by Christian Bale, maybe: Bale is about 35 I think, or older? And John as played by Thomas Dekker is 18 in 2008 and by 2018 he'd be 28. So it's possible that this is all set up correctly to fit.

Hey, did Dekker get to do a scene with Summer there REALLY topless? Or did they use a body-double for her? Or did they cut and paste things to make it all look like he was a very lucky boy?

"Now get on top of me." Words I long to hear directed toward me by Summer Glau. (In actuality, she's like 26 I think: 8 years older than he is, though on the show they are supposed to be close to the same age (as she is made to appear anyway. The actual cyborg might be only 3 years old or something.

Geeze I feel like watching my Terminator movies again tonight!

Lord Malakite
04-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Where he doesn't exist YET.
I think you missed the point I was trying to get at. Look at Derek and Jesse's discussions from earlier episodes. Particularly where Jesse mentions to Derek that he was tortured by one of the "greys" (humans who knowingly side with Skynet) and Derek says that said event didn't happen to him. The Derek and Jesse that existed in 2007 (even though both knew each other from their own respective pasts/"future" time line) were in fact from two distinct "alternate versions" of the future due to manipulating events in the present.

Now go back to the John Henry thing. When John Henry/Cameron's chip traveled into the future John Connor had not gone through yet. He was still in 2007. Therefore we can reason that the "John Henry/Cameron chip" we know from the show ended up in a "future" where John Connor didn't time travel/skip past "Judgment Day" and aged naturally/became leader of the resistance. Once John Connor traveled with Weaver into the future though they created a paradox/alternate future. They ended up in a future where John Connor isn't leader of the resistance because Connor did not exist in time period gap from 2007 to whatever date after "Judgment Day" they landed (due to the time travel). So Connor and Weaver may find John Henry and Cameron's chip in this future, but it will not be their John Henry and Cameron chip (on account the to this tangent/alternate future created).

It sort of loosely compares to the TV show "Sliders alter universes and "Back to the Future II" alter time line thing if you get my drift. But I think it leans more towards "Sliders" territory in that our 2007 Einstein (John Henry) and 2007 Jennifer (Cameron's chip) won't auto shift back to the same time line with our 2007 Marty (John Connor) and 2007 Doc (Weaver) even if they complete their goal. Our 2007 Connor and 2007 Weaver will still be stuck with alter time line 2007 bizarro John Henry and 2007 bizarro Cameron/chip.

tagmac
04-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Here's another possibility. The "John Connor" of the future is actually John Henry, who, with Cameron's programming in him, gives his last name as "Connor" when confronting and leading the resistance figters. Sure, it spits in the face of the original Terminator movies, but it's an interesting possibility should the show continue for another season.

Kidhuman
04-12-2009, 09:11 AM
It could have ended alot better

Darth Metalmute
04-12-2009, 02:16 PM
The question remains why did Cameron jump to the future, did John Henry say something to her? Was it her plan all along? Is she planning to attempt to irradicate her base "Terminator" programing so that she would never kill John? Did she realize she would always pose a threat to John and leave for his protection? Was she just on a little trip to pick up a spare body?lol

From what I understand, there are three future groups involved. Skynet, the human resistance, and a group of computers and terminators that want peace.

The base where the sub picked up the T-1000 was this third group. That terminator is Weaver. Cameron set up the meeting as John's future assistant. That is why she didn't want Jesse to talk to John after the sub returned because she did it behind Johns back.

My guess is John Henry went back in time with Cameron's chip to seal the deal with the third group. That is why they asked, "Will you join us." Which is what Cameron asked of them.

Hopefully, we get to find out the rest, even if they only release a novel on it.

OC47150
04-13-2009, 06:00 PM
I hope this show gets renewed for a third season, 'cause, after Friday's episode, the storylines would be awesome!!!

One thing has bothered me this season: is the future sending Terminators back on a regular basis, or are they sleeper agents already here? If it's the former, the time travel portal is working overtime!

Lord Malakite
04-14-2009, 12:41 AM
One thing has bothered me this season: is the future sending Terminators back on a regular basis, or are they sleeper agents already here? If it's the former, the time travel portal is working overtime!
Its a bit of both. Some are implied to have been here for a while (like "Vic" T-888, "coltan stockpiling" T-888, "1920's" T-888 bricked in wall) and others are either shown as just arriving ("Ellison" T-888, "military academy" T-888, "red head female" T-888 with "auto destruct" chip) or are implied to have just arrived ("Weaver assassin" T-888 with same "auto destruct" chip feature as the "red head female" T-888). Then of course you got our main terminators, whatever you want to make of them. Given the multiple "time leaps", "long term goals" and such they have done over the course of the two seasons its kind of hard to classify them as just one or the other ("Weaver" T-1001, "Cromartie/Lazlo/John Henry" T-888 (which is technically two characters, one being "Cromartie/Lazlo" before the T-888 chip was destroyed and the other being "John Henry"), and of course the "Cameron" Terminator).

Phantom-like Menace
04-14-2009, 01:51 AM
My Tivo cut out just before the end, so I didn't see Glau at the end. I'd guess it's Allison too. I really am curious to see where they're going with this.

Tycho
04-14-2009, 03:11 AM
Pray they are going into a third season with it!

Darth Metalmute
04-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Phantom-like Menace,
Here are some stills from that episode along with some "facts" about what happened. The last one is Allison (Cameron) with the dog.

http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_222:_Born_to_Run

It's from wikipedia so you know it's true.

Phantom-like Menace
04-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Pray they are going into a third season with it!

Amen.

Phantom-like Menace,
Here are some stills from that episode along with some "facts" about what happened. The last one is Allison (Cameron) with the dog.

http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_222:_Born_to_Run

It's from wikipedia so you know it's true.

Thanks good sir.

Tycho
04-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah that Wiki page has an awesome Q&A that I'm still reading. I gather those are not official answers but I found it worth it to read the speculation. I love this show so much!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Sorry gents; according to EW, it won't be back next season.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/scoop-fox-set-t.html?cnn=yes

Tycho
04-14-2009, 11:20 PM
But according to Brian Austin Green, it still might be (http://digg.com/d1ojJv) and Derek Reese will be back. That was always the plan. It was just the most shocking, empty death I can ever recall for a hero character, and they did it on purpose. Green was told he was still coming back in the future even after his termination.

Also a 3rd season would begin during the Future Wars - on par with the Christian Bale movies. How cool is that?

Oh, and Brian Austin Green says he's not only a Terminator fan, but a Star Wars (and Battlestar Galactica) fan.

He's into it!

sith_killer_99
04-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Seems like the script has been written for a third season, or at least a solid outline.

I think FOX is done with TSCC, but hopefully someone else will pick it up. SciFi (Siffy) would be wise to grab it if they can! It's bound to do better than Caprica.

Kidhuman
04-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Maybe since Sarah isnt in the future, the name is changed of the show....

Slicker
04-15-2009, 08:24 AM
I find it hard to believe that they're gonna let this show die with a movie upcoming. You'd think they'd take a gamble that the movie will generate more interest in the TV show.

sith_killer_99
04-15-2009, 01:24 PM
I find it hard to believe that they're gonna let this show die with a movie upcoming. You'd think they'd take a gamble that the movie will generate more interest in the TV show.

From what I've read it's working in the opposite direction. Word is FOX got a break in the cost of royalties to keep costs lower and go for a second season and keep energy high for the upcoming film. Once the film is done, they will try to milk the royalties for as much as they can, and plan on raising costs on FOX.

Of course, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If FOX cancels the show then there will be no royalties what so ever. Also a third season could generate buzz for a DVD/Blu-Ray release for the film.

Who knows.:crazed:

Tycho
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
There's also going to be a 5th and 6th film. Christian Bale signed on to play John Connor for 3 movies.

So why not have the show run at least 4 more years? I think a 5 year run is what the standard is for successful syndication (the sale to non-producing channels who want the rights to the re-runs). So 6 years of TSCC would be great. And by then, it might be so popular, that they'll keep it on for 9 years (c'mon if Smallville deserves a 9 year run???)

OC47150
04-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Sorry gents; according to EW, it won't be back next season.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/scoop-fox-set-t.html?cnn=yes

A friend sent me this article.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/972/972713p1.html

I do hope some other channel picks it up. Sci Fi would be most likely, but who knows.

Devo
04-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Assuming no last minute reprieve, goodbye TSCC. For this fan you were a worthy successor to Cameron's 2 films and wiped the awful memory of T3 away. Thank you. And no thanks whatsoever to the general american public. Enjoy your 10 different CSIs and crappy reality ''talent'' shows.

Tycho
04-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Dude: don't give up on T:TSCC!

I think it's said that Fox won't announce their fall line-up until May 18th?

There is more buzz about saving SCC from the chopping block than any other show (maybe) set to be axed.

SCC has like no negative criticism and all-praise for the writers and cast.

Is FOX going to just ignore that? And what? With the movie coming. May 18th is 3 days before Salvation hits theaters. I'm sure there will be pre-screenings for critics and "select audiences" by then. What if reviews are coming back saying that the film is awesome?

Kidhuman
04-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Fox also needs to look at this:

Online Video To Drive Pay TV Growth
The growing popularity of time shifting and "primetime anytime" online VOD services are expected to drive worldwide pay TV subscribership past 1.4 billion by 2013, according to a report released Wednesday by market research firm Parks Associates.

And that's despite the increasingly segmented and competitive global TV services market.

“Online video is not robbing primetime of its audience but supplementing it,” said Jayant Dasari, a research analyst with Parks Associates. “The majority of U.S. broadband households use online video to catch up on their TV viewing, and 36 percent of those who pay for internet video content have increased consumption of primetime television. Moving video from the PC to the TV is a natural progression, one that aligns with consumers’ current behavior.”

Ando
04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Dude: don't give up on T:TSCC!

I think it's said that Fox won't announce their fall line-up until May 18th?

There is more buzz about saving SCC from the chopping block than any other show (maybe) set to be axed.

SCC has like no negative criticism and all-praise for the writers and cast.

I really liked T:TSCC, but this is starting to remind me of the end of Arrested Development in 2005/2006. One of the BEST TV comedies of all time. Smart, sharply written. Planned out in advance better than any 1 hour action/drama we've seen lately, and yet FOX let it die. They never knew how to promote and market it and with shows like American Idol paying the bills due to low overhead and America's bloodlust for reality TV (shows like this and Survivor and other prime time "game shows"), this will continue.

Shows like T:TSCC, Firefly, (and Arrested -- Sorry, I was and am a HUGE fan of that show) and other smart, well written (but presumably expensive) shows are what I like to see on TV, but they may be better suited to a short life with a feature film follow up for loose ends much like Firefly-Serenity.

This would help (in my opinion) keep some shows from getting bloated and carrying on for WAY too long (Did anyone else note that we didn't get a blizzard episode on ER this season?).

I am sad to see it go. I liked it, I liked where it was going. I like the franchise, and I can't wait to see Salvation this summer.

DarkArtist
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
I'll be seriously upset if T: TSCC is cancelled. I mean the show is great and to leave everyone hanging with this season's finale. I mean i'm interested to know what happens with Weaver and John and Cromartie ?

TSCC cannot be cancelled, i'd seriously think about boycoting ever watching a show on fox tv again.

Phantom-like Menace
04-17-2009, 01:01 AM
TSCC cannot be cancelled, i'd seriously think about boycoting ever watching a show on fox tv again.

I've sworn off Fox in the past with the exclusion of Family Guy, since that was a show they realized they needed to bring back. TSCC was an exception due to the fact that I'm a fan of that franchise and because Glau was involved, and Dollhouse was an exception because Whedon was involved. I can't imagine I'll make another exception again unless Fox is home to another show set in the Buffyverse, and that's unlikely enough that I imagine Family Guy will be the only thing I watch on Fox.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-17-2009, 01:08 AM
I've actually been watching more shows on Fox than any other.

House
Fringe
Bones
Terminator
Dollhouse
Prison Break (returns tomorrow, Friday, April 17)

Tycho
04-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Season 3 is planned. The show might be back! (http://www.terminatorchronicles.com/tscc-producers-give-us-a-ray-of-hope-for-tscc-season-3/)

Geeze I sure hope so!

Darth Metalmute
04-30-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm not holding my breath, but I have read somewhere that the Tivo/DVR numbers are in and they were good for the show. The numbers are not real reliable but the FOX Execs might realize that FOX is the channel that appears to be the most Tivo/DVR'ed out of all the major networks.

Dollhouse was up there as well in those numbers.

Blue2th
05-01-2009, 02:01 AM
I certainly hope we get season 3. I like the way they said that they are using string theory, in that there are alternate dimensions or time lines. I think they could make it work.
Hopefully the movie will be as popular as ever and they will have to continue the series.

Devo
05-18-2009, 01:52 PM
:( RIP Sarah Connor Chronicles. :mad: Rot forever in hell Fox execs. But since I don't believe in hell I'd settle for a retraction of your decision and your resignations instead.

Qui-Long Gone
05-18-2009, 01:54 PM
I don't believe in hell

I bet if you worked at Fox, you'd believe in hell....:p

Kidhuman
05-18-2009, 02:10 PM
This sucks. Great show gone to the crapper

Tycho
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Oh no! They terminated Terminator?

2 days before a movie debuts that will bring national attention to the franchise like it hasn't seen in a long time - after all it's a script by Nolan for a film starring Bale. Didn't one of those (called The Dark Knight) just win two Oscar Awards?

So what the heck were they thinking at Fox? Put the darn show on Sunday nights, or Tue, Wed, or Thu - Fridays get notoriously bad ratings. Besides, I want Brian Austin Green to be able to afford his Star Wars figures.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Phantom-like Menace
05-18-2009, 04:53 PM
I wanted to leave a link from an official source for the cancellation.

http://www.fox.com/blogs/terminator/

I was certainly pulling for this show. I enjoyed it enough to feel I spent that hour per week in a positive way. I'm probably in the minority of people on this thread when I said on my personal message board, "Honestly, I can't be too upset with Fox here. I want to be upset with Fox, but there was little reason for them to keep the show going for the entirety of a second season, and they didn't just cancel it out of hand." As it says in the blog above, the show was given time to find an audience, and it certainly did. It just wasn't enough, and the resulting cancellation sucks.

sith_killer_99
05-18-2009, 08:34 PM
F 'em, I'm done with FOX, never again will my television be tuned to their programming....EVER!

From here on out I will download Bones and Fringe....MAYBE 24, though it's getting old. My wife will probably download Dollhouse..that's it.

Everything else is carp anyway. I hope they choke on their latest failure!

Looks like it's down to 2 good nights of television per week...

Monday - Chuck and Heroes (CBS)
Thursday - Smallville and Supernatural (CW)

Pretty soon I won't even be using my DVR, except to record Glen Beck.

Thank God for the other networks, soon I will be back to watching Burn Notice and Dexter!

BTW, I will also pass on T4, at this point I prefer to just wait to rent it from my Netflix account.:(

Tycho
05-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Why pass on T4? Over TSCC's cancellation?

Mad Slanted Powers
05-19-2009, 12:23 AM

It would be a great strategy if it could actually work.

1. Fox cancels TSCC
2. Angry fans decide to not go see the movie
3. Makers of movie sue Fox for undermining the success of their movie
4. Next time Fox plans to cancel a show, they'll be more receptive to the pleas of the fans.

RooJay
05-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I can't see how abstaining from Salvation would really send any kind of message here - the movie is produced by Warner Brothers, not Fox.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-19-2009, 01:28 AM
Yeah, I can't see how abstaining from Salvation would really send any kind of message here - the movie is produced by Warner Brothers, not Fox.
I actually looked that up before I posted to make sure that my the strategy made sense. It wouldn't make sense Fox to sue themselves if they made the movie. WB could claim that Fox sabotaged their movie by canceling the show just before the movie is about to premiere, causing fans to lose interest.

RooJay
05-19-2009, 01:40 AM
I'm not going to be the one to tell you that's never going to happen. We'll just wait and see - how long do you suppose it will take for us to accept that there's no way Warners is going to sue Fox for something like that and we learn which of us is right?

Tycho
05-19-2009, 01:56 AM
They won't have a suit. Terminator Salvation is going to make a LOT of money. In fact, I think that by supporting Terminator, FOX will see how valuable the property is.

Darth Metalmute
05-19-2009, 08:15 AM
From what I read over at TVbythenumbers.com site, there are three un-aired episodes of TSCC left. One of the reporters on the website said that we will find out that Friedman and Miller played us all.

You can check it out here.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/17/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles-canceled/18840#comment-90618

Look for Lanie Grace comments.

I'm hoping that those three episodes, if they do exist, are released in some media form because my guess is that they will finish the story arc.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-19-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm not going to be the one to tell you that's never going to happen. We'll just wait and see - how long do you suppose it will take for us to accept that there's no way Warners is going to sue Fox for something like that and we learn which of us is right?I wasn't really entirely serious about my comments anyway. That's why I said it would be a great strategy if it could actually work.

Blue2th
05-19-2009, 08:59 AM
One more reason for me to hate Fox even more than I do!
We still have Fringe and House though.

Is Prison Break still on? :rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
05-19-2009, 01:00 PM

If I go see the show now, in theaters, I will likely enjoy it very much, only to go on further lamenting the loss of TSCC. That's too much for me right now.:(

Let's face it, we have spent more time with TSCC Terminator series than we have with the movies in terms of screen time. Additionally, TSCC is still fresh in my mind, which will make it more difficult to get over the loss of this show.

I will wait until the movie comes out on disc.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-19-2009, 06:45 PM
One more reason for me to hate Fox even more than I do!
We still have Fringe and House though.

Is Prison Break still on? :rolleyes:

Prison Break had its finale Friday. I have yet to watch it as I was not home that night.

Fringe and House are both good, and I watch Bones and 24 as well.

Tycho
05-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Terminator Salvation was an insult to the fans of this show!!! :mad:

However, nothing in the movie negates that Sarah Connor Chronicles did actually happen.

Taking into account T1, T2, T3, and TSCC, Terminator Salvation *might* only go along with negating T3.

TSCC certainly put John in the future and explains how he winds up being older than his own father.

Now I don't know how Kate Brewster got to be in the future and the same age as John at that.

I guess TSCC John would have to go back into the past himself and some of the events of T3 would have to happen anyway.

RooJay
05-22-2009, 02:36 AM
TSCC certainly put John in the future and explains how he winds up being older than his own father.

The original Terminator did that when Kyle Reese went back in time to father John in the first place.

Now I don't know how Kate Brewster got to be in the future and the same age as John at that.

Perhaps time had just passed as it usually tends to? We're actually all traveling to the future right now, and will each be the same age as everyone else born in the same year when we get there. I don't understand what you mean here.:confused:

Zorba459
05-22-2009, 02:54 AM
I went and saw Terminator Salvation and was mucho disappointed. Lanie Grace has a dead on review. www.fmqinc.com (http://www.fmqinc.com)

sith_killer_99
05-22-2009, 07:11 AM
Save your money and wait for Netflix.
http://www.fmqinc.com/terminator-salvation-review-by-lanie-grace/

Will do, no problems there!:laugh:

Tycho
05-22-2009, 09:17 AM
The original Terminator did that when Kyle Reese went back in time to father John in the first place.

I didn't understand that before. I thought John must have originally had a different father other than Kyle, and Kyle's time trip changed history by having him get involved with Sarah.

Now I understand it that (because of time travel), the events in Terminator 1 never took place "first" and in some ways, events in TSCC take place before the events in T1, even though SCC takes place in 1997 and 2007 and T1 takes place in 1984.

OK. Who was going to figure out that John, a character not seen in T1, was actually going to be a time traveler from 2008 to 2011 or something. You even have that conversation between Derek and Jesse about when Judgement Day happens for each of them - the date being different.

In spite of the saying "There is no fate but what we make," it seems that Kyle and Sarah are destined for each other, as are John and Kate, and Derek and Jesse. Crazy.

Perhaps time had just passed as it usually tends to?

It can't though. Right before T2, John and Kate played spin-the-bottle in their friend's basement and I take it that both were about 13.

So when John is 18, Kate may be as well.

Also when John is 18, he time travels to 2011 or something. There, Kate might be 22 or so, but while John should be, he is still 18. I guess the age difference isn't so bad.

Kate is older than John then. But barely. It still works.

So did Kate marry that guy in T3 and then divorce him or was her husband killed on Judgement Day?

We're actually all traveling to the future right now, and will each be the same age as everyone else born in the same year when we get there. I don't understand what you mean here.:confused:

Hopefully, I just explained that to you above.

sith_killer_99
05-22-2009, 10:54 PM
My head hurts.:p

RooJay
05-23-2009, 04:24 AM
I didn't understand that before. I thought John must have originally had a different father other than Kyle, and Kyle's time trip changed history by having him get involved with Sarah.

Now I understand it that (because of time travel), the events in Terminator 1 never took place "first" and in some ways, events in TSCC take place before the events in T1, even though SCC takes place in 1997 and 2007 and T1 takes place in 1984.

Multiple sequels would seem to imply that some things may well be inevitable. Could very well be that the paradox of a grownup John Connor sending his own father back in time to cause his own birth was just always supposed to happen. Maybe that's what makes John so special - he's truly a man born ahead of his time? Birthed of the same conflict he's destined to eventually fight?

Also when John is 18, he time travels to 2011 or something. There, Kate might be 22 or so, but while John should be, he is still 18. I guess the age difference isn't so bad.

Kate is older than John then. But barely. It still works.

Yes, but only if you take the time line from T:SCC as your basis. Clearly that show had created a different time line which we now unfortunately will never get to see play out. My whole take on that is that at some point, John must have been eventually intended to travel back to the point where he left. Then of course we have to consider the original time jump at the beginning of the show, which does make Kate older than John (if only physically - John was still born in the same year), though to my recollection none of the films so far have ever claimed anything to the contrary.

So did Kate marry that guy in T3 and then divorce him or was her husband killed on Judgement Day?

Guess now we'll never know as far as the time line created in T:SCC is concerned. Doesn't look like any of that may have happened as far as the other films seem to imply. Thing about time travel is that each time a new trip is made to the past (basically the individual plots of each subsequent film) a new time line and a new reality is formed. Maybe still some things are just destined to happen in each and cannot be changed, while other things can. If I may get all metaphysical for a moment.

Worth noting that clearly these types of stories are not some folks' cup of tea...

...for those folks - Hey, look! Robots with guns!

Hopefully, I just explained that to you above.

Only in so far as we might consider all things to be considered equal and absolute, but the nature of this type of story might tend to defy that logic.

Lord Malakite
08-07-2009, 04:59 AM
This should make Tycho happy. It looks like T:TSCC may get to continue after all. If this site (http://www.terminatorchronicles.com/will-the-sarah-connor-chronicles-return-as-a-direct-to-dvd-movie/) is to be believed, then a "Direct-To-DVD" movie is in the works that will continue where Season 2 left off.

Tycho
08-07-2009, 05:26 AM
Very cool. The Season 2 DVD set is coming out soon. BestBuy.com has it scheduled - I think for September.

The direct-to-DVD movie might be the rumored "last episodes filmed." If so, they are already done when the show was completed.

If so, this "movie" might still leave us hanging some more.

Lord Malakite
08-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Well, you learn something new everyday. It seems Summer Glau tried out for Power Rangers at one point (http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_7463). :D

She states that she tried out for Pink Ranger and came in second. After some looking into it it does appear that she did audition for a role on the show, just not Pink Ranger. The part she tried out for was Alyssa, the White Ranger from Power Ranger's 10th season (Power Rangers Wild Force).

Shame she tried out "before" her time. Summer would of been perfect as Summer, the Yellow Ranger for this season of Power Rangers (Power Rangers RPM) given its post-apocalypse "Terminator" theme.

Darth Metalmute
08-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Very cool. The Season 2 DVD set is coming out soon. BestBuy.com has it scheduled - I think for September.

The direct-to-DVD movie might be the rumored "last episodes filmed." If so, they are already done when the show was completed.

If so, this "movie" might still leave us hanging some more.

The episode guide on Best Buy lists 4 episodes after "Born to Run" which was the last one aired.

Tycho
12-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I just read in the paper today that Sarah Connor Chronicles won top Nielson ratings for a most-watched network television show in 2009.

Way to go FOX. Yeah, you should cancel television programs that people actually watch...:rolleyes:

BTW, I'm warming up to Salvation finally now that it's on DVD.

I got to like Marcus more. But I wanted a movie about John and Kyle.

I finally got it: Marcus is the Terminator (but I never thought of him that way).

Typical Terminator Movie lead cast:

T1, T2 Sarah
T1, T4 Kyle
T1, T2, T3, T4 Terminator (usually Arnold, now Sam)
T2, T3, T4 John

They've added "guest Terminators" - T-1000, Termamatrix, Marcus

The show followed the similar pattern:

Sarah
Derek (Kyle surrogate)
Cameron (Terminator)
John
Cromartie (guest Terminator)

Blue2th
12-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Well that's a frikkin' burn! :mad:

Fox defies logic.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-12-2009, 11:20 PM
I just read in the paper today that Sarah Connor Chronicles won top Nielson ratings for a most-watched network television show in 2009.I find that hard to believe. I thought they cancelled it because it wasn't getting good ratings.

Lord Malakite
12-13-2009, 01:24 AM
I find that hard to believe. I thought they cancelled it because it wasn't getting good ratings.
I think it was a "ratings to production cost" ratio thing. It was doing good ratings wise (when compared to other shows), just not ratings good enough (in of itself) profit wise to justify the costs being spent to make it.

Tycho
12-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Lord Malakite is probably right, however, FOX could have also charged more for advertising during that show, just like TV stations charge more for Superbowl ads. No, TSCC wouldn't cost THAT much to run ads during, but they could use the show's great ratings to justify charging more which they could use to channel towards production costs - versus say - executive pay or something.

Somebody ought to terminate their executives....

OC47150
12-13-2009, 07:22 PM
I just read in the paper today that Sarah Connor Chronicles won top Nielson ratings for a most-watched network television show in 2009.

Way to go FOX. Yeah, you should cancel television programs that people actually watch...:rolleyes:

Figures.

I, too, want to give T: Salvation another try. I saw it in the theatres and thought it was okay. It's more Marcus's story than John Connor's.

Tycho
12-13-2009, 10:33 PM
It's more Marcus's story than John Connor's.

That was it's problem. Most people went in to see a movie about John, and / or Kyle, for those of us who learned he'd be in the movie.

Anton Yelchin did a pretty good job of being a young Michael Bien, btw.