PDA

View Full Version : Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Season 2

Pages : [1] 2

Tycho
08-28-2008, 02:45 PM
The future is now. There is no fate but what we make.

Season 2 will start one week from this Monday!

We last saw Cameron getting blown up in an SUV, but she has synthetically grown (disgusting) skin flesh and that special metal that Terminators are made from, hidden somewhere. So I'm sure she'll repair herself.

Eric Reese (Kyle's brother) will be a permanent addition to the cast this season. The Future Wars fighter has made a nice contribution to the storyline thus far.

I will review the Season 1 DVDs in that season's thread once I get to watching them. With nothing else to add for the moment, this post will now Terminate!

But I'll be back.

Kidhuman
08-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Too bad they are putting it up against Heroes, it loses IMO

sith_killer_99
08-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Too bad they are putting it up against Heroes, it loses IMO

"Rating wars" don't mean much in this day and age. That is to say...dual channel DVR's, free episodes online, file sharing networks, iTunes and DVD/blu-ray sales all affect the market.

In fact, I'm pretty sure at lease one of these formats were the corner stone of a recent writer's strike.:yes:

In any event, I don't think it will damage the series to the point of cancellation.

Long live Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles!!!:yes:

BTW, I just bought the blu-ray set and it ROCKS!!!:yes:

Lord Malakite
08-31-2008, 04:34 AM
Until the mandatory all digital switch date in Feb. the Heroes vs. Terminator thing won't really be that a big of a deal. I'll just tape one and watch the other. The only question is which to tape and which to watch. ;)

sith_killer_99
08-31-2008, 08:32 AM
I'll just tape one and watch the other.

Tape? What is this tape you speak of?;)

OC47150
08-31-2008, 07:40 PM
I know of this tape and still heavily use it to this day!!!

I can't wait either.

jedibear
08-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Well...I don't want to start a war here, but I'm more apt to tune into this instead of Heroes...After last season, Heroes has a lot to make up for to get me interested again. Sorry Heroes fans, but it really was awful.
And I'm really hoping TSCC doesn't fall into that soph slump that Heroes did last year...been watching the DVD of last season and it's really good to watch this filling the screen and uninterrupted by commercials and noisy stuff in the corner...

Here's hoping the new season is as good as the first!

Tycho
08-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Yeah. I'm watching my Season 1 DVD set now and I can barely stop! The show was so edgy and great!

"I need reconstructive surgery!"

sith_killer_99
09-01-2008, 12:12 AM
I am a bit concerned about the upcoming season.

They did so much in the first season, now they have to push the second season to really get it up to par with the first.

I watched the behind the scenes/making of part on my blu-ray and they were really stoked about doing the episode where they go into the future. It worked really well, but I also remember them saying that it was expensive and time consuming, which is why they shot it last.

That sort of raised red flags for me. If the show doesn't get the ratings execs demand there will be little or no funding to do more episodes like that.

Speaking of which, did anyone else notice the foreshadowing between the future episode (where Derek is captured) and the part where John was talking to Derek about his mom "giving him up".

Derek tells John not to judge his mom too harshly, how four walls can mess with a persons head.

John says "some people never give up"

Derek's reply was "fewer than you think."

Somethings going on there. In the future episode Derek was taken to a room, interrogation style. Shortly after that they are all let go?!?! WTF? I want to know more!:Pirate:

Anyway, let's all hope the show is a big success, so we can all enjoy the outstanding work everyone has put into this. :thumbsup:

Lest this show end up going the way of truly great television like Surface or Invasion while "reality television" pollutes the networks.:mad:

Kidhuman
09-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Good News Everyone - It is on 8pm instead of 9pm, no conflicts

sith_killer_99
09-01-2008, 05:12 PM
That's great news.:D

Tenric78
09-02-2008, 01:20 PM
I liked the show, but i stopped liking the Terminator chick after she let the russian lady die...

Tycho
09-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I thought that was cool - it was a darker and edgier aspect to the story-telling, and this IS Terminator.

There are tons of awful shows out there where good or "the right thing" always triumphs. That's not the way it is in the real world everyday. Like I said, there are tons of other shows that perpetuate good always winning over evil, if a viewer wants to see that. In fact, it is the standard in most storytelling. Kudos for Terminator braving to be different.

But there's been more than one time where Cameron let someone die - the girl that was having the affair with her school counselor that jumped off the high school gym roof last season. Cameron refused to let John save her, nor did she save her herself (while she could have). But Cameron is not trying to be a hero. Her only mission is to protect John.

Tenric78
09-02-2008, 01:47 PM
I get what they are doing with all that, but that doesn't mean I have to like her.

Tycho
09-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Awesome season premier tonight. Everything was totally unexpected - I had the cliffhanger resolution worked out in my mind, and what the writers did was so much better!

Hey, what do you get when you cross a urinal and a Terminator?

A Terminal. Hahahahahahaha! :lipsrsealed:

But I did suspect from the very beginning that the lady CEO was a Terminator or something. So she's a T-1000 or a Termamatrix?

Cameron's "I love you, John!" got more of my attention though. I think there's more to that story than just a ploy to get him to spare her.

BTW - when she was pinned between the two trucks, shouldn't a Terminator be able to push her way out of that, though? Ah well, John was very quick to remove her chip.

Great show tonight!

sith_killer_99
09-09-2008, 05:47 AM
I LOVED it! The new season started with a bang.

Cameron's "I love you, John!" got more of my attention though. I think there's more to that story than just a ploy to get him to spare her.

Yeah, I've suspected there was something else there for a while now.

BTW - when she was pinned between the two trucks, shouldn't a Terminator be able to push her way out of that, though?

Yeah, but in all fairness, Sarah Connor kept her foot on the gas, which would have made it more difficult, as there was constant pressure being applied.

I suspected the red head was a Terminator from the get go, the surprise was that she was a "T-1000" model.

Kidhuman
09-09-2008, 06:01 AM
I thought it was a really good episode. Just a question, at the end when it said termination override, did she do that on her own or was it the program?

Tycho
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
I think the writers are leaving that as a mystery for now, KH.

The whole thing struggles with the question of "what is sentience?"

The Terminators start as extensions of SkyNet. They're akin to downloading your laptop to your i-Pod for the basic music program it can handle.

Then the Terminators start learning and adapting as their mission dictates. "No problemo."

Whether that eventually allows them to gain the same self-awareness that SkyNet originally got, is of course debatable. Any "good" Terminator that we've met (Uncle Bob, Cameron) were also reprogrammed by the Resistance (or John, personally). So it's hard to tell right now - and of course the writers will tease us with this and the sexual tension between John and Cameron (if she feels anything). But I suspect the "I love you" line will keep us speculating for the rest of the year. In spite of the great special effects and awesome action-story development, this show also has great character acting - just one more thing to keep us coming back for more each week.

I love Terminator stuff!

Qui-Long Gone
09-09-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm curious how this series will fit with the new film?

I like the vision of this series, but will it have enough tank in it's gas or will it pull a BSG/Lost/Alias and run out of gas on the brink of genius?

Tycho
09-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Well, then I think they need to keep it short and sweet. A few seasons - kind of like a mini-series.

It's too bad that in "TV land" the execs think that if a show is at the top of its ratings, they must drag it on out forever.

A good example of the opposite is Star Trek: The Next Generation. A lot of people think that was a perfect show. It ended at its ratings' all-time-high.

Many thought that cancelling such a popular show was a very dumb idea. But look at how TNG is revered amongst Trek fans (I personally favor DS9, but that's not the most common position). In any event, the TNG series is the most-wanted for syndicated re-runs and enjoys high volumes of DVD sales I imagine (surely better than some of the other Star Treks).

Star Wars is (should be) only 6 movies. People watch them over and over again. If Terminator (TV series) stays short, sweet, and consequently - the best quality - we will miss it, but love the re-runs. Besides, how will Cameron "not ever age?" I know in Trek, they said that aging was part of Data's programming, but of what use would that be for a Terminator? She's a "long duration infiltration model?" Yeah, there's only so much bull the audience will buy.

Isn't Sarah supposed to die from Leukemia anyway? She'll have to be running out of time, too.

Then the show will be re-named Terminator: The Sarah Connor Obituaries.

But don't worry: SkyNet is only supposed to blow up the world in 2011.

Kidhuman
09-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I also thought it was a nice homage when the Terminator told Sarah "Call to him" from T-2.

OC47150
09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Boy, the Conners got more banged up in 40 minutes than some characters do during a whole season!

Good Cameron/bad Cameron. Guess we'll be wondering all season long.

And Shirley Mason transforming from the urnial! WOW!!!!!

Tycho
09-09-2008, 08:52 PM
If only that guy whipped it out a little faster, hehe.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Boy, the Conners got more banged up in 40 minutes than some characters do during a whole season!

Good Cameron/bad Cameron. Guess we'll be wondering all season long.

And Shirley Mason transforming from the urnial! WOW!!!!!Good episode indeed. I didn't realize the lady from that Trash band was going to be in the show.

jedibear
09-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Wow. I'll have to watch it again this weekend because I was NOT impressed.
Garbage lady is a TERRIBLE actress. I did NOT like the shark-jumping line of Cameron saying "I love you John"...ugh. And poor John...he's so upset he's got to....lock himself in the bathroom and (wait for it)...cut his hair? I don't know...I really liked last season a lot...they put out some cool ideas that I hope get pursued this season, instead of offering even more unresolved plots and even more characters.

And I hope they don't start overusing the whole "homage" approach. An occasional line or visual cue is one thing once and a while, but this episode had too much of that...if I want to see or hear T2 again, I'll just watch that...

It was just the first episode of the season so....I'll watch it again and keep tuning in. I just hope this show doesn't fly off the rails like "Heroes" did last year....but time will tell.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Wow. I'll have to watch it again this weekend because I was NOT impressed.
Garbage lady is a TERRIBLE actress. I did NOT like the shark-jumping line of Cameron saying "I love you John"...ugh. And poor John...he's so upset he's got to....lock himself in the bathroom and (wait for it)...cut his hair? I don't know...I really liked last season a lot...they put out some cool ideas that I hope get pursued this season, instead of offering even more unresolved plots and even more characters.

And I hope they don't start overusing the whole "homage" approach. An occasional line or visual cue is one thing once and a while, but this episode had too much of that...if I want to see or hear T2 again, I'll just watch that...

It was just the first episode of the season so....I'll watch it again and keep tuning in. I just hope this show doesn't fly off the rails like "Heroes" did last year....but time will tell.I thought Garbage lady was fine. What was wrong with the "I love you John" line? It sounded like the machine's attempt to pull at his emotions, and it certainly messed with his mind. Also, what is the problem with him cutting his hair? I don't really understand why he did it, but it didn't detract from the show.

Of course, I am one of the few that didn't have any issues with Heroes last year either.

Tycho
09-16-2008, 12:05 AM
So I don't think John "did that girl." He brought her up to his room. She stayed the night. And she played with Lego?

She wasn't very hot in my opinion, btw. But then again, I guess she wasn't supposed to be. But man, he's gotta find out what else Cameron can do with her programming! She was so hot in that pool hall scene!

OK, Charlie owned(?) a house and now he's just leaving? Like you can get out of a house that easily these days.

I'm glad to see he's still going to be on the show. It looks like the Cromarte Terminator kidnaps his wife from the previews next week.

Does Sarah have a dialysis access that she had added to her arm? I see those all too often these days (didn't go that route for treatments myself - fortunately). But I don't understand what she'd need one for. Cancer is treated differently. And it's not like she could keep up a regular dialysis schedule and the treatment records that are needed with it if she is living on the run. Then again, I suppose Cameron can forge for her any identity and hack into any system to record her medical information under a new name. Pretty good healthcare plan, actually.

OK, so the actual plan by Skynet was to create itself out of nuclear reactor monitoring software? That way it might actually be installed when the Resistance fighters take over the plant in the future. There might be no way to know Skynet's going to be in their systems, spying on them - let alone creating itself there, versus in the military software, as it was in T3.

Theoretically, can't Skynet just send any Terminator back through time and create itself via download? Thus the only way to totally prevent judgement day would be to get all humanity to stop using computers and intelligent machines. It's a war that I don't think Sarah could ever win.

OC47150
09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Did the girl remind you a little of Claire from Lost?

It was an okay episode. It was organized odd, IMO. Finding the new house and new temp jobs so quickly.

Sarah's cancer will come up from time to time, I believe.

I do like Lena Headley. She shows strength and vulnerability at the same time.

Kidhuman
09-16-2008, 10:03 PM
I wonder if Riley was the red head Terminator.

Tycho
09-16-2008, 10:28 PM
I wonder if Riley was the red head Terminator.

No way. You really think she could be? I think she would have tried to kill John then - unless Skynet needs him alive to do something first...

The Termamatrix could kill Riley and replace her at some point, though. That would be tragic and jerk at our heartstrings. But I don't think it will happen for a while.

Lord Malakite
09-16-2008, 11:43 PM
So did I miss anything worthwhile from this week's episode? Crappy Ike (or what was left of it anyway) knocked out power through a good portion of Ohio. So I've been in the dark since Sunday afternoon till about 3 PM Tuesday.

Qui-Long Gone
09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
I thought there was a nice use of the liquid terminatrix showing up in the end.

It was sort of a slow episode. Who was that guy who showed up from the future, wounded?

I hope Cameron is evil, I hate good guy terminators.....

I think John's new girlfriend is also evil. Sometime stuff like that gets really predictable on TV.

Tycho
09-20-2008, 02:35 AM
So did I miss anything worthwhile from this week's episode?

Cameron wore a short skirt and a revealing top. :love:

I don't remember what else happened before or after that. j/k

Devo
09-20-2008, 01:52 PM
I know in Trek, they said that aging was part of Data's programming, but of what use would that be for a Terminator? She's a "long duration infiltration model?" Yeah, there's only so much bull the audience will buy.

I didn't know that about Data. I assumed we were just supposed to pretend he looked the same in Star Trek Nemesis as he did in the first episode of TNG - like the main vampires in Buffy and Angel.

But y'know your 'long duration infiltration model' isn't what I'd call bull. One of my made-up theories about how T3 Arnold quite obviously looks older than T1 Arnold is that the T3 one hadn't been "refreshed" and "rejuvenated" with new living tissue - and that the flesh used on Terminators actually does age. I think its perfectly plausible - unfortunately T3 didn't address it at all - ie. we the audience were supposed to pretend along with Nick Stahl that he looked exactly the same. This needn't have been the case, I think the idea of ageing Terminator skin is perfectly acceptable.

sith_killer_99
09-21-2008, 10:58 AM
So I don't think John "did that girl." He brought her up to his room. She stayed the night. And she played with Lego?

She wasn't very hot in my opinion, btw. But then again, I guess she wasn't supposed to be.

She's not "hot" in the traditional sense. She had the whole "bohemian" angle going for her which is always very sexy.

OK, so the actual plan by Skynet was to create itself out of nuclear reactor monitoring software? That way it might actually be installed when the Resistance fighters take over the plant in the future. There might be no way to know Skynet's going to be in their systems, spying on them - let alone creating itself there, versus in the military software, as it was in T3.

Theoretically, can't Skynet just send any Terminator back through time and create itself via download? Thus the only way to totally prevent judgement day would be to get all humanity to stop using computers and intelligent machines. It's a war that I don't think Sarah could ever win.

It's not that simple. In many cases it would be like trying to load OS X on a PC or Windows Vista on a PC from 1995...not gonna happen, too many compatibility issues. Any computer with the ability to become self-aware would have to have the "minimum system requirements". Hence the issue we saw with the Terminator chip from T2. Dyson declared it was more advance than anything he had ever seen.

Theoretically there are computers in existence today (post 1997 original Judgement Day) capable of handling such programing, but the theme seems to be that anything capable of processing that much data requires networked computer systems (more processing capability) as opposed to stand alone computers.

The TURK was supposed to represent the first stand alone computer with the ability to begin the process of self-awareness, but even that represented only a baby step.

Tycho
09-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Interesting stuff about computers, Sith_Killer.

She's not "hot" in the traditional sense. She had the whole "bohemian" angle going for her which is always very sexy.

In your opinion, but not mine. :yes:

I'm only usually about the Victoria's Secrets catalog women - and I'm just not that forgiving.

sith_killer_99
09-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Another good episode. I can't believe they killed Penny Widmore...I mean Michelle Dixon, after all of that, she died?!?!

Anyway, the preview seemed much more exciting than most of this episode. What's up with Cameron?!?!?

I guess we'll all have to tune in next week to find out.

I suspect it has to do with her connection to John...in a BIG way. I also suspect it has to do with her declaration of love and her seemingly jealous nature towards females and John's behavior and actions around this new girl.

Off the top of my head I would guess that Skynet was experimenting with some kind of new programing that would allow Terminators to emulate true emotions. That would make for a much better Terminator in terms of mission accomplishment, but it may also raise other issues.

In the Terminator story there has always been this underlying current of "how far can the envelope be pushed?" "can a machine have a soul?" "can they ever be true life forms?" etc. Arnie in T2 "I know now why you cry, that is something I can never do."

Maybe Cameron was the next step in the machine evolution.

Anyway, I guess we will see.

Who knows I could just be full of shi!.

Tycho
09-23-2008, 01:27 AM
I loved the show tonight. Michelle Dixon was never an important character in the show really, but her death was keenly felt. Nice job on the writing, directing, and acting.

Derek Reese is my favorite character. How about you guys? That guy is just cool. Makes you think how awesome Kyle would've been had he lived. Kyle was very cool, too.

Cromarte is really sharp - and viciously creative. I wonder what he will come up next. And it seems like the Termamatrix wants to use Agent Ellison to track Cromarte down. Did I get that right? Now the question is "why?"

Kidhuman
09-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Not sure if she meant Cromarte or Cameron, she just said find another one.

sith_killer_99
09-23-2008, 07:56 AM
Not sure if she meant Cromarte or Cameron

I got the feeling she was talking about Cromarte, it seemed to make the most sense, considering agent Ellison knows Cromarte. I don't think he would move against the Connor's or Cameron. Why, does indeed seem to be the big question here.

Derek is a great character, but Cromarte is becoming my favorite character in the show. It's close.

Cameron is also an excellent character, I can't wait to see the back story!:thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
09-23-2008, 09:29 AM
I liked the episode, but I couldn't buy into them saving Dixon....I mean, why? Why risk John's life to save her, especially knowing that Cromarte is out there still? It just does make sense to sacrifice the hero of the future, no matter the cause.....I doubt the Linda Hamilton Sarah Connor of T2 would have done that.....

I love that a terminator has a name, Cromarte.

How hilarious was that Beast Master spoof they kept showing of Cromarte? :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
09-23-2008, 08:39 PM
How hilarious was that Beast Master spoof they kept showing of Cromarte?

Pretty freakin' hilarious. I wonder how Mark Singer took it?

Kidhuman
09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Actually, that guy isnt Cromarte, the teacher from the first epsiode overall was Cromarte, they just keep calling him that.

Tycho
09-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Well, it's the same Terminator or T-888, but now he looks like Lasreau (spelling). Yeah, at first he was Cromarte, so the Connors just call him that. They've never heard of Lasreau before (until John caught that newscast about all the FBI guys being killed in the raid). Ellison knows Cromarte as Lasreau: "I need reconstructive surgery." LOL. This show is great!

Qui-Long Gone
09-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I guess now we can call him the Beast Master? :D

OC47150
09-25-2008, 10:34 AM
How hilarious was that Beast Master spoof they kept showing of Cromarte? :thumbsup:

Tycho's right: Michelle wasn't an important character. Charlie has more history with the Connors than her. Her death will make Charlie stay in the storyline a little longer.

Derek was running around with an M-79 grenade launcher. That was cool but not effective. You need XX amount of yardage before the grenade becomes active and he didn't have that in the building.

Kidhuman
09-25-2008, 08:29 PM
I just noticed tonight while my kid was watching season 1 of Heroes that John was in it. He played Claires friend Zack who was taping her.

Qui-Long Gone
09-26-2008, 01:37 PM
I just noticed tonight while my kid was watching season 1 of Heroes that John was in it. He played Claires friend Zack who was taping her.

I noticed that too....maybe the Heroes can come save the Connors from the future, although Hiro or Peter would probably screw it up!

**I thought you said tapping her! :D:D:D:D

OC47150
09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Good episode. It was different yet interesting to see Cameron's background. I could go for more episodes like that.

A Derek-free episode, too.

Devo
09-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Everyone, looks like its gonna be cancelled. Something about it dragging down the numbers tuning in to prison break and audiences not connecting with it, notably in the age bracket they were aiming it at.

OC47150
09-30-2008, 07:33 PM
I, too, read that. There was an article (a brief one) in the current Entertainment Weekly. Thomas Dekker (John) hopes they can make it through football season, when Monday Night Football is over. He thinks part of their audience is watching football.

Devo
09-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Well if theres already been a printed article that may explain why a guy in another forum called me a retard, albeit not excusing it.

OC47150
09-30-2008, 08:11 PM
It was in the Q&A section of Entertainment Weekly, maybe three graphs at the most.

tagmac
09-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Here's a possibility I was thinking of, regarding John's new girlfriend (who was sadly MIA from the last episode). While some have speculated that she's a Terminator, I'm thinking she could very well be another resistance fighter from the future sent back to keep an eye on John as well. It would certainly lend credence to the looks that Cameron was giving her.

Tycho
09-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Uggh. I don't want this show cancelled!

Why don't they move it to another night or timeslot before they cancel it?

Remember how a letter-writing campaign saved Star Trek? Maybe it's time to start The Resistance!

Devo
09-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Yeah. At least get a few TV movies out of it so things don't have to be rushed to a conclusion. I'm thinking Farscape and Firefly, 2 shows killed before their time that at least had some chance to not be over so abruptly with tv movies for the former and a film for the latter.

I just don't understand why there isn't an audience for SCC - yet there was for Stargate. Terminator is and was a more well known classic film series yet a show based on a one-off decent film runs for 10years and gets what, 2 spin-offs?

Tycho
10-01-2008, 01:10 AM
It would be stupid to cancel this show with the T4 movie coming out.

You know that will just further stoke the fires of fandom and drive viewership on as more and more people want more and more Terminator.

Is SkyNet computing any of this? I have no doubt it's smarter than FOX.

Kidhuman
10-01-2008, 06:05 AM
Well, baseball playoffs are coming up the next few weeks, should go through mid October to Novemeber. Then its only 6 weeks until the end of football, but shows go into repeats then and American Idol will start coming on. The show will be saved.

Blue2th
10-01-2008, 08:41 AM
If they are gonna cancel anything it should be Prison Break.
I watch Sara Connor Chronicles, then I flip over to NBC and watch Heroes. That's a no-brainer for me.
Prison Break doesn't have a chance against Heroes, and the story line is running out of good ideas.

It would be hard for any show to compete against Monday Night Football. It's simply unfair to give a show bad ratings when up against that. If anything both SCC and Heroes could be moved to another night.

Tycho
10-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Prison Break should have been a 1-2 season show regarding the breakout from ONE prison and that should have been it.

I saw an episode here and there, but was recovering from my hospital ordeal and didn't get hooked on any new programs really, as I had to sleep.

But what I saw would have been great for a mini-series.

Having the characters be repeatedly incarcerated everywhere else in the world and then be on some mission to break out of the next jail really struck me as improbable and ridiculous.

Sarah Connor Chronicles could have a 6 year run, based on Sarah's original life expectancy and John's age. (T2 supposedly took place in 1991 or 1992, and Sarah was supposed to die from leukemia in 1997. I know Cameron took them on a time jump to 2007, so Sarah would conceivably live until 2013. John was 13 in T2 and maybe 19 or 20 in T3 - which I know doesn't "count" now because of Cameron. However, going this route, with a 6 year run for the show, fits the lives of John and Sarah in between other Terminator installments quite perfectly, no matter what movies you count as 'cannon' etc. Pretty brilliant creative decision to begin with if you ask me.)

Oh, and then Christian Bale as John Connor will fight the Future War as he is maybe 10 years after T3, with Bale being in his early 30's I think (if he's older, he'll logically look so as the result of nuclear fall-out, hehe).

Hey, on SCC, John should dress up as Batman for Halloween. :lipsrsealed:

- Just an inside joke. But I'm serious in that it would be funny for the comic book fans.

Qui-Long Gone
10-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Leave it to Fox to find an excuse for killing a good show. Can't they just send it to Sci-Fi for adoption? What a cruel parent Fox would be....

Darth Metalmute
10-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Don't forget, that this is the same network, FOX, that cancelled Reunion with no muderer revealed as well as cancelling Fastlane with Tiffani Thiessen being drugged up by her captor. I won't put any fast/harsh moves behind them.

DarkArtist
10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
love this show. Summer Glau is Hot.

DarkArtist
10-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Everyone, looks like its gonna be cancelled. Something about it dragging down the numbers tuning in to prison break and audiences not connecting with it, notably in the age bracket they were aiming it at.

oh i so hope this is a misprint. i would be bummed if the show is cancelled

OC47150
10-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Rating issues are affecting a lot of Monday-night shows.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/081001c.php

I hope Terminator does stay, but everyone knows Fox's past record.

And I liked Fast Lane, too.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Rating issues are affecting a lot of Monday-night shows.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/081001c.php

I hope Terminator does stay, but everyone knows Fox's past record.

And I liked Fast Lane, too.I had no interest in Fast Lane and was upset when they cancelled Firefly and put Fast Lane in its place. I also stopped watching G4TV for a while because whenever I turned it on it was either Fast Lane, Cops or The Man Show.

Monday is a busy TV night for me. I watched Chuck and Heroes and recorded Prison Break and Terminator. I'll probably check out My Own Worst Enemy when it premieres as well.

Having the characters be repeatedly incarcerated everywhere else in the world and then be on some mission to break out of the next jail really struck me as improbable and ridiculous.Actually, the whole thing has been manipulated by The Company. The first season was breaking out. The second season they were on the run. The third season they were stuck in a prison in Panama, but it had something to do with an inmate the Company was interested in. Now they are working to try and take down the Company. I think that they should probably try and wrap that up in this season or the next and then call it quits.

Tycho
10-03-2008, 03:15 AM
Ah, but The Company is trying to capture an alien to use in its bio-weapons experiments and they have a lead that's locating one on the prison planet Fury 157. This time it must not escape! Classified information also suggests that Flight Officer Lt. Hellen Ripley could possibly be impregnated with a Queen!

I see there being possibilities for Prison Break to have another season...

Or am I getting confused? :crazed:

Lord Malakite
10-03-2008, 04:21 AM
Looks like Skynet has won (http://www.endofshow.com/2008/10/02/exclusive-terminator-gets-yes-terminated/).

A source on “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles” has told End Of Show that no new episode scripts have been ordered by FOX, beyond the 13 already written. This will force the show to shut down production shortly. ”To say we’re on the brink of cancellation is polite”, our source says.

Normally, when a show shuts production it is not announced to the media — an example is 2007’s FOX series “Drive”, which closed production 2 days after the first episode aired but was not announced in Variety for a further 9 days as cancelled.

This is because a network doesn’t want an audience to turn off whilst the remaining episodes are aired. In the end, Fox opted not to air several produced episodes of “Drive”, replacing it with House repeats. (Which rated higher). The episodes eventually aired online via FOX’s Myspace portal.

Our source tells us the cast contracts expire in short order, which means producing a 13 episode series this year and then returning next Fall is not an option due to the cost of renewing the cast and not producing episodes. Additionally, it does not make finance sense to return when a series is averaging just over 5 million viewers.

T:SCC premiered January of this year with 18.6 million viewers — which set a record for FOX at the time — and promptly fell to an average of 11.4 million for the series. Monday’s episode clocked just 5.53 million viewers, putting the show in absolute freefall, with just 5% of the 18-49 demographic. “Audiences just aren’t responding to the show,” a Fox source tells SyFy Portal. “Our biggest surprise are the 18-to-49s [a key advertising demographic], those numbers are in the toilet.”

The ratings now fall in line with FOX’s “Drive”, which as mentioned ceased production almost immediately and stopped airing shortly after. T:SCC is a fairly expensive show to produce, and additionally wasn’t produced with sister studio 20th Century Fox.

The show had significant marketing weight thrown behind it in January, using the budget allocated for “24″ (which was pushed back a year) for a widespread marketing campaign.

Taking over the timeslot from January, FOX have penciled in Joss Whedon’s upcoming drama “Dollhouse“.

The resistence has not given up all hope in the fight to save man from extinction though. They wish to pull a Jericho on the machines in charge of Fox with one last desperation move: Operation Pancake Mix (http://cameronandjohn.com/2008/09/19/operation-pancake-mix/).

Tycho
10-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Summer Glau is so beautiful. What will I do if I can't watch her every week?

Mad Slanted Powers
10-03-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm interested in watching Dollhouse, but I doubt it will fair any better in that time slot. I read that they have reworked that series already.

Blue2th
10-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Ah, but The Company is trying to capture an alien to use in its bio-weapons experiments and they have a lead that's locating one on the prison planet Fury 157. This time it must not escape! Classified information also suggests that Flight Officer Lt. Hellen Ripley could possibly be impregnated with a Queen!

I see there being possibilities for Prison Break to have another season...

Or am I getting confused? :crazed:

Where ever there is a prison break needed, we send in our prison break specialists. :rolleyes:

Tycho
10-04-2008, 02:41 AM
From the original Prison Break: :cool:

"The droids belong to her. She's the one in the message. We got to help her!"

"The old man said to wait right here."

"But he didn't know she was here. Look: if we can just find a way into that DETENTION BLOCK..."

"I'm not going anywhere!"

"But they're going to kill her!"

"Better her than me!"

"She's rich."

"Rich?"

"Rich. Powerful. Look: if you could rescue her the reward would be more wealth than you could imagine!"

Phantom-like Menace
10-04-2008, 08:56 AM
I really don't want to see this show go. I've tuned in every week and have enjoyed it quite a bit. In fact, I swore off any FOX show other than Family Guy, because I deplore how that network treats shows I like, but Terminator made me make an exception. Ironic that I'll get stung again when they cancel it.

I've liked Summer Glau since Firefly, and I'm trying to make the case that it's okay to watch another show on FOX since I'm supporting a Firefly alum.

Monday nights for me are really bad for trying to watch things. I've got The Big Band Theory and How I Met Your Mother on CBS, Heroes and Chuck on NBC (I was watching Life Mondays, but they moved it), and Terminator on FOX. My dad's watching Monday night football, and everyone else also watches Dancing With the Stars.

In comparison, for the entire rest of the week, I'll watch Pushing Daisies on Wednesday, Life, Stargate: Atlantis, and Clone Wars on Friday, and USA's Burn Notice on Thursdays.

It always seems markedly asinine to decide within three episodes to cancel something. What in the hell is the logic there? It always seems like you just put out the initial investment and just flush that straight down the toilet.

Lord Malakite
10-06-2008, 03:25 AM
Monday nights for me are really bad for trying to watch things. I've got The Big Band Theory and How I Met Your Mother on CBS, Heroes and Chuck on NBC (I was watching Life Mondays, but they moved it), and Terminator on FOX. My dad's watching Monday night football, and everyone else also watches Dancing With the Stars.

In comparison, for the entire rest of the week, I'll watch Pushing Daisies on Wednesday, Life, Stargate: Atlantis, and Clone Wars on Friday, and USA's Burn Notice on Thursdays.

I'll agree with that statement. Mondays I have to contend with Terminator, Heroes, Prison Break, CSI: Miami and Boston Legal. If I had cable I'd also have to contend with Power Rangers on that day.

Thursdays are also kind of bad. Survivor, CSI, Supernatural and ER.

Sunday I have syndicated Stargate: Atlantis in the early afternoon and later at night Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy and American Dad, but that is hardly an issue as they are all Fox.

Rest of the week is relatively quiet though. Tuesday Fringe and maybe NOVA/NOVA Science Now. Wednesday CSI: NY and maybe Secrets of the Dead. Friday nothing (though I'm certain Stargate: Atlantis and Clone Wars would be on there if I had cable). Saturday morning Power Rangers (on about a 5 to 7 week delay from their "new/debut episode" cable airings) and Ninja Turtles.

Blue2th
10-06-2008, 07:06 AM
I'll agree with that statement. Mondays I have to contend with Terminator, Heroes, Prison Break, CSI: Miami and Boston Legal. If I had cable I'd also have to contend with Power Rangers on that day.

Thursdays are also kind of bad. Survivor, CSI, Supernatural and ER.

Sunday I have syndicated Stargate: Atlantis in the early afternoon and later at night Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy and American Dad, but that is hardly an issue as they are all Fox.

Rest of the week is relatively quiet though. Tuesday Fringe and maybe NOVA/NOVA Science Now. Wednesday CSI: NY and maybe Secrets of the Dead. Friday nothing (though I'm certain Stargate: Atlantis and Clone Wars would be on there if I had cable). Saturday morning Power Rangers (on about a 5 to 7 week delay from their "new/debut episode" cable airings) and Ninja Turtles.
That's still a lot, and you don't even have cable. Well, I don't either. The relatives sit on their a*ses and get lazy, don't do anything, not paying for it so I shut it off (the TV part)
There's plenty of shows on network TV to watch though without it.
There's lots of shows I would like to see on cable, especially Clone Wars, Top Chef, and re-runs of Star Trek, Science and History etc., but nobody around here likes what I like anyways, so f*ck it. If I miss a show now I catch it on the web a week later.

Sundays:
Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad, sometimes Nova reruns if I miss it.
Mondays:
Sara Connor Chronicles, Heroes
Tuesday: Fringe, Nova (if I'm not rehearsing with my band)
Thursday: CSI

Tycho
10-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Wow. That's a lot of TV guys. I have 5 shows in the entire week, and I think that's a huge amount of TV for me. I used to have only 3.

Now it's:

Mon - Terminator
Tue - The Shield
Wed - Sons of Anarchy
Thu - Smallville
Fri - Clone Wars

Though I also watch some CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News to compare each channel's propoganda, and C-SPAN to see my government actually work (or not).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2008, 09:55 AM
well, time to delete my series recording i have on my DVR as there isn't much reason to watch it anymore. Stupid Fox. :upset:

Tycho
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't give up on it now. Also: the more we all support it while it's still on the air, isn't there the greater chance they might still run with it?

Lord Malakite
10-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow. That's a lot of TV guys. I have 5 shows in the entire week, and I think that's a huge amount of TV for me. I used to have only 3.

Now it's:

Mon - Terminator
Tue - The Shield
Wed - Sons of Anarchy
Thu - Smallville
Fri - Clone Wars

That is another show I'd probably watch if I had cable, The Shield. Yeah, it is kind of a lot in total, but spread out over the week it doesn't really seem like it is that much. It comes out to be about 2 and a half hours a day. That really isn't all that much considering, aside from maybe Jeopardy, I don't watch anything else in the general sense (game shows, news, talk shows, Soaps, etc.) but those specific shows on my list. I also watch LOST, but by the time it starts up the other shows on my list are done (or close to being done) for the season.

And that list is about to get much smaller soon. This is Stargate: Atlantis, ER and Boston Legal's last season, so after this season I'll be done with ER and Boston Legal (and next season I'll be done with Atlantis since syndicated episodes are one season behind the current cable season). I also think they confirmed that this is King of the Hill's last season (so thats another show gone). If they indeed cancel Terminator that will be another show. And of course this is The Shield's last season (so if I could watch that show) that would be another one to cross off. And LOST only has two more seasons and it'll be done.

That leaves Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Heroes, Prison Break, Supernatural, Fringe, Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles as definates. And NOVA/NOVA Science Now and Secrets of the Dead as possibilities. So that is 11 and a half hours total, which works out to be just a little over an hour and a half a day. :D

I wouldn't give up on it now. Also: the more we all support it while it's still on the air, isn't there the greater chance they might still run with it?
Anything is possible I suppose. No one thought they would bring back Jericho after its first cancellation and they did. Then you have the Family Guy thing where they were off the air for 2 or 3 seasons before they came back. Probably not likely, but who knows.

sith_killer_99
10-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Hmmm.....I can't even keep up, but here is a general idea.

Monday - Terminator, Heroes, Chuck (just staring this series), and looking into Life, Torchwood
Tuesday - Fringe, The Shield
Wednesday - Bones
Thursday - The Office, Smallville, Supernatural
Friday - Sanctuary, Clone Wars, Stargate Atlantis
Saturday - Catch up
Sunday - Dexter, Californication, True Blood

It's gotten a little out of control.;):twisted:

I also enjoy CSI (multi-flavor), Weeds, BBC America (Dr. Who, Sarah Jane, Torchwood, Life on Mars...looking into Eleventh Hour), Mythbusters, Miami Ink, LA Ink, and misc. science/history/conspiracy (debunking) shows.

MIA, looking forward to their returns:

Battlestar Galactica
LOST
Burn Notice

Tycho
10-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Terminator was awesome tonight with a showdown with a T-888 at a military academy right by where I live. (I don't think that place exists or I would have heard of it - they probably shot that show at Camp Pendleton (Marine Corps). It looked like it.

Anyway, there was a lot to do for Derek Reese - my favorite character. And John was way cool in this show and I could see him becoming the man he's foretold to be. The other kid (in the Academy) was very cool, too.

Sarah reading The Wizard of Oz against the killing field backdrop was disturbing while very creative. Kudos to the writers!

OC47150
10-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I do enjoy it when the show depicts the future.

I was wondering, since last night's show was a big commerical for Dodge, do the Connors steal a vehicle whenever they need one? No one works to afford the payments on the big Ram truck.

Ando
10-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Terminator was awesome tonight with a showdown with a T-888 at a military academy... Sarah reading The Wizard of Oz against the killing field backdrop was disturbing while very creative. Kudos to the writers!

Tycho, did you catch the connection with John and Derek's fake last name, "Baum".

L. Frank Baum wrote "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz".

Tycho
10-07-2008, 01:08 PM
If I wasn't mistaken, Paul BAUM was the lead character in "All Quiet on the Western Front," a WWI story about the horrors of warfare.

That's what I was thinking. I didn't know that a Baum wrote TWoO.

And I don't think the Connors have to steal trucks or anything. Cameron can hack into any bank and create an account and credit history for any ficticious name they want: Baum, etc. Plus Sarah knew folks like Enirque who could create false identities for her as well.

I'd say Cameron is best at it though.

Phantom-like Menace
10-08-2008, 01:07 AM
I enjoyed this week's episode quite a bit. Too little of Cameron in it, though. I flashed to games of Halo when Reese shot the T-888 in the head at close range with the sniper rifle: "Dude, he totally no-scoped him!" I knew we would find out Bedel died in the future, but I was waiting for Reese to tell John that he was the guy who got his stomach blasted open and was carried to the aid station by John's father.

This is Stargate: Atlantis, ER and Boston Legal's last season

I didn't know Atlantis was on its way out. I'm not overly surprised. I've only watched the Stargate programs out of habit ever since Richard Dean Anderson left the show. Atlantis has been coasting more or less for the last couple of seasons, and I've never really gotten on board with the Wraith. Actually, I missed a great deal of the episodes between Weir and Carter as expedition lead and I really can't say I'm too upset.

jonthejedi
10-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Another really good, solidly written episode(one of my favorites of season 2). I love the Future War stuff, so keep it coming! TV Guide claims this week the ratings are really slipping since season 1. The fate of T:SCC doesn't look promising.

Lord Malakite
10-08-2008, 11:54 PM
I didn't know Atlantis was on its way out. I'm not overly surprised. I've only watched the Stargate programs out of habit ever since Richard Dean Anderson left the show. Atlantis has been coasting more or less for the last couple of seasons, and I've never really gotten on board with the Wraith. Actually, I missed a great deal of the episodes between Weir and Carter as expedition lead and I really can't say I'm too upset.
Yeah, they announced it just a few weeks back that this would be Atlantis' last season. This won't be the end of the Stargate saga though. The following day after announcing that Atlantis would be cancelled after this season is done they announced that a new Stargate show is already in the works for next year: Stargate Universe. They also made it clear that were already in the planning stages of continuing (and hopefully concluding the major storylines) of Atlantis in "direct to DVD" movies like they did with SG-1.

Tycho
10-09-2008, 12:17 AM
My brother pointed out some things about T:TSCC.

It debuted in the spring of '08 with barely any competition due to the writers' strike. It was new and of course a smash hit - as it should be. But it really had no competition.

It is a show for men ages 18-49 or so - a major TV demographic.

Men ages 18-49 are strongly inclined to watch NFL.

On Monday nights in the FALL, T:TSCC goes up directly against Monday Night Football.

Maybe a majority does NOT have a DVR - or maybe it only counts if people watch the show live so they can see all the truck commercials. The ads support the show.

But if they kept the show on during the SPRING, or even decided to run the show ONLY in the SPRING, maybe they'd have a much different viewership response.

The show is QUALITY. No one here or on any other boards I've seen is disputing that.

So FOX is idiotic if they don't change the viewing night or even the viewing season (if they want to keep it on Mondays).

They should never scrap this show!

stillakid
10-09-2008, 02:19 AM
The show is QUALITY. No one here or on any other boards I've seen is disputing that.

Uh, I did. I was out after episode 2 or 3, I think it was. I gave them a fair chance, but when that Terminator went looking for his own head, I was out. Stupid lame nonsense.

RooJay
10-09-2008, 02:42 AM
Weird, I could have sworn I'd got in on this thread at the beginning and actually came here looking for a reason why no one seemed to be talking about it! I absolutely love this show, and am actually quite bummed that it seems to be struggling in the ratings right now. It really does seem to get better and better with every episode, and I thought it started out really strong! Of course, we all know how much Fox hates good shows! Tis one was doomed from the start I imagine.

If I wasn't mistaken, Paul BAUM was the lead character in "All Quiet on the Western Front," a WWI story about the horrors of warfare.

That's what I was thinking. I didn't know that a Baum wrote TWoO.

And I don't think the Connors have to steal trucks or anything. Cameron can hack into any bank and create an account and credit history for any ficticious name they want: Baum, etc. Plus Sarah knew folks like Enirque who could create false identities for her as well.

I'd say Cameron is best at it though.

So you only think they're stealing money, and just buy their vehicles with stolen cash? I'd just always assumed that they have plenty of those diamonds tucked away from last season.

Qui-Long Gone
10-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Stupid lame nonsense.

The fact that there's an unstoppable machine sent from the future looking to kill a boy who will bring down Skynet...

or that the same machine was so unstoppable, it could even function without a head? :D

*Your comment reminded me of the time I saw the Two Towers with my in-laws and they told me that the film was believable up until trees started attacking Isengard! lol I guess for them the dwarves and hobbits and goblins and levitating flaming eye were realistic enough, but not talking shrubbery!

Tycho
10-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Uh, I did. I was out after episode 2 or 3, I think it was. I gave them a fair chance, but when that Terminator went looking for his own head, I was out. Stupid lame nonsense.

That was funny to me actually. It begs the question of whether a Terminator has 2 CPUs (or 3 really). Cameron seemed to indicate there is a backup in the skull (2 CPUs) and then I guess there's another in the chest (the 3rd). In ROTS, Grievous' bodyguards must have had at least 2 (1 in the chest) as when Obi-Wan sliced that Magnadroid's head off, (on the Invisible Hand), it still came after him (without its head).

Now this speculation doesn't prove much except that Obi-Wan Kenobi is a far more capable warrior than either Connor or Derek Reese, but the Force is Kenobi's ally. Uh-huh!

Also, when the Terminator got its skin back and changed his appearance from Cromarte to Lazreau (spelling), it was all pretty much gross fun. "I need reconstructive surgery."

That was a classic moment in the show that wouldn't have been possible without the Cromarte Terminator being able to function without a head.

So, some people can gripe about that and change the channel. I am very glad to be able to watch, laugh, and smile along with it all. That's fulfilling and healthy. I wished Clone Wars could do that for me. But it's not. So that really illustrates the principle "to each, their own." For me, I love T:TSCC!

Lord Malakite
10-10-2008, 03:32 AM
A show status update from Fox's blog page (http://fox.com/blogs/terminator/2008/10/09/status-update/).

Because so many of you, our most devoted fans, have been asking, we wanted to set the record straight!

While the fate of the show past production on episode thirteen is still unclear, FOX has given us the go-ahead to write two more additional episodes for this season — fourteen and fifteen.

We are hard at work writing those episodes and await news of a potential pickup for the full “back nine” (additional episodes to complete the season) in the near future. We’re crossing our fingers (and dotting our i’s) that we’ll have more good news to share with you soon…

In the meantime, keep tuning in! Get your friends interested! And thanks for all of your support.

There was also a report that so many people were trying to watch Monday's episode online on Tuesday morning that it overloaded Fox's server.

Phantom-like Menace
10-10-2008, 06:39 AM
There was also a report that so many people were trying to watch Monday's episode online on Tuesday morning that it overloaded Fox's server.

Yeah, suck it FOX. Maybe I should start a computer trying to watch it on Tuesday morning but watch it in comfort on another computer on Hulu at a different time.

Tycho
10-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Maybe you should start a computer that will build machines to destroy stupid people at the FOX network. It would be appropriately named SuckNet.

Ando
10-10-2008, 09:42 AM
I hope T: TSCC doesn't join the list of great hows prematurely killed by Fox:

Arrested Development

Action

The Tick

Firefly

Blue2th
10-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Maybe you should start a computer that will build machines to destroy stupid people at the FOX network. It would be appropriately named SuckNet.
I would invest in that.:thumbsup:

The online server being overloaded on Tuesday just goes to show that T-SCC is competing with Monday Night Football.

RooJay
10-11-2008, 01:22 AM
I hope T: TSCC doesn't join the list of great hows prematurely killed by Fox:

Arrested Development

Action

The Tick

Firefly

You forgot about the most egregious of Fox's early cancellations (next to Arrested Development, that is) - FUTURAMA! It still boggles my mind that they eventually saw the error of their ways and actually brought back Family Guy, and yet they never bothered to try bringing back the better of the two!

Phantom-like Menace
10-11-2008, 02:06 AM

If SuckNet will build a Summer Glau robot for future me to reprogram and send back to present me (you know, to . . . protect me, yeah, that's the ticket), and it destroys FOX, I can only see this going very well.

stillakid
10-12-2008, 11:11 PM
The fact that there's an unstoppable machine sent from the future looking to kill a boy who will bring down Skynet...

or that the same machine was so unstoppable, it could even function without a head? :D

*Your comment reminded me of the time I saw the Two Towers with my in-laws and they told me that the film was believable up until trees started attacking Isengard! lol I guess for them the dwarves and hobbits and goblins and levitating flaming eye were realistic enough, but not talking shrubbery!

Well, look, in any story, there are certain "rules" established that the audience accepts or rejects from the outset. The Terminator rules were established very clearly by Cameron's Terminator and T2. T3 tossed out the careful continuity and the Sarah Connor Chronicles ignored everything.

So while I understand your sentiment above, my type of dissatisfaction is not without justification. Once we accept the rules of a story, the story and further stories have to adhere to those rules within that established universe. So, T1 established that a Terminator can be killed. It takes quite a lot, but it can be done by crushing it or dismembering it. T2 showed us that the CPU is in the head.

Sarah Connor Chronicles showed us a Terminator that was beheaded and then ripped a page from a dumb zombie movie by having the Terminator take a living human head as a disguise while it found it's own original head and put it back on.

Puh-lease. I'm in on the Terminator mythology, but zombie Terminators don't fly on any reasonable standard. And what's worse, they didn't have to go there.

sith_killer_99
10-13-2008, 01:38 AM
Sarah Connor Chronicles showed us a Terminator that was beheaded and then ripped a page from a dumb zombie movie by having the Terminator take a living human head as a disguise while it found it's own original head and put it back on.

Puh-lease. I'm in on the Terminator mythology, but zombie Terminators don't fly on any reasonable standard. And what's worse, they didn't have to go there.

I have to agree, that whole scenario bothered me. It was lazy writting, especially considering that they established in the show that other Terminators have been sent back in time. They should have just set up an encounter with a different Terminator.

However, despite the obvious glaring error, I still love the show, it has good special effects and they do a great job with character development.:thumbsup:

Tycho
10-13-2008, 02:30 AM
I think the writers found the zombie Terminator idea "fun."

I did as well. Remember that in T1 and T2, that was a T-800. Maybe T-888's have backup CPUs. It'd make sense - at least as an excuse to let the writers have "fun" with zombie Terminators if that's where they wanted to go.

sith_killer_99
10-13-2008, 02:50 AM
I did as well. Remember that in T1 and T2, that was a T-800. Maybe T-888's have backup CPUs. It'd make sense - at least as an excuse to let the writers have "fun" with zombie Terminators if that's where they wanted to go

It would except for one problem. The episode "Vic's chip" comes to mind. Cameron shut down "Vic" by removing his CPU, a single CPU located in his head, had there been a backup CPU Vic would have reactivated and tried to kill everyone. Vic was a T-888, just like Cromartie.

I even toyed with the idea that there was some kind of wireless transmitter and receiver system to explain the irregularity. This doesn't play either, the head had no power to transmit instructions to the body, the eyes were dark the head was shut down. Then you have the body running around without any sense to direction, yet moving perfectly. It just didn't make sense.:(

Lord Malakite
10-13-2008, 03:24 AM
Maybe T-888's have backup CPUs. It'd make sense - at least as an excuse to let the writers have "fun" with zombie Terminators if that's where they wanted to go.
I don't think T-888s have backup CPUs. If that were the case I'd doubt that removing their CPU chips from their heads as we have seen in the past would be as successful as it has been in stopping them.

I'd be more incline to believe that the T-888 has some sort of built-in temporary backup power source in the head (should said head become decapitated) & some sort of radio/Wi-Fi ability which allows the head to communicate/control the body wirelessly.

Phantom-like Menace
10-13-2008, 05:55 AM
Maybe it's just not a stock T-Triple Eight.

It just occurred to me that in expressing confusion as to why a network would cancel a show inside of three episodes (though in this case, if it gets canceled, they gave it far more than that), I'm ignoring the fact that a distressing number of people can watch, for example, the first three episodes of Clone Wars and decide it sucks so much they can't bring themselves to stay tuned. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on the networks.

Tycho
10-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Terminator is back on with a new episode next week. The ballgame broadcast interrupted the show's regular hour tonight. That was planned as they said it would be at the end of Terminator last week.

There is also a gilmmer of hope out there that the show is not cancelled. And of course it will perform much better when football season is over.

Blue2th
10-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Yay, next Monday, 'cause football, baseball, boooring Sidney.

sith_killer_99
10-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Monday night just wasn't the same.

This week really showed me how horrible it would be if they canceled this show.:cry:

Ando
10-14-2008, 11:11 AM
I missed seeing a new episode last night, too.

Monday's a big TV night in the Ando household. We have a DVR, so we record and watch most of our shows.

My wife and I watch Chuck & Terminator, and then when the Mrs. gets sleepy and goes to bed, I watch Heroes before I turn in.

Qui-Long Gone
10-14-2008, 03:38 PM
I missed seeing a new episode last night, too.

Monday's a big TV night in the Ando household. We have a DVR, so we record and watch most of our shows.

My wife and I watch Chuck & Terminator, and then when the Mrs. gets sleepy and goes to bed, I watch Heroes before I turn in.

Sounds like the Ano family and Long Gone family have similar schedules!

Mad Slanted Powers
10-14-2008, 06:49 PM
And now I have added My Own Worst Enemy to my Monday lineup of shows to watch.

sith_killer_99
10-14-2008, 08:54 PM
And now I have added My Own Worst Enemy to my Monday lineup of shows to watch.

Yep, I recorded it on my DVR and watched it late last night. Monday nights are getting tight. Luckily for me I have 2 DVR's capable of recording 2 channels each!:D

Kidhuman
10-14-2008, 09:20 PM
I also recorded My own worst enemy. Havent watched it yet though.

Lord Malakite
10-14-2008, 11:18 PM
That leaves Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Heroes, Prison Break, Supernatural, Fringe, Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles as definates. And NOVA/NOVA Science Now and Secrets of the Dead as possibilities. So that is 11 and a half hours total, which works out to be just a little over an hour and a half a day. :D
Well, it looks like I can cross off another one of those shows come next season Tycho. Its now being reported that aside from a "special" airing in Spring 2009 (to celebrate the 25th anniversary) that TMNT: Back to the Sewers will be the last season of Ninja Turtles. In addition, stores like Wal-Mart are going to no longer carry the Playmates TMNT toyline (and have already begun the purging process).

Lord Malakite
10-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Well, I got some good news (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=49837).

Sarah Connor Get a Full Season Order
Source: Variety October 19, 2008

Fox has just given a full-season order to "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," reports Variety. The cast and crew were informed of the decision late Friday.

Back-nine order was far from certain ad the show has been struggling in its Monday night timeslot. But "Sarah Connor" has developed a fan base and some positive critical attention along the way.

"Sarah Connor" was preempted last week due to baseball playoff coverage, but in its last airing, on Oct. 6, averaged a 2.3 rating and 6 share among adults 18-49, which was up slightly from the prior week.

The series stars Lena Headey, Thomas Dekker, Summer Glau, Brian Austin Green, Richard T. Jones, Garret Dillahunt, Leven Rambin and Shirley Manson.

Phantom-like Menace
10-21-2008, 01:59 PM
It's nice to see it get a reprieve. I enjoyed last nights well enough and am looking forward to more. Sweetness!

Tenric78
10-21-2008, 02:04 PM
This is good news. After they introduced the new chick last night, I turned to my buddy and said, "This series is going to get canceled with a ton of balls in the air and we're never going to get any resolution." So let's hope that some of this stuff gets resolved before the show is finally canceled. heh

Kidhuman
10-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Thats great. Tycho has something to look forward to while reouping.

Tycho
10-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Terminator's very important to me. Along with Star Wars, Star Trek, and Transformers, Terminator lies in the Top 4 "extreme-all-time" favorites of mine.

I basically mean the Terminator movies, but I've loved what they've done with this television show. It's very important that FOX continues it - especially due to the audience I anticipate it will pick up once Christian Bale's movie hits the screens next summer.

Tenric78
10-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I'm a big Terminator fan and any issues that I've had the show I've let go. I don't know why, but I'm much more forgiving when it comes to a TV series. I agree that if the show hangs on until the movie it might get a bigger audience because Terminator will be much more in the public consciousness again.

OC47150
11-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Cameron wanted her jacket back.

The Ellison doppelganger at the beginning threw me for a loop...and then it made sense. I knew the fake cop was Shirley Manson.

Phantom-like Menace
11-05-2008, 11:10 PM
The Ellison doppelganger at the beginning threw me for a loop...and then it made sense. I knew the fake cop was Shirley Manson.

I'm going to have to watch it again, but I'm still not sure what's going on there.

Tycho
11-06-2008, 04:58 AM
I was surprised when Cameron shot the guys in the bowling alley. I like the show staying edgy like that.

The person in the bathroom that Sarah found: I guess that was a guy? He seemed very effeminate or at least having a strange, high voice. He was a different bit of casting.

That was tense when the Lavreau (first Cromarte) Terminator came into John's home.

Why again are the Connors living in Los Angeles? To fight? Right? I guess that's John's doing, because he fought with his mother about that. If they hid out in Antarctica until Judgement Day he might be safer. But yeah - they are actively trying to prevent Judgement Day.

DarkArtist
11-06-2008, 01:24 PM
what happened at the end though. my DVR stopped recording and all i saw was cromratey talking with the kid from the bathroom saying how he promises Sarah Connor will not kill him. is that how it ends or was there more to it. is the kid killed afterward ?

jonthejedi
11-06-2008, 01:31 PM
That was where it ended. Cameron was hardcore in that episode. I was truly shocked at how that went down.

Tycho
11-06-2008, 01:36 PM
I don't remember the kid being killed. I hope that helped. But there'd have been no shock value one way or the other, as Cromarte is a bad Terminator.

Reminds me - the whole interaction with him and that girl, while they're driving in the car and she thinks he's a cop, was way fun. That was a cool twist. I love it when the show does things different than how we've seen them be presented before. Until this show, we haven't really seen a bad Terminator work with humans for too long - and not kill them. In T3, the Termamatrix did to the extent that she pretended to be Kate Brewster's fiance, and rode with the cops who were looking for her. But somehow that never really registered with me. Also, a bad Terminator working with a teenage girl was definitely something we hadn't seen before.

Maybe this is all not a huge leap in creative writing, but it worked well enough for me to be highly entertained. That's the point, isn't it? This is a great show!

Blue2th
11-06-2008, 04:44 PM
I enjoyed that part also. I was fully expecting Cromarte to kill her, but he just booted her out of his Chevelle. Kinda funny.
I've had some people in my car I've wanted to do that to.

Lord Malakite
11-08-2008, 04:49 AM
I got some news guys. Come February 13, 2009 new episodes of T:TSCC will air on Friday (http://www.terminatorchronicles.com/fox-moving-tscc-to-fridays-in-early-2009/#comment-2231).

Kidhuman
11-08-2008, 05:42 AM
Thats not good news at all. I watch too many other things on Friday. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2008, 10:11 AM
I already record it on Monday because I watch Chuck. On Friday I've been watching Ghost Whisperer, Crusoe and Numb3rs, while recording the Clone Wars. If they put it on at 8pm, then it will be no different for me than now.

Devo
11-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Loved the last episode. Cromartie is cool. I love that they've kept one consistent 'villain' terminator.

Whats also cool is that there are no 'good' terminators. Cameron kills anyone who jeopardises her mission, whether they do so innocently or deliberately.

tagmac
11-08-2008, 10:54 AM
The one problem I have is that it seems the shows ARE being played out of order, as some rumors have suggested. Quite frustrating.

Tycho
11-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Fridays are the death zone for TV shows though. This disturbs me.

Tycho
11-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Tonight's show was awesome! I mean really exciting. I invited a friend over to watch and we were both riveted!

I like the way they edited it and showed each characters' point of view of the events.

We both thought Cameron was going to "do" John to help him avoid chasing after Riley. I could see him thinking about it and wondering whether she was programmed for that. *cough* But man was she seductive when she got into bed with him.

Meanwhile, the guy playing Cromarte is awesome as a Terminator. He's different from Arnold of course, but he plays the role so well.

What a show tonight! I was impressed.

Darth Metalmute
11-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Cromarte's death seen was well choreographed. The conversation with him and Sara was great as well. I love when they show things from different characters POVs.

Two comments from the last two episodes.
First, when Cromarte entered the Conors house, why didn't he use the infered sensors that all terminators use?

Second, Do terminators take their weapons aiming courses at the Imperial academy with the stormtrooper recruits?

Ando
11-11-2008, 10:03 AM
[quote=Darth Metalmute;647622]First, when Cromarte entered the Conors house, why didn't he use the infered sensors that all terminators use?[quote]

I noticed that Cameron's red tinted "Terminator Vision" isn't being used this season, either. I wonder if it's something the producer's felt they could scrap to save money or if there's another reason.

And last night's episode was damn exciting stuff. It was probably one of my favorite episodes yet.

sith_killer_99
11-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Did anyone else notice the way Cameron took off her sweater/jacket before she went into John's room?!?!

Tycho
11-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Did anyone else notice the way Cameron took off her sweater/jacket before she went into John's room?!?!

Yeah. My friend was over to watch last night's show and he said "WTF" out loud.

My thought: Boobies!

There was no mistaking that message that the show's director was sending.

And last night's episode was damn exciting stuff. It was probably one of my favorite episodes yet.

Yes! I couldn't agree more. The whole darn show was edge-of-your-seat-exciting!

This time they REALLY managed to capture the feel of a Terminator movie for the television show.

Lord Malakite
11-11-2008, 12:19 PM
I doubt we've seen the last of Cromarte. Even with Sarah smashing his chip, they left it too wide open last night with the "shallow grave" and the "we'll come back later to destroy the endo-skeleton" to say he is gone for good. Just watch the cop come back to dig him up and give the remains to miss T-1001. Mark my words, he'll be back.

sith_killer_99
11-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah. My friend was over to watch last night's show and he said "WTF" out loud.

My thought: Boobies!

Speaking of which, have you been watching True Blood?:D

Last nights episode was indeed very exciting, but next weeks seems like it will be even more so, it looks like they will seriously be playing with the time stream thing...exploring alternate time lines, realities, etc.:yes:

It could be very well done, I'd like to see them do what they did last night, showing it from different perspectives.

Tycho
11-11-2008, 01:28 PM
I doubt we've seen the last of Cromarte. Even with Sarah smashing his chip, they left it too wide open last night with the "shallow grave" and the "we'll come back later to destroy the endo-skeleton" to say he is gone for good. Just watch the cop come back to dig him up and give the remains to miss T-1001. Mark my words, he'll be back.

Great point. I had been watching the show under the impression that Ellison didn't trust Miss T-1000, and suspected her of being a machine. Maybe I want to see evidence of him not being so easily fooled and I'm just manufacturing it in my mind. But I still think the storyline could get even better if Ellison does NOT trust her and thinks she might be a machine.

I think he knows Cameron is a machine, so it's not like he doesn't think there are lady Terminators.

I thought his interaction with Sarah last night was awesome. She says "she's sorry about his losses, but there's nothing she can do about it." She's right, but she acts so hard and tough as nails. Then when he walks away she smashes Cromarte's chip and starts crying. That was a powerful scene.

The cast is very talented. Some shows showcase them being able to act moreso than others. This was definitely the episode where the cast really shined.

Sith_Killer, I never heard of True Blood. I really try to avoid "getting into new shows." I have 1 TV show every night now - which is like 2 hours more per week than I used to EVER watch. (The Shield, Smallville, Star Trek had been my TV retreat - not counting CPSAN / News programs which I take in intermittently all the time if I don't feel like reading the newspaper).

So now I have Terminator, The Shield (ending in 3 episodes), Sons of Anarchy, Smallville (hopefully ending actually), and Clone Wars, MTWTF. Sigh.

I prefer to write my own stories which I might SELL and enjoy expressing myself with in the meanwhile - and I tackle that challenge instead of play video games as well (don't even own a game system).

With Terminator, there were 2 factors: 1 - I am a very passionate Terminator fan and always have been. I have a soft-spot for the peace and order SkyNet sought with its nuclear holocaust. Yes, I am a true sociopath. But that scene at the beginning of T2 when all the honking cars in the LA traffic are silenced, and there's nothing but the skeletons of the dead left in the reamains of their vehicles, is symbolic of peace on earth for me. Then the movie goes on to make the point that "true peace" isn't the fate anticipated for our species. We are what we are. And it's probably best if I can live somewhat isolated but still have social outlets (and friends). The 2nd factor was being at Comic Con and seeing that on their event schedule, being curious - and watching the first episode with the huge Comic Con audience followed-up with a Q&A with the cast. I'd never heard of Summer Glau before, but naturally I immediately sat erect and paid attention. The pun was very much intended, too. But from the first episode with the edgy school shooting scene which we were instructed was a risky move for the Fox Network, the whole show has been one great thrill ride.

The military academy episode with Derek and John was also one of the very memorable ones this season that I liked a lot. It's a great sign when you can remember what happened.

Also - remember when Cromarte cornered John at the Long Beach Pier and fell into the water? There were lots of moments this season that I'd like to relive (on DVD). I bought the first season and have watched it through twice already. That's a very good deal.

sith_killer_99
11-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Well, True Blood is on Sunday nights on HBO. It may not be something you want to get into, but it is an opportunity to see Anna Paquin...shine.;)

Anyway, I recommend checking it out on DVD, once the season is over and HBO decides to release it. Perhaps check it out from the video store one weekend. You will not be disappointed.

Phantom-like Menace
11-12-2008, 02:43 AM
It was a great night of television all around. Heroes, Chuck, and Terminator were all really good episodes.

Just watching this episode, I knew I'd get to this thread and find everyone chiming in positively about it. From Cromartie's death to Cameron's "talk" with John, I knew it was full of stuff to talk about. I actually can't believe they fit all that into an hour.

I knew the moment Ellison walked out to the car for the first aid kit that Cromartie was about to be lured into a trap, and I loved his final scene.

Devo
11-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Another fine episode. I do think its a pity cromartie appears to have been killed. I loved that guy and I'd like to thank him for his time!

2 complaints though. Not sure about the bit where sarah cries as she destroys his chip - I sort of think she should be past crying by now and I think it was a bit cliched anyway. Also I don't think cromartie should have been killed so easily. Exactly what kind of gun was it that Cameron used and why was no such weapon used in the films?

Second, Do terminators take their weapons aiming courses at the Imperial academy with the stormtrooper recruits?

And also this.

OC47150
11-14-2008, 07:32 PM
I have to say this week's episode was one of the best, if not the best, episode of the series. I didn't know if I'd like the flashback aspect but I did.

OC47150
11-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Is Riley from the future?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-26-2008, 08:00 PM
That's the impression I got, but I wasn't entirely sure.

Lord Malakite
11-27-2008, 04:32 AM
Can I call them or what. :p Ellison dug up Cromartie, gave his remains to the Miss T-1001, and now he is back as John Henry (aka "the Turk" or or perhaps what may more appropriately be called "pre-pubescent Skynet").

If this were the land of Oz and Cameron is our "Tin Man", I guess that makes Cromartie our "Scarecrow", because one is slowly getting a new heart and the other just got a new brain. :D

sith_killer_99
11-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Is Riley from the future?

Most definatly!

Then we cut over to the scene where Derek is telling his girl about John beinmg his nephew and asking her to come clean, she is still hiding the Riley thing from him. That's gonna come back to bite her in the @ss!

Kidhuman
11-27-2008, 02:39 PM
I cant wait for Derek to kill her.

tagmac
11-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Based on what she has been saying about Connor making poor decisions and such, I'm thinking she's on Skynet's side, looking to take down Connor's reputation, rather than killing him outright. Riley is another pawn from the future who actually cares for John and is having second thoughts (which is why Cameron has such a problem with her - she knows something that hasn't been revealed yet).

sith_killer_99
11-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Based on what she has been saying about Connor making poor decisions and such, I'm thinking she's on Skynet's side, looking to take down Connor's reputation, rather than killing him outright.

I think it's more than that.

I believe there is a lot more going on here. It's possible that in the future John and Cameron are working together to bridge the gap so to speak, bring an end to the war though peaceful co-existence between the humans and the machines.

Meanwhile there are factions on both sides trying to stop that from happening. This would explain Derek's ex and the T1001 with different plans and plots seemingly conflicting with their "side".

Cameron eluded to it in a previous episode, during the flashback/forward scene.:yes:

Tycho
11-29-2008, 12:54 AM
It's really cool that this show has given us so much to talk about. It's testament to the good writing.

Ando
12-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Did I miss a new episode on Monday the 24th? My DVR didn't record anything and when I looked it up on www.tvguide.com (http://www.tvguide.com), the description for tonight's episode was the same as the episode on the 24th.

DarkArtist
12-01-2008, 10:52 AM
finally caught up on the last 3 weeks of episodes and all i can say is awesome. love the battle with Cromartie, (didn't care for how he is finished would have liked more of a bang.)

Riley is getting more interesting in the story, wondering what part Jessie has to play in all of this. the scene with Charles Fisher was cool, loved the ironic twist of the younger version of him being locked away in a mental ward.

Ellison's character is getting interesting as well, lying to John and Cameron about Cromartie. i thought the ending was cool with the new and improved John Henry.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Did I miss a new episode on Monday the 24th? My DVR didn't record anything and when I looked it up on www.tvguide.com (http://www.tvguide.com), the description for tonight's episode was the same as the episode on the 24th.

Last week was new, and it looks like a new episode tonight.

Tycho
12-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Everyone is starting to watch this show. My nurse at dialysis says she watches it with her family every Monday night.

It's about another 24 minutes before Sarah comes on here.

Kidhuman
12-02-2008, 05:54 AM
Really odd episode last night. Cameron studying at the hall of reords. The whole Terminator at the wrong point in time was great

Tycho
12-02-2008, 07:18 AM
I didn't get it (part of it). Why was there a Terminator sent to kill some future Governor of California?

Cameron was pretty harsh: "Why don't you kill yourself?"

Do you think her friend in the library did kill himself after that very odd evening he spent with her?

DarkArtist
12-02-2008, 08:25 AM
yeah this episode was sort of out of place for the series and really didn't make any sense (at least from my stand point).

was this the first episode where we see Cameron sneaking off to the hall of records ?

i kinda liked the flash back scenes and all of the episode but with no real backstory that linked it to the rest of the series it was a bit confusing

OC47150
12-02-2008, 11:11 AM
I missed it!! I'll have to see if it's on-line.

sith_killer_99
12-02-2008, 12:34 PM
I didn't get it (part of it). Why was there a Terminator sent to kill some future Governor of California?

Yeah, but you gotta love the play on irony there!:D

I think it's meant to show us some things that may become important later on.

The history play was a good idea and played well off of Sarah's nightmares from Season one where Oppenheimer and the rest of the guys who developed the H bomb were really Terminators.

It also shows us some insight on Terminators and their behavior and ability to adapt to the human environment. I thought it was great the way the old news reports portrayed the T-888, hard working, fair employer, generous even...paid his employees twice the going rate, etc. All so that he could complete his mission, it reminded me of the episode "Vick's Chip". How convincing can these things be to obtain their ultimate goal? These type of episodes also shed doubt on Cameron...can she really be trusted? Others have trusted Terminators before, beliving they were good people.:D

Overall, a good episode. If nothing else it also helped develop Cameron's character. She stops the assasination attempt whithout direction from Sarah or John, what does that say about her?

Most importantly, what about the chip?!?!?

This makes twice that Cameron may have swiped a Terminator CPU without telling anyone?!?!?

Is she really just interested in finding data, or is she having difficulty "terminating" her own kind, dose she view a chips destruction as killing one of her own, while the skeleton is just a shell?!?!

All of this and more...hmmm.

Tycho
12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
was this the first episode where we see Cameron sneaking off to the hall of records ?

Yes.

i kinda liked the flash back scenes and all of the episode but with no real backstory that linked it to the rest of the series it was a bit confusing

Yeah. They will probably be making it relevant in an upcoming show. Right now, it wets our curiousity.

Sith_Killer: great interpretation of things. You brought up some interesting things to consider and put a voice to the words we hadn't yet found after this episode.

It appears so many characters have their own personal agenda:

Derek - why is he there?
Cameron - is she really trustworthy?
Derek's girlfriend from the future - what's she really doing?
Riley - will she be John's downfall or better (military) training than Sarah?
Ellison - he knows but he's not really Sarah's ally or he wouldn't have stolen Cromarte
T-1000 - what the heck is her agenda with John Henry?
John Henry - is he SkyNet The Next Generation or what?

Most of what I hear tells me that the new movies (with Christian Bale as John) will not have anything to do with this show. However, they could if there is still going to be a Judgement Day, as the movies take place after the missiles fall.

So will the movie cast include:

Kate Brewster?
Derek Reese?
Kyle Reese?
Cameron in some form? (Or Allison Young)
Riley? (at some age)
Derek's girlfriend?

I doubt they'll use televsion actors in a feature film, or even TV characters, but Brewster, and the Reese brothers would be undeniably movie characters as well (maybe not Derek, but by now he should be).

Anyway, Terminator stuff will be way cool to be into - AND Playmates is making a toy line with possible vehicles for the figures, too.

Lord Malakite
12-02-2008, 03:56 PM
yeah this episode was sort of out of place for the series and really didn't make any sense (at least from my stand point).
I imagine that as the series goes on we'll find out that this Governor's politics will probably become some sort roadblock for project Babylon's progress which is why Skynet had him targeted. Its sort of similar to how the "Vic" T-888 terminated that one women who opposed its "pretend" wife's traffic network system from going into operation.

It'll eventually make sense, it has to. With as much time as they spent showing this T-888 trying to fix its mistake so that said "future" building would exist for its said target to be located their on New Year's 2010, it can't just be a minor issue.

As far as tie-ins go with previous episodes, there was one thing that really jumped out at me in this episode. The Terminator's ability to tell time based on the coordinates of the stars within the night sky.

When the T-888 did it in 1920 and when Cameron did it present day they both used three stars (or dots). Maybe the three dots Sarah is obsessing over isn't part of some company logo. Maybe its some future important date (based on the stars coordinates in the night sky).

Tycho
12-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I

As far as tie-ins go with previous episodes, there was one thing that really jumped out at me in this episode. The Terminator's ability to tell time based on the coordinates of the stars within the night sky.

When the T-888 did it in 1920 and when Cameron did it present day they both used three stars (or dots). Maybe the three dots Sarah is obsessing over isn't part of some company logo. Maybe its some future important date (based on the stars coordinates in the night sky).

Totally good point. I completely missed that. I KNOW you have to be on to something there, Malakite. Nicely done.

Tenric78
12-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Wow, I never even thought of that. Good pick.

Man this series is good. It has some bad moments, but it's really enjoyable.

I imagine that as the series goes on we'll find out that this Governor's politics will probably become some sort roadblock for project Babylon's progress which is why Skynet had him targeted. Its sort of similar to how the "Vic" T-888 terminated that one women who opposed its "pretend" wife's traffic network system from going into operation.

It'll eventually make sense, it has to. With as much time as they spent showing this T-888 trying to fix its mistake so that said "future" building would exist for its said target to be located their on New Year's 2010, it can't just be a minor issue.

OC47150
12-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Whenever a show has a flashback aspect involved, I'm a little leery of it. For some reason TTSCC carries it off better than other shows.

Good ep. Nice background on Derek and his lady.

OC47150
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I finally figured out where I saw Derek's girlfriend before: she was the lead in BSG: Razor!

Tycho
02-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Reminder: The ALL NEW episode is on tonight!

Friday the 13th, February.

Blue2th
02-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Yay, I'll be watching!

Tycho
02-13-2009, 11:03 AM
My young nurse who's taking care of me looks just like Cameron (Summer Glau). So I showed her the DVD box set of season 1 and she watched all of it and really enjoyed the show.

So there will be a new fan also watching tonight!

OC47150
02-16-2009, 12:35 PM
It was a so-so episode, IMO. I thought it kicked into gear when Shirley Manson went on the killing spree. And not a drop of blood on that white dress!!

The Kyle interaction was interesting.

I think Fox made a mistake by not airing the last couple of episodes before Friday night. It's been, what, two months (or almost) since it last aired? At least let FX run a marathon on the weekend to build interest, instead of showing the same old stale movies.

Blue2th
02-16-2009, 01:50 PM
John Henry likes action figures, and wanted to ask God why he didn't create man with ball sockets.
He knew the T-1000 was a machine but not like him because of no emotion in her eyes.
I thought it was a cool episode.

Tycho
02-16-2009, 10:58 PM
It was a great episode! Yeah, I'd forgotten that Sarah had gotten shot. A nice connection with T2 that she had the scar from where the T-1000 stabbed her during the Arnold movie.

Shirley Manson's and John Henry's scenes were terrific!

Blue2th
02-16-2009, 11:44 PM
I was hoping the cop played by Connor Trinneer (Commander Tucker "Enterprise") would stick around but no I guess just a small role than he got shot.

Lord Malakite
02-17-2009, 12:48 AM
John Henry likes action figures, and wanted to ask God why he didn't create man with ball sockets.
He knew the T-1000 was a machine but not like him because of no emotion in her eyes.
I thought it was a cool episode.
Sadly, John Henry's expression to (joy of) Bionicle reminds me of myself in concerns to Power Rangers, Star Wars, and video games. Also sadly, Ellison and the T-1001/Shirley's reaction to John Henry's open expression to its new "hobby" is eerily similar to the reaction I get from others when I express myself in the same manner. :o

Devo
02-17-2009, 08:01 PM
It was a great episode! Yeah, I'd forgotten that Sarah had gotten shot. A nice connection with T2 that she had the scar from where the T-1000 stabbed her during the Arnold movie.

Shirley Manson's and John Henry's scenes were terrific!

I think they had the scar on the wrong shoulder. Wasn't it Sarahs right shoulder the T-1000 stabbed her through in T2?

I liked the Shirley and john henry scene aswell. I was kind of hoping she would demonstrate her morphing for him but I suppose that would have been a bit stupid.

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't mean to be Mr. Buzzkill, but according to AICN, the ratings on this show are down nearly 70% from the season 1 premiere; nearly 30% from the season 2 premiere. Bet you fans wish it wasn't airing on Fox, huh? Better start those letter-writing campaigns now.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-18-2009, 01:16 AM
My only problem with it was the time slot. When it was on Monday, I had to record it or Chuck. Now that it is on Friday, it is on the same time as Ghost Whisperer. I recorded it and just watched it tonight.

RooJay
02-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Yet another instance where rerunning the show occasionally might have been wise.

Kidhuman
02-18-2009, 04:25 AM
I don't mean to be Mr. Buzzkill, but according to AICN, the ratings on this show are down nearly 70% from the season 1 premiere; nearly 30% from the season 2 premiere. Bet you fans wish it wasn't airing on Fox, huh? Better start those letter-writing campaigns now.

thats cause Friday night is a dead time for TV.

JediTricks
02-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Especially on Fox, who have also not been doing much marketing for the season.

sith_killer_99
03-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Especially on Fox, who have also not been doing much marketing for the season.

Stupid Fox!:mad:

I hope to see this show continue, it has so much promise, good character development, action, storyline, etc.

I remember X-Files used to be on Fox's Friday night line up....many moons ago, then they moved it to Sunday (hoping to kill it off) they ran like 5 more seasons after that!!! lol

I will be overjoyed if TSCC goes 5 seasons, but I have my doubts.

Ando
03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Fox doesn't promote S*** if it isn't called American Idol. The sad truth is, American Idol is cheap to make and it pays the bills and it's on 4-6 HOURS a week.

They've (FOX) got a long, proud history of killing off clever/quirky/intelligent shows.

Among my favorites:

- Arrested Development
- The Tick
- Action
- Firefly

Hopefully T:TSCC will last, but Friday is sort of a wasteland for TV shows historically, even though right now there are at least 5 shows on Fridays that my wife and I make a point to watch, which is more than anyother night other than Mondays.

Tycho
03-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Wow. Tonight's show rocked. Spoilers ahead for you Tivo people.

So Riley's dead? That was some fight between her and Jess. I knew that someone was going to end up being wasted.

What is going on here?

1) Jess wants to turn John Connor against all machines.
2) The T-1000 wants Ellison to give SkyNet (presumably John Henry) a personality and morals.

To what end is all this going?

Do the machines want to peacefully co-exist with humans? Do some human factions want the machines all taken out?

What is Cameron's deal? Is she able to feel emotions? Is she in love with John Connor? Was she programmed with Kate Brewster-Connor's memories and is that where she gets her feelings from?

Kate Connor is going to be in Terminator 4 for certain. She's on the casting list. John's wife....

Lord Malakite
03-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Wow. Tonight's show rocked. Spoilers ahead for you Tivo people.

So Riley's dead? That was some fight between her and Jess. I knew that someone was going to end up being wasted.

What is going on here?

1) Jess wants to turn John Connor against all machines.
2) The T-1000 wants Ellison to give SkyNet (presumably John Henry) a personality and morals.
Looks to be this way so far on both accounts. Jess sees that John has sympathy for Cameron and can see her as more than just an endoskeleton (its not all black and white to him), so she is trying to change that. It kind of goes along with you question below. As for the T-1001 (Weaver), she seems to be aware that Skynet's "sentience and development of emotions" is what leads its fear-fuelled attack on mankind in the first place ("Judgment Day" for self preservation). So she is doing what she can to move that process along.

To what end is all this going?

Do the machines want to peacefully co-exist with humans? Do some human factions want the machines all taken out?
Its possible, but I think its still too early to tell for your first question as it hasn't been explored much outside the Cameron/Allison episode. The latter is definitely true; you can tell that just by how certain characters (like Sarah, Derek, Jess) treat Cameron.

What is Cameron's deal? Is she able to feel emotions? Is she in love with John Connor? Was she programmed with Kate Brewster-Connor's memories and is that where she gets her feelings from?
I'd say its possibly a result of the damage to her CPU chip, an adaption/evolution built into her main programming, or some combination of the two. Is it possible she gaining actual "feelings" as result. I think so. After all, do we even have an accurate idea/description as to why we even have "feelings". Sure we have physical explanations like chemical processes etc., but like dreams, I'd say we've barely scratched the surface to fully understand it. Its definitely not a result of "Kate Brewster's memories" though (on account that she is from a separate continuity from the show).

By the way Tycho, you might want to catch this Monday's episode of the "Big Bang Theory" on CBS. Based on the commercials I saw Summer Glau is going to appear in the episode as herself and it appears that there are also going to be some "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" references in it.

jonthejedi
03-07-2009, 04:12 AM
Lest we forget Fox also cancelled Family Guy, what was it...once or twice?

Kidhuman
03-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Great freakin episode last night. Only question I have is who is going to kill JEss? John,. Sarah Derrek or Cameron? I want it to be Sarah. Kick her a55.

tagmac
03-07-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm kinda' hoping it'll be Derrick. I never liked BAG (as did most of us guys during the 90210 years and after), and yet this show actually has me rooting for him. Especially since it seems she doesn't really love him, but is using Derek to get what she wants.

Tycho
03-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Derek's been my favorite character on the show, but John is stepping up.

I like how he's more open-minded than Derek but that's because he hasn't had all the horrible experiences that Derek has had during the Future Wars.

Plus John's had sentimental attachments to the even some of the machines that have attacked him.

Kidhuman
03-07-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm kinda' hoping it'll be Derrick. I never liked BAG (as did most of us guys during the 90210 years and after), and yet this show actually has me rooting for him. Especially since it seems she doesn't really love him, but is using Derek to get what she wants.

I want it to be Sarah, just straight up kick her butt all over the place. Riley held her own and would have had her not for the gun.

Tycho
03-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Jesse is tough, dangerous, a trained Resistance fighter. I don't know if Riley would've been a match for her - but in tight quarters - with an extremely determined fight in her, Riley did alright.

However, Sarah IS trained to fight and has survived a lot worse than Riley. But it would be more tragic and touching to his character if Derek had to put an end to Jesse.

However, it looks like Riley's death will be blamed on Cameron as the previews for next week indicated.

sith_killer_99
03-07-2009, 12:45 PM
However, it looks like Riley's death will be blamed on Cameron as the previews for next week indicated.

Yeah, I liked the twist they put in this episode with the kill switch Cameron put in her head.

I think we all know what John will decide. The question is, how much will he learn about Riley and Jesse, and how will it all effect his relationship with Derek? Will Derek side with John against Jesse? It will all be very interesting.They have been setting all of this up for a long time now, hopefully it will all play out well.

Tycho
03-07-2009, 01:02 PM
John doesn't know Jesse exists yet, I'd think.

Sarah doesn't either. She thinks she's the school guidence counselor at John's old school.

sith_killer_99
03-07-2009, 04:12 PM
John doesn't know Jesse exists yet, I'd think.

Sarah doesn't either. She thinks she's the school guidence counselor at John's old school.

True, but it's all liable to come out next week, Derek will likely be forced to choose and will probably reveal Jesse for who she really is, the whole thing will unravel and we shall see where everything stands after the fact.

OC47150
03-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Summer's guest-starring as herself on Monday night's Big Bang Theory. It should be funny.

Lord Malakite
03-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Summer's guest-starring as herself on Monday night's Big Bang Theory. It should be funny.
I guess that confirms that nobody reads my posts. :D

OC47150
03-09-2009, 10:05 AM
I guess that confirms that nobody reads my posts. :D

I didn't read far enough back. :yes:

Still, I'm looking forward to tonight's ep.

sith_killer_99
03-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Still, I'm looking forward to tonight's ep.

Well then you may be disappointed, TSCC has moved to Friday nights. lol

Lord Malakite
03-10-2009, 06:44 AM
Well then you may be disappointed, TSCC has moved to Friday nights. lol
Shame, because then you missed out on seeing Summer (Cameron) being creeped out. Especially after hearing that one geek's dream about how he would spin her around by her ankles until her legs would rip off and she turned into a loaf of pumpernickel or when he told her that pumpernickel in German meant "fart goblin". lol

sith_killer_99
03-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Shame, because then you missed out on seeing Summer (Cameron) being creeped out. Especially after hearing that one geek's dream about how he would spin her around by her ankles until her legs would rip off and she turned into a loaf of pumpernickel or when he told her that pumpernickel in German meant "fart goblin".

Oh, that episode. My bad, I forgot BBT was on last night when I posted this and thought you were refering to TSCC.

I DVR'd last nights ep of BBT, though I have never watched an episode before.

OC47150
03-10-2009, 12:21 PM
It was a good ep. I really wanted to see Sheldon hit on her, but he was a little self-absorbed.

Darth Metalmute
03-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Poor Summer,
she couldn't get off the train fast enough.

Ever watch "How I met Your Mother"?

They had a reference to Terminator last week.

Barney was telling this friends how he rooted for all the vilians in movies.
Robin asked him about Terminator.
He replys, "The robot never got to finish his mission, When his red eyes fades out nobody helps him."

I kinda felt that way for Cameron in the last episode and the upcoming ones.

sith_killer_99
03-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Well, this episode wasn't exactly what I had hoped for, but it was stellar none the less.

I enjoyed the flashbacks, more top notch character development!

I can't wait 'til next week!:thumbsup::love:

Tycho
03-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah the submarine sequences took me for a ride. That was unexpected.

I don't think Jesse was in the military before Judgement Day. It was hard to picture her as a proper sub Exec.

Anyway, she might be hot, but I still think of her as a btch and I think Riley had it right: Jesse wanted John to fall for her and then she was going to kill Riley or figured Cameron would do it for her (unknowingly) and cause John to turn against using any and all machines. What a #$#@!

I think Derek ought to figure it out and off her.

Kidhuman
03-15-2009, 02:15 PM
I hope Derek figures it out and then brings her to Sarah. Let her rip Jesse a new one.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2009, 02:36 PM
I hope Derek figures it out and then brings her to Sarah. Let her rip Jesse a new one.I think John should get first shot at her.

Kidhuman
03-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Nah, have Sarah kick the sh** out of her and then let John kill her

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Nah, have Sarah kick the sh** out of her and then let John kill her
Yeah, I guess that will work.

OC47150
03-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I thought Jessie's flashback storyline was actually better than the present day storyline. I can't wait to see what's in the future container!!

Kidhuman
03-20-2009, 04:39 AM
Well I watched my DVR of last weeks DOllhouse and it had tonights stuff for SCC on it. JEsse is talking with ameron in it. I wonder if its the future or present that it happens in

RooJay
03-21-2009, 02:14 AM
Wow! Awesome episode tonight! It would really be a shame to lose this show at this point - I really like the direction they're taking things! It was great to finally see John step up and become the guy we've all been waiting to see.
After finding out the question to which the answer was "no" I'm really becoming married to the idea that there is a faction among the machine that want to coexist with humans.

Tycho
03-21-2009, 03:04 AM
What an episode tonight! So Derek killed Jesse? (They didn't show a body, so this could be decided by the writers either way in the future.)

Derek said that John sometimes made mistakes in the future. He was only human.

He then said (about Jesse) that John Connor let her go.

Was he implying that letting her go was a mistake? A mistake that Derek corrected with a loaded gun?

The submarine sequences were incredible the way they ended, too.

And I agree with RooJay about it being great to see John stepping up.

Kidhuman
03-21-2009, 04:11 AM
I loved the episode. I too think Derek killed her. As much as I wanted to see Sarah kill Jesse, I loed Johns line when she walked in the room.

sith_killer_99
03-21-2009, 10:55 AM
This episode was awesome!!!:thumbsup:

I agree with all of the above statements, great to see John Connor. Great exchange between John/Jessie and John/Derek. I also enjoyed the exchange between Sarah and Cameron as well as the opening "I'm sorry I doubted you."

It seems to me like everyone has these bad ideas about the machines, and it was John who believed that they could co-exist, he seems to be struggling with convincing the old schoolers, Sarah, Jessie, etc. Derek seems to trust John but is not convinced about the machines.

The liquid metal terminators turned John down, though they seem to have their own end game in play that appears at time to go along with John game plan?!?! Very confusing.

Perhaps the LMT's (liquid metal terminators) are attempting to discover why terminators would join humans and if humans are worth keeping around. They probably refuse to join John until they could figure things out. That would also explain why the LMT from the boat didn't kill everyone, only the one who threatened it.

On a side note I believe Cameron was never re-programmed.

Tycho
03-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Then maybe Cameron really DOES have emotions and she really does love John?

That'd be kinky-hot!!! (maybe tragic, too)

It's stuck in mind - what Sarah said to Cameron: that 'future John' sent her away on purpose. Maybe because she loved him? But he sent her back in time to be with him?

Before SCC, future John marries Kate Brewster. According to T3, HE actually gets killed and 'Kate Connor' (confirmed character in the new T4 movie for this summer, btw) sends 'Arnold's T-800' back in time to stop the TX.

So now if events on SCC have made it so that T3 never happened, John might never end up with Kate Brewster - or he does so and ends up living but losing her, so Cameron, as a repairable machine, became a preferable alternative.

The official answer as I understand it, is T4 will be a different continuity than SCC, but it doesn't have to be. John can still end up with Kate Brewster in SCC. By T3's plot, he's not even supposed to see her for 3-4 more years beyond when SCC takes place.

In any case, this is such a good show, I want it to be correlated with the movie continuity. T3 can be thrown out - as having been only one way events might have worked out.

However, there must always be Judgement Day and the rise of the machines in either T4 or SCC continuity. And it would also figure that Kate Brewster (somewhere anyway) survives and joins the Resistance.

I still wonder if Cameron is programmed or imprinted with Kate's memories and that explains her feelings for John?

In any case, discussing Kate is relevant because she's definitely one of the "A characters" in Terminator: Salvation this summer.

jonthejedi
03-21-2009, 03:25 PM
John really grew up alot in this past episode, a future tense preview of the leader he is destined to become. I'm also glad that they allowed his humanity to slip out in the last scene. I think Jessie was let go...because that's what John wanted...and after all, Derek & Kyle were foot soldiers.

OC47150
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
What an episode tonight! So Derek killed Jesse? (They didn't show a body, so this could be decided by the writers either way in the future.)

Derek said that John sometimes made mistakes in the future. He was only human.

He then said (about Jesse) that John Connor let her go.

Was he implying that letting her go was a mistake? A mistake that Derek corrected with a loaded gun?

The submarine sequences were incredible the way they ended, too.

I think Jessie is still alive. She's too interesting of a character to kill off.

I would've liked to have more of the sub situation.

John has grown up a lot in the last few episodes, becoming more of a man and eventual leader, and Sarah is taking a back seat to that. That's a natural progression of the show, I guess.

OC47150
04-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Hated to see Charley buy it. I think it's a mistake. He's an interesting character who could've been explored more.

Darth Metalmute
04-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Wait till you see tonights episode.

All I can is...........Wow.

Just Wow.

Lord Malakite
04-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Wait till you see tonights episode.

All I can is...........Wow.

Just Wow.

Where is Tycho? This is some good stuff he hasn't commented on. I really do hope this gets a third season. With how the crap hit the fan tonight there is no possible way next week's episode will make a decent makeshift "series finale". Just too many "major" unanswered questions introduced in last week's and tonight's episodes.

Tycho
04-03-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm right here. I get the show PST remember? So it ended for me about 8 minutes ago before I got the chance to write this.

My favorite character was KILLED tonight! I mean when can we discuss spoilers?

I say right now. The TIVO crowd should know better than to read this thread before they watch what they recorded. I have no sympathy for them, but Derek? Who the heck saw that coming? It was almost a pointless death. And does John Connor know that Ms. Weaver is behind John Henry's evolution - and that she too is some kind of Terminator?

I now think more than ever that she might be trying to reprogram SkyNet so it can co-exist with human beings - saying all our survival depends upon John Henry's. Could Ms. Weaver been the T-1000 in the box that was delivered to Jesse's submarine during the future war?

You're right: the season finale cannot contain all the worms they've let loose now!

Incredible show!

Lord Malakite
04-04-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm right here. I get the show PST remember? So it ended for me about 8 minutes ago before I got the chance to write this.

Guess I'm just too blown away by tonight's episode to remember you are on PST. :D

I have no sympathy for them, but Derek? Who the heck saw that coming? It was almost a pointless death. And does John Connor know that Ms. Weaver is behind John Henry's evolution - and that she too is some kind of Terminator?
I'm certain he is quite aware (from his talk with her fake "daughter") that Weaver is heavily involved with the creation of John Henry. Nobody "currently living" outside of John Henry though is aware that she herself is a T-1001 in disguise.

I now think more than ever that she might be trying to reprogram SkyNet so it can co-exist with human beings - saying all our survival depends upon John Henry's. Could Ms. Weaver been the T-1000 in the box that was delivered to Jesse's submarine during the future war?
You are assuming of course that John Henry is indeed "Skynet". About two weeks ago I would of agreed with you. After last week's and tonight' episodes though, I think the "John Henry is early Skynet" plot has just been proven to be just a red herring. I think the "real" Skynet is the seemingly sentient "computer virus" that tried to hack John Henry. Or as John Henry put it, his "brother". I do think you are partially right though. I think John Henry is Weaver's attempt at making her own, possibly more benevolent/caring, version of a "Skynet" like entity. Whether her intentions are as noble (such as co-existence with humans) as you suggest or if she is aligned with/is the T-1001 from the sub is still up for debate though. Not enough has been shown. All that is known for certain is that "real" Skynet wanted to get to Weaver and possibly John Henry (as indicated by it sending a T-888 after the kid). Doesn't seem likely that Skynet would attempt to mess with Weaver's plans if they were on the same side.

Tycho
04-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Conflicting programs rooted in the same beginnings like XP versus Vista?

Vista is what Weaver wants the program to become. XP is out there and fighting for its life so that it is never altered and the transition to Vista fails.

Finally, Future John might have something to do with Weaver's plan because she has killed tons of people in that secret project in the desert where Sarah was shot, but she didn't lock on to John Connor (or Sarah) as "Primary Target" (yet) and go into hyper-homicide mode. Weaver seemed to prefer to not meet with the Connors and avoid the whole situation until perhaps her hand was forced by Savanah's winding up with them.

But who called the cops on Sarah? Weaver? John Henry? SkyNet (if he is indeed John Henry's "brother?"

This show is so freaking good!

Then again, it might be completely the opposite and Future John's program might be John Henry's "brother."

I don't trust Sarah's judgement in this at all. She's very simple-minded: if it's a super-computer, blow it up! :yes: But then again she's had traumatic experiences more times over than John at this stage.

John is much more insightful and forward-thinking than his mother. He always has been - to use time-travel and so forth to fight SkyNet and send his father (or a soldier Kyle Reese that would become his father) back in time to 1984 for the very first Terminator movie's plot.

I might watch at Terminator movie marathon this weekend. Then again, I might want to wait until after next week's season finale.

A season finale in APRIL? I'm not used to that happening for a TV show until May or June.

Anyway, they have to keep this show around. It looks like even FOX is thinking about the success of Terminator: Salvation because they are having an extended preview of it DURING the season finale show next week - but it looks like footage I've already seen. But with the show off the air, at least for this season as of April, and the movie out May 21, no matter how successful the film is, who will remember it come September or whenever they might run T:SCC season 3? I suppose they could coordinate with the DVD release of Christian Bale's movie? But you'd think they'd want to do the DVD release closer to Christmas? I suppose it could be an October DVD release and late start for season 3?

The Dark Knight was the longest running movie in the actual theaters in recent history. That opened in July and ran through October I think (in theaters). Even if it's enormously successful - which I hope it is - I don't think Salvation will stay in theaters beyond August.

Devo
04-04-2009, 11:37 AM
I was in the SCC thread at sideshow freaks and read about a major character death - those were spoiler blocked but it was pretty obvious, of all the characters, who it was going to be.

I wish they wouldn't have killed derek - it seems like the body of characters was small enough already without them reducing it even more. Maybe they felt they had to do something dramatic to close out the season and hopefully get it commissioned for another year. But goddammit. Why not kill Ellison if you have to off a long running character? Not that I have a problem with him, its just the Reese boys seem to have such crappy luck.

Tycho
04-04-2009, 11:52 AM
its just the Reese boys seem to have such crappy luck.

Until John Connor. He is a Reese boy from the next generation and he kicks the tar out of SkyNet in the end.

sith_killer_99
04-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Derek? Who the heck saw that coming? It was almost a pointless death.

Yeah, but it really falls in line with the underlying theme of the entire series, senseless death and destruction, everyone around John dies, etc.

I was really mad, because the series invested so much time in developing his character. Which is not what made me mad, I accepted Derek's death almost immediately. What made me mad was how this may affect viewership! I would hate to see this series lose some of it's fan base because they decide to kill off a popular character. They can't really afford to lose viewers.

The plot had thickened. It seems to me that there are factions within the machines. On one side you have Skynet and the machine terminators, on the other side machine terminators working with human. Then there are the T-1000 type terminators. We suspect they want peaceful co-existence, why else would John think that he could contact them to see if they would join them.

I suspect they wanted something more, I suspect they want the machines and Skynet to WANT to work for peaceful co-existence. By putting Savanah and John Henry together she is trying to get JH to "care" for, or at lease understand humans. In this way, the machines can make their own choice as opposed to simply being reprogrammed. Reprogramming doesn't really solve the problem.

Kidhuman
04-04-2009, 01:50 PM
I didnt see the whole episode, but when I saw Derrick get killed, I looked at my wife and said, this show isnt going past this season.

Darth Metalmute
04-04-2009, 09:48 PM
The worst part about it was that it was like, "oh, he got shot." It was very nonchalant.

I'm thinking, all the work that Ellis has done with John Henry, giving him rational thought and all, will turn him towards John Conners side.

Devo
04-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Just watching it now. I guess we aren't being non-spoilerey here. Shot in the head just like that...totally without any dramatic announcement. Thats brave you must admit. For a show to kill a major character without any warning in such quick fashion.

Theres a certain realism to it. Death is rarely heroic in the typical cliched way we always see it on tv. And if we're to believe that Terminators are hyper-efficient, presumably with an accurate shot then its not at all hard to believe how Dereks death went down. The only problem is it makes one wonder how it is that Sarah connor and john connor haven't been killed in exactly the same way by now. Why have all other terminators, in the films and in SCC, failed so miserably at what this terminator did in a split second?

Despite killing Derek its a great episode, as was the last one - a real return to form after 2 or 3 really dull ones. Which can only mean it won't be commissioned for another season :mad:

Tycho
04-05-2009, 12:11 AM
It better be brought back for next season.

I also think they can pull a cheap time-travel stunt and bring Derek back, avoiding his death being permanent.

However, this "Star Trek trick" (The Search for Spock, etc.) cheapens what Terminator is all about. Terminator is a heroic tragedy. Star Trek is about exploring human issues with the regular cast of characters.

1) I want the show to continue.

2) Derek Reese was my favorite character that I could really relate to, or wanted to.

3) I don't want them to bring Derek back though. The show is shocking and provacative, especially with what they've done.

4) I wonder if Brian Austin Green had another opportunity and wanted off the show? (maybe he thought it was a sinking ship?)

5) John Connor is now coming into his own and taking a leadership role as demonstrated when he issued ORDERS to both his mother and his uncle. This is so necessary for John's character development - not to be second to Derek, even. (The rebellion against his mother is natural, but when Sarah is arrested, you saw John's dedication to her - very well acted out by Thomas Decker, I might add).

6) The other thing they might do is create a new leading role male character, or have Ellison step up to that position, as he's been with the show since the beginning.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-05-2009, 12:24 AM
4) I wonder if Brian Austin Green had another opportunity and wanted off the show? (maybe he thought it was a sinking ship?)Maybe he wants to join the new 90210 full time (I'd watch it if it was a sci-fi show that takes place in the year ninety thousand two hundred ten).

Devo
04-05-2009, 04:12 PM
It better be brought back for next season.

I also think they can pull a cheap time-travel stunt and bring Derek back, avoiding his death being permanent.

However, this "Star Trek trick" (The Search for Spock, etc.) cheapens what Terminator is all about. Terminator is a heroic tragedy. Star Trek is about exploring human issues with the regular cast of characters.

1) I want the show to continue.

2) Derek Reese was my favorite character that I could really relate to, or wanted to.

3) I don't want them to bring Derek back though. The show is shocking and provacative, especially with what they've done.

4) I wonder if Brian Austin Green had another opportunity and wanted off the show? (maybe he thought it was a sinking ship?)

5) John Connor is now coming into his own and taking a leadership role as demonstrated when he issued ORDERS to both his mother and his uncle. This is so necessary for John's character development - not to be second to Derek, even. (The rebellion against his mother is natural, but when Sarah is arrested, you saw John's dedication to her - very well acted out by Thomas Decker, I might add).

6) The other thing they might do is create a new leading role male character, or have Ellison step up to that position, as he's been with the show since the beginning.

I think we hope in vain. Like Kidhuman said the show is probably finishing, they probably know it, and they felt they needed their last few episodes to resonate with the fans they did have - hence a shocking major character death, sarah captured by the police and whatever they're going to do in the next episode.

If it did continue though surely it'll mean no more flashforwards which are always a reason to watch - because Jesse and Derek are now dead. Unless as you say they pull a time travel stunt and resurrect Derek. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. I'm not sure how I feel about him being killed as he was in the first place. 'Realistic' and shocking yes...but its totally not what we're used to when it comes to a liked character being killed. No dramatic build-up, no heroism at the moment of death and no time for much of any grieving by the other characters. This is certainly new.

Is it a good thing the way he was killed? I don't know. And I don't know if it would be a good thing to go the route of so much other TV - that no character is ever really dead i.e - they are brought back through storytelling devices - flashbacks/flashforwards, or are literally brought back through supernatural means like magic or as ghosts/visions - and other ways like time travel or even pretending they were never dead in the first place. Basically the kinds of things we wish could happen in real life.

Vyrquenox
04-05-2009, 06:54 PM
What nobody seems to get is this a fantasy sci-fi show people make to get viewers, and most of us would have preferred the very much less bs way of killing the main tough guy, it kind of felt like me like if in lethal weapon riggs just hit the pavement instead of the pool, and danny glover did the rest of the movie alone. What they should have done which (admit it) all of us would have been ga ga over is if Derrick did something like pull the terminator off a high rise and die or manage to actually fight it. I mean the guy fought terminators for years and didn't get killed, it would have been far better if his sacrifice meant something, that is what 'writing ficiton' is about. You can't write an adventure book, people, and say something like, "The Millenium Falcon hit the asteroid and blew up." and just carry on with luke. Well, yeah, it probably would have hit an asteroid in reality. I didn't watch this show to see the biggest bad-a@@ in it get his brains blown out in an instant. There is no arguable way for any coherent writer to say that was what would appeal the most to the fan-base.

Vyrquenox
04-05-2009, 06:58 PM
And I certainly don't need the idea that the writers were trying to teach me a lesson. It's not George Orwell stuff here, its time traveling robots and people and various other suspensions of disbelief. If I have to suspend my disbelief, you don't get to write something about reality.

Devo
04-05-2009, 08:42 PM
What nobody seems to get is this a fantasy sci-fi show people make to get viewers, and most of us would have preferred the very much less bs way of killing the main tough guy, it kind of felt like me like if in lethal weapon riggs just hit the pavement instead of the pool, and danny glover did the rest of the movie alone. What they should have done which (admit it) all of us would have been ga ga over is if Derrick did something like pull the terminator off a high rise and die or manage to actually fight it. I mean the guy fought terminators for years and didn't get killed, it would have been far better if his sacrifice meant something, that is what 'writing ficiton' is about. You can't write an adventure book, people, and say something like, "The Millenium Falcon hit the asteroid and blew up." and just carry on with luke. Well, yeah, it probably would have hit an asteroid in reality. I didn't watch this show to see the biggest bad-a@@ in it get his brains blown out in an instant. There is no arguable way for any coherent writer to say that was what would appeal the most to the fan-base.

Good analogies! My brother instantly felt the same way. He outright thought it was a stupid way to kill off a liked character. I kind of see it both ways. A major part of my feeling is outrage that he was offed in such a simple manner, as though he were an inconsequential henchman. The other part of me subscribes to the 'wow, how daring and realistic' viewpoint.

The hole in the 'how realistic' bit is as you say all the other parts of the films and this show where you have to suspend disbelief. Obviously the time travel and the predestination paradoxes, and also little things like 'why didn't the T-800 just stamp on linda hamiltons head instead of changing clips in his gun in the Tech Noir' or 'why did the first incarnation of Cromartie take a dramatic pause when he had John in his sights at almost point-blank range in the pilot episode of SCC'? If this Terminator put a bullet in Derek's head instantaneously how is it that other Terminators have failed repeatedly to do just that to Sarah and John?

sith_killer_99
04-05-2009, 08:46 PM
If it did continue though surely it'll mean no more flashforwards which are always a reason to watch - because Jesse and Derek are now dead.

Not true, they did a whole flashforward episode just on Cameron. So the story device could still be used. Plus we don't know for sure that Jessie is dead, or that they couldn't just pull someone else from the future to introduce into the story. Also we haven't seen much from Ms. Weaver, and I suspect there is a lot to explore there.:yes:

Devo
04-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I really don't why I forgot about those characters.

Darth Metalmute
04-05-2009, 09:10 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news.......

http://www.fmqinc.com/terminator-cancelled/

Don't know if it has teeth, but........

I knew I shouldn't have started watching. It is on FOX after all.

sith_killer_99
04-05-2009, 09:20 PM
That's it I am sending an e-mail to President Obama and asking him to fire the CEO of the FOX Broadcasting Company!!!:cry:

Darth Metalmute
04-05-2009, 09:39 PM
I was hoping it was just some jokers website, but I found more proof.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/31/time-running-out-for-dollhouse/15642

In the last site, you can find a link to pre-read the final episode.

Farewell, TSCC. You will be missed. Never before has a network show been so well written, so well acted, and unfortunately so poorly accepted by the masses.

It would be nice if Direct TV picked this up like they did with Friday Night Lights. But it appears the cast has already moved on.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't get how Friday night is a bad night for this type of show. If anyone is going to be staying home on a Friday night, I'd think it would be sci-fi geeks. If everyone else is going out, then how does any show get good ratings then? Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs still do well, but I guess they have wider appeal. If shows like Terminator don't have wide appeal, then the people that put them on the air are either stupid or arrogant to think they'll do well on network TV.

jonthejedi
04-06-2009, 04:16 AM
Friday night has been the kiss of death as far back as the original Star Trek series.

sith_killer_99
04-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Friday night has been the kiss of death as far back as the original Star Trek series.

The only show I can remember being successful in that slot was X-Files!

Devo
04-06-2009, 08:32 AM
If shows like Terminator don't have wide appeal, then the people that put them on the air are either stupid or arrogant to think they'll do well on network TV.

And why is it that a show like Terminator doesn't have wide appeal? This franchise is a guaranteed money-maker at the cinema. Where the hell are all these people when its on TV?

Mad Slanted Powers
04-06-2009, 08:38 AM
And why is it that a show like Terminator doesn't have wide appeal? This franchise is a guaranteed money-maker at the cinema. Where the hell are all these people when its on TV?

Partly because it is sci-fi, and probably more so it's serialized nature. With X-Files, there was the continuing mythology, but they didn't do that every episode. They had a lot of stand-alone episodes. I can imagine that Terminator would be hard for a new person to get into, and a casual viewer that started watching it might lose interest when it becomes too difficult to follow what's going on.

Darth Metalmute
04-06-2009, 08:52 AM
I think the problem is, people don't like this kind of show. The public seems to prefere crime investigation show. It's rediculous how many there are. CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Numbers, the Mentalist, Fringe, Law and Order, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Bones, Without a Trace, Cold Case......etc. People are only comfortable within the same element. And obviously, the masses are @$$es.

Those Hulu commercials might not be as far off as they appear. TV is obisously making people zombies for the same type of show.

We can blame FOX for cancelling alot of great shows, but at least they are trying. They aren't throwing out crime drama after crime drama. You pretty much have to watch cable to see anything original. The trouble is, FOX sucks you into shows that are well done, then cancels them before anything is answered due to ratings.

Everytime something like this happens with FOX, it always makes me think of the end of that Simpsons episode where Homer is the Missionary. When Rupert Murdoch says on the telethon telephone, "You just saved my network!" And it cuts to Bart saying, "Wouldn't be the first time."

Vyrquenox
04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Good analogies! My brother instantly felt the same way. He outright thought it was a stupid way to kill off a liked character. I kind of see it both ways. A major part of my feeling is outrage that he was offed in such a simple manner, as though he were an inconsequential henchman. The other part of me subscribes to the 'wow, how daring and realistic' viewpoint.

The hole in the 'how realistic' bit is as you say all the other parts of the films and this show where you have to suspend disbelief. Obviously the time travel and the predestination paradoxes, and also little things like 'why didn't the T-800 just stamp on linda hamiltons head instead of changing clips in his gun in the Tech Noir' or 'why did the first incarnation of Cromartie take a dramatic pause when he had John in his sights at almost point-blank range in the pilot episode of SCC'? If this Terminator put a bullet in Derek's head instantaneously how is it that other Terminators have failed repeatedly to do just that to Sarah and John?
Thanks Devo, I'm glad someone understands this. I don't need 'bold and daring' approaches to offing themselves on TV shows i watch though. I'll still watch it, but I don't watch action adventure sci fi to be dismayed and upset. That's the crux of it. The show isn't war and peace and philosophy. Nobody was clapping happily when the t100 in T2 went into the steel and melted, but that was a noble death. As far as I saw Derrick just rampantly ran around a corner (which he never would do as far as the character was known to, even at the most dire situations of danger of anyone, since he obviously had military training) and got shot. His character could not have been expected to just run around corners with the knowledge a terminator was in that hallway, whether or not John Connor was somehow in danger. He'd spend the same amount of time and look at the reflection in the glass first. But it's not a book of philosophy it's for my entertainment. So if Brian Green needed to leave the show, they should have done something to make it seem less depressing. I don't need to spent 10 minutes going 'ah no. no. no.' I doubt anyone is clapping and happy or more interested in the series because of that. Major characters in a work of entertainment fiction are not supposed to instantly die. Look at the "Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan. I stopped buying his books because I just got tired of his abuse of characters he had developed in my head. Like I needed him to teach me a lesson about something. Even Tolkein brought Gandalf back.

Vyrquenox
04-06-2009, 10:32 AM
As a matter of fact, Boromir was a jerk, to a degree, but even he didn't 'just die' instantly. Darth Vader didn't just 'instantly fall over coughing' and not speak again. I've actually never seen such a well loved character with camera time spent on him just sitting there dead as a doornail. Shot through the head like he was that stupid to be doing that. Why make him out to be that much of a bad-a@@. Hell I would have maybe taken it less as horrifyingly stupid if the terminator shot him in the chest and he said coughing blood 'go run run!" and they ran. or anything. Where's the drama in what they did? None. They should hang the writers. (figuratively, not literally). That's not how you do the job. I could have written a better ending for Derrick, most of us could have, the trick I learned in school is if you want someone to be dead now, and it's a hero, you give it some kind of redeeming quality, so that people feel really bad but feel stronger at the same time. This left me feeling just really sick. That is not what I need.

Vyrquenox
04-06-2009, 10:37 AM
About two things got me into the show, Summer Glau is hot, and Derrick came in and he was the a great rolemodel of a character. I don't like them killing off the great rolemodel like that. That's the simpler explanation. He was the only one that always did the best and right thing. So f them for making up a great rolemodel of a character and then blowing his brains out. That sends such a great message. Don't be like Derrick!