PDA

View Full Version : B-Wing Dagger Squadron Question

WesleySr
08-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Anyone know if the other pilots from the Dagger Squadron have been confirmed yet? I have one B-Wing opened already and another boxed. I am wanting to know if I should go ahead and buy 2 more if they are going to release the other 3 pilots.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2008, 05:45 PM
They have not been confirmed so far. The rumor was that they would be in the Entertainment Earth Mystery Set, but that turned out to be Joker Squad.

DarkJedi5
08-28-2008, 06:33 PM
As soon as you get rid of your extra Hasbro will announce a comic pack featuring two of the other pilots.

cookiemonster
08-28-2008, 07:37 PM
WesleySr if you do decide to open it and dont want the same pilot, I will take it off your hands.

WesleySr
08-28-2008, 08:10 PM
It just doesnt make any sense that they would include the stickers to make any of the 4 different B-Wings, but only release one pilot.

Knowing my luck, I will open the 2nd one and they will re-release the B-Wing with a different pilot.

pegger
08-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Maybe they will be in the Evo Rebel Pilots #3 pack?

DarkArtist
08-30-2008, 06:33 PM
while i would love to have the other pilots from Dagger Squadron i not about to buy any more B-Wings in the future. i have the Dagger version, the POTF version and the original Kenner version. i good on B-Wings.

would really love to see the rest of Dagger Squadron get the plastic treatment though, and a comic packs could rock if done right.

omnithx
09-20-2008, 12:49 AM
Just a quick question about this vehicle. What colour B-wing does Lt. Pollard pilot? I haven't read "Small Victories" and am not sure which pilot belongs to what colour ship.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-20-2008, 12:59 AM
Just a quick question about this vehicle. What colour B-wing does Lt. Pollard pilot? I haven't read "Small Victories" and am not sure which pilot belongs to what colour ship.
It has the colors in the directions sheet, but Pollard is Black Dagger.

omnithx
09-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Pollard is Black Dagger.

Thanks, now I know which stickers to apply.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-20-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks, now I know which stickers to apply.
Yup, and looking at this picture (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/74/SWREB14-FC.jpg) shows you the orientation of the dagger on two sides so you know which way to apply them.

Tycho
09-21-2008, 12:09 AM
I read all the Star Wars literature that I can, but I don't think I enjoy this comic (Rebellion) as much as you guys do.

Actually, I like the NJO and Legacy comic years best, with some interest in KOTOR (or Zayne Carrick to be more precise), and what I'd call LIMITED TOLERANCE for more Clone Wars.

I think it's Cade Skywalker that I'd welcome the most new stories about - or maybe if you want to go back to the Dark Times, then some focus on Quinlan Vos.

I also would like Kir Kanos in Crimson Empire III.

Guys flying B-wings? ****! Bring back the Rogues! I'd like to see the comics cover Tycho Celchu's imprisonment with the Empire under Ysanne Isard. Real pilots fly X-wings duded!

Rogue Squadron forever!

I'm Tycho Celchu and I approve this message.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-21-2008, 02:50 AM
I've never read this storyline, but that doesn't mean that I don't like the B-wing.

I hate EU that undermines the impact of the films (as I've said before). A red-and-black Sith Lord in The Phantom Menace? Sweet! Ninety-two of them in Legacy? Eh, not so much. That, and the Mandalorian thing, is only a small issue; I hate that the Empire reformed 13 times and the Sith came back after, you know, that little hullabaloo they decided to turn into movies.

Tycho
09-21-2008, 03:02 AM
It's an eternal fight against the darkness in each of us. It borrows from religion which states that man is born into sin and predestined towards evil. Life is the forum for the struggle against that in order to be "saved." Different religions have different prescriptions for exactly how that is achieved, and this isn't the thread for that. However, Star Wars borrows on this religious theme to shape the religion of the Jedi. They serve as the watchmen over all the life that impacts their political boundaries (the Republic or the Empire in darker years) because they know the Sith will keep rising constantly. Or more precisely, evil will always rise again from amongst those with the most dangerous ability to cultivate it (Force sensitives in the Star Wars universe). "The Sith" as they stand, are those power-hungry who adhere to a philosophical system almost exactly opposite to that of the Jedi. They use their teachings to obtain power, while the Jedi use theirs to maintain balance. This is why Anakin could think it's evil to maintain the status quo - look at his life experience where the status quo allowed slavery and poverty. The Jedi don't restrain from social improvements, but they restrain those who are too unbalanced from becoming too powerful.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-21-2008, 02:45 PM
I would be fine with the Sith returning after ROTJ if the entire six-film series wasn't devoted to Anakin rising, falling, and ultimately bringing balance to the Force. I know "evil" is always around in the real world but I would prefer if, in Star Wars, they all lived "happily ever after." That was the goal of the characters, and their sacrifices seem pointless if they are all to be undone a few years later.

And I know it makes for interesting reading, but whatever.