PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader

Pendo
02-17-2002, 03:23 PM
If they get Darth Vader in Episode III do you think they'll get Dave Prowse in the costume or do you think they'll dress up Hayden?
Also, do you think James Earl Jones will do the voice?

I'd LOVE for Vader to be in Ep3 but my only hope is that they don't give away that it's Anakin because it will totaly spoil the suprise in Episode V.

PENDO!

Rollo Tomassi
02-18-2002, 09:43 AM
This is a Spoiler Free section, so I'll say I think James Earl Jones comes in and does voice over for the last twenty minutes or so of the movie.;)

It depends on if they have the complete DV costume or a kind of interim costume where you can tell it's Hayden. Otherwise they'll just get some tall, beefy guy to put the costume on. A stunt man or something.

I don't see how you can get away with NOT showing Anakin's transformation into Vader.

Pendo
02-18-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
This is a Spoiler Free section, so I'll say I think James Earl Jones comes in and does voice over for the last twenty minutes or so of the movie.;)

Thanx for that! It wasn't obvious, honest!!!! :mad:

PENDO!

Rollo Tomassi
03-01-2002, 05:53 PM
That was just a rumor I heard after Episode 1 came out. honestly, any decision to JEJ-ify Vader won't be made until around 2005. You could just as easily say James Earl Jones won't be in E III.

Pendo
03-02-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
That was just a rumor I heard after Episode 1 came out. honestly, any decision to JEJ-ify Vader won't be made until around 2005. You could just as easily say James Earl Jones won't be in E III.

It would be cool if he is in it though, i hope the rumor is true!!!

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
03-04-2002, 10:23 AM
I totally can't post in this section. I'm like a walking spoiler nightmare! I probably would say something I didn't think was a spoiler and it would turn out to be one. Oh, well. I THINK Rollo is maybe kinda correct, but maybe not. ;)

Darkross
03-28-2002, 12:04 PM
I would like to see Darth Vader in Episode III, and would imagine that we will, but maybe not see the transformation from Anakin to Vader. I suspect that if we do see him, it will be after he is fitted with his black costume and helmet. We probably won't see his face...just the back of his head (like we saw in Episode V) then once he is fitted with his helmet he'll turn around and we will get our first look at Darth Vader. I would suspect that GL will want to let fans wait until Episode VI before they ever see Darth Vader's face...that's the whole build-up of ROTJ.

Fixer
03-29-2002, 09:02 AM
I agree - It'll probably be a brief appearance at the end, judging what JEJ has said in interviews. Which is fine - I just want to see him! There may be an interim "Vader" - after Anakin turns, but before he confronts Obi-Wan. I think it's Hayden we'll see "hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights," not the man in the mask.

As for a Dave Prowse appearance, he's not been in good health lately. If he doesn't have to do much, then maybe. But if we do see him in full action, I'd almost have to think it would be another actor. :(

icatch9
03-29-2002, 09:58 AM
I don't know if we will see him or not, but you have to remember that Luke is the only one who doesn't know Vader is his father. Obi-Wan and Yoda know for sure, and I bet everyone else does too. So it's clear that Vader's idendity in the prequils is no secret to the Jedi.

Just imagin the amount of New Darth Vader stuff GL could sell if they made Vader, just a little different than we see him in the OT. It's a cash cow, so there is a good reason to have him in the movie and make him ever so different than we are used to.

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 10:47 PM
Sort of like the Clonetroopers are slightly different from Stormtroopers? Verrry interesting theory...

Pendo
05-14-2002, 02:15 PM
I hope they don't make him look different, I think the way he looks in the OT is perfect and shouldn't be altered for the prequels.

PENDO!

Megs 2
05-15-2002, 01:11 PM
I was thinking that maybe A. Skywalker/Vader will have a different mask/helmet like a prototype to what we seen in the OT. Hopefully near the end of the movie we will see more of the OT Vader. Hunting, killing off the remaining jedi. However I can wait till 2005.

scruffziller
05-26-2002, 06:27 PM
I heard that James Earl Jones has already had his voice recorded for EPS 3 , because they are not sure if he is going to be alive by the time they would actually start production/post-production on EPS3.

chris
06-05-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Darkross
I would like to see Darth Vader in Episode III, and would imagine that we will, but maybe not see the transformation from Anakin to Vader. I suspect that if we do see him, it will be after he is fitted with his black costume and helmet. We probably won't see his face...just the back of his head (like we saw in Episode V) then once he is fitted with his helmet he'll turn around and we will get our first look at Darth Vader. I would suspect that GL will want to let fans wait until Episode VI before they ever see Darth Vader's face...that's the whole build-up of ROTJ.

Thats a good idea darkross, i definitely want to see Vader in some way, but i like the idea of not revealing him completely, or that he is Anakin until ESB.

saladin
06-05-2002, 02:44 PM
maybe he'll switch his gold hand into a black and who knows what else.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-25-2002, 09:27 AM
I want the last scene to be when darth vader is walking down the hallway camera is going up from his feet to his head and we here the classic sound effect.....

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-25-2002, 09:30 AM
Also if their is a little bit of Vader we finnaly get to see Vader fight at his full fighting ability sence he is younger then in esb and rotj where he is really old, thats why i want to see vader fight at his fighting ability, and if he fights a jedi like Mace Windu or Yoda he is goanna have to fight at full fighting ability

Darth Grifter
06-25-2002, 04:55 PM
I think that we will have to see some Vader in EIII. Without an appearance of at least a few minutes, it would seem that GL would establish a need for a EIII.5.

I would love to see Vader in full action. Maybe there will be stages to the Vader suit that we see, like Anakin in helmet and black cape but no body armor and then a blow from a Jedi (Obi-Wan) requires him to take on the full suit. Or maybe we see the suit without a helmet and Anakin going wild chasing down the Jedi and then something (inhaled sulfur fumes from lava according to some) will cause him to go on to the respirator.

If they do put Vader in battles, I hope that they get someone who can actually perform the stunts and it isn't some chessy de-humanized CG. I liked the Yoda battle -- alright, loved -- but there were parts during the Dooku/Anakin fight and the Yoda/Dooku fight that I could completely tell they had CG'd Chris Lee's face over someone else's body. That would be lame. I want to see a real person kicking some Jedi @** all over the place. :evil:

Darth Brick
07-20-2002, 12:18 AM
I would LOVE it if the last scene in the movie was the dome of Vader's helmet coming to rest on his head and him slooowly turning around to face the screen.

Finish Episode III with a close-up of Vader's mask, Lucas!

Pendo
07-20-2002, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Darth Brick
I would LOVE it if the last scene in the movie was the dome of Vader's helmet coming to rest on his head and him slooowly turning around to face the screen.

Finish Episode III with a close-up of Vader's mask, Lucas!

That would be cool, but I'm hoping there would be a bit more of Vader in it, not just the very, very end. Really, I don't care when and how Vader comes into it as long as it's not revealed that he is Anakin.

PENDO!

Pendo
10-23-2002, 09:01 AM
I bet Lucas will go through all the trouble in Episode III not to reveal that Anakin is Darth Vader, then put in the end credits:

Hayden Christensen
as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader

:rolleyes:

PENDO!

Darkross
10-24-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Darth Grifter
I would love to see Vader in full action. Maybe there will be stages to the Vader suit that we see, like Anakin in helmet and black cape but no body armor and then a blow from a Jedi (Obi-Wan) requires him to take on the full suit. Or maybe we see the suit without a helmet and Anakin going wild chasing down the Jedi and then something (inhaled sulfur fumes from lava according to some) will cause him to go on to the respirator.

If they do put Vader in battles, I hope that they get someone who can actually perform the stunts and it isn't some chessy de-humanized CG. I liked the Yoda battle -- alright, loved -- but there were parts during the Dooku/Anakin fight and the Yoda/Dooku fight that I could completely tell they had CG'd Chris Lee's face over someone else's body. That would be lame. I want to see a real person kicking some Jedi @** all over the place. :evil:

I've thought of this too...it would be nice to see Darth Vader in robes like Darth Maul...and then during his battle with Obi-Wan...causes him to need the full suit.

187-Maul
10-25-2002, 06:19 PM
I have thought a lot about how Lucas could try not to reaveal that Anakin is Vader in the PT throughout the scene in ESB but doesn't Obi-Wan say "my old padawan" to vader in their first battle in ANH? that would totally destroy everything since we all know that anakin was obi's only padawan if we saw the PT
or did I dream again:confused: ?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-25-2002, 08:09 PM
Obi-Wan said that Darth Vader was his apprentice, as was Anakin Skywalker. So nothing was ruined in this scene. :)

187-Maul
10-26-2002, 01:28 PM
but if you see the PT (which is of course necessary for this theory) you know that anakin as obi wan's only apprentice hence we know that anakin and vader are the same person

Pendo
10-26-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
but if you see the PT (which is of course necessary for this theory) you know that anakin as obi wan's only apprentice hence we know that anakin and vader are the same person

It may be possible for him to have had a padawan AFTER Anakin's fall. Perhaps Anakin will turn evil, and before he kills the Jedi we see Obi-Wan with a new apprentice :).

Also, I think when Obi-Wan says Vader was his apprentice I think it is possible for some people to think he is lying and that Vader wasn't his apprentice. They won't know why he is lying but something could be done in Episode III.

PENDO!