PDA

View Full Version : Easy Sandstorm Lando

Old Fossil
09-03-2008, 12:24 PM
1. Saga Lando (Skiff Guard disguise)
2. Tatooine Poncho (from Ep.1-era accessory pack)
3. Collar wrapping piece (from Asharad Hett)
4. Clear plastic band around torso
5. Rifle (from POTJ Senate Guard, I think)
6. Datapad (Watto's)

A bit overkill, probably, but the end result looks suitably Tatooine-ish. I need to get another Sandstorm Han or Luke for an extra set of goggles for Lando. I tried a couple of others (Mechanic Chewie's goggles, Podracer goggles) to no avail.

I suspect that parts of the shawl from the Vader's Apprentice Evolutions Jedi figure would work as well or better, but I don't have that figure.

Ando
09-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey, that looks really awesome! Nice work! I love customizing figures.

Old Fossil
09-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks Ando. I couldn't find any photo reference so it's all my own interpretation of what he'd be wearing.

One thing I've wondered: where was the Falcon parked while our heroes were dealing with Jabba? Mos Eisley, Mos Espa, or just a suitable area out in the desert?

bigbarada
09-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks Ando. I couldn't find any photo reference so it's all my own interpretation of what he'd be wearing.

One thing I've wondered: where was the Falcon parked while our heroes were dealing with Jabba? Mos Eisley, Mos Espa, or just a suitable area out in the desert?

Nice work! I think there are some photos of Lando from that scene floating around somewhere.

As for where the vehicles were parked, there is an unused matte painting from that scene that shows them in a desert valley out in the middle of nowhere. I'll try to find it.

Ando
09-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I seem to remember some still photos from 5-10 years ago showing the Falcon and Luke's X Wing parked out in the desert somewhere.

DarkArtist
09-30-2008, 02:13 PM
if you have the book Star Wars 360 days it has a pic of the matte painting for the cut scene.

nice work on the custom Old Fossil.

DarkArtist
09-30-2008, 02:18 PM
found these in Wookiepedia. i believe that's Lando walking up the ramp and the other pic is of Leia.

OC47150
10-15-2008, 09:12 PM
A good job of kitbashing there, Old Fossil.

Old Fossil
10-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks guys, and thanks for the images, DA.:)

Jargo
10-18-2008, 09:33 AM
here's a pic of the matte painting BB mentioned. the black bit is where the entrance to the jawa cave where luke builds hs new saber would be. 3-PO and R2 were to have come out of that at the start of their journey to jabba's palace.

DarkArtist
10-18-2008, 10:02 PM
here's a pic of the matte painting BB mentioned. the black bit is where the entrance to the jawa cave where luke builds hs new saber would be. 3-PO and R2 were to have come out of that at the start of their journey to jabba's palace.

according to the ROTJ radio drama Luke goes back to Ben's house to built his new lightsaber. i also thought it was mentioned in the Shadows of the Empire book ?

Jargo
10-19-2008, 12:03 PM
i'm going on the cut scene from the shooting script. iirc they shot a little footage for the scene but abandoned the whole thing. there's also pre-production art and storyboards for the scene. i know i've got pics of those too, i'll hunt em out.