PDA

View Full Version : What's your all-time favourite Badfilm?

mabudonicus
02-17-2002, 04:30 PM
Just reading in a few other threads about lousy movies made me wonder- what's YOUR all time favourite AWFUL film? I've seen enough references to MST3K around to know that at least a few of us appreciate the art of Badfilm.
To those who don't know whereof I speak- You know those films that are so outlandishly HORRIBLE that they're actually worth watching(think plan 9 from outer space, which ironically isn't nowhere's NEAR being the worst film ever released, despite popular notions) My list is long, as I'm somewhat of a collector, so I'll wait and see what comes up before I go off listing every insanely bad movie I've ever seen.
If you're hesitating, don't worry. It's alright to admit that you watched The Postman. There's no shame whatsoever in coming out and typing the phrase "Fat guy goes nutzoid".
ALSO- don't feel constrained at all by the fact that a movie was "critically acclaimed"- I bet a lot of people here would say I was some kind of theatrical luddite if they saw my entire list of movies that should be destroyed.
So come on, where's the worst films ever??

SithDroid
02-17-2002, 05:16 PM
Showgirls. Just plain horrible and if you watch it with a bunch of friends, hilarious.

Lord Tenebrous
02-17-2002, 05:50 PM
I'm a fan of the Godzilla series (not the American version).

I saw Godzilla 2000 in the theatre when it came out. Guilty pleasure. :happy:

And I really cannot wait to sit down and view Godzilla X Megaguirus and Godzilla GMK.

Mike Troxell
02-17-2002, 06:12 PM
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, Bad Taste, The Toxic Avenger movies, Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D., Killer Klowns from Outer Space...

And the list goes on, and on, and on.

Wolfwood319
02-17-2002, 07:56 PM
I love those black & white horror movies made in the 50's and 60's. The problem is I never remember the names. Most of their plots revolve around either hoards of insects or giant insects, or sometimes both. Real MST3K fodder.

I recently watched one about giant ants, it was really cool. I also love that one about spiders with William Shatner, another classic.

master jedi
02-17-2002, 08:56 PM
Manos, the Hands of Fate is at the top of my list. I think they should make action figures of this movie.

stillakid
02-17-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
There's no shame whatsoever in coming out and typing the phrase "Fat guy goes nutzoid".

Whew...I thought I was the only one. :eek:

GNT
02-18-2002, 12:01 AM
I don't like Christmas all the way,its just lame,cant stand it and that child actor can't act at all,its not like his going to get anything big after that pile of poodoo they call Jingle All the way! ;)

wampabreath
02-18-2002, 01:17 AM
THE THING WITH TWO HEADS! (1972)

Absolutely ridiculous!

Synopsis:

The head of a dying white bigot (Ray Milland) is transplanted onto the body of a black convict on death row (Rosey Grier) in an attempt at life extension!!!

AND there IS an action figure of this!

Emperor Howdy
02-18-2002, 04:11 AM
Hmmm....

Damnation Alley

KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome

Friday the 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan

The Stuff

It's Alive

The Gods Must be Crazy, 1 & 2

Attack of the Clo...oh...I mean Killer Tomatoes

The Exorcist II: The Heretic

Jaws III

Bad Ronald

Halloween III: Season of the Witch

I'm sure there's more....

:stupid:

good shot jansen
02-18-2002, 06:49 AM
scarface!

absolutely hands down one of the worst flix ever!

but man oh man, do i ever love it!

Mike Troxell
02-18-2002, 09:02 AM
Bah! I don't see any way Scarface can be considered a bad movie. To each his own, I guess :)

mabudonicus
02-18-2002, 10:24 AM
Wolfwood- that's "Kingdom of the spiders". That's a GREAT flick!
Has anyone here ever seen either "Brainsucker: the ultimate frontal lobotomy" or "Spine"? Both shot on video, both extremely uncommon. If you get a chance, check them out.
Master Jedi- yeah, hands of fate was a real gem. I've seen it a couple times and I still can't figure out what the "director" was trying to accomplish.
How about "Monster Dog" with Alice"vince"Cooper? I just saw that a couple months ago, and it really belongs in this thread. If anybody saw this film and "got" it, please explain.

El Chuxter
02-18-2002, 11:21 AM
The Gods Must Be Crazy a bad film? YEAAARGH!!!

I've always been partial to Mortal Kombat. Great special effects (for the most part), nice cinematography, mediocre script and acting, Christopher Lambert, cheesy techno soundtrack. All this and Brigette Wilson, too!

Speaking of Chris Lambert, I suppose it's only fair to classify Highlander as a bad movie.

master jedi
02-18-2002, 02:20 PM
The Nightmare on Elm Street movies suck. But they sure are fun to watch.

Am I supposed to be scared when I watch these movies?:confused:

JEDIpartner
02-18-2002, 03:11 PM
The first one is: "Nice Girls Don't Explode" with Barbara Harris, Michelle Meyrink and Wallace Shawn.

The second one: "Assault of the Killer Bimbos". Great "bad" film with cheesy script and props!!! I even have the soundtrack to this on LP!!! :rolleyes:

PloKoon2385
02-18-2002, 03:42 PM
I dunno if you'd call these bad, but most people would:

George of the Jungle (Disney, Brendan Fraser)

Spaceballs

and I am sure there are more that I am forgetting....

dr_evazan22
02-18-2002, 03:53 PM
How about a direct rip-off od SW?

BattleStar Gallactica

The ships were awesome! But (from the movie) that was about it. I wish I could find some of the TV series on video or DVD. I like to see the episode(s) where they finally reach Earth.

mabudonicus
02-18-2002, 04:01 PM
Do you have access to the space network, Dr.Evazan ? They've been showing BG on and off. The pilot film was on around xmas. The one where they get to earth was on not too long ago as well. (I have it on tape, I believe, so if yer desperate I could always send you an ...original) It's really campy, but sort of fun.
The worst SW ripoff I can recall was Battle Beyond The Stars.
That thing was an abomination, all style(shoddy style, but style nonetheless) and negative substance.
How bout Allan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold? They even ripped off the font and font colour scheme, fer pete's sake.
Or Yellow Hair and the city of gold, that was nice.

SithDroid
02-18-2002, 05:04 PM
I agree with you JediPartner. I like "Nice Girls Don't Explode." What ever happened to Meyrink? She was in some really good movies and then all of a sudden it was over.