PDA

View Full Version : I knew C-3PX, and that ain't C-3PX

El Chuxter
09-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Dear Hasbro,

I've wanted a C-3PX figure for a very long time. I almost carped my pants when I read a few months ago that we were finally getting him.

Thanks to the generosity of a fellow collector (there are some who would call him... Jim), who wanted the Wal-Mart Droid Factory sets but not the EU Build-A-Droid, I have this figure you're claiming is C-3PX.

Wrong.

While the sculpt is good, tossing on two different guns in five places and slapping an 'X' on his forehead does not C-3PX make.

First and foremost, this SOB is not nearly armed enough. Not only should he have the concealed pop-out weapons (which it looks like you sorta tried to give him), but he has to actually carry weapons as well. Two different rifles in most pictures, and even more separate guns in some. Ideally, at least one of these rifles should be the sort that comes with a strap to easily stow away after decimating a few dozen targets.

He also is missing his jetpack, shown in most pics, which is just a standard-issue Boba Fett jetpack, and, given your love of reissuing Boba Fett and his backpack, it's a bit mind-boggling that you didn't make another Droid Factory 2-pack for the backpack.

C-3PX also is never seen without at least one ammo belt. True, his weapons aren't belt-fed, but it's just a nice touch to make him look even more uber-badarse.

Finally, the flat paint job sucks. Never mind that the guns he has look stupid in flat gold, but C-3PX is usually portrayed as being a filthy robot. He's such a mean fella that oil baths just don't seem to work on him. (I suspect he scares away the soap, or whatever oil baths use to clean droids.)

You did get the 'X' and red eyes right, but that's about it.

Of course, you've now demonstrated to us that you know who C-3PX is, and are willing to make him. That you made him so lacking (especially compared to the other recent classic EU figures released or scheduled for this year, like Jodo Kast) will only make us angrier that C-3PX got, well, screwed.

Make right what you did wrong. Give us a proper C-3PX. Since he would still be kitbashed from existing sculpts and weapons, this doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Rocketboy
09-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks to the generosity of a fellow collector (there are some who would call him... Jim), who wanted the Wal-Mart Droid Factory sets but not the EU Build-A-Droid, I have this figure you're claiming is C-3PX.You totally made that name up.
It certainly sounds like a made up name.

Or Canadian.

2-1B
09-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I didn't even know this droid was from EU Proper, I just figured it was something goofy Hasbro made up.

I guess in the end it's still the same, though...

jediguy
09-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Chux is right on every count

good observations there

jedi master sal
09-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Chux is right on every count

good observations there

I second that!!!

Kidhuman
09-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for saving me the time and trouble of finding this guy on Ebay