PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movie Quotes, and the Quoters Who Quote Them

Qui-Long Gone
09-08-2008, 05:09 PM
What are some of your favorite movie quotes (mine are mostly from Office Space)?

Is there a film in particular that you find yourself constantly referencing (like Caddyshack)?

Do you and a friend or family member always reference the same film to each other (my dad and I always quote Pink Panther films)?

Share the best lines from the best films in your life. Non-Star Wars preferred....

Here's a few of mine....

*One of my favorite lines when I'm having a crappy day, "so I've got that going for me, which is nice." Caddyshack

*One of my favorite lines to use in our office, "I believe you have my stappler." Office Space

*Anytime my pants are too tight, "We've got armadillos in our trousers." Spinal Tap

El Chuxter
09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
O Brother, Where Art Thou:
"Damn! We're in a tight spot!"
"He's a suitor!"

Mystery Men:
"You may want to put some shorts on if you'd like to continue fighting evil today."
"If you can balance a tackhammer on your head, then you can head off your enemy with a well-balanced attack."
"Aww, dang!"

The Princess Bride:
Pretty much the entire movie

JimJamBonds
09-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Wayyyyyyy to many to list here but I'll give a few examples. Any or all of these can and are used reguardless of weather they are used in the same context as it was in the movie.

"Cross him off then." - From Major League
"I don't know Lou, I got a go on the other line about some whitewalls." - Major League
"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood and I never slice." - Caddyshack (although most of the entire movie is quoted on a regular basis)
"I may have had one or two chardonay's... what of it?" - Big Daddy
"Of course" - Blades of Glory
"What the crikey f**k!?!?!" - Tropic Thunder

dr_evazan22
09-08-2008, 08:36 PM
"Tina! Eat your ham!" - Napoleon Dynamite

Neuroleptic
09-08-2008, 08:49 PM
This is something I tell to residents where I work who sometimes get discouraged about the fact that they are in there 90s, old, and probably nearing their last days.

Look at it this way,

"It's not the age, it's the mileage."-Raders of the Lost Ark

They don't know where Im quoting that from, but it always seems to chear them up.

JediTricks
09-09-2008, 08:26 PM
*One of my favorite lines when I'm having a crappy day, "so I've got that going for me, which is nice." CaddyshackAnd all you had to do was caddy for the Dali Lama.

I use Carl's "...like a glove!" in-voice a lot.

This is something I tell to residents where I work who sometimes get discouraged about the fact that they are in there 90s, old, and probably nearing their last days.

Look at it this way,

"It's not the age, it's the mileage."-Raders of the Lost Ark

They don't know where Im quoting that from, but it always seems to chear them up.
It might help if you quoted it correctly: "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage." (That way it's a car double-entendre).

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2008, 09:17 PM
"Enough is enough!! I have had it with these mutha f*&kin snakes on this mutha f*&kin plane!!"-mace windu

Qui-Long Gone
09-10-2008, 12:02 PM
"FOR-E-VAAAR"

Sandlot

Kidhuman
09-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Anohter good one from Major League - Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside - Uke

Qui-Long Gone
09-11-2008, 03:18 PM
For those macho moments (can you name these films?)

I'm your huckelberry....

We r-r-r-ready c-c-colonel....

I'll be back....

The only thing to come from Texas is steers and queers....and you aint' no steer.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Been a while since I saw this movie back in college, but it had a couple quotes we used for a while. Heathers had the lines:

"What is your damage?"
"Sit and spin." (accompanied by a middle finger).

My roommate and I lived in a dorm room below a friend of ours. My roommate had stick that he would put a message on and raise it up for our friend to see. One day, I traced the outline of my hand giving the finger, and wrote "Sit & Spin" on it. Then my roommate put it on the stick and raised it up so our friend could see it. Good times.

Kidhuman
09-11-2008, 11:04 PM
For those macho moments (can you name these films?)

I'm your huckelberry....

We r-r-r-ready c-c-colonel....

I'll be back....

The only thing to come from Texas is steers and queers....and you aint' no steer.

Tombstone
???
Terminator
Full Metal Jacket

Rocketboy
09-11-2008, 11:31 PM
The Lord loves a workin' man.
Don't trust Whitey.
See a doctor and get rid of it.

UKWildcat
09-12-2008, 01:33 AM
-All right, all right, all right.
-Party at the Moon Tower.
-You ought to ditch the two geeks you're in the car with now and get in with us. But that's all right, we'll worry about that later.
-It'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Snowtrooper
09-12-2008, 01:56 AM
I kinda like.....

"5'9"??? I didn't know they stacked s**t that high!!!"-Full Metal Jacket
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."-Apocalypse Now
"Suck my white a** ball!!!!"-Happy Gilmore
"The price is wrong b****!!!"-Happy Gilmore
"My face sure kept my body from getting hurt."-Jackass#2
"Antwon got a little hot under the collar."-Batman
"Do not go in there!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"-Ace Ventura
"How's your wife and my kids?"-Major League

These are Rockisms. Their not from any movie, but still amusing.

"Know your role, and shut your mouth!!"
"Your lookin at the Rock like your part retarded. The Rock will slap the taste out of your mouth. You understand what the Rock is saying."
"You bring your rudy poo candy a** down that damn walkway, so the Rock can put his fist in your mouth and his foot in your a**!!"
"The Rock is going to take that sledgehammer, shine it up real nice, turn that sum***** sideways, and stick it straight up your candy a**!!"

I can think of some other quotes, but I they're probably too vulgar for these forums.

Darth Duranium
09-12-2008, 01:57 AM
Oh, oh... you ready to blow? Well, I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' mutharf***er, muthaf***er! - Samuel L in Pulp Fiction

Nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. - Ripley in Aliens

Discipline, 007. Discipline.

and

Say goodbye to Felix. Man Talk.

and

You're a woman of many parts, Poossy. - Connery in Goldfinger

Can I fix ya some sammiches? - many in Bad Santa

Surf? Charlie don't surf! - Kilgore in Apocalypse Now

Not from a movie per se but:

Not good enough, dammit! Not good enough! - Jean Luck Pickerd in Yesterday's Enterprise TNG

BTW, best Connery interview ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FgMLROTqJ0&feature=related

UKWildcat
09-12-2008, 02:08 AM
Oh, oh... you ready to blow? Well, I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' mutharf***er, muthaf***er! - Samuel L in Pulp Fiction

I'd a just gone ahead and posted the entire script. ;) :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
09-17-2008, 10:11 PM
"You're the man now, dog!"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-17-2008, 11:16 PM
The Lord loves a workin' man.
Don't trust Whitey.
See a doctor and get rid of it.
You mean I'm gonna stay this color?

Rocketboy
09-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Good to see you kids have a respect for the classics.

And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.

Qui-Long Gone
09-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Tombstone
???
Terminator
Full Metal Jacket

??? = Glory, right before they march into certain doom! :cry:

Rocketboy, you left out the best quote from that movie, but how would you put it on this sight since it involves Steve Martin calling himself the N-Word?

DarkArtist
09-23-2008, 12:56 PM
i've always been partial to a line from Ghostbusters that I use when someone does something weird or stupid

"Egon..this reminds of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head"

when someone is surprised by an amazing feat or action performed by me

"I am a Jedi....like my father before me" or something from Caddyshack

"He's the Cinderella boy, tears in his eyes I guess."

and if I in a hurry to get somewhere and time is running out, Top Gun to the rescue

"I feel the need.... the need....for speed."